SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Jesus, I'm dumb.

...but that raises even more questions. Surely we should have found out where Chilly Reception comes from, then? Unless literally no one wants to play with Slowbro.
Chilly Reception is an old Pokémon movie reference, the one with the talking Slowking, where he said a joke about wishing he had pants in the blizzard

Last edited:
Jesus, I'm dumb.

...but that raises even more questions. Surely we should have found out where Chilly Reception comes from, then? Unless literally no one wants to play with Slowbro.
Afaik that "unknown flag" ended up just being relearner moves that arent known at lvl 1.
(Es: all Paradoxes had their own respective field condition move with that flag, and you can just relearn it from the menu)

I'm treating the regional dex order as the natdex order until proven otherwise, mostly because Centro insisted on internal id being the actual dex order, and he's stupid, so the opposite of that is probably true.

As for the relearn move table I'm still just listing them as "other" in my database until more is known. It's still super weird that some mons seemingly have their egg move tables in there.

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/813965837...false&unique=8E3C956CD362C4F0232EC13F4A42B392

I found this link in a server I'm in, it has the Chinese names of the Pokemon but according to Khu these are the legit National Pokedex numbers of the Gen 9 Pokemon.

I cannot say who is who since I can't read Chinese but is anyone can decipher the Chinese names and translate them to the according Pokemon then we should have the actual NatDex order of the Gen 9 mons with this list.
translations! https://imgur.com/7lllLb0
hopefully they agree with whatever yall already have in mind

I guess Brazil must like its ducks, eh? First, the BattleBot Black Dragon's team both being Brazilian and having a mallard plushie as their mascot despite having black dragons instead of mallards on their shirts, and now this...

On the topic of the Chinese name order, I can confirm some correspondence with the latest post by R_N here (990-995 all start with the Chinese word for "iron", just as Khu said; 996-998 all have names ending with the Chinese for "dragon" and are for the pseudolegendary line; 1000's name has a word for "rich" in its middle (and half of the phrase for "competition" at the start?!?) so it does look believable for Gholdengo; 1004's name translates to "ancient jade fish", even ends with "Yü", and is for Chi-Yu; 1009-1010 shockingly look more believable for the box legends than for the DLC, due to both starting with the same word and 1010's name ending with the phrase for "future"), and I can add these for starters:
  • 906-908 punningly end with a word for "meow" instead of "cat"; both words are pronounced similarly (grass starters)
  • 912-914 end with the word for "duck" (water starters)
  • 932-934 start with words for "rock salt"; 3rd word of 934 is for "giant" (Nacli line)
  • 962 translates to "down(/drop?) stone bird" (Bombirdier?)
  • 980 corresponds with a Khu tweet about "earth king" for Clodsire's Chinese name
1009 and 1010 are placeholders.
1000 - I don’t know they put that first character, but the 2nd and 3rd characters combined just mean ‘rich person’.

6 pages now, pog
Alright. I finally decided my team, although no doubt these plans will change a fair bit.

1668627472548.png

Meowscarada and Ceruledge carry a lot of fights with their STABs as well as Play Rough and Psycho Cut. Tinkaton and Clodsire use their STABs and Brick Break/Megahorn to cover additional weaknesses. Cyclizar and Bellibolt kinda just do stuff, I guess.

With that said, how early-game is Cyclizar anyway? I remember Pooper, Charcadet, Tinkatink and (I think) Tadbulb being cited as early-game, but I'm not sure about Cyclizar.

translations! https://imgur.com/7lllLb0
hopefully they agree with whatever yall already have in mind
So the changes from the regional order are they took the evolutions, put them between Tatsugiri and the paradoxes and then placed them in generation order
so instead of Clodsire, Annhilape, Dudunsparce, Farigiraf, Kingambit it's Annihilape, Clodsire, Farigiraf, Dudunsparce, Kingambit

makes sense to me

To be fair sometimes gamefreak has a fast turn around. We got our first grass/ghosts in Gen 6 and then got 2 more in Gen 7

And sometimes they just suddenly circle back to a typing and never let it die. Psychic/Fairy and Normal/Psychic hello
It's true but these were types that thematically are somewhat easy to make work.

Grass + Ghost is basically just a ghost or spirit that is somewhat related to plants, and well Fairy + Psychic is a pretty easy to make association ...

Fire+Grass on other hand isn't exactly something I can see easily replicating. Though I have to credit the idea of the pepper plant, that is really clever.

The real question would be why Terastalize Koraidon which already has a solid typing and nuclear damage anyway, instead of Calyrex for example.

Pokemon isnt a 1v1 in a vacuum. There's up to 5 other mons to consider.
Koraidon? I thought you were talking Kommo-o .-.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Considering that we just got a grass/fire pokemon, I think you'll need a lot of copium for this one I'm afraid
Remember what happened when we got a Grass/Ghost? We got even more of them afterwards.

This is not even hopium anymore, it's pure facts

Fire+Grass on other hand isn't exactly something I can see easily replicating. Though I have to credit the idea of the pepper plant, that is really clever.
Sunflora is a literal sunflower, you can't be any firegrassier than that

Naw, I mean, when it comes to Pokemon, people make a big deal out of what they are based on or inspired by, but you don't really need real-life inspiration to pump out more Fire/Grass pokemon. I mean, a good chunk of the type is just adding Fire to random animals. Why not plants?
Speaking of inspiration though:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)