SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

So a strictly worse Boomburst in singles...got it.

Looks like Game Freak is really determined to never give a new mon/form with 130 or more base Special Attack a new special attack with over 120 BP and no drawbacks.
as they should(?)

Well it gets Dual Wingbeat for a 120 BP.Flying move, but idk if it even needs Flying coverage, it doesn't help much against Poisons or Steels
Also 90bp Double Kick + Tail Slap/Beat Up, but no recovery and Poison Jab/Play Rough as STABs seem... rough pun intended. I have no clue what that thing is supposed to do, it can't even really fish for/get the most out of toxic chain procs either without recovery. It just seems bad in every format Smogon and VGC(ig it gets spread Gleam + Toxic Chain off... it's weaker 70 base sp attack, just use Glimmora lol). Shame bc I swear almost every Fairy type with good stats is meta.
EDIT: It gets roost, so ig there's lower tier stall stuff; still super mid

Last edited:
Ah I missed it, it's levelup move and I looked in the TM section of the datadump, ah okay then it has a niche in mid tier singles I suppose
Youre underselling it honestly. Fairy/poison is great typing defensively and spreading poison is really potent utility

This ain’t really the topic of the thread but back in the day when discussions like these were on the playgrounds, there were no “mythical.” The term legendary was much more loosely applied to things. The only sub-category was really just “pixies” for the base 100 pokemon like Mew. The term mythical is fairy new for English speakers, I think. I’ve been a long time Pokemon fan and that term was hardly used before like Gen 6.
I've been with the franchise since Gen 1 and to me they're still all just legendaries. Argue with your dad.

Last edited:
Now that the dust has settled I have to say it.
The 4chan pastebin "speculation" has been one of the absolute dumbest things I have witnessed in a while and I sincerely hope we won't repeat it for Indigo Disk.
Your hopes will likely be in vain, this is the internet, where almost everyone wants attention, so they will do anything to get attention

And Drowzee, which for some reason has always gotten Poison Gas by level up, and was used by every fucking trainer in Koga's gym.
Drowzee are based on Baku which are often depicted with cloud of gases swirling around them, see Musharna. It still an iffy explanation.

Your hopes will likely be in vain, this is the internet, where almost everyone wants attention, so they will do anything to get attention
We can ignore them though and we should ignore obvious bullshit bait.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)