Share your Showdown stats!

Hey I just realized that I have played a LOT of Showdown in the past 7.25 years! So after hitting 100 VGC 2021 matches played, I decided to use the rank command on both of my two main accounts, dump the numbers in Excel, and in the process I've realized something cool!

Ive played almost 4,000 games (since the last time the ladders were all reset a couple years back), and here's the cool part
- both accounts each have basically half of the games (2085 vs 1910)
- and both accoumts have the EXACT same win to loss ratio and win to game percentage! The math nerd in me got really excited when I realized this coincidence. I felt like as cool as 3blue1brown and many other math Youtubers I watch.

I'm sharing a screenshot, and I'm inviting you the same! It's a cool way to view the numbers of something a lot of us dedicate a lot of time to! Not as bragging, more of an appreciation of the time I've invested. Plus if you like numbers this'll be really cool.

IMG-20201028-WA0015.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you all for sharing! I guess another good question would be, why do you enjoy that particular meta so much? (The one each of you has played the most)

Tbh I was never good at VGC. Ever. I really started this month! I made a cool Power Trick Shuckle team and I got addicted to using it. I even bought Dream Radar just to get a Contrary Shuckle in my gen 5 and 7 games.

Also, in Inheritance, that meta was really fun. I used a nasty Trick Scarf Primarina set that almost always worked and never got old when I pulled it off.

D: If thats in one single meta, I can't even imagine the total amount of games you've played. Are metronome battles quick?
To be honest, I don't really play anything else regularly on Showdown. I like Challenge Cup 1v1 for similar reasons though.

Metronome Battles are pretty fast and exciting, and the thing that keeps me going is that every game always plays out differently. I personally like that the 2v2 and Custom Game aspects especially allow for unique or bizarre scenarios, like fighting with Pokestars or Flower Veil being a top tier ability.

To be honest, I don't really play anything else regularly on Showdown. I like Challenge Cup 1v1 for similar reasons though.

Metronome Battles are pretty fast and exciting, and the thing that keeps me going is that every game always plays out differently. I personally like that the 2v2 and Custom Game aspects especially allow for unique or bizarre scenarios, like fighting with Pokestars or Flower Veil being a top tier ability.
Hey that sounds fun. I'd have challenged you earlier today if I didnt have a test tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)