Tournament SCL I RU Prediction Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

odr

kickin incredibly dope shit
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Confide vs TheFranklin - I think this is gonna be an interesting matchup, but i'm going for the underdog here. Franklin is definitely more familiar with the metagame, as he's been playing ru tours all year round and has been showing good results. I dont think Confide will be able to match his metagame knowledge, but he will be equipped with a team from Feli and Ajna, which i believe will give him a decent edge. As long as he can pilot the team well i think he should be able to land himself a victory here.

lax vs Punny - Big highlight here between two experienced players. We all know lax is a great player and it wouldnt surprise me one bit to see him take this but Punny's ru dominance is just impossible to ignore. I don't think lax has really been playing ru leading up to the start of this tournament, so I'm interested to see what he comes up with in his short time to prepare for facing off against the undisputed top player in the pool.

atomicllamas vs odr - I guess ill just predict for myself, dont wanna skip it and miss out on points ya know

Nat vs Charmflash - Nat has been on an absolute tear this year. Although the majority of her recent success has been in ou, I have no reason to believe she won't continue her reign in the tier she has called home for many years now. I know she's up to date on the metagame, qualifying for rult playoffs recently and playing many tests on the side. As far as i know, I dont think Charmflash has really been playing the tier much, if at all as of late. It has changed a lot since zarude moved up to uu, and im not sure if Charm is quite up to speed yet on the metagame. I don't think he can match the metagame knowledge nat has, nor the drive she has to win.

CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw - I really don't know much at all about either of these players. As far as i know. neither of them have even touched ru in gen 8, so theyre both going to be starting from square 1. I'm bolding CBB because im a bit more familiar with him as a player and I know he can pull the triggers he needs to decide a game. I'm definitely interested in seeing what kind of teams these guys bring, as I'll be playing against each of them in weeks 2 and 3.

Confide vs TheFranklin -> Close one, have a feeling about Benji to take this
lax vs Punny -> Hard to predict againts Lopunny kicks but I wanted to make the diference about other predicts to win the price and Lax know how to win games vs strong players.
atomicllamas vs odr -> I always liked to see odr run in ru slam although atomicllamas is someone who always shows good and close games, can go either way.
Nat vs Charmflash -> Charmflash was one of the funniest guy on Mambas and its far to be a easy opp but nat always has to scary face with and in fact he has been doing v well recently
CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw -> Cbb is a good player, better chat presencie, easy to work with so Im not see why not bold him.

[TMS] Confide vs TheFranklin [SHO] -- 6-1 RUPL / 5-0 RU WCoP seems pretty good!
[TER] lax vs Punny [BRE] -- Punny seems absolutely untouchable as late, especially in RU, so seems silly not to bold him Week 1
[FOX] atomicllamas vs odr [ISL] -- odr(at)
[GIB] Nat vs Charmflash [SPA] -- Girl power
[PLA] CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw [DYN] -- Everytime I open the RU chat CBB is reinventing the metagame

Confide vs TheFranklin - I hope that Arce can do well in this tour, he surely has the means. Confide may not have the same experience in RU but can use some building support from veterans like Feliburn and Ajna. Can go either way, and Franklin can take this if he plays better, but Confide will probably have the favorable matchup
lax vs Punny - Punny is on top of his game in RU rn and is kinda hard not to bold him, he has a very consistent playstyle and some cool and innovative techs in his builder. Im not very familiar with lax RU game, but I'm sure is one of the few players on this list that can upset the expected outcome since he can adept easily to any tier
atomicllamas vs odr - I completely missed odr's era and I can't really have an objective opinion about him, on the other hand llamas and evi are a very unpredictable duo in the builder and can be a difficult opponent for anyone in this pool. Probably the closest match of this week
Nat vs Charmflash - I think Nat is one of the top seed in this pool, she has some cool and unpredictable ideas in the builder and can show some solid playing if motivated to do well. CF despite not being a mainer had some cool showing in the recent open and surely has enough experience to not be overlooked, although I still think nat should have the edge.
CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw - from what I can recall they are both not super familiar with RU, but since Lunala can build v solid teams I'm giving DC the edge

drakey

um dia a gente vai namorar e eu vou te trair muito
Confide vs TheFranklin
lax vs Punny
atomicllamas vs odr
Nat vs Charmflash
CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Confide vs TheFranklin
lax vs Punny
atomicllamas vs odr
Nat
vs Charmflash - teammate

Gray

stop ballcapping
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Confide vs TheFranklin
lax vs Punny
atomicllamas vs odr
Nat
vs Charmflash

Confide vs TheFranklin
lax vs Punny
atomicllamas vs odr
Nat
vs Charmflash -

LpZ

capy
is a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
Confide vs TheFranklin
lax vs Punny
atomicllamas vs odr
Nat
vs Charmflash

suapah

stfu anime pfp
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Confide vs TheFranklin
lax vs Punny - poorny might 6-0 lax and make me look stupid but gut feeling that this will be 1 of poorny's losses for the season
atomicllamas vs odr
Nat vs Charmflash - heatflash
CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw - love watching cbb play and i think he'll come out swinging vs a motivated dclaw. my personal highlight for RU

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Confide vs TheFranklin
lax vs Punny
atomicllamas vs odr
Nat
vs Charmflash

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Confide vs TheFranklin
lax vs Punny
atomicllamas vs odr
Nat
vs Charmflash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)