SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Raikou Draco Meteor over 2 turns vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu: 443-523 (86.1 - 101.7%) -- 12.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Raikou Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Iron Treads: 315-371 (82 - 96.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Tera Electric Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Roaring Moon: 180-212 (51.2 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Tera Electric Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 418-492 (104.5 - 123%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Shit’s insane. On the flipside, Gambit fucking dies

stellar type seems ass unless you have something specific like contrarian tera blast. a one time boost that you lose for the rest of the game instead of a consistent boost. sure you get to boost all your moves but thats not worth the tradeback.
it better have a good defensive type or else its strictly inferior tera w a few salvaging niches

pecharunt doesn't sound that bad? it has a strong typing, 88/160/88 is insane bulk and 88 speed is workable for a defensive mon. either offense being 88 isn't even bad for a defensive mon that is clearly meant to win through non-direct damage anyway. i don't count it out of competitive at all
It's not "bad" but it is disappointing. Having all your stats be 88 besides Def which ties with Onix is pretty boring.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Raikou Draco Meteor over 2 turns vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu: 443-523 (86.1 - 101.7%) -- 12.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Raikou Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Iron Treads: 315-371 (82 - 96.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Tera Electric Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Roaring Moon: 180-212 (51.2 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes

252+ SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Tera Electric Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 418-492 (104.5 - 123%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Shit’s insane. On the flipside, Gambit fucking dies
Absolutely comedic calcs. I love our new sauropod overlord.

YNM

formerly yNot Mence
is a Tiering Contributor
the new tera blast is basically worse than regular tera except against other tera'd mons. not changing much imo
" Stellar-type Terastallization grants a boost to moves—but only once per move type. After you use a move, no other moves of that same type will get the boost. In Tera Raid Battles, all moves will be boosted without limit. "
I don't know man, you get a move that is neutral on everything and is ALWAYS supereffective on other Tera mons, and Stellar-type Tera also gives you a free one-time boost on your other moves. This sound absolutely fucking stupid, and we should definitely quickban it.

pecharunt doesn't sound that bad? it has a strong typing, 88/160/88 is insane bulk and 88 speed is workable for a defensive mon. either offense being 88 isn't even bad for a defensive mon that is clearly meant to win through non-direct damage anyway. i don't count it out of competitive at all
also, poison/ghost is a solid defensive typing, we've just never seen it on a defensive mon yet. this is likely to be an ou mon, or at the absolute least earn a spot on the vr

It's not "bad" but it is disappointing. Having all your stats be 88 besides Def which ties with Onix is pretty boring.
idk, i love defensive legendaries just as a concept. we get so many nukes each generation.

also, does stellar type act as as typeless BOTH as a defensive type, and its tera blast against non-tera people? oe does it not change the typing (aka, mons stay their type and tera blast stays normal)? this is an important distinction

" Stellar-type Terastallization grants a boost to moves—but only once per move type. After you use a move, no other moves of that same type will get the boost. In Tera Raid Battles, all moves will be boosted without limit. "
I don't know man, you get a move that is neutral on everything and is ALWAYS supereffective on other Tera mons, and Stellar-type Tera also gives you a free one-time boost on your other moves. This sound absolutely fucking stupid, and we should definitely quickban it.
If it takes up your Tera slot though, you basically have to choose between a one-time nuke, versus playing defensively. And its not as effective if your opponent doesn't Tera or they wait until they beat your Stellar mon and then Tera.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wouldn't bet anything on the impact of Tera-Stellar yet. If I understand correctly (can anyone confirm?):
- You have no weakness except Tera-Stellar Tera-Blast
- You have a 80 BP move, 120 with STAB, that hits everything neutrally (Tera-Blast) and can nuke the opposing Tera (at the cost of a drop in your offensive stats IF you do nuke it)
- Your first Tera-Blast (as well as first any coverage move) is boosted

It doesn't sound like a waste of space to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)