SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I've beat all 8 gyms, the 5 Titans and just beat the 4th star base and some musings on EXP:
-The game made the smart decision to not have Titans, Star Battles, or Star Bosses give any EXP. That's several high level bosses and a bunch of grunts that are giving you nothing.
-I'm still above the level curve by a few levels (ie like 53~55 ahead of Ortega's ~51)
-You can totally handle False Dragon titan in your 40s
-I've fought most trainers, but I found myself slowing down just since I'm eager to get to end game.
-I am however still catching a lot of Pokemon, which I think is taking the lion's share of my current EXP

It's relatively easy to miss trainers (or put them aside then forget to come back), so I think if your'e someone who doesnt like capturing a bunch of Pokemon it's not impossible that you wind up closer to on-par or maybe even a little lower leveled than intended. Kind of interesting; in SWSH i felt like I was bending over backward and really would have to do it more, but it all feels more natural here.

I've beat all 8 gyms, the 5 Titans and just beat the 4th star base and some musings on EXP:
-The game made the smart decision to not have Titans, Star Battles, or Star Bosses give any EXP. That's several high level bosses and a bunch of grunts that are giving you nothing.
-I'm still above the level curve by a few levels (ie like 53~55 ahead of Ortega's ~51)
-You can totally handle False Dragon titan in your 40s
-I've fought most trainers, but I found myself slowing down just since I'm eager to get to end game.
-I am however still catching a lot of Pokemon, which I think is taking the lion's share of my current EXP

It's relatively easy to miss trainers (or put them aside then forget to come back), so I think if your'e someone who doesnt like capturing a bunch of Pokemon it's not impossible that you wind up closer to on-par or maybe even a little lower leveled than intended. Kind of interesting; in SWSH i felt like I was bending over backward and really would have to do it more, but it all feels more natural here.
What's the recommended route to battle the gyms, titans and star bosses? Like battle first gym then go to titan etc.

What's the recommended route to battle the gyms, titans and star bosses? Like battle first gym then go to titan etc.

This was the route I followed, after being shown the map earlier.
Note that I did Mela first on the star route after Brassius because I didnt know lmao, and I did the 5th Titan after the 6th gym because I just really wanted the damn Rock Climb ability.

I honestly wonder if the map had a typo to begin with because all the sushi i was fighting was around 45 and the stuff on land capped around 51~52 and Arbolivia really barreled through the titan's first phase. Like Dodonzo's sp def is bad but its HP is great and I dunno. Just felt off.
Serebii's moveset listing, now that I look at it, also feels wrong. It absolutely used Order Up in phase 2.

Note that I did Mela first on the star route after Brassius because I didnt know lmao, and I did the 5th Titan after the 6th gym because I just really wanted the damn Rock Climb ability.

I honestly wonder if the map had a typo to begin with because all the sushi i was fighting was around 45 and the stuff on land capped around 51~52 and Arbolivia really barreled through the titan's first phase. Like Dodonzo's sp def is bad but its HP is great and I dunno. Just felt off.
Serebii's moveset listing, now that I look at it, also feels wrong. It absolutely used Order Up in phase 2.
Can I catch Chien-Pao before battling the Elite four? I know it is lv 60 but it's bad enough I can't use the majority of the Paradox Pokémon during the main-game so being able to use Chien-Pao before the Elite four would be a nice compensation.

Can I catch Chien-Pao before battling the Elite four? I know it is lv 60 but it's bad enough I can't use the majority of the Paradox Pokémon during the main-game so being able to use Chien-Pao before the Elite four would be a nice compensation.
the game doesnt prevent you from pulling out the stakes and it tells you about them through Raifort before you finish up the gyms so it's not impossible.

Probably be a pain to catch, though.

RIP well I guess I'm overleveled (not by much) for the last two gyms, Titan and Team Star bases. I was heading towards the last Star base before going back for the last gyms and the Titan but I will be way over them. Team is lvl 51 apart from my Baxcalibur which is 54.

the game doesnt prevent you from pulling out the stakes and it tells you about them through Raifort before you finish up the gyms so it's not impossible.

Depends. This game removed the catching penalty.

I've been regularly going up Glaseado before even the first gym and catching mons to breed them.

Speaking of which, I'm seconding the level curve thing. Due to all the shenanigans I've been doing, I'm rolling with a 10 mon rotation for the first gym and I'm actually underleveled to the point I had to use an Oran Berry and Tera to deal with the route bosses. That's despite me battling all trainers.

This is actually good because this game has a million ways to get you back to par if you need it, but there's no helping it if you're overleveled.

The first impressions I have with the level curve are excellent, but I guess most people won't feel the same if they didn't know what the proper route is.

I can probably catch him right before the elite four, provided by team is around level 55

I've been regularly going up Glaseado before even the first gym and catching mons to breed them.

Speaking of which, I'm seconding the level curve thing. Due to all the shenanigans I've been doing, I'm rolling with a 10 mon rotation for the first gym and I'm actually underleveled to the point I had to use an Oran Berry and Tera to deal with the route bosses. That's despite me battling all trainers.

This is actually good because this game has a million ways to get you back to par if you need it, but there's no helping it if you're overleveled.

The first impressions I have with the level curve are excellent, but I guess most people won't feel the same if they didn't know what the proper route is.
I tried rotating teams but I still mostly over leveled (not by much) or on par due to exploration. Been trying to limit myself to only bringing 3-4 for gyms too.

And yeah I didn't look up anything for routes because I wanted that discovery. Water gym and Mela actually put up a fight though because for those I went in slightly under level to on par.

Well that's good to know I guess. Iwas really curious about that because all the gym badges specifically state that cathcing up to so & so level will be "easier" so I was wondering about the possibilty of there being a less harsh penalty that gets erased as you go.

Incidentally I stuck with 6 pokemon, more or less; there was times where is wapepd around as i was trying to find who i wanted my team to be but it wasnt much.
I did wind up skipping a number of trainers but it felt more natural, but i'm at the level 55 star base and i'm all 53-55 so thats neato! and there's a big level jump for all the finales lol so that'll be fun. I think I'm just gonna leap right into them, enjoy the 3-5 level gap

May simply not have seen this mentioned before, but captured Pokémon seem to disobey based on badge count. Seems to only apply on catch level, but I haven't tested it extensively due to work. I can say that both my gf and I caught a couple level 21+ Pokémon after the tutorial sequence and they were very disobedient in battle, they also refused to auto-battle.

Look MWL we can't fathom for even a second that someone at some point turns the option off and then cant turn it back on. So we had to remove it entirely. Please understand.
You laugh, but something like this happened during a large part of my Pokémon X run. I turned off my Exp Share for a short grinding session to train up the other members of my team, but forgot to turn it on. I deactivated it after Grant and didn't remember to turn it back on until just before Clemont. Took me forever to grind the rest of my team anywhere close to my Level 48 Delphox. :facepalm:

You laugh, but something like this happened during a large part of my Pokémon X run. I turned off my Exp Share for a short grinding session to train up the other members of my team, but forgot to turn it on. I deactivated it after Grant and didn't remember to turn it back on until just before Clemont. Took me forever to grind the rest of my team anywhere close to my Level 48 Delphox. :facepalm:
Wait, you turned the Exp. Share off to grind!? :trode:

That's like wearing baking gloves at all times except to take out things out of the oven.

Incidentally the day 1 (or, negative like what 6) update fixed the E4 music bug. Just did the e4 myself, had the full song and it wasnt just the backing.
There must be something else though cause i did E4 two days ago and the music was still bugged :(

There must be something else though cause i did E4 two days ago and the music was still bugged :(

this is roughly (my sound was lower and obviously i dont have the same sound set up, so some of the finer poitns are lost) what it sounded like for me. Had hte base line, the weird metallic tinging, the trumpets, the synths etc

this is roughly (my sound was lower and obviously i dont have the same sound set up, so some of the finer poitns are lost) what it sounded like for me. Had hte base line, the weird metallic tinging, the trumpets, the synths etc
Now THIS is a good banger... that I didn't get to hear :(

(Though still not as good as the Team Star one, that one just hits differently)

Apparently it's the memory leak ruining everything again, but it also only affects the E4 and Champion themes.
I wonder how that even works. I can understand memory leaks causing performance issues because it mostly deals with loading assets (so it stutters trying to process it, it causes low poly models to stick around longer, thinks blip in & out of existence, etc) but only these two music pieces being affected strikes me as odd. It should hypothetically apply to all the songs and I would have figured when it DID affect things it would be more on par with the music stuttering or just not loading at all

not loading but only certain sound channels and only for 2 specific songs and no other sound effects.

Memory Leaks, very mysterious beings.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I wonder how that even works. I can understand memory leaks causing performance issues because it mostly deals with loading assets (so it stutters trying to process it, it causes low poly models to stick around longer, thinks blip in & out of existence, etc) but only these two music pieces being affected strikes me as odd. It should hypothetically apply to all the songs and I would have figured when it DID affect things it would be more on par with the music stuttering or just not loading at all

not loading but only certain sound channels and only for 2 specific songs and no other sound effects.

Memory Leaks, very mysterious beings.
Game Freak developers are powerful entities

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)