Project Secret Santa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rekeri

バイブ
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SilverSteed your bear + blob is here! I went in a few different directions before I settled on this build. SD Bewear makes Reuniclus's job a lot easier later on in the game so that's a nice core to start with. I decided to step outside my comfort zone as far as building goes and go a more balance approach to it and add Copperajah for rocks and it lures in some mons that I figured would annoy these two, more so Doublade for Reuniclus since I'm not running Shadow Ball on this set. I opted for mixed copper, power whip hits bulky waters so they can't come in on it for free. Max SpA and the 56 Atk EVs get the OHKO on max HP max SpD Milotic from full and the speed is to creep Doublade to Earth Power before they CC. Spikes help these two out so added Golisopod, it's also just a solid ground resist and one of the few things that doesn't mind too much switching into something like a Mamoswine (barring freeze dry :x) and the speed is to just outrun Hippowdon and then the rest I put into bulk and Atk. Wish passing was something I'd like for both Bewear and the team in general and I was afraid of something like a Chandelure so I opted for Umbreon. Taunt is nice for opposing mons like Reuni so they can't recover or set up on you, wasn't sure too much on what to speed creep here so I settled on stand Galar Weezing to taunt the T-spikes or whatever it wants to do really and lastly I settled on Noivern for Defog as well as some speed in general since the team was looking pretty slow. The team is by no means perfect of course, there are some threats that it might struggle to deal with and I'm not the best teambuilder but I hope you enjoy it :psyglad:

bewear.png
reuniclus.gif
Copper.png
wimpod evo.png
umbreon.gif
noivern.gif
Bewear @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Darkest Lariat

Copperajah @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 156 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Rash Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Power Whip

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Golisopod @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Leech Life
- Liquidation
- Spikes

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Wish
- Foul Play
- Taunt

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane

For DraconicLepus, here is your team with Choice Band Copperajah!

While it might be obvious to more experienced builders at a glance, the elephant does not fit on hyper offense. ^^;; So after spending a day trying to make that work, I moved on to something far more successful - bulky offense, which is my preferred playstyle in the current meta.

Copperajah is very good at poking holes when given a free switch, but can't actually take many hits, given shoddy special defenses and a weakness to Fighting/Ground types, which are *everywhere* in the tier right now. Nothing takes in the tier takes hits from banded Copper well - steel / grass is fantastic coverage. I almost never ended up clicking the other moves while testing the team.

With that said, it's also frailer than I was expecting. With fighting / ground mons littering the tier, the elephant goes down in one hit more frequently than I'd like. Thus bulky Noivern and Hippowdon, defogger and rocker extraordinaire. The number of teams that Hippo can just sit on is astounding. Speaking of which, Drapion. Toxic spikes is bonkers right now. Set tspikes, get hippo in play, and whirlwind their whole team into the spikes.

Drapion / Noivern / Hippo make up the defensive core, switching into attacks that Copperajah doesn't want to eat. I then added Reuniclus as the opposite side of Copperajah - extremely dangerous when given time to set up, it lacks immediate power. Reuniclus will usually either sit in the back to sweep late game, or come in early in order to eat a Trick on behalf of a grateful Hippo. Scarf Rotom-Mow rounds out the offensive half of the team, with speed control and a ground immunity.

Gameplan: Get toxic spikes up. Keep them up with your two fast taunt mons. Volt Switch into Copperajah whenever you get the chance - if you can get it in safely, it'll usually claim a KO. Don't worry about keeping up stealth rocks - hippo's there to sit on physical attackers and click whirlwind on Drapion's behalf, not set hazards. Keep Reuniclus in the back, forcing them to play cautiously with Umbreon and other dark types which wall it.

Weaknesses:
  • Mamoswine. Mamoswine is rough. Don't be afraid to lead Rotom and click Leaf Storm - your defensive /hazard core is tough enough to eat the momentum loss if they switch out.
  • Sirfetch'd. Nothing on the team (in the tier?) can switch into it safely, and the team as a whole is fairly slow. Try to wear it down with whirlwind + sand + toxic spikes. You'll sometimes have to lose Drapion knocking off a choice band. Noivern can switch in once.
Strengths:
  • Drapion is the only thing on the team that cares about sticky webs. The hyper offense matchup in general is really solid.
  • You will probably win the hazard war.
  • Copperajah will either die gloriously OHKOed by something you can't switch into, or it will KO two+ mons. There is no middle ground. It's kind of fun.
Hope you enjoy!

For DraconicLepus, here is your team with Choice Band Copperajah!

While it might be obvious to more experienced builders at a glance, the elephant does not fit on hyper offense. ^^;; So after spending a day trying to make that work, I moved on to something far more successful - bulky offense, which is my preferred playstyle in the current meta.

Copperajah is very good at poking holes when given a free switch, but can't actually take many hits, given shoddy special defenses and a weakness to Fighting/Ground types, which are *everywhere* in the tier right now. Nothing takes in the tier takes hits from banded Copper well - steel / grass is fantastic coverage. I almost never ended up clicking the other moves while testing the team.

With that said, it's also frailer than I was expecting. With fighting / ground mons littering the tier, the elephant goes down in one hit more frequently than I'd like. Thus bulky Noivern and Hippowdon, defogger and rocker extraordinaire. The number of teams that Hippo can just sit on is astounding. Speaking of which, Drapion. Toxic spikes is bonkers right now. Set tspikes, get hippo in play, and whirlwind their whole team into the spikes.

Drapion / Noivern / Hippo make up the defensive core, switching into attacks that Copperajah doesn't want to eat. I then added Reuniclus as the opposite side of Copperajah - extremely dangerous when given time to set up, it lacks immediate power. Reuniclus will usually either sit in the back to sweep late game, or come in early in order to eat a Trick on behalf of a grateful Hippo. Scarf Rotom-Mow rounds out the offensive half of the team, with speed control and a ground immunity.

Gameplan: Get toxic spikes up. Keep them up with your two fast taunt mons. Volt Switch into Copperajah whenever you get the chance - if you can get it in safely, it'll usually claim a KO. Don't worry about keeping up stealth rocks - hippo's there to sit on physical attackers and click whirlwind on Drapion's behalf, not set hazards. Keep Reuniclus in the back, forcing them to play cautiously with Umbreon and other dark types which wall it.

Weaknesses:
  • Mamoswine. Mamoswine is rough. Don't be afraid to lead Rotom and click Leaf Storm - your defensive /hazard core is tough enough to eat the momentum loss if they switch out.
  • Sirfetch'd. Nothing on the team (in the tier?) can switch into it safely, and the team as a whole is fairly slow. Try to wear it down with whirlwind + sand + toxic spikes. You'll sometimes have to lose Drapion knocking off a choice band. Noivern can switch in once.
Strengths:
  • Drapion is the only thing on the team that cares about sticky webs. The hyper offense matchup in general is really solid.
  • You will probably win the hazard war.
  • Copperajah will either die gloriously OHKOed by something you can't switch into, or it will KO two+ mons. There is no middle ground. It's kind of fun.
Hope you enjoy!
This is like, everything I could've hoped for. This is awesome and the nicknames for most of them are 10/10. This is an awesome team dude. Thanks a lot!

:swsh/golisopod: :swsh/morpeko: :swsh/duraludon: :swsh/gigalith: :swsh/claydol: :swsh/passimian:
Click here for the import!

Alright Taptricity BAYB I'll be honest, Morpeko's pretty horrible. Gengar is gone and you don't even spin on Doublade that reliably since Sacred Sword/Close Combat OHKOs you. Hunger Switch is also super unreliable and forces you to run Protect if you want to take advantage of Aura Wheel and Parting Shot which are like the only reasons to run it on this team. Nonetheless, I tried to make it work, even though I wanted to bench it for Heliolisk the entire time building this.

I'm not the biggest Duraludon fan, and I think its pretty mediocre at best, but it takes advantage of Morpeko and Golisopod's pivoting to get in free switches, plus racking up Spikes damage. Also, all the other attempts at making this team without Duraludon have been 6-0d by Cramorant so...not a good look. Gigalith provides a Rocker and makes sure that the team doesn't autolose to things like Ninetales, Chandelure, and most importantly, Noivern. Protect may seem like a weird choice but extra Leftovers recovery is worth it so that you aren't overwhelmed as easily. Claydol, our real spinner, provides good role compression. Namely a floating mon, another pivot, and a Ground-type (still used to Manectric I suppose). Unlike Morpeko you have a good matchup vs most hazard setters like Rhyperior, Hippowdon, and Copperajah. Passimian is our choice of speed control, which thankfully still has access to busted Knock Off, and is our last pivot choice.

I hope you enjoy the team, even though honestly Morpeko is garbage and this team would do better with a Heliolisk in its place and some other changes. Thankfully...I already made that version.

:swsh/golisopod: :swsh/heliolisk: :swsh/noivern: :swsh/gigalith: :swsh/doublade: :swsh/weavile:
Click here for the import!

This version trades Morpeko for Heliolisk, Duraludon for Noivern, Claydol for Doublade, and Passimian for Weavile. With triple priority + two speedy mons, a Scarfer isn't necessary. This version also has an overrall better matchup against Fire-types, Ground-types, and Dragon-types. Most notably, most set-up mons don't match up well against First Impression + Ice Shard + Shadow Sneak. You also have good enough pivots remaining with Golisopod's Emergency Exit + Volt Switch Heliolisk. I honestly think this version is better but if you still want to use the Morpeko version then that's fine, albeit inferior.

Last edited:
For Undoubted I have a team built around Milotic + Appletun! This was an interesting build for me, I tend to start building teams around an offensive threat or win-con, so being given two defensive mons had me thinking about what the best way to use them would be. In the end, I settled on this.

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png
Click the sprites for the import!

I went for a basic phys def set on Milotic, this set has done me well in the past and I feel it compliments Appletun well, being able to take on threats like Mamoswine and Noivern. Nothing too innovative, but it works as a nice bulky water, and that's what matters. I decided to go for a specially defensive set on Appletun, I had no idea how to approach Appletun initially but I felt that this would be the best set to compliment Milotic, allowing Appletun to check mons like Heliolisk and the Rotoms easier. To round out the defensive core, I opted for Arcanine. Arcanine acts as a great check to mons that would threaten this core, Copperajah comes to mind as it often runs Power Whip to nail Milotic, and Appletun can't deal any meaningful damage to it.

Doublade was my next addition. Swords Dance allows it to function as a wallbreaker or cleaner depending on what the team needs, it's also our main offensive check to the psychics to make sure we don't get run over by Reuniclus and Sigilyph. Noivern has great role compression on this team, I wanted an additional ground and fighting resist since ground and fighting attacks are everywhere in the tier right now, and it acts as the teams defogger and main speed control. Finally, I went for Mamoswine in the last slot. Banded Mamo has been a favourite of mine, it acts as a solid wallbreaker for mons like Umbreon that Doublade doesn't always want to take on, and it acts as the the teams rocker.

Araquanid is one of the big threats to this team. Keep Noivern healthy if you see Araquanid on the other team, and keep your fingers crossed that you hit those Hurricanes. Mamoswine is another massive threat, it hits everything hard except Milotic. You can try to predict if it will go for Earthquake or Icicle Crash and switch into Noivern or Arcanine/Doublade respectively, but it can still threaten them on the next turn so be wary.

I'm not the greatest builder, but I still hope you enjoy the team!

Notily

dirt rich
Shockwayves said:
I'd like to request a team with either a) Gigalith or plan b) Snorlax if giga isn't viable enough. Thank you!
:snorlax: :weezing-galar: :vaporeon: :noivern: :duraludon: :gardevoir: (click me)

i haven't used lax much this gen, but i know from previous gens that enemy #1 on lax teams are fighting types. being a bulky wincon, lax also really likes tspike support. tspikes g-weezing was the perfect fit, so i started with that core. i think offensive tspikers get them up more consistently than defensive ones so i opted for an offensive g-weezing set.

lax got impacted by the removal of pursuit quite heavily. it being gone means lax can't rely on teammates to remove ghosts + ghosts are better because they can't be reliably trapped anymore. it got darkest lariat this gen, but running it on a mono attacking curse set means it has to accumulate boosts before it actually becomes threatening. the ou psuedo-analysis suggests running lariat + body slam and forgoing sleep talk, but i think uu is a much more offensive meta and you dont really want to be giving up 2 free turns to some strong ass threat whenever lax needs to heal. so, i decided to run curse + protect over a conventional rest set.

i had an idea of what i thought the team would look like from this point on (lax / g-weezing / bulky water / hazard control / rocker / speed control) so im just gonna talk about why i picked the next 4 mons out of our viable (imo) options

i just slapped on a bulky water next because i think that they're mandatory on anything remotely fat. having no recovery on lax and running a less bulky g-weezing meant that wish support would be very much appreciated, so i went with vaporeon.

having a poison that isn't able to abosrb tspikes meant that having hazard control was necessary. noivern was the best fit for this team (shocked pikachu face) as it gives the team another way of pressuring fighting types without being slow as shit. i opted for flamethrower over draco as lax beats rhyp and gigalith 1v1 so you dont need chip on them.

lax's special bulk allows it to take on noivern, so having a sturdy flying resist wasn't as much of a priority. on top of that i wanted to go with an offensive rocker rather than a passive one as i just think they perform their role better atm, and having hazards up is super important for winning games with lax. duraludon was pretty much exactly what i was looking for. with a tspike up it can pressure the haze waters lax dislikes, and most of its other reliable switchins are steels, which lax likes to be chipped. the tiers options for hazard control dont switch in on it, so it should be able to consistently keep rocks up

as for speed control, i wanted to make sure the team had plenty of ways to pressure fighting types. scarf gardevoir jumped out as being a good fit to me. like duraludon, its able to get chip on steels over the course of a game. on top of that, it could potentially trick haze waters so lax could win vs them 1v1. i opted for healing wish in the last slot as i felt mystical fire wasn't necessary to revenge anything. having the option to bring lax back to full / heal status on it seemed more valuable to me.

other options:
  • aromatherapy on g-weezing over an attack, probably sludge bomb. means you dont have to worry about lax getting status'd as much. if you do this mystical fire might be a better option on gardevoir
  • resist berry on duraludon, shuca or chople. gives you a better mu vs diggersby / haxorus or lets you lure faster fightings, respectively
  • different curse set on lax. running rest is probably still viable, it just makes the team either more passive or matchup reliant. if you're more comfortable with that then go for it
    • if you opt for a rest set, you can try running taunt jellicent > vapo to keep tspikes up better and make up for the passivity a bit
  • re: spreads - i just took the lax spread from the SM analysis. it still avoids the being 2hko'd by boosted polteageist stored power from full so i though it would work fine. g-weezing spread i took from this post, idk what it does lol. i made vapo full physdef for mamo and weavile but if there's a more refined spread go ahead
Shockwayves hope you like it
btw gigalith is plenty viable lax just seemed more fun to me :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Hey Moutemoute so you requested a team built around SD Groundvally. I've built a few teams around SD Dragonvally a bit lately, so this was definitely an interesting request that I was excited to try.

:silvally-ground: :noivern: :rotom-frost: :gigalith: :weezing-galar: :umbreon:

The first thing I wanted to do when building this was to try and get a good offensive pivot to pair with it, that could form a momentum core, and get it in on stuff it'd like to set up on. U-turn Noivern seemed like a great fit here, being able to bring Silvally in Pokemon such as Gigalith, Rhyperior, AV Copperajah, Doublade on predicted Draco, etc, while giving you some solid speed.

The next pick was a bit more unconventional too, but NP Boots Rotom-Frost was able to greatly appreciate switches into Pokemon like Mantine, Milotic, Vaporeon and Hippowdon from the first two Pokemon, and help to put a lot of pressure on them, while also providing momentum itself. Thanks to its incredible boltbeam coverage, it can be quite a scary breaker, with no real switch ins, helping to soften up the enemy teams for Noivern and Silvally to clean up later, and this pokemon has definitely benefited from gengar and obstagoon going. Discharge over Thunderbolt was a cool tech here to help spread paralysis around to help benefit Rotom and Groundvally later in the match.

At this point, I wanted to add a rocker onto the team. Currently, Scarf Chandelure could be quite irritating for our Frostom + Groundvally pair, which deal with other Chandelure variants fine. Gigalith fit nicely here, providing a great answer to Chandelure and Noivern, while also being able to pressure Weezing for Groundvally with Heavy Slam, which 2HKOs after SR with the attack investment.

Weezing-Galar offered a Defogger and a check to Pokemon like Mamoswine/Sirfetch'd. Defogging isnt really a huge deal on this team due to the double boots, so this has the luxury of only needing to fog when actually necessary. Umbreon in last gave the team a reliable answer to Acid Armor Reuniclus through Taunt, an actual switch in to Inteleon, and the wish support it offers can help keep Gigalith/Frostom up. The speed on umbreon allows it to outpace Milotic for a fast Taunt, which can be helpful to prevent it abusing umbreon for recovery, but you can always cut the speed if you like.

:swsh/silvally-ground: :swsh/noivern: :swsh/rotom-frost: :swsh/gigalith: :swsh/weezing-galar: :swsh/umbreon:

Silvally-Ground @ Ground Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Multi-Attack
- U-turn

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Roost

Rotom-Frost @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Discharge
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 128 SpD / 132 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Wish
- Protect

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Sludge Bomb
- Strange Steam
- Will-O-Wisp

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

Note on Haxorus - this thing is totally broken and like obviously the team struggles with it if it sets up. In matchups against it, the best way of dealing with it would be just to try and make use of the fact it can only set up on Gigalith freely, (risky against umbreon as foul play will kill it if it stays in) and if it does set up try and force it to lock into Outrage to deal with it.

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
Yeah, you are! And boy are you in for a treat! This being my whopping 10th post on the forums - you know this team is gonna be fire and from a clear-cut expert/savant at mons fun to use and capable of winning some games, even in incapable hands.

Team Origin Story:

Once upon a time, there was a little maniac who went by the name of Notily. :wooper:

Little wooper Notily was pretty easy-going, but there was a craving for power inside of him that he was unaware of.

Unaware of why, Notily was drawn to trainers and pokemon that were very intelligent, powerful, and successful, like E4BrunoMars.

Notily would stalk them, watching from the shadows as they were interviewed by journalists from smogon.com but eventually grew more gregarious and reckless - shouting out questions to the trainers during interviews - trying to pry their brain for tips and thoughts on the state of the world in which they lived.

Envious and wanting to get a chance to be close to such power itself, the little wooper Notily applied for work as a journalist and interviewer - uploading their resume online.

The first few days after posting his resume, whenever he got a notification on his professional email account he would hop around excited before checking. After 146 emails from indeed.com and 0 emails from anyone else, Notily's hope and excitement faded.

Finally, giving in after a whole two days of waiting for suitable job offers, Notily decided to respond to indeed.com

Indeed.com replied within seconds, asking if Notily could meet up for a job interview.

Notily met with indeed.com in the darkness of an alley because Notily was a wooper and didn't have hands to open a door to any restaurant or whatever.

Indeed.com turned out to be the username of a... you guessed it - Indeedee :indeedee:

Blah blah blah

Together Notily and indeed.com interviewed several of the most powerful pokemon in the state of RU.

Indeed.com was looking for a way to spam the WORLD - but again, our little :wooper: Notily was unaware.

When Indeed.com met a pokemon he deemed powerful and synergetic enough with him, he would use hypnosis on that mon!

These are the pokemon he hypnotized and convinced forced to do his bidding!

Rule34 - :gardevoir: - a powerful, intelligent pokemon that loves STABBING others while dual-wielding Fairy and Psychic knives. Given a choice-scarf to allow Rule34 to more frequently sacrifice his own wishes and give a healingwish to Indeed.com's cause!

Sir Prize - :sirfetch - a slow pokemon in more ways than one - Sir Prize loves to repeatedly hit walls while practicing close-quarter fighting techniques. Given a choice-band because close-combat is all he's interested in.

BooWho? - :froslass: - a ghost-type pokemon that is cold as ice - BooWho? loves to lay spikes around for others to step on and hurt themselves - but BooWho? never stays around to even watch the aftermath. Given a focus-sash so BooWho? can focus long enough to do it's job marginally well.

Scarf Lumier - :chandelure: - a no-nonsense ghost-type pokemon that both likes to burn anyone who comes to attack his master, Indeed.com, as well as stop children from playing with their spinning beyblades because Scarf Lumier didn't have a fun childhood. Given heavy-duty boots because it gives it more opportunity to burn everything even though he desperately wanted a choice scarf.

A Thug's Life - :durant: - His life ain't been no disney movie! A Thug's Life was chosen to round out Indeed.com's team because it's presence straight up scares away all those who oppose indeed.com's own psychic powers. Given a life-orb because he steals life from everything.

Indeed.com - :Indeedee: - Bought some real nice choice specs for himself because he wanted to disguise himself and make him look nerdy and like less of a threat (looking at you Clark Kent).

:indeedee: :gardevoir: :sirfetch :froslass: :chandelure: :durant:

https://pokepast.es/d1e358f796097687

TL;DR
ps://pokepast.es/d1e358f796097687
1.) Lead Froslass and use it to get up spikes or dbond a mon or both.
2.) Break UMBREON psychic resists and other threats stopping you from spamming psychic moves with :sirfetch and :chandelure:
3.) Spam Psychic! Use your psychic types to whoop dat azz.
4.) Use Durant to cover your mistakes because he's broken and synergizes well and kills umbreon and weezing by himself.

Notes

No, you don't need steel wing on sirfetch'd - it doesn't do what you want it to to weezing, sadly. But if you're good and wanna chip weezing down over time with it replace defog.

You could make chandelure scarf or specs but I haven't found the need - Energy ball is for vaporeon because ewwwww.

I have had success removing superpower and replacing it with First-Impression on Durant - even saved me - just outplay your own psychic terrain.

Tried Polteageist instead of Chandelure - just requires a lot of support to keep rocks and spikes off and even then wasn't as consistent of a threat as chandelure - for a spin-blocker too.

Don't be afraid to trick specs onto umbreon.

You can replace focus blast with trick if you want, but focus blast is a great cover for misplays against monster walls.

Ladies an Gentleman. Please give a warm welcome to the Morpeko-pack! A team build around Morpeko and for Daiyaga!

:Morpeko: :Salazzle: :Quagsire: :Bronzong: :Noivern: :Alcremie: (click 4 paste)

I wanted to build a team that has a real need for what the little rat has to offer and I ended up with this fun, RU'ish build. As you picked Morpeko, I thought you might have a heart for the 2nd or 3rd row Pokemon getting some time to shine :]

:Morpeko: Morpekos offensive capabilities might be limited, but it has a immunity to psychic and it has Spin, so what can we do with that? I settled for a bulky support set with A-Wheel, Spin, Protect and P-Shot to get the best out of Mr.Peko as a Spinner/Pivot. As usual, protect is used to get the right "Aura" you need when attacking, but maybe we can make even greater use of it!

:Salazzle: Introducing Salazzle! Both 'mons allready make great use out of protect, but together they can nullify the likes Scarf-Gardevoir or Espeon thanks to their combines typing. Morpeko gets good use out of Salazzles Toxic as it can abuse it with Protect and it might even sweep a little if the opponents wall runs to low on health. Aura Wheel (or Rapid Spin) lifts it into a great speedtier after all!

:Quagsire: Quag' is a 'mon I allways wanted to build with. Its Water Absorb makes it great against Milotic/Vaporeon and Toxic is sucha good tool to break these nasty walls down. Salazzle in the back punishes Steel- and Poisontypes that wanna come in on Toxic. It also eats Gras-attacks which end Quag's life pretty effectivly - so you better check if that opposing Rotom-M is realy a scarfed version, lol. Quag is an okay answer to most physical threats and EQ > Scald takes away the chances of burning Milotic and stuff. I've slaped Protect on it for the obvious reasons of keeping prominent scarfers like Rotom/Gardevoir in check and for abusing toxic.

:Noivern: LO-Noivern is a wonderfull, fast 'mon and makes Morpekos Spin even more desirable. LO-Hurry just feels like a do-or-die stunt each time, lo. Hitting grants you a 2HKO on nearly everything, and the stuff that can take it (Milotic/Umbreon) is covered by the rest of the team. The ground-immunity is kinda helpfull for Morpeko/Salazzle and Mr.Peko can often bring in Noivern, thanks to Parting Shot.

:Bronzong: I was looking for another, more real ground resist and 'zong came to mind. Noivern obviously likes to have a Mamo answer in the back and 'zongs typing is overall great. Carries protect. Carries rocks. Fits the bill! Salazzle eats fire, Morepeko eats ghosts; why not giving it a try?

:Alcremie: Last 'mon is Alcremie. Alcremie works as blanket check for all the Flamethrowers and Dark Pulses out there. It also keeps stuff like CM reunicles in check. (Not like we would use something like that with a great dark-type like Morpeko in the back /s) It will also bait in G-Weezing and other poison types that give Salazzle a chance to come in again. I started with Double Dance, but then I remembered that I like to not get 6-0ed by doublade. (Not like we would use something like that with an amazing dark-type like Morpeko in the back /s) Alcremie is the glue that holds this team together.

This is what this teams peak looks like, haha: (Low-Ladder, nothing wild)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1049062486

I hope you like the team and you do not immediatly run into one of the 'mons ripping the team apart. We have no priority which makes us vulnerable to Setup like DD Haxorous and SS Teaghostmon. (On the low ladder these "easy-setup" 'mons are a plague sadly) The team is very far from perfect, but I tried my best to give Morpeko a realy good reason to be on the squad!

And if one of you guys finds a good way to maybe add some priority or mix somethign else up to make the team better, feel free to share the good news and I'll edit it into this post!

Alright since I finally confirmed how im supposed to submit this, here's a team for Comfey Canto
Bewear @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Darkest Lariat
- Body Slam

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 116 SpD / 140 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Future Sight/Psychic
- Flash Cannon
- Grass Knot

Golisopod @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge/Heavy Slam

Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Switcheroo

So, starting off with the core requested of Bewear+Drapion, a setup bulky bewear with toxic spikes seemed nice because it helped chip down bulky mons, and just let Bewear do nice damage against bulky teams. It was originally banded but being locked in proved troublesome to me. Next added was bronzong, which provided a lot of defensive prowess that helped bewear, and was a rock setter. It also is normally incredibly passive, which is why I have a much more offensive set to get rid of that, while still checking everything you want it to. Next mon is Golisopod, which continued the hazard chipping and general weakning of teams. It's typing allows a solid fighting resist, mamo check along with bronzong, and the all important first impression which is a very reliable way to clean off weakened mons on teams. Golisopod is a great mon rn despite its mediocore ability. Next is mamo as a pure wallbreaker. Adamant Life orb hits like a truck, enough said. Stone edge hits golis+araq while heavy slam hits fairies, notably weezing. Lastly is specs whimsicott, which provided a grass and fairy type to end off the team. with a nice speed tier, specs patches up the mediocore special attack of whimsicott which makes it quite annoying to deal with. Psychic as well hits unexpecting poisons like Weezing and Roserade. Sirfetch'd and some fighting types of the sort can be a bit annoying to deal with due to the lack of a solid fighting resist, so predicting and playing around them will be important. I hope you enjoy the team!

aaa im so sorry for being late i completely forgot i didnt do a post ;w;. i had the pleasure to build for the wonderful user A Cake Wearing A Hat who aksed for a bellossom team. at first i was a bit confused as to why you would want this mon but after making a few builds and testing it out it actually kind of worked which is very surprising i must admit. anyway heres the team

1579950463784.png
(click sprites for pokepaste)
so i started with bellossom ofc and i found that going max speed timid is better than going fully defensive since the speed really helps if you cant get to +4 or something crazy like that you can still outspeed everything. hippo makes an amazing partner as it gives bello hazards support and a solid doublade and to a lesser extent centiskorch answer which bello struggles with. doublade is a great spinblocker asnd is able to switch in on many poison types bar salazzle. its main role is a switch in to whimsicott which can be pretty annoying for bello as it can uturn for free and chip it, putting it in range for something like weezing. milo is just an amazing wall in general and gives the team a fire and ice resist. weezing is the teams main removal and ground resist. its ability to spread toxic is also amazing since toxic distribution is rly scarce atm. umbreon is the wishpasser and ghost switchin (i made this team before gengar ban but its still rly helpful for opposing doublades n whatnot) the spread ensures you can always switch in to noivern even if you get crit whilst also having physdef investment to switch into doublade easier.

i really hope you enjoy the team and im sorry for being so late !

gum

for the better
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hi Rekeri, you got me as your secret santa and you requested for a team around froslass + barraskewda, so yeah i built one around that core. hope u like it! :)

:froslass::barraskewda::duraludon::xatu::diggersby::ribombee:
https://pokepast.es/0973eac0c0f54c29

so i started with the requested core and then asked Juuno what are some good ho mons. duraludon seemed like a cool rocker that would also form a decent offensive core with barraskewda. next i went xatu for magic bounce support, and teleport + future sight is also a fun combination especially with spikes. diggersby was added as the wincon and forms a fun offensive core with duraludon. lastly, the team lacked speed so i decided to go a sticky web setter. i went with ribombee instead of galvantula for the noivern mu, although you can go galvantula if u want.

that's it, hope u enjoy the team!!!

s/o Estarossa and Juuno for helping me build!!!

For Juuno, a team around Milotic and Avalugg

Milotic is a big presence around the tier and I opted to go for a fully specially defensive set with max HP to maximize it's capability to wall the most threatening special attackers. For avalugg, I invested almost all the EVs in its physical bulk. It has a massive defense and can eat attacks from some of the strongest physical attackers.

So beginning with these two mons, I saw a huge weakness against Rotom-mow and decided to add a specially defensive Roserade. Roserade also works as a t-spike absorber and can switch into expected status moves and not be worried about it due to its ability Natural Cure.
Another weakness was in the form of strong fighting types like Sirfetch'd and Passimian, so the next addition to the team was Weezing-Galar. Weezing's typing lets it resist fighting types by 4 times and it also adds a lot of utility in the form of the status moves it can impart on the opponents. It also gets defog, in case avalugg is unable to spin. However, defog wasn't really the best move for it in this team as Weezing itself sets up t-spikes for the team and Roserade can absorb the same on your team's side.

I tested a lot of teams with these two mons, and I found myself using weezing in all the teams. With these, now I need two wall breakers with some speed and I chose Chandelure and Sirfecth'd, both scarfed. Yes, scarf Sirfetch'd. Without the lack of a sticky web setter, choice scarf proved to be a better item for Sirfetch'd. I could be very wrong here. Both of them do not run max speed versions but modest and adamant respectively. Sirfetch'd also packs the priority move for the team. You can also run Mamoswine instead of Sirfetch'd as it can set up rocks and also packs a priority move in the form of Ice Shard.
The team:

:milotic: :avalugg: :weezing-galar: :roserade: :chandelure: :sirfetch
Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Haze
- Recover

Avalugg @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Body Press
- Earthquake

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Toxic
- Pain Split
- Toxic Spikes

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Synthesis

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Sirfetch'd @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- First Impression
- Meteor Assault
About the sets:

Milotic has max special defense and HP with a standard set. It can eat a leaf storm if the situation calls for it. It can also just recover on a possible volt switch without losing much, however roserade is meant to be a switch in for those.

Avalugg has 20 speed EVs to outspeed mons like coalossal, copperajah, and bulky rhyperior. Being able to move first against these 3 provides huge advantage to Avalugg. Rest of the EVs invested into defense and HP.
It has earthquake over avalanche as the two most common spin blockers Doublade and Chandelure, do not appreciate getting hit by an earthquake on switch in if you know for sure they are coming in to spin-block you. Avalanche in place of EQ is an option and could be useful against haxorus.

Weezing is the most versatile pokemon here and can run a variety of different sets. You can always have will-o-wisp over toxic. Also you can have defog if you find rapid spin unreliable and get rid of t-spikes.

Roserade is also specially defensive so it can pivot into the special attacks that threaten Milotic. It also can pack different movesets like giga drain over leaf storm for more recovery and sleep powder or stun spore over synthesis or sludge bomb. T-spikes can be set by roserade instead of weezing. However, I went for spikes.

Chandelure has the common scarf/specs set with trick to cripple mons like Umbreon and sp.def Milotic that can easily switch in.

Sirfecth'd can be banded for maximum damage but I found the speed to be underwhelming without webs support. You can also pack brave bird over meteor assault. Be wary of the recoil damage.

Weakness:
3 weaknesses to psychic. While milotic can wall Reuniclus easily a future sight variant might be trouble some because if milotic is forced out in the next turn you lose a mon. It can be revenge killed easily though.

Other options:
If you run defog on weezing then you can use hippodown instead of avalugg which has stealth rocks.
Drapion can also work as t-spikes absorber and is also immune to psychic instead of roserade.

Replays: (not high-ladder and some bad plays overall)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1053555019 (has rotom-fan before i decided to settle for sirfetch'd)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1053564579 (again no sirfetch'd but shows how roserade can wall rotom-mow easily and avalugg's matchup against coalossal (earthquake does more than body press))
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1053592006 (scarf sirfetch'd prevents haxorus from setting up and winning despite having 3 pokemon weak to psychic)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1053603411

TL;DR:
I am not a great teambuilder but I enjoyed this exercise. I am positive that this team at least allows you to get a basic idea of the type of team I was trying to build around Milotic and Avalugg. You can always change the sets or replace one or two mons based on the weaknesses or suggestions. Hopefully, it is of some use and you can make it better and adjust the things that are necessary to make it a great team overall. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey Twilight, I finally have your request which was CurseLax. Not gonna lie, it took me a lot of time and a lot of builds to make something that I found interesting and efficient enough... there you go !

The main issue with Snorlax is that it fears Fighting-types a lot so it really needs teammates which can handle those threats. With that in mind, I decided to add to the team Noivern which is in my opinion one of the best (if not the best) Defogger in the tier atm. I tried it with U-turn but I do believe the current version with Flamethrower is way better since it allows to somehow check Lucario and Doublade which are two nasty threats for the team. Noivern is able to handle pretty nicely Fighting-types and it appreciates the fact that Snorlax handle most Ice-types in the tier. However, LO Mamoswine and Diggersby may be an issue for both of them and that's why the team has a max defense Bronzong to handle those threats. I'm running double STAB but I believe you can opt for Body Press instead of Flash Cannon if you think SD Lucario is too hard to handle. Snorlax is a nice teammate overall for Bronzong since it handle with ease Chandelure which is a nightmare for its mate. Since I'm playing CurseLax with two offensive moves, a Cleric was a nice addition to the team and that's why we have Aromatisse. This Pokemon is at the moment the only viable Wisher + Cleric so it's really nice. The EVs spread is obnoxious I know but it's not random at all ! The EVs in HP + Def allow Aromatisse to handle 2 Close Combat from Choice Band Sirftech'd after Stealth Rock without needing to use Protect while the SpA allows it to ensure the OHKO on Haxorus without any chip damages. Last but not least, the speed allows it to outspeed 16 Speed Doublade. You can always change those EVs but since the team may struggle vs Doublade I though it could be useful.. Heliolisk is one of my favorite pivot atm with Glare.. This Pokemon is able to pressure a lot of Pokemon with Electric + Grass coverage. I paired it with Choice Specs Gardevoir which is able to pressure spe.def walls such as Umbreon which doesn't care about Heliolisk. If you don't like Heavy-Duty Boots on Heliolisk then Zap Plate or Expert Belt may be better. The same applies for Gardevoir with Psyshock.. you can opt for Healing Wish / Trick too. I hope you'll like the team !
Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 196 HP / 140 Def / 152 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Body Slam
- Darkest Lariat

Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Flash Cannon / Body Press
- Psychic

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 76 SpA / 28 SpD / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Heliolisk @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Zap Plate / Expert Belt
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Glare

Gardevoir @ Choice Specs
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock / Trick / Healing Wish
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire

E4 Bruno Mars heres ur Sirfetch'd and Teapot team. Ngl this core is p hard and I suck at building.

sirfetch.png
teapot.png
frosslass.png
duraludon.png
indee.png
haxorus.png

Sirfetch'd @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- First Impression

Polteageist @ White Herb
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Icy Wind
- Will-O-Wisp

Duraludon @ Life Orb
Ability: Stalwart
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Steel Beam

Indeedee (M) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire
- Dazzling Gleam

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Close Combat

This team is pretty straight forward. It is inspired by vivs team on the vr thread. It is Hyper Offense with Frosslass as suicide lead and Durulodon as an offensive rocker. Teapot with the usual shell smash. Indeedee with calm mind and terrain extender so tea and Haxorus doesnt die to priority. Sirfetch'd is here with swords dance to break those bulky stuff. Lastly we have dragon dance haxorus cause it is kinda broken.

Hope u enjoy

Sanctus Janus here's the team you requested around Golisopod + Reuniclus. Had quite a hard time with this core, but I think this is the best team I built with it.

(click 4 paste)

After testing a bit other sets, I ultimately settled on SD Golisopod + OTR Reuniclus, making a powerful core against most offensive teams, since Reuniclus's trick room messes with the faster threats of the metagame, and Golisopod can use First Impression to smack most Pokémon and SD + Aqua Jet to clean up late-game. I chose Shadow Ball + Recover on Reuniclus as this lets it snipe Doublade for an OHKO greatly helping Golisopod while sitting on most defensive pokémon that could cause trouble to Golisopod (namely Weezing and Milotic).
I then added Silvally-Ghost, a pretty unorthodox pick but a solid breaker with a good speed tier, and a way to lure dark-types for Reuniclus by booming on them. U-turn in the last slot lets you keep the momentum and seriously damage these dark-types without killing Silvally, which can be huge if you need it for something else (mainly spinblocking).

Drapion came next, adding TSpikes and Knock Off support to the team alongside a Ghost resistance, which was really necessary because of Reuniclus and Silvally. I didn't really need breaking power on it so I just put enough speed to creep Chandelure, invested the rest of the EVs in bulk and called it a day.

I still didn't have a rocker at that point and was getting sick of running Rhyperior in every single team, so I decided to give Copperajah a try,giving me some kind of lure for bulky waters that Reuniclus and Golisopod struggle with, and it has solid breaking power alongside flying and dragon resistances that are extremely useful to deal with Noivern and Haxorus (locked into Outrage). The speed lets you creep 0 speed Rhyperior and OHKO it with Power Whip, rest goes into attack and bulk.

Noivern rounds the team up by providing speed control without relying on priority or Reuniclus' Trick Room, defog support and a decent answer to screens thanks to Infiltrator.

Spikes > SD on Golisopod to rack up chip damage long-term, but Goli invites the two best defoggers in the tier, Noivern and Weezing, for free, so these spikes usually don't stay up for long, while SD + Aqua Jet can be pretty strong late-game.
Thunder>Shadow Ball on Reuniclus lets you get heavy damage on Milotic and Doublade and fish for paras which greatly help the team, but Psychic + Shadow Ball is more consistent from my experience.
Rhyperior is a rocker that gives a better defensive backbone to the team, but it doesn't have the extreme breaking power of Copperajah and can't lure bulky waters as effectively as Copperajah.
Draco Meteor > Defog on Noivern lets you get lots of damage off on Rhyperior and reliably (bar the 90 accuracy) kill Haxorus and opposing Noiverns, but Defog helps against hazard-stacking teams and (kinda) screens.
Taunt > Defog on Noivern can be nice to prevent setup/healing from the opponent.

Hope you like it, and sorry for taking so long.

Sanctus Janus here's the team you requested around Golisopod + Reuniclus. Had quite a hard time with this core, but I think this is the best team I built with it.

(click 4 paste)

After testing a bit other sets, I ultimately settled on SD Golisopod + OTR Reuniclus, making a powerful core against most offensive teams, since Reuniclus's trick room messes with the faster threats of the metagame, and Golisopod can use First Impression to smack most Pokémon and SD + Aqua Jet to clean up late-game. I chose Shadow Ball + Recover on Reuniclus as this lets it snipe Doublade for an OHKO greatly helping Golisopod while sitting on most defensive pokémon that could cause trouble to Golisopod (namely Weezing and Milotic).
I then added Silvally-Ghost, a pretty unorthodox pick but a solid breaker with a good speed tier, and a way to lure dark-types for Reuniclus by booming on them. U-turn in the last slot lets you keep the momentum and seriously damage these dark-types without killing Silvally, which can be huge if you need it for something else (mainly spinblocking).

Drapion came next, adding TSpikes and Knock Off support to the team alongside a Ghost resistance, which was really necessary because of Reuniclus and Silvally. I didn't really need breaking power on it so I just put enough speed to creep Chandelure, invested the rest of the EVs in bulk and called it a day.

I still didn't have a rocker at that point and was getting sick of running Rhyperior in every single team, so I decided to give Copperajah a try,giving me some kind of lure for bulky waters that Reuniclus and Golisopod struggle with, and it has solid breaking power alongside flying and dragon resistances that are extremely useful to deal with Noivern and Haxorus (locked into Outrage). The speed lets you creep 0 speed Rhyperior and OHKO it with Power Whip, rest goes into attack and bulk.

Noivern rounds the team up by providing speed control without relying on priority or Reuniclus' Trick Room, defog support and a decent answer to screens thanks to Infiltrator.

Spikes > SD on Golisopod to rack up chip damage long-term, but Goli invites the two best defoggers in the tier, Noivern and Weezing, for free, so these spikes usually don't stay up for long, while SD + Aqua Jet can be pretty strong late-game.
Thunder>Shadow Ball on Reuniclus lets you get heavy damage on Milotic and Doublade and fish for paras which greatly help the team, but Psychic + Shadow Ball is more consistent from my experience.
Rhyperior is a rocker that gives a better defensive backbone to the team, but it doesn't have the extreme breaking power of Copperajah and can't lure bulky waters as effectively as Copperajah.
Draco Meteor > Defog on Noivern lets you get lots of damage off on Rhyperior and reliably (bar the 90 accuracy) kill Haxorus and opposing Noiverns, but Defog helps against hazard-stacking teams and (kinda) screens.
Taunt > Defog on Noivern can be nice to prevent setup/healing from the opponent.

Hope you like it, and sorry for taking so long.
Well now I feel aweful, because I was never given a core to build around, and I forgot about this project, thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)