SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

With the new reveals, what will the story behind the Paradox mons be? Will they even be called Paradox mons in-game?

The reveals say that they're brought up in books, with phrases such as "It is said that" and "The book describes". But are the books fictional, relaying myths/cryptids, or nonfictional?

I'm starting to think that those are fiction books and you essentially read these guys out of books (so the other speculated name "Continuum Pokemon" is out)....

PARADOXES And you!
  • They are not forms regardless of what some look like
  • They are separately numbered, named Pokemon
  • You can catch them in the "Final Area" in the middle of the region
  • You get access to there as part of the "fourth" story after finishing the other 3
  • They'll also (eventually) be in 7 Star raids
  • 7 in each version, all of them version exclusive
  • Scarlet are themed after the past, Violet after the future
  • Donphan & Volcarona have both past & future
  • None of them evolve into or from anything
  • The "normal" versions of the Pokemon don't turn into them
  • The "Paradox" moniker comes from the species names for Koraidon & Miraidon; they are to Cyclizar what ie Great Tusk is to Donphan
  • They are not actual time travel, despite the theming
  • Connected to the third legendary, implied to be more like.... Weird dream made reality stuff? Paradoxes in the sense they shouldn't exist, but do, regardless.

Definitely not what I expected and also ... i sure hope "Singer" is referring to the act of burning things and not actual singing
It's supposed to be "kind of jazzy" according to khu. It has a singing-based signature move

If that's real (kinda 50/50 on it ngl), it looks pretty cool. Finally, a Fire starter that doesn't look like a human in a fursuit
honestly the fact it's not more humanoid is what makes me think it's fake lol

I present to you all, the final evolution of Fuecoco. View attachment 463355
View attachment 463356
This post is pretty interesting in hindsight, naming "Meowscarada" and "Quaquaval" as well 12 hours ago.
1667930164909.png

Connected to the third legendary, implied to be more like.... Weird dream made reality stuff? Paradoxes in the sense they shouldn't exist, but do, regardless.
The third legendary is more related to the terastal faces. I don't think anything has been mentioned about its relation to paradoxes.

This post is pretty interesting in hindsight, naming "Meowscarada" and "Quaquaval" as well 12 hours ago.
View attachment 463357

The third legendary is more related to the terastal faces. I don't think anything has been mentioned about its relation to paradoxes.
I've definitely heard mention of its relation to the paradoxes because they come from using its power and you can see it together with Paradox Suicune & Virizion somewhere in the game (presumably a wall painting or something)
I saw some run down about it from I think Kaka a while ago.

I've definitely heard mention of its relation to the paradoxes because they come from using its power and you can see it together with Paradox Suicune & Virizion somewhere in the game (presumably a wall painting or something)
I saw some run down about it from I think Kaka a while ago.
Khu has said it "explains the face on the base of Terra ornaments" (in response to Kaka saying that it might be in DLC) and that "you would see 3 more brand new pokemon in game", also saying the model isn't there. I haven't heard of him saying anything more specific than that and Kaka has been gone since September so he couldn't have commented on the ingame stuff mentioned in October.

Speaking of which, recently Khu did mention that you have to find "3" when referring to today's book reveal as well.

EDIT:
You may be thinking of the poll where the 3rd legendary was an option among the professors, Arven, and the box legendaries, but the answer was never specified.

Ok, I snuck a peak at Fuecoco3 and dropped in to say GF really managed to drop the ball on 2 fire/ghost starters back to back. :(

I mean, maybe it's just the angle but the side fire makes it look like carrot top. I'll probably still pick it, but I hope it looks better in action. At least there's ceruledge.

I didn't realize anything else had already leaked, so I didn't mean to see clodsire, but it is very cute and I approve if real.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)