[TMS] Nails vs stax [SPA]
[ISL] Mishimono vs Qwello Lee [DYN]
[BRE] Spurrific vs Z Strats [PLA]
[SHO] Frania
vs Paraplegic [GIB]
[TER] Actuarily vs Memoric [FOX]

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
[TMS] Nails vs stax [SPA] - Nails played well week 1 for someone who doesn't even play Doubles, even if I feel him winning that tough matchup was more from Fran misplaying it. If this was staxANDstax then I'd think twice, but against just stax I have to go for Nails.
[ISL] Mishimono vs Qwello Lee [DYN] - Mishi's team and play last week impressed me, I feel Qwello is the favourite but I like Mishi's chances to upset.
[BRE] Spurrific vs Z Strats [PLA] - Z Strats did well week 1, with Meteor Beam Celesteela proving itself an excellent teambuilder choice, I'm sure they'll find something similarly effective to give an edge going into this match too.
[SHO] Frania vs Paraplegic [GIB] - Both players had a poor week 1, but I have more confidence in Fran's ability to play under pressure, especially with Para's unconvincing build against stax.
[TER] Actuarily vs Memoric [FOX] - Memo had a rough week 1 but I fully expect him to bounce back, especially with his emoji powers on the line.

[TMS] Nails vs stax [SPA] -- Nails did everything right in his game, and with a little help from Frania, was able to pull out a win despite the dire matchup. stax is an all time great and similarly had help from his opponent Week 1, but I find it impossible to predict against Nails right now. I was also more of a fan of Nails play than stax's this week, but both definitely did well and had somewhat similar solid builds. This is my highlight match for sure!

[ISL] Mishimono vs Qwello Lee [DYN] -- Besides from risking Lando-I multiple times in the beginning of the game, Mishimono executed very well, although I don't think I'm as big as a fan of his team as most. I don't know how well the Islanders or Dynamos build (although I was a fan of Qwello Lee's Week 1 team a bit more), so I think if we see a somewhat even matchup, Qwello Lee should take it based on being the slightly stronger player. Also, if there's someone here I expect to gain a matchup advantage, it's him.

[BRE] Spurrific vs Z Strats [PLA] -- :psysly:

[SHO] Frania vs Paraplegic [GIB] -- Frania and Paraplegic's play Week 1 were probably the two I was least thrilled about. Z Strats went over it quite well, but Frania activating Weakness Policy Diancie and not utilizing Rillaboom to spread Toxic Spikes was not great, while Paraplegic kept Parting Shotting into the Landorus-T, never clicked Superpower into the Porygon2, and set Tailwind at the end against stax's Trick Room structure. There's also a chance Frania just went for the Toxapex - Chansey - Celesteela matchup fish and did minimal prepping / testing, since he didn't seem to be the best pivot and has no Doubles support. I am going to bold Frania; I think motivated Frania can take this, but that's also quite the risk, but I'm still going to bold him anyway.

[TER] Actuarily vs Memoric [FOX] -- Despite my brain telling me to pick against Memoric in these Official Team Tournaments, I am once again going to bold him. I think the idea behind Magmar was fine (theoretically puts a stop to Shift Gear Genesect / Dragon Dance Kyurem-B) but I think he got a little too cute, especially when Volcarona was right there. Both players had dire matchups Week 1, but I think Memoric's team overall was fine (especially if you remove Magmar for Incineroar or Volcarona and potentially swap Water-types) and just got shredded by Landorus-I, while on the other hand I never would have approved Urshifu-less Rain from Actuarily. One of them needs to step up this week, and I'm going to favor Memoric there.

I am a big fan of all these matchups. Top three are between the six strongest players in the pool, while the bottom two see four players who had a rough Week 1 and desperately need to bounce back and avoid the 0-2.

I will also be continuing to stream (most) non-Platoon SCL DOU games with Z Strats and friends on Twitch, while I have also started saving + uploading all VODs to Youtube. They're a lot of fun to do!

Beraldo

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
[SHO] Frania
vs Paraplegic [GIB]

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
[SHO] Frania vs Paraplegic [GIB]

[SHO] Frania
vs Paraplegic [GIB]

Paraplegic

relax...
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

[ISL] Mishimono
vs Qwello Lee [DYN]
[SHO] Frania
vs Paraplegic [GIB]

zoe

Tragic Decision
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
  • [TMS] Nails vs stax [SPA]
  • [ISL] Mishimono vs Qwello Lee [DYN]
  • [BRE] Spurrific vs Z Strats [PLA]
  • [SHO] Frania vs Paraplegic [GIB]
  • [TER] Actuarily vs Memoric [FOX]

Last edited:

Spurrific

is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Community Leader

[SHO] Frania
vs Paraplegic [GIB]

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
[TMS] Nails vs stax [SPA] - Both players brought trick room last week. Nails got a little lucky though, while stax dominated his matchup.
[ISL] Mishimono vs Qwello Lee [DYN] - Qwello is coming off of a debilitating loss, and although Mishi made a smidgen of questionable plays last week he has been bringing heat and winning games.
[BRE] Spurrific vs Z Strats [PLA] - Again both players brought P2 semiroom last week. Z Strats has certainly been in better form and his win last week was much more inspiring than Spurrific's win.
[SHO] Frania vs Paraplegic [GIB] - Frania let me down last week. I should've expected it from a Regieleki user. Para needs to step up his builds though.
[TER] Actuarily vs Memoric [FOX] - Sorry People's Champ but I'm going with the ladder hero on this one. He may have less experience, but he has shown he has what it takes to win and this is the week. Terrors will need to be a bit more meticulous in the builder though.

swinubfan44

formerly TeamCharm
[TER] Actuarily
vs Memoric [FOX]

Ron

You can see me everywhere
[TER] Actuarily
vs Memoric [FOX]

VERY late SCL power rankings:

1. Circuit Breakers (Spurrific and Toxigen)
Hot take but i'm predicting Spurrific till the very end and Toxigen seems like ok support

2. Power Plant Dynamos (Qwello Lee and Grandmas Cookin)
Qwello Lees name has a LOT of respect on it and I think this is a good opportunity to reclaim the glory they never got from dpl also Gmas Cooking is goated ass support awsome builder comes up with a lot of outside of the box ideas.

3. Orange Islanders (Mishiimono and fespy)
Mish. Mishy got 2nd at Spring ssnls which is quite impressive and fespy fepsy seems like amazing support and these are two great players that I really look up too and think they will do good.

4. Technical Machines (Nails and umbry)
Bad team name Nails is an rby main who has barley if ever played Ss and umbry is on some dumbass conquest to play Uu the only reason there this high is because Nails is broken and umbry is also a very good player however thats all they do dont seem like a good support imo and Nails cant do shit in the suport slot if umbry plays so this one will be interesting.

5. Arena Spartans (Stax and Lunar)
Stax gets this spot purely out of respect arguablely the best Sm player and one of the best of all time period however might need to brush off the loads of dust as they haven't play in ages can't really give my thoughts on Lunar because I have no clue who they are.

6. Indigo Platoon (Z Strats and emma)
The clown and the likewhore quite the pairing as long as Z Strats doesn't get drunk as shit emmas hard prep work should be about as high level as Z Strats ego I kid I kid but Z Strats has put up quite the impressive showing and emma is a very nice support who will definitely put in work on there own.

7. Mt. Silver Foxes (Memoric and YoBuddy)
Uh YoBuddy is YoBuddy so therefore should make a great support as having the support of your friends always helps however Memo will probably lose and then claim ping diff or win everything and take the whole thing home only time can tell for how well the Filipino and the Baker friend of all will do.

8. Uncharted Terrors (Actuarily and Zeefable)
Actually who and the letter Z from Cinderella eh should do good however a lack of experience can definitely hold them back also both players wanting to play instead of supporting kinda sucks however still amazing players none the less go Slyveon user Zeefable!

9. Showdown Shoguns (Frania)
It hurts to put Fran so low but no support really sucks however still a good player so might put up some what of a showing that and i'm biased as I drafted them in dml.

10. Studio Gible (Paraplegic and MajorBowman)
Para is allegedly good but ive never seen them play or Bowman for that matter.

Also here are my perdicts:

[TMS] Nails vs stax [SPA] - Nails is just to goated.
[ISL] Mishimono vs Qwello Lee [DYN] Mish.
[BRE] Spurrific vs Z Strats [PLA] GOOOOOOO! Spurrific my personal champ takes win easy.
[SHO] Frania vs Paraplegic [GIB] The one game para might win huh.
[TER] Actuarily vs Memoric [FOX] Better player however having to prep for TPP might slow them down

Mack Knife

Future 50th President
[TMS] Nails vs stax [SPA]: There is a reason we say stax of nail and not nails of stax.
[ISL] Mishimono vs Qwello Lee [DYN]: Idk qwello so I could be 100% wrong here but I have never seen them mish.
[BRE] Spurrific vs Z Strats [PLA]: When all strats from A to Y fail, Z strats is your final option. Spurrific is on like strat letter 3 or something.
[SHO] Frania vs Paraplegic [GIB]: I am like 90% sure Frania will bounce back here.
[TER] Actuarily vs Memoric [FOX]: The people's champ vs that guy I see a lot on ladder. Obviously got to side with the people here.

Smudge

NatDex Doubles TL
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)