XY OU Scrapboard - An Offense team for beginners

Hi! This is my second OU RMT. I felt like sharing this team after making it and successfully using it to ladder to 1600 today. First, a little backstory about the team: Bulbagarden assigned me to mentor Fairy Type Arceus (known on showdown as pokehokage) as part of their program to expand their competitive community. He said he wanted to build an offense team with Sylveon and Greninja, and we came up with this team. It's incredibly easy to use for both beginners and experienced players alike, and here it is, Scrapboard!

Teambuilding Process:

Fairy Type Arceus wanted to build an offensive team with these two on it. I felt like Specs Sylveon was the way to go here, and Greninja is the frog we all know it as(I still think it's overrated, though).

Medicham was a potent threat to Stall at the time(and still is), and we decided to put it in. Thundurus was immediately added to provide paralysis support for Medicham and in general provides good synergy.

Garchomp is a great Stealth Rock setter, and I can often make the opponent think it's scarfed when I lead with Medicham, or make them guess who I lead with. I decided to use Lure Garchomp because Ferrothorn is a massive prick(pun not intended) and Skarmory can be annoying if it manages to get hazards up. Plus removing a poke easily is fun.

Latias is a great bulky defogger on offense. She can use Healing Wish to give my win condition a second life(which is what I do most of the time), and hits hard with Life Orb-backed Draco Meteor.

Now for the team itself:

Wrapping Paper (Sylveon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Specs Sylveon is a really underestimated wallbreaker. Her Hyper Voice hits harder than Gardevoir's, and doesn't use up a Mega slot. Now, sadly she's incredibly slow and can't switch moves. Psyshock is to damage the blobs on the switch-in. Hidden Power Ground is to surprise Heatran and Magnezone switch-ins for an OHKO.

muh hype (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-turn

Greninja is a fast, frail pivot. His u-turns actually can do stuff despite mainly being a special attacker. I personally would use something like Keldeo in this slot, but Fairy Type Arceus wanted Greninja on this team. I sadly haven't used him much.

Yoga is a scam (Medicham) @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy -> Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Medicham is an absolute terror to stall with the equivalent of a base 249 Attack stat and 130 BP STAB move. Telepathy, albeit situational, is for when a Ditto comes in before I mega evolve it, so I can prevent my own Medicham from counter-sweeping me. The rest of the set is completely self-explanatory and requires no explanation.

Ride the T Wave (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Hasty Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower

Thundurus is a great way to stop a sweep in a pinch. With Prankster Thunder Wave and STAB Thunderbolt off of base 125 Special Attack(And base 111 speed), Thundurus is a great way to break the opposing team down for Medicham or Sylveon to wallbreak. Superpower is a good way to dent the blobs and prevents me from being reliant on Focus Miss to kill T-Tar.

Here be dragons (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Garchomp is a great lure for bulky steels and Landorus-T, who are completely not expected to be OHKOed by Fire Blast or heavily dented by Draco Meteor. This is my favorite rock setter. This set is a way to get ChainChomp in to the gen 6 metagame, and it feels like a success. While fully investing in a base 80 SpAtk when you have a base 120 Atk may seem stupid, with full investment it OHKOes Ferrothorn without hazards(a likely scenario) and OHKOes Skarm if Sturdy is broken.

I have earthquake (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Latias is a great defogger on offense for the support and bulk she provides. Healing Wish gives one of my wallbreakers a second attempt to bust a hole in their team after it's taken enough damage. She stops Keldeo and other pokes in their tracks. Overall, her support is worth it over the power her twin provides.

Importable:
Yoga is a scam (Medicham) @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

muh hype (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-turn

Wrapping Paper (Sylveon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Ride the T Wave (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Hasty Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower

I have earthquake (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Here be dragons (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Minor nitpick, a spread of 112 HP / 144 SAtk / 252 Spe would allow Latias to handle Landorus-I much easier, especially since it threatens your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)