SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Well aside from Fairy and Ice resistance, and you also have absolutely absurd damage output on Flare Blitz under the Sun
252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mew in Sun: 283-334 (70.2 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Zacian-Crowned Behemoth Blade vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 237-280 (58.8 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Yeah Koraidon is naturally stronger than Zacian pre-nerf. Notably stronger too. It is only on Tera Fire STAB and while Sun is up, but wow.
It does, but honestly it is comparable to really any other <insert pokemon with high BST, high BP stab> stacking up tera + condition.
You can do comparable stuff with Kyogre's water spout or Dracovish Fishous Rend or whatever.

It doesn't matter if you hit Blissey for 800% or 101%, it's still dead in 1 hit :wo:

Kaphotics said the regional dex order didn’t match the nat dex exactly, but yeah I don’t know Chinese either lol so hard to tell. I’m guessing there’s a few shuffles here and there, probably with the new evos grouped like last gen.
I believe Kaphotics meant that people taking the regional dex order and thinking that would be the proper national dex order was incorrect, and that the in-game internal national dex order IS the correct one.
I don't think there's anywhere in the games files that would have a "corrected" national dex order - and since its not within Game Freak's own species enum, nor within any of the message files, nor within any of the personal tables, I doubt it exists.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I think we'll have to wait till Home drops to get the proper Dex numbers.

Well aside from Fairy and Ice resistance, and you also have absolutely absurd damage output on Flare Blitz under the Sun
252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mew in Sun: 283-334 (70.2 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Zacian-Crowned Behemoth Blade vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 237-280 (58.8 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Yeah Koraidon is naturally stronger than Zacian pre-nerf. Notably stronger too. It is only on Tera Fire STAB and while Sun is up, but wow.
Yeah, and Fairy Tera Zacian does even more damage than that.

Yeh honestly, I have a feeling that, at least until Teralyze is banned (if it even is), Ubers may end up turning into who can bait the opposer Terastalyze first and then countersweep.

Expecially as pre-home Ubers is reaaaaally lacking defensive pokes lol, there's no actual baseline Uber in SV other than the 2 cover leges.

I believe Kaphotics meant that people taking the regional dex order and thinking that would be the proper national dex order was incorrect, and that the in-game internal national dex order IS the correct one.
I don't think there's anywhere in the games files that would have a "corrected" national dex order - and since its not within Game Freak's own species enum, nor within any of the message files, nor within any of the personal tables, I doubt it exists.
I just really don’t see them having random regular mons after the legendaries for seemingly no reason. The rest of the internal order is off too: some starters are in the middle of their gen, ursaluna is the last gen 8 Pokémon etc.

Although I do agree that there’s probably no way of knowing for certain from the files.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Speaking of Kecleon. It's one of the last Gen 2 pokemon to not get anything to help its sorry state. Most single stages now have evolutions, and Delibird at least has a paradox. Kecleon is just out here kekking.
You can say that to 60% of Hoenn’s single-stage, several of which are also in Paldea.

I love all the love given to Johto mons in PLA and SV, but I feel like Gen 3’s single-stages (and other overshadowed Gen 3 mons) need some important spotlight one way or another, be it regional variants or new evolutions. Hariyama getting a Paradox counterpart is at least a very nice consolation.

After. There was a regular-sized Great Tusk just wandering around in the nearby area after beating the Titan.
Are you certain it was wandering around? Someone sent me a video, and they had to interact with it to battle it - like a static encounter would act in older generations.

Are you certain it was wandering around? Someone sent me a video, and they had to interact with it to battle it - like a static encounter would act in older generations.
Well, he did have to walk up to it to initiate the encounter. When I say “wandering around,” I just mean it was just there, I didn’t mean anything more specific than that.

Kaphotics said the regional dex order didn’t match the nat dex exactly, but yeah I don’t know Chinese either lol so hard to tell. I’m guessing there’s a few shuffles here and there, probably with the new evos grouped like last gen.
1007 is Koraidon and 1008 is Miraidon, with the last two being the the paradox forms of Virizion and Suicune - although the CN reads just 'one past' and 'one future' in the list.

I just really don’t see them having random regular mons after the legendaries for seemingly no reason. The rest of the internal order is off too: some starters are in the middle of their gen, ursaluna is the last gen 8 Pokémon etc.
See, personally, I could believe them putting a few regular Pokémon after the Legendaries for whatever random reason (though it’d definitely be a strange move outside the context of DLC), but for me, the idea that they would create a unique tie-in Pokémon that requires you to collect 999 coins in the same generation where they finally reached #999 and #1000 in the National Dex, and then not make those the 999th and 1000th Pokémon…

Look, I know Game Freak can be really weird sometimes. But that just feels beyond the pale, even for them. Not to mention the prospect of them just up and leaving two ultra-conspicuous, unfillable blank spots for the Beast/Sword trio chimeradoxes in the listing until the DLC rolls around…

Last edited:
Not sure if this is brand new information - but after Gholdengo (1000) it's the ruinous quartet, then 1005 is Roaring Moon and 1006 is Iron Valiant, so the last two actually are separate from the rest of the paradox Pokemon.

Not sure if this is brand new information - but after Gholdengo (1000) it's the ruinous quartet, then 1005 is Roaring Moon and 1006 is Iron Valiant, so the last two actually are separate from the rest of the paradox Pokemon.
Yeah that's how it is set up in the Regional dex

past 570 paradoxes
future 570 paradoxes
baxcalibur line
gimmighoul line
quartet
roaring moon
iron valiant
box legends

Can any of y'all bless a fella with a map of Gimmighoul (chest) spawn locations? Necessary information for my 3 mon mono-Ghost challenge run

Can any of y'all bless a fella with a map of Gimmighoul (chest) spawn locations? Necessary information for my 3 mon mono-Ghost challenge run
Not a map by any means, but watching a friend of mine play there was always one on top of those old looking towers, and typically in ruin areas. I don't know of a respawn rate or anything, but those are good starting places.

SO After looking at the dex Entries. I am convinced Quaxly was intentionally based off of Brazil and not due to lack of research like some people speculated. I have dubbed it's Fighting Style Samboeira. I shall Nickname mines Eddie Birdo.
I guess Brazil must like its ducks, eh? First, the BattleBot Black Dragon's team both being Brazilian and having a mallard plushie as their mascot despite having black dragons instead of mallards on their shirts, and now this...

On the topic of the Chinese name order, I can confirm some correspondence with the latest post by R_N here (990-995 all start with the Chinese word for "iron", just as Khu said; 996-998 all have names ending with the Chinese for "dragon" and are for the pseudolegendary line; 1000's name has a word for "rich" in its middle (and half of the phrase for "competition" at the start?!?) so it does look believable for Gholdengo; 1004's name translates to "ancient jade fish", even ends with "Yü", and is for Chi-Yu; 1009-1010 shockingly look more believable for the box legends than for the DLC, due to both starting with the same word and 1010's name ending with the phrase for "future"), and I can add these for starters:
  • 906-908 punningly end with a word for "meow" instead of "cat"; both words are pronounced similarly (grass starters)
  • 912-914 end with the word for "duck" (water starters)
  • 932-934 start with words for "rock salt"; 3rd word of 934 is for "giant" (Nacli line)
  • 962 translates to "down(/drop?) stone bird" (Bombirdier?)
  • 980 corresponds with a Khu tweet about "earth king" for Clodsire's Chinese name

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)