SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Cinderace is the next major raid. Like Charizard not to bothered about getting it since I have one to transfer later but I will probably capture it anyway.

So looks like the next tera raid is Cinderace. I don't recall this being in one of the leaked Pokemon that would be added in with the Home update in spring. Looks like this means we will be getting other Pokemon that were not yet leaked?

Gen 8 starters and legendaries were all in, plus a few legends from other gens, and Carbink for some reason I assume has to do with Diancie.

Anyway, bit of a question regarding regional breeding: Both nature and non-native regionality were passed down by holding an everstone, while balls were passed by the parent that passed the species, with the ball being 50/50 if both parents were the same species, AND hidden abilities were passed down by the parent that passed the species.

So, basically, if I breed a male Issuian Arcanine holding an Everstone, with a female Jolly HA Kantonian Arcanine, caught in a Repeat Ball and holding an Everstone as well, would I be able to get a Jolly Issuian Growlithe with Rock Head and in a Repeat Ball?

I will try to test it with Meowths this weekend (as Meowth is the only species around to have a non-Paldean, non-vanilla regional variant in the game at the moment), but, making sure that it isn't for naught from the get-go...

For reference:
-Charizard
-Decidueye, Typhlosion, Samurott lines + their Hisuian forms
-Gen 6 starters
-Gen 8 starters
-SWSH's legendary trio
-All the new SWSH DLC Pokemon
-The 7 new LA pokemon
-Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres + their Galarian forms (presumably why they're in at all see also: all the DLC pokemon) + Mewtwo & Mew
-Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza (for some reason??)
-All the Gen 4 legendary pokemon (+ Arceus) except Regigigas
-Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus + Meloetta
-Carbink + the gen 6 mythicals
-Magearna
-All regional forms of Pokemon in the Paldea dex
-Any other misc forms associated with any other available Pokemon (ie: Cap Pikachu, Origin forms, Dada Zarude, Original Color Magearna, the vivillons, etc)

Gen 8 starters and legendaries were all in, plus a few legends from other gens, and Carbink for some reason I assume has to do with Diancie.

Anyway, bit of a question regarding regional breeding: Both nature and non-native regionality were passed down by holding an everstone, while balls were passed by the parent that passed the species, with the ball being 50/50 if both parents were the same species, AND hidden abilities were passed down by the parent that passed the species.

So, basically, if I breed a male Issuian Arcanine holding an Everstone, with a female Jolly HA Kantonian Arcanine, caught in a Repeat Ball and holding an Everstone as well, would I be able to get a Jolly Issuian Growlithe with Rock Head and in a Repeat Ball?

I will try to test it with Meowths this weekend (as Meowth is the only species around to have a non-Paldean, non-vanilla regional variant in the game at the moment), but, making sure that it isn't for naught from the get-go...
The female would have to be Hisuian.

With the male being the one to carry all the fancy nature/HA/ball stuff, even if Kantonian?

Guess I'll be catching a bunch of stuff in Legends anyway then, just in case.

Hello! I once again come to you for another stupid question regarding breeding. Would Basculin-White be considered as a regional form or as a normal form? Ie do you need to have it be female to breed the form into rare balls for instance or will just using an everstone be good?

Hello! I once again come to you for another stupid question regarding breeding. Would Basculin-White be considered as a regional form or as a normal form? Ie do you need to have it be female to breed the form into rare balls for instance or will just using an everstone be good?
It's considered a regional form.

It's considered a regional form.
Thank you! So the game considers it moreso as Basculin-Hisui, makes sense considering it has a new evo! As such, an Everstone could be used to crossbreed it, right?

EDIT: Another question. If Basculin White is considered a regional form, what color of Basculin will it breed without an Everstone?

Last edited:
Thank you! So the game considers it moreso as Basculin-Hisui, makes sense considering it has a new evo! As such, an Everstone could be used to crossbreed it, right?

EDIT: Another question. If Basculin White is considered a regional form, what color of Basculin will it breed without an Everstone?
White, unless a Pokemon has a regional form for the region its in the regular and regional forms will always breed true. The only Pokemon that need an Everstone to pass their form in SV are regular Wooper/Quagsire and regular Tauros.

White, unless a Pokemon has a regional form for the region its in the regular and regional forms will always breed true. The only Pokemon that need an Everstone to pass their form in SV are regular Wooper/Quagsire and regular Tauros.
So Hisuian forms will not work like other regional forms? Like won't Female HA Growlithe + Male Growlithe Hisui with an Everstone be able to breed an HA Growlithe Hisui? Or will this only be a Basculin thing? I am really into breeding rare balls so I want to prepare for when these come.

So Hisuian forms will not work like other regional forms? Like won't Female HA Growlithe + Male Growlithe Hisui with an Everstone be able to breed an HA Growlithe Hisui? Or will this only be a Basculin thing? I am really into breeding rare balls so I want to prepare for when these come.
You said without Everstone in the post I replied to.

Regional forms always breed based on what's naturally available in the region. Galarian Meowth breeds to Kanto Meowth without an Everstone.

My question could be worded as such: does Basculin White behave like a regional form or like a Basculin color? I am pretty confused since I am getting conflicting reports. And now I am understanding that maybe Hisuian forms as a whole work differently, which adds to my confusion. I am very sorry about that.

My question could be worded as such: does Basculin White behave like a regional form or like a Basculin color? I am pretty confused since I am getting conflicting reports. And now I am understanding that maybe Hisuian forms as a whole work differently, which adds to my confusion. I am very sorry about that.
I already mentioned above what you would need to do for H-Growlithe specifically and it should work the same for Basculin. Basically with a Ditto you would need the everstone on a male or female regional form or if you're not using a Ditto you need the female to be the regional form with a everstone.

The White-Striped Form does not have the everstone form flag set like the Hisuian Form species do, so it's probably handled the same as the Red-Striped Form and Blue-Striped Form.

I already mentioned above what you would need to do for H-Growlithe specifically and it should work the same for Basculin. Basically with a Ditto you would need the everstone on a male or female regional form or if you're not using a Ditto you need the female to be the regional form with a everstone.
But regional forms can be passed by males holding everstones as well!

The White-Striped Form does not have the everstone form flag set like the Hisuian Form species do, so it's probably handled the same as the Red-Striped Form and Blue-Striped Form.
I see, so it acts moreso like a Basculin form. I'll prepare an ability patch and breed males of my Basculin - thank you!

With the same species bred together? I always had to use the female with the everstone in gen 8 or either gender with a Ditto.
Well I haven't. For instance, crossbreeding a Female Darumaka-Galar with HA into the Ball of a Male Darumaka-Unova with an Everstone worked wonders and indeed produced a Darumaka-Unova with HA in the ball last gen.

Did something similar with a Female HA Wooper-Paldean and the Male Wooper-Johto that an NPC trades to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)