LC Sewaddle

Rei

formerly Scholar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

[OVERVIEW]
Sewaddle might look good to use, as it has good bulk and a good typing that allows it to set Sticky Web on Water- and Electric-types like Chinchou and Elekid. However, Sewaddle has six weaknesses that makes it hard to rely on it to set up Sticky Web, a low Speed stat, and lacks the ability to threaten its foe due to its low offensive power. Pokemon like Surskit and Dewpider outclass this Pokemon because of their better typing, as Surskit is a better choice for its Speed and Dewpider has a better ability and greater offensive presence, allowing both of these Pokemon to get up Sticky Web more effectively.

[SET]
name: Sticky Web
move 1: Sticky Web
move 2: Hidden Power Fire
move 3: Energy Ball
move 4: Magic Coat / Air Slash
item: Eviolite
ability: Overcoat
nature: Timid
evs: 156 HP / 196 Def / 40 SpA / 116 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
This set is made to set up Sticky Web and bounce back the foe's entry hazards with Magic Coat. However, it cannot get up Sticky Web reliably due to its horrible typing, as Pokemon like Vullaby and Onix can cause Sewaddle to have trouble doing its job to set up Sticky Web. Sewaddle is outclassed by Surskit and Dewpider because of better stats, better Speed in Surskit's case, and a better ability in Dewpider's case.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Magma, 393488]]
- Quality checked by: [[Merritt, 213064], [Nineage, 195129]]
- Grammar checked by: [[frostration, 447027]]

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
[OVERVIEW]
This is a bit long, I'd like you to condense this down into 3 sentences max if possible from its current 5. You can get the first two sentences into a single one pretty easily by framing it around what Sewaddle brings to a team in general (ability to set up Sticky Web against and combat Electric and some Water types more effectively than Dewpider or Surskit). The next can be about Sewaddle's bad typing and I'd like you to mention Sewaddle's very low Speed and lack of ability to threaten the opponent due to low offensive power as well. Frame Surskit as a better choice due to its Speed and Dewpider's far greater offensive presence allowing them to get up Sticky Web more effectively here.

[SET]
Can you explain why Bold? I'd like to get an understanding of what relevant rolls 16 vs 17 def allows for, otherwise I'd suggest Timid to let Sewaddle get the jump on some Timburr and tie 0 Spe Mudbray sets.

I'd say Overcoat over Chlorophyll. Sewaddle isn't going to be able to outspeed stuff like Bulbasaur or Bellsprout under sun anyways and not taking Hail damage is nice enough if rarely relevant.

[SET COMMENTS]
The second sentence is weird. Why is Sewaddle trying to set up Sticky Web on these Pokemon? Change it to a sentence about common Pokemon that mess with Sewaddle's function. I'm going to insist this includes Vullaby.

[CREDITS]
good

Implement this but I'd like to see the explanation for Bold and give it another look before stamping.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Last sentence of set comments isn't really right. Surskit and Dewpider aren't really about setting up on Houndour or Larvesta (since those are rather rare), it really is the better stats (Speed for Surskit) and ability in Dewpider's case.

Fix that, and while the overview still feels a bit wordy I'm gonna say 1/2

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]
  • This is too wordy. Change the first sentence to say "has a good typing that allows it to set Sticky Web on Water- and Electric-types" to condense
  • Your sentences otherwise have all the relevant information but can be confusing at times. Please give this a read-through before moving to GP.

[SET]
Fine

[SET COMMENTS]
  • I'd give Onix as an example instead of Pawniard here
Good work, 2/2

frostration

i probably have a headache
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
add remove comments
[OVERVIEW]
Sewaddle might look good to use, [AC] as it has good bulk [RC] and has a good typing that allows it to set Sticky Web on Water- and Electric-types like Chinchou and Elekid. However, Sewaddle has six weaknesses that makes it hard to rely on it to set up Sticky Web, a low Speed stat, [AC] and lacks the ability to threaten the opponent its foe [foe = pokemon, opponent = battler] due to its low offensive power. Pokemon like Surskit and Dewpider outclass this Pokemon because of their better typing, as Surskit is a better choice for its Speed and Dewpider has a better ability and greater offensive presence, [AC] allowing both of these Pokemon to get up Sticky Web more effectively.

[SET]
name: Sticky Web
move 1: Sticky Web
move 2: Hidden Power Fire
move 3: Energy Ball
move 4: Magic Coat / Air Slash
item: Eviolite
ability: Overcoat
nature: Timid
evs: 156 HP / 196 Def / 40 SpA / 116 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
This set is made to set up Sticky Web and bounce back the opponent's foe's entry hazards with Magic Coat. However, it cannot get up Sticky Web reliably due to its horrible typing, [AC] as Pokemon like Vullaby and Onix can cause Sewaddle to have trouble doing its job to set up Sticky Web. Sewaddle is outclassed by Surskit and Dewpider because of better stats, for Surskit better Speed and in Dewpider's case a better ability better Speed in Surskit's case, and a better ability in Dewpider's case.
GP 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)