SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Well I haven't. For instance, crossbreeding a Female Darumaka-Galar with HA into the Ball of a Male Darumaka-Unova with an Everstone worked wonders and indeed produced a Darumaka-Unova with HA in the ball last gen.

Did something similar with a Female HA Wooper-Paldean and the Male Wooper-Johto that an NPC trades to you.
Then you already had your own answer to begin with.

Then you already had your own answer to begin with.
Yeah, seems it works that way for Hisuians as well, except Basculin-White which works as a Basculin form. I had conflicting reports from other people though, which is why I had the question to begin with.

Yeah, seems it works that way for Hisuians as well, except Basculin-White which works as a Basculin form. I had conflicting reports from other people though, which is why I had the question to begin with.
Ahh okay I can see why it might be confusing with the conflicting reports.

So, I suppose if I breed a non-Native regional and a Ditto, while both hold everstones, I will get non-Native regionals, with natures being 50/50 those of either parent.

Beats having to grind in Legends for Natures ngl. Yeah I know about mints, but those are for legendaries and unbreedable stuff...

So, I suppose if I breed a non-Native regional and a Ditto, while both hold everstones, I will get non-Native regionals, with natures being 50/50 those of either parent.

Beats having to grind in Legends for Natures ngl. Yeah I know about mints, but those are for legendaries and unbreedable stuff...
I mean nature mints are 10k and limitless supply, they're clearly there to fix an annoying quirk. Just buy a mint!

I honestly struggle to see any reason to bother breeding anything in SwSh other than for un-grindable shinys =(
Saving on resources. I find it helpful occasionally. Use all the resources and options available.

Cinderace raid hits hard and I don't have anything to solo it with. But did it with one other using support Oranguru.

I mean I find breeding relaxing and engaging to do while winding down watching TV, while mass catching stuff in Legends doesn't scratch that itch. Bottlecaps and Mints not being proper changes (like the ability items are), but just surface-level ones, also mess up with my perfectionism, but, that's just a "me" issue, and their presence is welcome.

Now, SV really needs a way to EV train smoother than beating 28 of something or spending 500K per 'mon. Hoping DLC adresses it.

Passing down Poké Balls as well, right? I assume you can only get 1 each of moon ball, lure ball etc in this game

It does seem there's less you need to breed for now, though; and it's much easier to fix up a Pokémon. Like you could probably be happy with what you get in a first batch rather than need to keep going for ages till you get that specific 5IV spread

Passing down Poké Balls as well, right? I assume you can only get 1 each of moon ball, lure ball etc in this game

It does seem there's less you need to breed for now, though; and it's much easier to fix up a Pokémon. Like you could probably be happy with what you get in a first batch rather than need to keep going for ages till you get that specific 5IV spread
You can get more (at least, of the apricorn balls, i dunno about the Dream & Beast balls) out of the Auctions and by more I mean "you pay 300~450k for one (1) ball" when they randomly show up.

And yeah generally they've got it at a point where you can breed up a Pokemon and then just use the mints, capsules and bottle caps (& mirror herbs, to an extent) to put the finishing touches or fix a glaring issue. Breed to get you 80~90% of the way there, basically. And you breed instead of capture just to shave fof some extra time (& even then with Raids you can still go that route).

Hidden Abilities would be in the same bin but ability patches are probably another generation away from being upgraded to "fine ok you can just get these normally"

You can get more (at least, of the apricorn balls, i dunno about the Dream & Beast balls) out of the Auctions and by more I mean "you pay 300~450k for one (1) ball" when they randomly show up.

And yeah generally they've got it at a point where you can breed up a Pokemon and then just use the mints, capsules and bottle caps (& mirror herbs, to an extent) to put the finishing touches or fix a glaring issue. Breed to get you 80~90% of the way there, basically. And you breed instead of capture just to shave fof some extra time (& even then with Raids you can still go that route).

Hidden Abilities would be in the same bin but ability patches are probably another generation away from being upgraded to "fine ok you can just get these normally"
Dream is obtainable through auctions but not Beast.

You can also get any of the nine balls very rarely after completing the post-game tour. This is the only known way to farm Beast Balls notably.

Here's hoping just a DLC away. Kinda feel like they should just be removed and have the Ability Capsule bring up a list of all the Pokémon's different abilities

Now, SV really needs a way to EV train smoother than beating 28 of something or spending 500K per 'mon.
While of course this is not as optimal as hordes in X/Y and Poké Pelago / Poké Jobs, I think I have found out a good training spot for offensive spreads.

The cave next to station 3 in Area Zero features high amounts of:
- :dugtrio: Dugtrio (2 Speed)
- :lycanroc-midnight: Lycanroc (2 Attack)
- :golduck: Golduck (2 Special Attack)
- (Scarlet) :zweilous: Zweilous (2 Attack)
- (Violet) :iron-jugulis: Iron Jugulis (3 Special Attack)

The outside of the cave can also have (with a lower frequency):
- :raichu: Raichu (3 Speed)
- (Scarlet) (I think) :scream-tail: Scream Tail (3 HP)
- (Violet) :iron-hands: Iron Hands (3 Attack)
- (Violet) :iron-bundle: Iron Bundle (3 Speed)

The hidden cave with the giant glyph also has:
- (Scarlet) :roaring-moon: Roaring Moon (3 Attack)
- (Violet) :iron-valiant: Iron Valiant (3 Attack)

Both caves also feature not completely uncommon spawns of:
- :chansey: Chansey (2 HP)

Of course combining these with Power items (+8 EVs per battle) is a must (optimally 6 items for 6 Pokémon), which means 10 EVs per battle / 26 battles (or 11 EVs / 23 battles) to maximize a statistic in a way which also yields nice experience. Still not optimal, but also a relatively low-focus activity which can be performed while doing something else.

In Area Zero there's eating for Jumpluff spam for +3 speed and then there's +2 special attack for giraffes as well. The Asian setting in the north east is great since a lot there gives attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)