Metagame Shared Power [Under Re-Construction!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Simple + Moxie + Beast Boost + Heart-Soul + Triage + Unaware = 1 KO = +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack + 2 whatever stat. Throw in Stored Power or Power Trip and you are set.

Invincibility:
Drought + Harvest + Cheek Pouch (or Simple) + Sturdy + Unburden (or Regenerator) + Gluttony (or Flower Gift But I don’t know if it works) + Aguav Berry or it’s twins or even Starf Berry. Or try Custap Berry without Cheek Pouch!

If you take a hit or hurt yourself with recoil, Substitute, or Belly Drum to 50% or less, you actually heal 83.34% of your HP, Unburden activates, and you will double your speed. Basically making it easy to stay at 100%. Seriously, if you substitute to 25%, you heal to 100%

The point of using Simple is for Starf Berry, so you won’t heal with Cheek Puch, you just Boost +2 at 50% HP each turn.
Custap Berry can also be used!

Last edited:
why not harvest+cheek pouch+gluttony+unaware+drought

or the much more thing of shuckle with chesto+drought+harvest XD instant 100% recovery If you use rest

there needs to be a inverse of moldbreaker which ignores offensive abilities so tough claws does not work and such

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I've been loving this meta so far. Here's some other teams I made:

Comfey @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Dragalge @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Dragon Pulse
- Haze
- Thunderbolt

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch / Flare Blitz
- Thunder Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Tapu Bulu @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Zard X can be replaced by Dusk Lycanroc.

The team focus basically around having +3 Priority in good moves, given by Triage. Technician serves rather as a boost only really to Comfey and Breloom, but thay're viabily good boosts. Iron Fist allows for Drain Punch to have 90 BP on it's respective users, which isn't great, but for a priority move that heals, it's really fine. Adaptability further boosts those stabs, making them hit really hard. Tough Claws makes half of the team gain a significant boost to their priority moves. Grassy Surge removes opposing Psychic Terrains, and allows Mega Zard X and Dragalge to take less damage from Earthquakes, as well as making Bulu's Horn Leech and Breloom's Bullet Seed hit harder.

Comfey isn't that great of a mon, but isn't terribly unusable. Pixie Plate, with Technician, make Draining Kiss become a 90 BP move. It is then further Boosted by Tough Claws, hitting 117. This would hit roughly as hard as a Talonflame's Brave Bird in Gen 6 (82 Sp. Atk 117 BP stab vs 81 Atk 120 BP stab). Adaptability only makes it higher, making Comfey be really decent. Calm Mind is for setting up, and HP Ground (With 90 BP) covers Steel and Poison. Synthesis is for recovery.

Has a role of Sporing the foe, to then set up with Swords Dance and use Drain Punch (Hitting 117 BP before Adaps). Bullet Seed is somewhat filler, but is boosted by Technician and Grassy Terrain.

Conkeldurr hits pretty hard. Aside from Earthquake, all of it's moves are boosted by Tough Claws. Having a respectable bulk allows it to run AV, and having recovery in Drain Punch makes it better. The rest of the set is moves it usually runs.

With two Fighting mons on the team, I noticed it started to become pretty weak against Fairy. Not only as that, but I wanted another Special mon, and I had plans to add an Adaptability user to the team. Boom, Dragalge. I didn't really know what to use as a set tho, so it might still need changes.

I then remembered Draining Kiss makes contact. Having all of the priority moves on the team boosted by Tough Claws would be pretty relevant, so I went ahead and searched for one. Duskanroc was considered due to Technician Accelerock as well. However, I went with Zard X anyways. Fire Punch isn't as good as Flare Blitz, even after the Iron Fist boost, but still is a fine stab. Thunder Punch is now a pretty reliable coverage against Flying, which treatened my team (Once again, Zard X here can be substituted by Duskanroc). Dragon Claw is a less risky stab then Outrage, and Priority Roost is the thing that allows it to live longer (You can even run Flare Blitz more reliably now)

The last one on the team, Horn Leech with Meadow Plate hits 90 BP before you even take Tough Claws. Under Grassy Terrain, this thing is a monster. Setting Grassy Terrain was also relevant for the other team members such as Dragalge and Zard/Lycanroc to be able to resist Earthquake better, as well as for Breloom to hit anything that would take Drain Punch with a pretty powerful Bullet Seed, and allows Conkeldurr's bulky offensive role to recover HP. The rest are moves for coverage.

The team does struggle against any form of priority control, tho.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Conkeldurr @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Protect
- Play Rough
- Close Combat

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Clefable @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Serious Nature
- Protect
- Cosmic Power
- Moonblast
- Wish

Haxorus @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance / Protect
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Haxorus or Clefable can be swapped for something with either Sticky Hold, Scrappy or Tough Claws.

The overall idea is pretty obvious: Get as many boosts as possible from just being poisoned. Everyone benefits from it in some way, with bulky offensive mons in Gliscor and Conkeldurr, and more frail and faster mons in Zangoose and Ursaring. Clefable enjoys Poison Heal, and gives the team Unnaware, making it not care at all about opposing set-up sweepers, and breaks through any bulky set-up mon. Haxorus is the main star here, ignoring opposing abilities.

Provides the team recovery, and is decently bulky to be able to take some hits. t's not the fastest thing ever, but after the boost, it has respectable speed. Earthquake is Stab and Knock Off makes not much want to lose an item upon switching in. U-Turn gives momentum and allows the switch-in's Toxic Orb to activate.

Same old Guts st, now with Recovery and bonus power, as well as Speed. Not much to say that isn't obvious.

Gives Speed to the team and has a hard-hitting Facade.

With Toxic Boost and Status' bonus, Facade hits 210 Base Power. I think that's nough to be said here.

An odd choice for the team, but Unnaware Sweepers deserve a little more credit than they get. Beast Boost? Moxie? Soul-Hear? All become irrelevant. And with the good ammount of Magic Guard Clefs running around, the opponent might not notice at first. Finally, Poison Heal is really useful for Stalling.

Mold Breaker was the final decision I wanted to the team, and since it's not passable, I had to use it on the actual mon. Dual Chop gets through Substitute and Sashes, the rest is coverage

The team is, however, heavly predictable. Faster foes just laugh at it, and Knock Off shuts down most of the mons on the team.

Also working on a Skill Link team right now.

or the much more thing of shuckle with chesto+drought+harvest XD instant 100% recovery If you use rest
This can actually give recovery to pretty much all pokemon, since all pokemon who can learn TMs can learn rest (aside some pokes like the tapus, magearna, and others, but still a very long list)

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Ye I find weather to be a tad too much atm since you can kinda have it out permanenetly due to constant switching, making it really annoying to play around. Here are some samples I made that worked for me

http://pokepast.es/ae1bcc71fcc116b2

Even without Water Bubble, Rain is still annoying to face thanks to abilities such as Adaptability + Dry Skin. The fact that each member can instanstly have access to x2 Speed is what really pushes it over the edge imo, even having Lele to beat out priority.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7sharedpower-199501
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7sharedpower-198018 (older version)

Also Sun is pretty fun too:

http://pokepast.es/ec907d04b6eaaa6c

Imo there should be a shared abilitiy clause on all weather inducing abilities, as it would still make the playstyles usable, but way less opressing.

Edit: Did someone day Harvest?
http://pokepast.es/9400bda399f539ad

Whenever I try to use this team on ROM, the battle won't load properly. Other teams work just fine. No idea what's going on.
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 76 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn

Heracross @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

Braviary @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- Protect

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Belly Drum
- Quick Attack

Tapu Koko @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Taunt

Raichu-Alola @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
Jolly Nature
- Volt Tackle
- Facade
- Brick Break
- Protect

As for the team itself... well, it kinda speaks for itself, doesn't it?

+1 252 Atk Guts Braviary Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Cresselia: 318-375 (71.6 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery <<< And keep in mind, that's not a boost you can ignore with Unaware. It's just Toxic Boost on top of the Guts.

I prefer Electric Terrain +Surge Surfer over Quick Feet because +1 Speed won't cut it in a meta where you can easily give whole teams 2x Speed. For comparison, Adamant +1 Haxorus hits 439 Speed, while Adamant Tyranitar with Sand Rush hits 442. It also has the added benefit of functioning reliably vs. opposing weather, albeit not so much vs. opposing Tapus.

One last thing... y'all out here with sand teams but not running Sand Veil? Are missing out.

Also Sun is pretty fun too:
Ninetales sounds better than Torkoal because it can add a bit of extra offensive juice. 81/100 offenses are suddenly pretty respectable when backed up by Drought, Solar Power and Chlorophyll. Crawdaunt is also pretty questionable because sun nerfs its power considerably. Darmanitan, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Heatran, Infernape, Volcanion are all potential candidates to take its place. Blacephalon could also be removed to make room for two of the mons I mentioned, but ultimately it's up to you since it is admittedly extremely strong.

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
Ninetales sounds better than Torkoal because it can add a bit of extra offensive juice. 81/100 offenses are suddenly pretty respectable when backed up by Drought, Solar Power and Chlorophyll. Crawdaunt is also pretty questionable because sun nerfs its power considerably. Darmanitan, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Heatran, Infernape, Volcanion are all potential candidates to take its place. Blacephalon could also be removed to make room for two of the mons I mentioned, but ultimately it's up to you since it is admittedly extremely strong.
I'd see no problem with even running Porygon-Z instead of Crawdaunt, since it gets Solar Beam and Z-Conversion.

Whenever I try to use this team on ROM, the battle won't load properly. Other teams work just fine. No idea what's going on.
No errors were logged, and it worked when I tried it, so I can only guess that you got unlucky and the battle process assigned to you hung. This happens from time to time on ROM unfortunately (probably due to the number of formats, but that's just guessing). I have a system to check for hung processes but it's not very reliable so they can linger for hours before they are detected. (But at least I've been able to make them recycle once the hang is detected.)

Lots of news everyone!

The USUM Shared Power Viability Rankings are offically out! Keep in mind that these rankings are nowhere near final, and suggestions are welcome. Do use this thread to discuss and make nominations!

In additional news, Imposter has been quickbanned from Shared Power. Offering every single Pokemon the ability to copy into whatever is in front of it and basically retain infinite PP in tandem with stuff like Eviolite Chansey, Scarf Guzzlord, Alomomola, etc is just ridiculous. I'm very excited that this metagame is picking up and I want it to be as balanced as possible. Keep in mind that we as a tier have not banned an ability yet, and simply restricting abilities from sharing allows for a handful of abilities to be banned. I'm glad to see so much support though! Let's make this the most fun metagame we can. :)

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
Necrozma (Unranked => (B+))
With the ability Prism Armor, this Pokemon lends a helpful hand to any Pokemon. Defensive oriented, it appreciates Prankster and/or Simple to sharply boost its stats using Iron Defense/Calm Mind/Autotomize/Rock Polish, then when everything is done and done, it takes down the opposing team with Stored Power. Though many things can be used to counter it, like Dark types who take no effect to Stored Power. Bug Types and Ghost types may be able to chip it down, but Prism Armor saves it. Prism Armor benefits the whole team, as Pokemon with Multiscale/Stamina/Other Defensive abilities barely take damage from an Adaptability-Boosted U-Turn. I believe this' mon deserves B+ Rank at the Highest, since it is powerful enough to make a dent on other teams, and Prism Armor can also support Pokemon like Tangrowth or Clefable, but it can be knocked out easily.

Heliolisk (Unranked => (C+))
Heliolisk is your basic utility for weather-oriented teams. all three of its abilities provide extra support to those who's Sun-based teams lack a special boost, or who's Rain team needs a passive way to recover health. Its use of Electric type moves and Paralysis give Magic Guard users a hard time, and Charizard-Mega-Y and Venusaur appreciate the special boost the most for sun teams, and Toxapex and Dragonite appreciate the recovery the most for rain teams. Volt Switch makes it easy to swap in a pokemon that can take its hits, since its defenses are pretty weak. it appreciates Swift Swim/Sand Rush/Chlorophyll to let it escape or neutralize threats. the ranking i believe should be C+, for the same reason as Necrozma, although this pokemon is significantly weaker.

Bruxish (Unranked => (B-))
Dazzling lends a helpful hand to teams that rely on faster pokemon who falter when it comes to taking hits, such as Sharpedo-Mega and its weak defenses and relies on its speed to take out others, making it a glass cannon. Bruxish also has the opportunity of running Strong Jaw, benefiting pokemon who like to rack up with Tough Claws and Sheer Force. Rivaled with Tsareena, who has a similar ability, Bruxish has a useful priority move itself with Aqua Jet. Compared to Tapu Lele and Psychic Surge, Psychic Terrain also negates your pokemon from running priority, as well as it wears off after a few turns, so you would be constantly switching. Bruxish hits hard and helps many, though Lele is overall better at receiving abilities and doing damage.

Whimsicott (Unranked => (C+))
Whimsicott plays nifty games on Pokemon using its niche of Prankster to get ahead of the rest. Lending Prankster to its whole team, it allows bulky Pokemon to prioritize both Rest and Sleep Talk, allows for safe setups when also paired with Sturdy/Multiscale, and can provide clean entries or chips when granted No Guard to lull its foes to sleep. Whimsicott is drawn back, however, by the abundance of Psychic Terrain and Dazzling/Queenly Majesty teams. Dark types are not much of a problem, thanks to its additional Fairy typing it got in gen 6, it can slap Dark types with a Moonblast.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7sharedpower-201331 (Saved Machamp from Fainting with Prankster Rest)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7sharedpower-201361 (Dismantled 2 Pokemon with Grass Whistle)

Last edited:
I think the viability rankings are solid but there are a few things that should be changed.
1. Hydreigon unranked => C+. Hydreigon should be ranked as levitate would be tremendous for heatran, magnezone, and stakataka.
2. mega beedrill is far too useful to be only a C rank. adaptability vastly improves the stab attaking power. unless crawdaunt proves to be useful mega beedrill sounds like an almost must to be a lead then immediately u turn after mega. C=> A
252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 218-258 (71.7 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 292-344 (96 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 346-408 (108.4 - 127.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 259-305 (81.1 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

3. machamp unranked => C-. While terrible on his own he does make contributions to some teams. He allows the attackers to pack more of a punch with magma storm, thunder, blizzard, and no stone edge or focus blast misses. He also allows the select few mons who get it, to use the move zap cannon. zap cannon has tremendous power and the benefit of paralyzing 100% of the time. he would be useful to surge surfer teams for thunder and zap cannon is the main reason he should be ranked but not high due to being bad on his own.

Last edited:
Hydreigon unranked => C+. Hydreigon should be ranked as levitate would be tremendous for heatran, magnezone, and stakataka.
I don't see what Hydreigon does differently from Latios. You need to go in-depth with this if you really want it to be considered, since Latios literally does these things, and Mega Latias is ranked as well.

mega beedrill is far too useful to be only a C rank. adaptability vastly improves the stab attaking power. unless crawdaunt proves to be useful mega beedrill sounds like an almost must to be a lead then immediately u turn after mega. C=> B- cause I don't care enough to do calcs but Id put him at A if I did
Beedrill is nowhere near as good as Porygon-Z which is currently A ranked. As said in the OP, you need valid replays to make nominations like these so please read the post next time. Porygon-Z is a far better fit on standard offensive teams that does not take up a Mega slot, and Crawdaunt shines way more on Trick Room teams. I don't see where Mega Beedrill would fit on these rankings for these reasons.

machamp unranked => C-. While terrible on his own he does make contributions to some teams. He allows the attackers to pack more of a punch with magma storm, thunder, blizzard, and no stone edge or focus blast misses. He also allows the select few mons who get it, to use the move zap cannon. zap cannon has tremendous power and the benefit of paralyzing 100% of the time. he would be useful to surge surfer teams for thunder and zap cannon is the main reason he should be ranked but not high due to being bad on his own.
If any No Guard user were to be ranked, it would be Mega Pidgeot or Doublade. Machamp is simply a horrible Pokemon and No Guard has significantly better users.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Jirachi : Unranked ==> C / C+

Jirachi is imo the best Serene Grace giver, an ability who can be pretty useful both offensively and defensively. Offensively because it can makes some stats-lowering or flinshing moves even more interesting. Defensively to trigger more efficiently some useful second effects like scald's burn or discharge's paralysis. I think Jirachi is the most decent user of serene grace for it's polyvalence. It has a good bulk and some offensive presence too. It as a great typing, a great movepool with support and offensive moves and it can just spam iron head while his opponents just cry in pain.

To chime in on the Hydreigon situation, I believe that it is worthy of C+ largely due to the merit of its Dark typing. Having a strong Dark type is quite crucial in this meta to put a hard stop to opposing Prankster and Stored Power / Power Trip shenanigans. Hydreigon also has far better coverage than Latios and can be a phenomenal wall breaker when inheriting abilities such as Adaptability and Mega Launcher.

With regards to the weather debate, I propose a ban to Swift Swim and its clones. As Funbot mentioned in her post, and myself in her replay, the thing that is really pushing weather teams overboard is that the entire team gets +2 Speed without any effort. This makes it incredibly hard to revenge kill or regain momentum against these wall breakers on steroids, especially when combined with Tapu Lele. Lele Rain practically forces you to try and tank a Weather + Adaptability boosted nuke just to have a shot at scraping a mon.
Weather itself is quite cool though, adding things like innate resistances and other affects such as the healing, accuracy and power of certain moves, and still triggering abilities such as Solar Power, Harvest, Hydration, Dray Skin, Sand Force, Ice Body, etc. These are all interesting and healthy abilities, but the thing making weather so hard to play against is the immense Speed that is too easily obtainable compared to other methods such as Unburden.
Hence I propose the consideration of banning Swift Swim, Chlorophyl, Sand Rush, Slush Rush and even Surge Surfer. Remember that mons like Kingdra can still run Swift Swim.

Also while I'm here I may as well share a team and give a little thought towards the VR.

The main idea of this team is to act primarily as a stall team, the combination of Stamina, Marvel Scale, and Intimidate gives the team a bucket load of free Defence, allowing Milotic to become a killer mixed wall and Clefable to become a god tier win con with Calm Mind. Toxic Heal makes triggering Marvel Scale viable and allows me to go without Magic Guard as it prevents status damage and heals off other forms of chip damage. Unaware is way too good to pass up on stall as it shuts down all boosting sweepers and wall breakers bar Stored Power Trip. To deal with opposing stall I've given Gyarados its Mega Stone alongside Sub DD so that it can go Mold Breaker and try to break through, while Clefable also has Stored Power which is a nice way around Unaware, particularly when combined with Stamina. Weavile takes up the last team slot and is the mandatory Dark type to check Prankster and Stored Power, it also provides the team with Pressure which combined with Poison Heal and three Protects is quite deadly. Weavile is also able to revenge kill threats to the team with its dual STAB, being extremely good at that role due to Ice Shard and Pursuit too.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7sharedpower-199505
Mudsdale @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Roost

Milotic @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Dragon Tail
- Scald
- Recover

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Clefable @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Moonblast

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

So talking VR, I'm going to stick with my team for now.
Mudsdale is the one that I think is most deserving of a substantial rise. Stamina is actually a crazy good ability that can surprisingly work on any archetype, I use it on Semi-Stall but Balance also works with increasing difficulty to revenge kill, and it is also absurd on Stored Power/Power Trip orientated teams. Then the pokemon itself is actually quite strong in a meta where it can either get some recovery built into its kit, or just hit super hard with Earthquake, Close Combat and Heavy Slam. I'd push for this thing to be B-.
Gliscor is honestly fine in C+ but I would also consider B-.
Milotic I feel like you forgot about but should definitely be ranked for its ability Competitive. Not that awesome as a pokemon though, probably C.
Gyarados and its Mega are fair.
Clefable is bang on S.
Weavile is really, really hurt by the Speed wars at the moment so I'd keep it at C+, but if something is done about Weather then I could see this rising quite substantially.

Last edited:
I don't see what Hydreigon does differently from Latios. You need to go in-depth with this if you really want it to be considered, since Latios literally does these things, and Mega Latias is ranked as well.
2 things he does differently. Better on sheer force teams due to fire blast focus blast earth power and dark pulse. Being a dark type because prankster.

Beedrill is nowhere near as good as Porygon-Z which is currently A ranked. As said in the OP, you need valid replays to make nominations like these so please read the post next time. Porygon-Z is a far better fit on standard offensive teams that does not take up a Mega slot, and Crawdaunt shines way more on Trick Room teams. I don't see where Mega Beedrill would fit on these rankings for these reasons.
Sorry about not including a replay but i have a couples of reasons for mega beedrill > porygon z. Having a dedicated lead mon is valuable. Not horrible against teams with quagsire (I'm assuming you are talking about z conversion otherwise mega beedrill is just better anyway). U turning after koing against annoying intimidate teams. Being 4x resistant to focus blast which might be my team specifically but still useful. Of course craw is better on tr teams tho.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7sharedpower-200436

If any No Guard user were to be ranked, it would be Mega Pidgeot or Doublade. Machamp is simply a horrible Pokemon and No Guard has significantly better users.
mega pidgeot feels like a waste of a mega but yeah your right doublade would be better.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
why not harvest+cheek pouch+gluttony+unaware+drought

there needs to be a inverse of moldbreaker which ignores offensive abilities so tough claws does not work and such
Having to use Rest defeats the purpose of healing as you do other things. Sturdy replaces the need for Unaware, as no matter what they hit you with (unless a multi hit move), you will survive.
Afterall, Guts, Hustle, Adaptability, Tough Claws, Sheer Force, etc. also boost power without giving a +1 stat boost.
As those stack, as well as Life Orb, Choice Band/Specs, it’s about survivability as soon as they attack, regardless of boosts.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 76 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn

Heracross @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

Braviary @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- Protect

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Belly Drum
- Quick Attack

Tapu Koko @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Taunt

Raichu-Alola @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
Jolly Nature
- Volt Tackle
- Facade
- Brick Break
- Protect

As for the team itself... well, it kinda speaks for itself, doesn't it?

+1 252 Atk Guts Braviary Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Cresselia: 318-375 (71.6 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery <<< And keep in mind, that's not a boost you can ignore with Unaware. It's just Toxic Boost on top of the Guts.

I prefer Electric Terrain +Surge Surfer over Quick Feet because +1 Speed won't cut it in a meta where you can easily give whole teams 2x Speed. For comparison, Adamant +1 Haxorus hits 439 Speed, while Adamant Tyranitar with Sand Rush hits 442. It also has the added benefit of functioning reliably vs. opposing weather, albeit not so much vs. opposing Tapus.

One last thing... y'all out here with sand teams but not running Sand Veil? Are missing out.
Don’t forget Marvel Scale, the only unrestricted way to boost Defense.
Also, Psycho Shift on a team member may be an option, it removes any other status (such as Sleep from their Rest), and forces a Poison Status. Cresselia with Levitate has it.

Don’t forget Marvel Scale, the only unrestricted way to boost Defense.
Also, Psycho Shift on a team member may be an option, it removes any other status (such as Sleep from their Rest), and forces a Poison Status. Cresselia with Levitate has it.
Where? Where on the team is there room for Psycho Shift or Marvel Scale? In the case of Marvel Scale, assuming Guts+Toxic Boost+PHeal is left intact, I have to either give up Defiant support from a STAB Facade user or the team's only method of speed control in favor of... Milotic. Which apart from giving the team Defense boosts that they can't effectively utilize cuz they ain't fat, doesn't DO anything. The only way I could find room for Psycho Shift on the team would be like, Honchkrow > Braviary (and Moxie+Stab Koff is kinda neat), and even that's a tradeoff cuz Honch is frailer, doesn't have a STAB Facade, and doesn't give Defiant support to curbstomp Intimidate teams rather than lose to them.

This is all ignoring the fact that, uh, the team's damage output is utterly massive and it has reliable +2 Speed for all members. It's offense. Why should I dedicate a team slot to tanking attacks from Pokemon that I outspeed and OHKO anyways? Why should I try to spread status and be disruptive when just attacking will pressure the opponent more than status ever would? Even Taunt on Tapu Koko was a concession I made to not lose to Harvest teams.

On to actual options to shore up actual team flaws, opposing weather can be kind of a tossup depending on how fast their sweepers are. Cloud Nine Lickilicky > Braviary is a substantial downgrade in terms of damage output and sweeping capability, but will also neuter those teams severely. I'll have to do some testing.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Where? Where on the team is there room for Psycho Shift or Marvel Scale? In the case of Marvel Scale, assuming Guts+Toxic Boost+PHeal is left intact, I have to either give up Defiant support from a STAB Facade user or the team's only method of speed control in favor of... Milotic. Which apart from giving the team Defense boosts that they can't effectively utilize cuz they ain't fat, doesn't DO anything. The only way I could find room for Psycho Shift on the team would be like, Honchkrow > Braviary (and Moxie+Stab Koff is kinda neat), and even that's a tradeoff cuz Honch is frailer, doesn't have a STAB Facade, and doesn't give Defiant support to curbstomp Intimidate teams rather than lose to them.

This is all ignoring the fact that, uh, the team's damage output is utterly massive and it has reliable +2 Speed for all members. It's offense. Why should I dedicate a team slot to tanking attacks from Pokemon that I outspeed and OHKO anyways? Why should I try to spread status and be disruptive when just attacking will pressure the opponent more than status ever would? Even Taunt on Tapu Koko was a concession I made to not lose to Harvest teams.

On to actual options to shore up actual team flaws, opposing weather can be kind of a tossup depending on how fast their sweepers are. Cloud Nine Lickilicky > Braviary is a substantial downgrade in terms of damage output and sweeping capability, but will also neuter those teams severely. I'll have to do some testing.
Please don’t be rude, your tone is condescending, in a brand new metagame.
It discourages people from wanting to read or respond to it, which reflects on you...

Doesn’t the Flying Type not get the boost from Electric Terrain since it is immune to Terrains? Same with Surge Surfer?

Latios and Latias get it as well, Latias can definitely take hits, and having Poison Heal benefits her, just as much as Levitate benefits both of your Electric Pokémon being hit by EQ...

Or if you prefer, maybe just Quick Feet, but I know you oppose that. Least it doesn’t require 2 Pokémon slots to boost speed...

Last edited:
Lots of news everyone!

The USUM Shared Power Viability Rankings are offically out! Keep in mind that these rankings are nowhere near final, and suggestions are welcome. Do use this thread to discuss and make nominations!
Garchomp should be on here somewhere but I'm not sure exactly where and don't feel comfortable making any assertions without replays. That being said, it lends Sand Veil/Sand Force (Mega) to sand teams, which the VR council has clearly deemed a substantial threat, and can lend Rough Skin to other teams to deter physical attackers. It's not as good as Excadrill, but it deserves a spot.

Weavile should be higher IMO. While it doesn't lend much, it's one of the best receivers of offensive abilities I've seen in thanks to it's good STAB options and fantastic speed stat. I'll try to report back with replays sometime in the future.

I don't get why Megarupt is higher than Nidoking. If M-Beedrill gets snubbed for taking up a mega slot as opposed to GonZ or Crawdaunt, Megarupt should get the same treatment viewed against Nido. Nido also has superior coverage and speed. While Megarupt functions better on Trick Room teams, Nidoking is a better all purpose Sheer Force donor. I think it at least belongs in B- along with Megarupt.

I genuinely believe Toxapex should, amazingly, not be A. Regenerator is a great ability but with the prevalence of Magic Guard, Toxapex still struggles due to it's passivity and doesn't fit well onto offensive teams, which is all this meta really has.

Tapu Fini... I don't think should be listed at all. Misty Terrain is almost completely outclassed by Magic Guard and Fini itself doesn't have any unique moves that would really make it the best option in most situations. Unless your team specifically calls for a Water/Fairy type, I don't see the point.

Honestly I think this viability ranking is too much too fast, but we'll get there with some tweaks/more playtesting, thanks for all your hard work so far on what's currently my favourite meta Haaku.

No? Trace is cool and all but it's not any better than in standard and forgoes a more synergic ability you could use in that teamslot. It only copies the opponents primary ability if that's what you were worried about.

I'm sorry if this is irrelevant or not allowed

But I just wanted to ask, this is the fastest growing om thread we had in a while right? I mean it already reached 150+ replies in such a short period when some oms take months till they reach like 200, and here we are already nearing those numbers. I'm glad this om is so successful lol, here's for hoping for it to win in jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)