Tournament Shared Power Unity [Round 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by The Immortal

U - N - I - T - Y

Hello everyone! I’m here to bring you the first ever Shared Power tournament. Before I get into this, I want to thank the unreal amount of support that this meta has received in under 2 months, and it’s thanks to you all that this is happening on the main server. The purpose of this tournament is to encourage the usage of different types in a vastly unexplored metagame while our ladder is fresh and new. With all that aside, I’m even more excited to host this tournament! Here is everything you need to know about Shared Power Unity.​

• The tournament will be best-of-ONE.
  • Every round, an ability will be posted in the OP of the new thread. You MUST bring a team with the ability selected each round or you will be disqualified. For example, if the ability selected in the first round is “Illuminate” then everyone participating in the round must bring a team with an Illuminate Pokemon.
  • The tournament will be single elimination.
  • If an ability like "Prankster" is assigned, then you MAY use Mega Banette. However, you may NOT use Mega Sableye.
Round 1: Surge's Up

Psychic Surge!
The first round is finally here! You guys should already know the rules by now, but it goes without saying. You need to use a Pokemon with Psychic Surge in order for your game to count! If you don't, you WILL be disqualified. Round 1 matchups are posted below; you will have 7 Days to complete your games. Please finish games in a timely manner. Any issues regarding activity or the opponent not bringing the appropiate ability are to be posted on this thread. Without further ado, here are the matchups, randomized by myself:

iLlama vs Rock and Steel
Lugia Proto vs roman
TGC Disunited vs that ivy guy
W0rm vs Halliday
charizard8888 vs Shoopz_Whisper
tyrantytar vs marthaa
Whitephoenixace vs The Excadrill
psychest vs Gravity Monkey
pileosand vs Tom Copson
Anaconja vs Moosical
Decemm vs losedude
DatHeatmor vs pazza
Magikingdra vs Knuckstrike
entrocefalo vs Akumeoy
Jrsmash9 vs YuguY
ara vs alephgalactus
Hassin627 vs Exploudit
FlowerOfDeath vs pooyou123456789q

Something else I need to get out of the way: because 40 people joined the tournament, the tournament will go from 40, to 20, to 10, to 5 people. 2 of those 5 will have to play a preliminary match in order to advance. I will randomize this and show proof to avoid any problems, but is this the most efficient way of running this tournament since we don't have a perfect bracket. That's all!

Last edited:
(don't use these "in"s...yet...maybe...) in the example used in the OP, does using mega banette require that the first time you send it in, to mega evolve instantly? or can you pseudo-play around the rule of using prankster by just not mega evolving. While this obviously may be less beneficial for banette, team-wide insomnia could be usable and neuter the entire point of the tournament. It could also be perfectly legitimate. If you, for some reason, are REALLY scared of your opponents pursuit trapper, and don't want to send in banette, that makes sense, but you might not get your mega off bc you would have to be in for a turn, to which they can then switch into their trapper. while this is all very specific, my concern is that you can meander around the ruling until the last turn.

TL:DR what if the banette player listed in the OP's example doesn't mega evolve?

(don't use these "in"s...yet...maybe...) in the example used in the OP, does using mega banette require that the first time you send it in, to mega evolve instantly? or can you pseudo-play around the rule of using prankster by just not mega evolving. While this obviously may be less beneficial for banette, team-wide insomnia could be usable and neuter the entire point of the tournament. It could also be perfectly legitimate. If you, for some reason, are REALLY scared of your opponents pursuit trapper, and don't want to send in banette, that makes sense, but you might not get your mega off bc you would have to be in for a turn, to which they can then switch into their trapper. while this is all very specific, my concern is that you can meander around the ruling until the last turn.

TL:DR what if the banette player listed in the OP's example doesn't mega evolve?
Solid point, so for the sake of consistency, if you choose a Mega Pokemon, you have to Mega Evolve as soon as you select a move with your Mega Pokemon. I'll add this to the OP. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)