[TMS] Nails vs zeefable [TER]
[FOX] Memoric vs Frania [SHO]
[GIB] Paraplegic vs Spurrific [BRE]
[PLA] Z Strats vs Mishimono [ISL]
[DYN] Qwello Lee
vs stax [SPA]

Z Strats

Banned deucer.
Nails vs zeefable - The sub is a little surprising but I understand it, actuarily is 0-2 and though they did get hax'd pretty badly last game they still should've won if they just played their p2 better. On the flip side I rate zee basically the same as actuarily and I know she is very motivated and will try as hard as she can to seize her opportunity. Unfortunately for zee she is playing the number 1 ranked on the pr player Nails who is 2-0. Nails has definitely been the better player in his 2 wins but I definitely don't think he's shown himself to be invincible and was kinda gifted the two wins a bit so if there was a time for an upset now would be a good one. That said though it is new player against a Nails so I gotta bold Nails here.

Memoric vs Frania - Memo is not doing as well he probably wishes he was, his week 1 game was pretty bad and while he bounced back and won week 2 it was not a clean win. I do think he played mostly fine it was more just hard for him and his team to pressure stuff like p2 which is rare to see Memo who most probably would've considered one of the best builders going into the tour having difficulty with getting the advantage in the builder. His opponent though is Frania who has struggled both weeks and with his track record of SS and his lack of support I don't see him being able to just bounce back as easily.

Paraplegic vs Spurrific - Para bounced back from his week 1 loss with a dominant win over Frania where he got a great matchup and played how he needed to basically winning off lead. Spurrific after his dominant week 1 ended up losing week 2 but it was not as bad as a loss as Para's where I think his team and play for the most part (ignore the attempt at getting Zygarde in on a hard read) was solid. I think Spurrific has looked a bit better this tour so far and I rate higher anyway.

Z Strats vs Mishimono - Z Strats went a very impressive 5-1 in DWCOP and carried Team Canada while Mishi went 3-3 deciding to miss meteor beam in tiebreaks and not carry Team Canada, easy win for Z Strats the better Canadian.

Qwello Lee vs stax - Fuck it I'll bold stax here. I'm a huge Qwelloat fan but I'm also a stax simp. Qwello had a much more impressive game than stax last week but I just have this gut feeling that stax matches up really well against Qwello and am bolding stax.

[PLA] Z Strats
vs Mishimono [ISL]
[DYN] Qwello Lee vs stax [SPA]

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
[PLA] Z Strats
vs Mishimono [ISL]

[PLA] Z Strats
vs Mishimono [ISL]

[DYN] Qwello Lee
vs stax [SPA]

[PLA] Z Strats
vs Mishimono [ISL]

[PLA] Z Strats
vs Mishimono [ISL]

Heroic Troller

Through the Sea of Time
is a Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
World Defender
[GIB] Paraplegic
vs Spurrific [BRE]

Luirromen

:]
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
[GIB] Paraplegic
vs Spurrific [BRE]

Hubriz

The Haruspex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
[GIB] Paraplegic
vs Spurrific [BRE]

LNumbers

When it's all been said and done, I'm still my #1
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
[PLA] Z Strats
vs Mishimono [ISL]

daunt vs

Of Course You Won't
is a Tiering Contributor
[PLA] Z Strats
vs Mishimono [ISL]

[TMS] Nails vs zeefable [TER] -- Rough debut matchup for our protagonist; only thing worse would have been facing the certified zeefable slayer. I don't think Actuarily's been too bad this season -- Week 1 the team seemed to mostly throw in the builder by running Urshifu-R less Rain while Week 2 they got a bit unlucky, even though they will should have been able to come out on top if they managed their Porygon2 better -- but it looks like it's zeefable's time to shine nonetheless. They are probably around the same caliber of player, I'll give the edge to zee since I love women, but I definitely know she is going to put multiple hours into prepping this week to try to gain an advantage (not to say Actuarily wouldn't! I just don't know his prep process, while I know zeefable is a mega tryhard). Unfortunately, debuting against Nails is quite rough. While he was my easy #1 in PR, is 2-0, and has been the better player in both matches, he has been gifted a lot by his opponents so maybe zeefable can pull an upset if she doesn't forget Kyurem-B outspeeds Zygarde, All-in-all, it's Nails and I'm not predicting against Nails anytime soon.

[FOX] Memoric vs Frania [SHO] -- Memoric won, but brought a team that couldn't pressure Porygon2 and got lucky through both RNG and his opponent misplaying their win condition. We all know Memoric is an ace builder, so I really hope we can see a much better team this week. Poor Frania has had two subpar weeks, in the latter of which we saw him bring a team from Doubles World Cup of Pokemon (?) and get 6-0d on team preview. I'll need to Frania come out motivated and play better before predicting him again.

[GIB] Paraplegic vs Spurrific [BRE] -- Paraplegic definitely brought a Doubles World Cup of Pokemon team, but I actually did like the base structure (although I probably would have changed some of the Pokemon to account for a different metagame) and he played exactly how he needed to to pick the win after getting an amazing matchup with Dragon Dance Dragapult. We'll see if he can get away with it this week against a more creative building duo in the Breakers. I enjoyed Spurrific's team and play for the most part (besides switching a Zygarde into Ice Punch) and there should be no shame in losing to the best Doubles player on the planet at the moment. I have been more of a fan of Spurrific's teams and play these two weeks so I'm going to bold him.

[PLA] Z Strats vs Mishimono [ISL] -- :psysly:

[DYN] Qwello Lee vs stax [SPA] -- stax didn't know Zygarde ran Superpower or that it was slower than Kyurem-B. While he was able to get away with it against Paraplegic, he couldn't against Nails and I think we'll see a similar fate with Qwello Lee. This is probably my highlight match overall. stax has had two weeks to learn the metagame and hopefully shouldn't make any more silly mistakes while Qwello Lee seems to be rounding into form as well. Both players don't want to drop to 1-2 too. Qwello Lee's Genesect dodging Blaze Kick bailed him out of actually having to play the game, but even if it hit I think he's still in a good position overall. Trick Room was messing him up a bit, and I think if Mishimono played the last turn of Trick Room better it would have been a much closer game, but he didn't and Qwello Lee did what he had to to win. Overall, I'm going to lean with the Italian; I think I've been more impressed with him overall and there's always the chance stax beats himself.

[PLA] Z Strats
vs Mishimono [ISL]

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
[DYN] Qwello Lee
vs stax [SPA]

Smudge

NatDex Doubles TL
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
[DYN] Qwello Lee
vs stax [SPA]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)