Status
Not open for further replies.
[03/29/15]

Winner: Wan Knot Hear
Second place: Trauer
Third place: kevinrocks
Consolation prize to: Cattail Prophet
Solution: growthrateofplants, BrianaCherenKyle, Hilda

1) Relic song is an interesting move. It puts opponents to sleep it changes meloetta's forme and it also accelerates this
2) Name the trainers who possess the highest level Cinccino (Gen 5. Name only. alphabetical order)
3) This character references a pokemon glitch and can appear as missingno.

Last edited:

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My Turn

GMT+0 8PM 30 March 2015, be there.

Winner: iap [BLITZ]
Second place: xfix
Third place: Cattail Prophet
Consolation prize to: Angels2002, Chauque

What is the name of the "tier" for Pokemons that is still untiered?
During the pre-release- (Mega) Blaziken was shown using this move but it did not get it in the main release
This is the only Smogon Badge no one has

Solution: limbo, icepunch, ircaop

Last edited:
03/31/15 GMT +0 [NO POINTS]

Winner:
Manaphy286
Second place: Aeolia
Third place: xfix
Consolation prize to: Dr. Wan
Solution: footprintribbon, johtoroute36, passorb

Questions...
1) This ribbon is only awarded to Pokemon that have 255 happiness
2) The first route in a main series Pokemon game to have five different exits each leading to a different area (Format: RegionRouteNumber)
3) This item can only be obtained as a prize in the main series Pokemon games and can be used to directly buy something else only purchasable with these items

Sorry to everyone who finished, there were 2 people who leaked so the only real question you had to solve was q3 :[

Last edited:
3/31/15 GMT +0

Winner: Aeolia
Second place: Dylas
Third place: kevinrocks
Consolation prize to:
Solution:
florges, crawdaunt, clefairy

Questions...
1) On bulbapedia's list of pokemon by EV yield what pokemon mistakenly has the exact same EV yield as its preevolution?
2) First find the only fully evolved pokemon that learns all of the elemental punches and gets STAB on one of them. Then find the trainer that owned this pokemon in its anime debut. Of the pokemon this trainer is known to possess; find the one with the highest defense. Find the moves that both this pokemon and the first pokemon learn by level up. Do a /ds for these moves. Of the pokemon in this /ds who have relatives that aren't in it; which is the only one to be in 2 egg groups?
3) Psywaves with a twist! The following clues correspond to the name of the pokemon when converted to pig latin: letter+nest+soil

q3 explanation: clefairy in pig latin is efairyclay. eff+aerie+clay=efairyclay

Now to explain why this is easier than normal psywaves: you know from the start that the first clue has to start with a vowel sound, and that the last clue has to end in a long a sound.

tl;dr you all are bad at pig latin.* Also thanks to iap for hosting and ditching after fifteen minutes!

*except for Aeolia

Last edited:
4/2/15 GMT +0

Winner: Dylas
Third place: Manaphy286
Consolation prize to: TheMightyRaven, Chupps, iap
Solution: cradily, froslass, fletchinder

Questions...
1) Which fully evolved pokemon has its recruitment rate boosted by both of the seven treasures that don't boost the recruitment rate of their guardians?
2) What pokemon obtained a poke diamond within a stage in the pokemon rumble world footage from the most recent nintendo direct?
3) From the beginning of the pokedex find the first pokemon whose name begins with a p. Then find the first pokemon after this pokemon whose name begins with an o. Continue until you spell out the word pokemon. Average the BSTs of all the pokemon you found (rounding if necessary). What pokemon's BST matches this average? (choose the first alphabetically if there are multiple)

FYI, for q3 the seven pokemon were pidgey, oddish, kadabra, electrode, marowak, omanyte, and noctowl.

Thanks to ashiemore for hosting!

Last edited:
[04/04/15]

Winner:
iap
Second place: kevinrocks
Third place: lovemathboy
Consolation prize to: Wan the Avatar
Solution: propk1, crystacavecrystalcave, doduo.

1) This fighting-type can have the highest effective attack stat during turn 1 of battle. Do not include the ability Pure Power or Mega-evolved pokemon.
2) Two locations in the pokemon world have the almost identical names and coexist in the same generation. They differ in that one is missing a letter. Name both in alphabetical order.
3) This pokemon can use Agility many places outside of battle.

I received numerous complaints about having prop k1 as an answer for q1 instead of an alternative name, "black belt". It's clear I made a judgment error when picking which would be the answer. Sorry.

Last edited:

GoodMorningEspeon

pondering mongoose
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Reserving official hunt for 6 PM GMT tomorrow (Saturday 4/4/15)

[04/04/15]

Winner: blackburn009
Second place: Dr. IAP
Third place: RebornPixels
Consolation prize to: Chupps, ILRB
Solution: escapist, orangemail, gg

1) This IQ skill in the PMD series is essential for exploration team
2) Many of the mail items from the Pokemon series resemble Pokemon (according to their in-game descriptions). Which mail item resembles the Pokemon with the lowest BST out of those printed on a mail item? [Include the word mail in your answer]
3) This Pokemon can only be obtained through the Johto guard glitch with Sentret

hosted by ashiemore

Last edited:

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
[04/05/15]

Winner: MukUsedDrillPeck
Second place: Manaphy286
Third place: Valiancy
Consolation prize to: Dylas, Saints Fan
Solution: kuo berry, lorelei, American Head Charge

1) This E-Reader berry has the shortest name (include the word berry)
2) The island that uses the same music as Azalea Town is also the hometown of this Elite 4 Member
3) This industrial metal band’s name contains a two word Pokemon move
hosted by ashiemore

HAPPY EASTER

Last edited:
[04/07/15]

Winner:
Wan the Blitzer
Third place: Cattail Prophet
Consolation prize to: Aeolia
Solution: vatonagestyler, safarizone, piplup.

1) The name of this item is a portmanteau of the names of its creators.
2) Where in the pokemon world do you find a set of dentures?
3) In Pokemon Ranger you find plusle/minun being pursued by a Houndoom. In Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia you can rescue this pokemon also being chased by a Houndoom.

Explanations:

1) The vatonage styler was developed by brothers Vatona and Nage (Portmanteau of which turns into Vatonage) (Ranger 2)
2) The item Gold Teeth is found in the Kanto safari zone. They are the warden's dentures. (RBY FRLG)
3) There is a citizen in Hia Valley who says a piplup is being chased by a houndoom and the player takes on this as a Quest. The piplup can become a partner pokemon once captured and the houndoom is released. (Ranger 2)

Last edited:
4/8/15 GMT +0

Winner: Ranger Wan
Second place: Chupps
Third place: Sky Chuppercut (kevinrocks)
Consolation prize to: iap, MukUsedDrillPeck
Solution: sigilyph, smog, ponyta

Questions...
1) What is the only pokemon that can hit dark types with psywave? (ignore smeargle)
2) On psywave's bulbapedia page there is an image of a nicknamed pokemon using the move. Add the dex numbers of the two pokemon in the image. What move has the resulting index number?
3) What pokemon appears in the most anime episodes in which a pokemon uses psywave? Ignore pokemon owned by main characters/team rocket and the pokemon that used psywave.

Thanks to ashiemore for hosting! And thanks to psywaves for all of your contributions to the scavengers room! You will be missed!

Last edited:
2015-04-08 19:00Z

Winner: Dr. Wan
Second Place: Chauque
Third Place: blackburn009
Consolation prize to: Chupps, nowear.
Solution: raticate, tobias, tm05 (there were more answers than that, but the mistake was noticed too late).

Questions...
1) What Pokémon's catch rate was changed in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire Versions?
2) What is a name of trainer who in the anime during 6v6 battle sweeped an entire team using a single Pokémon without revealing other Pokémon?
3) What move boosted evasion by two stages in the first generation?

Thanks go to ashiemore for hosting the hunt. Thanks also go to everyone who participated. Special thanks go to Snaquaza for being awesome moderator despite not hosting the hunt :-). Also, thanks go to Noguy5 for making an awesome enraging hunt before and after official (the same one, it was intentionally /resethunt by me).

Last edited:
4-9-2015 GMT +0

Winner: Cattail Prophet
Second Place: MukUsedDrillPeck
Third Place: GoodMorningWan
Consolation Prize to: GoodMorningEspeon, Aeolia
Solution: Pineco, Sunkern Leaf, Vibrava

Questions:
1) In the minigame Eager Eevee what can sometimes appear other than the fruit?
2) What is the only Fossil that is of a Pokémon that is not part Rock type?
3) I am a Pokémon. When I evolved my Attack stat went down. When I evolve my Attack stat goes back to the number it was before I evolved. I share my species name with two other Pokémon but my pre-evolution and my evolution do not have the same species name as me. Ground type moves don’t scare me. What Pokémon am I?

Thanks to ashiemore for hosting my first official!

[17:11:06] @iap: how do i dislike on smogon

Last edited:
04/11/2015

Winner: Cattail Prophet
Third place: lovemathboy
Consolation prize to: GoodNightEspeon, Aeolia.
Solution: wildcall, microaqualung, probopassmitongaroad.

Questions...
1) a enemy pokemon will use this technique if it picks up a rollcall orb in pmd1
2) this item is required to retrieve the bridge key in pokemon ranger 2
3) A Baa Dig Promo On Sports (anagram pokemon + location where it can be found)

Last edited:

ashiemore

stardust heart
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
04/10/2015 GMT-4

Winner: Wan the Avatar
Second place: GoodMorningEspeon
Third place: Cyllage
Consolation prize to: Aeolia, Cattail Prophet, Manaphy286, Noguy5, MukUsedDrillPeck
Solution: triplekick, mantine, seabreakpath

Questions...
1) This move has a 9% probability of hitting with only 10 base power.
2) This Gen 2 Water-type can learn Earthquake by TM in Gen 3 but not in Gen 2.
3) Of all the unique areas in the main series Pokémon games this one extends the furthest in a single direction.

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reserving official for in 55 minutes. (10 AM GMT)

Edit: If PS is up. Otherwise whenever PS is up .-.
Edit 2: Since PS still isn't up. Postposting it to noon GMT. If it isn't up then, it'll be cancelled.
Edit 3: The server is up, so it'll be noon GMT

12/04/15 1 AM The Netherlands

Winner:
xfix.
Second place: AnonymouzLSB.
Solution: celticpride, lugia, bloo.

Well Q3 was nearly impossible, did some indirect hinting, but would've been better if hunts could be longer as that was a really hard question. It wasn't really able to be find by googling, neither by browsing Smogon and you'd really have to think about who it could be and checking stuff.

Last edited:
13/4/15 GMT -7

Winner of Scavenger Hunt: SergioRules
Second place: Cattail Prophet
Third place: Aeolia
Consolation prize to: Dr. Wan, kevinrocks, Dylas
Solution: thedanceofecruteak, aspertiacity, huntail

(no blitz)

Questions...
1) What is the name of the soundtrack that plays just before the battle against Ho-Oh in HeartGold?
2) Which location in the main game series contains a pond and a lookout?
3) Scavenge + Trouble

Last edited:
4/14/15 GMT +0

Winner: kevinrocks
Third place: Painter Espeon
Consolation prize to: Orb of Confusion (Cyllage), iap
Solution: Mt Avalanche, Lickilicky, sachet

Questions...
1) In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time And Darkness, what dungeon is unlocked by a wonder mail code in which none of the subdivided strings of four characters contain only alphanumerics?
2) Of the pokemon that yield 3 EVs despite being neither legendary nor the last pokemon in a 3 step evolution chain, which is the only one whose preevolution yields 2 EVs?
3) Find the combined google dex numbers of the pokemon featured in the trailer for the google maps pokemon challenge. What item has the resulting index number in generation 6?

q3 explanation: The pokemon in the trailer were: charizard, pikachu, raichu, gyarados, mew, steelix, donphan, emboar, deerling, and greninja. Google dex numbers can be found here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Google_Maps:_Pokémon_Challenge

Thanks to Wan the Avatar for hosting and to all the other Wans for not stealing points!

e: After the hunt it was brought to my attention that there may have been alternative answers for question 1. I don't think this affected anyone, but in the interest of disclosure I'm letting you know.

Last edited:
[04/15/15]

Winner: AnonymouzLSB
Third place: Chupps
Consolation prize to: PK Aero, Iap
Solution: CresseliaDrapionTrapinch, Lock Capsule, Berry Forest

1) Name all non-bug types and non-water types to have an insectoid body in generation 5 (alphabetical order)
2) This key item was available in one main series game but only useful in the next main series game, it later became useless again in the next main series game
3) Name the first forest to only have one entrance

Q1: Cresselia had an insectoid body in gen 5, but not in gen 6.

Last edited:
4/17/15 GMT +0

Winner: Chupps
Third place: Painter Espeon
Consolation prize to: kevinrocks, iap
Solution: mega charizard x, pelipper, ponigiri

Questions...
1) Imagine a hypothetical combination of inverse and sky battles. In this scenario, what pokemon resists ground type moves under standard conditions?
2) In the same scenario, what is the only fully evolved pokemon who can deal neutral damage with ground type moves to mega charizard x unassisted?
3) This item comes in four progressively more powerful varieties. Combining the colors of the second and third most powerful varieties gives you the color of the most powerful variety. What is this item?

I think this is the most hints I've given in chat so far.

Thanks to ashiemore for hosting!

Last edited:

ashiemore

stardust heart
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
4/19/15 GMT +0

Winner: Wan the Avatar
Third place: GoodMorningEspeon
Consolation prize to: Valiancy, Queez, Chupps
Solution: polkadotbow, starmierecover, roselia

Questions...
1) What item in the main series Pokémon games made Normal-type moves 12.5% more powerful?
2) "Receive mortars" is an anagram of which Pokémon and a move it learns?
3) This Pokémon had both its baby and evolved forms introduced in a single different generation from itself.

Last edited:

GoodMorningEspeon

pondering mongoose
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
4/21/15 GMT +0

Winner: SergioRules
Third place: filthy capitalists (social netwerk)
Consolation prize to: Dylas, Chupps
Solution: yanma, 234, pangoro

Questions...
1) Of all of the Pokemon in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team who can permanently gain movement speed every 250 turns, which one is not fully evolved?
2) How many times does the number 9 appear in the Pokemon Red/Blue Pokedex entry of 4 h?
3) Which Pokemon must you defeat in Pokemon Rumble World to earn five Poke Diamonds from the challenge “First Errand”?

hosted by
some nerd ashiemore

Last edited:
4/23/15 GMT +0

Winner: Painter Espeon
Second place: Manaphy286
Third place: AnonymouzLSB
Consolation prize to: kevinrocks, Aeolia
Solution: sea7, probopass, lizardon

Questions...
1) What page of FRLG's habitat listing contains four unrelated pokemon species? (format as habitat page#)
2) Of the pokemon who can take 1/16x damage from an attack based on typing alone, which one cannot breed with the others?
3) What pokemon's Japanese name is the same as the (English) name of an enemy from a game starring Toad from the Mario series? (give the Japanese name)

q2 explanation: normalize flying press against rock/steel types

Thanks to ashiemore for hosting and for putting up with my falling asleep and my chronic hard hunt disorder! Maybe someday I'll get that treated, but not today!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)