Metagame Shared Power

Of the defensive abilities, I think Stamina should go...offense needs really specific tools to beat Stamina teams.
I don't think Stamina is the most broken defensive ability, but I agree that it required specific preparation. What I would say is that in the absence of Stamina, Dragapult gets even stronger as its weakest matchup is removed. I'd like to see Dragapult banned alongside Stamina.

Edit: I'd also like to see Queenly Majesty go potentially, since immunity to priority means that Sturdy + Heavy Duty Boots teams often win from team preview with their Shell Smasher versus HO. This still leaves Psychic Surge but at least that ability has some workarounds.

Last edited:
Of the defensive abilities, I think Stamina should go. Yes there are ways to invalidate it, such as Haze. There are also moves like Darkest Lariat and Sacred Sword, but they are weakened by Fluffy and easily Pressure stalled. You can also run Long Reach or Protective Pads to deal with Fluffy, but that adds to my point. Stall doesn’t need Stamina to function effectively. However, offense needs really specific tools to beat Stamina teams.

I’d like to hear from the playerbase on this.
Stamina is the only good counter for Skill Link teams, without Stamina how the heck we are going to counter Technician + Skill Link?

And I want to clarify, that it isn't an effective Counter 100% of the time for Skill Link Teams, because if a pokemon gets a good chance to Shell Smash a couple of times, the Stamina mon is dead, but that's the point, it depends on how the two players play. You could answer me then we ban Skill Link later, but uh, are we really going to get to a point where we ban one ability, this powers another ability, we ban that one, and so this goes on in an endless cycle util we run out of abilities?

I understand that it is normally considered incorrect to argue against a ban talking about how 'this' would cause 'that', but I consider correct to mention it in this context.

because Fluffly counters Darkest Lariat and Sacred Sword but doesn't counter Skill Link, Stamina counters Skill Link but doesn't counter Darkest Lariat and Sacred Sword, and I think that tells us, at most we should ban both used together, but not each one individually.

Leaving that line of thought aside, Stamina isn't such a great ability all the time, it depends on an action by your opponent to activate, and at the end of the day is only +1 in Defense with each hit, many times my Stamina team was completely destroyed by Dracovish and Dracozolt who are a whole problem apart.

What I'm trying to say, that I haven't seen exactly how Stamina is supposed to be a ability that the Stall teams are supposed to have abused, Regenerator seems to me to have helped them a lot more than Stamina did in fact, and without Stamina, we are only going to go to another situation where another ability becomes too strong, in this case Skill Link.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think this meta has become a bit too ban heavy?

anyway im loving using dragon darts dragapult. super strong with hustle/adaptabiliy. Hits through fluffy and is spammable with lack of fairies
Also I'v been running sacred sword terrak (band/protective pads) to counter body press/stamina/fluffy builds but if anyone know a better counter let me know. darkest larait might be another option

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
I'm fine with complex banning Still Link + Technician.
I haven't had the chance to play in a few days, but it may be worth considering complex banning Skill Link + Stench as well. Not sure how prevalent this type of build has been as of late but it's simply a completely uncompetitive combination that could easily present an issue with the removal of Stamina.

Of the defensive abilities, I think Stamina should go. Yes there are ways to invalidate it, such as Haze. There are also moves like Darkest Lariat and Sacred Sword, but they are weakened by Fluffy and easily Pressure stalled. You can also run Long Reach or Protective Pads to deal with Fluffy, but that adds to my point. Stall doesn’t need Stamina to function effectively. However, offense needs really specific tools to beat Stamina teams.

I don't see the issue with Stamina. The issue I see with what you're saying is Pressure.

Also, definitely believe if anything stall related should go it should be regen. I LOVE IT, but endless battles should not be a thing, period. But should be Pressure or Regen or a complex ban?

I'm fine with complex banning Still Link + Technician.
As iLlama says, if you are thinking of doing that, the flinching issue should still be addressed. I think that's more of an issue atm then the power of Technician and Skill Link.

I also wanted to say, I'm glad bans are being made, but I'm seeing this going the same way it went with Gen7. We need to be more creative with teams and I am as upset as others are that Guts is gone specifically, that's half my teams rendered useless now, but it's a good thing! There's tonnes of pokes and abilities to use and maybe this meta may evolve into something even better!

:)

i got tired of losing so i made this team
i need help improving

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 232 HP / 228 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spite
- Grudge
- Haze
- Pain Split

Sableye @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spite
- Encore
- Magic Coat
- Will-O-Wisp

Dubwool @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Endure
- Body Press
- Protect

Reuniclus @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Pain Split
- Acid Armor
- Toxic

Chandelure @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Spite
- Clear Smog
- Flamethrower
- Night Shade

Frosmoth @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Ice Scales
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Struggle Bug
- Quiver Dance
- Infestation
- Giga Drain

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8sharedpower-1101057153

Last edited:

I do not think Stamina should go. My reasoning is that there is a lot of more for it than Darkest and Sacred.
Hopefully if you are reading this and can understand my train of thought you are open to change your mind if you think Stamina is broken. If anyone wants to refute my points as well please do but please refrain from dismissing my valid arguments with opinions.
With Guts+Flare (referred to as just guts from now on) banned, there is now a large number of HO subsets that you can run and be viable since you do not worry about being outsped. Most guts users make physical contact, and do not have an open item/mon slot for non-contact. In this way, guts being gone actually nerfs Stamina by allowing creative workarounds. Here are a couple of physical mon combinations just off the top of my head that actually work against stamina now, please try these too:

1. Adapt, Protective Pads, Hustle- Dracozolt/Dracovish
2. SD, Hustle/Adapt, Sand Force- Excadrill
3. Band/Scarf, Sand Force, Hustle- Terrakion
4. SD, Long Reach, Adapt- Crawdaunt
5. Band, Trick, Hustle- Golurk
6. Taunt/Sub, DD, Adapt- Gyarados
7. Sand Force, Adapt, Life Orb- Durant

In 5 minutes I have made a grouping of 7 mons that runs through stall requiring just minimal support, and I can explain why that is.
This is coming from the fact that you as the HO player control the Stamina boosts. I cannot tell you how many Skill Link players will 5 hit your Stamina mons knowing it will give you max def boosts and lose. They have made no preparation for it, and they make no effort to outplay. You know who wins? The guy that slowly brings in his band Terrakion/Draco/Dragapult and presses one move to 2HKO the entire opposing team, Fluffy or not.
There have been many games where I can beat any stall on just team preview because they only have Stamina as their only physical defense, it is weak.
I play a lot of HO and I understand a lot of the frustration comes from the combination of Stamina+Fluffy+Regen+Pressure(this last one in particular) core. Personally I do not think any of them should go, but I am open minded. I am not clear yet on which of these 4 deserves a ban if at all, but I am convinced that it is not Stamina.
The clear difference but something actually ban-worthy like Fur Coat and Stamina is that there is plethora of glaring work arounds that players are simply not incorporating. Barely anyone is using crit moves, or overpowering with set up/good ability stacking. Most (not all) of the anti-Stamina arguments amount to "I can't use my favorite meme mons anymore."
As a strong meme mon advocate brother, I feel your pain. But we have finally reached a point of balance where it's time to get creative and good. Otherwise what happened last year will happen again, and we will have this endless teeter totter of bans that tips from stall to HO to stall again. I would like to make simply a prediction of the bans that would happen subsequently to a Stamina ban. This is my infamous slippery slope argument but here it goes again lol: you ban Stamina, Skill Link will go next, Regen after, Hustle/Adapt next, and so on back and forth until we run out of month.

Tldr: we are at a really good balance point and you guys can totally beat Stamina

Current thing with Stamina is that it helps keep some skill link + technician teams under control. If Stamina goes, there is the potential that skill link runs the metagame. Granted, skill link tech took hits losing mega-beedrill and automatic all abilities at start. But assuming skill link tech runs more wild with stamina gone, then that likely gets banned for over-centralizing and power, similar to last gen. With skill link tech banned, now Queenly Majesty + Sturdy + heavy duty boots (and + weak armor would be a good addition) then become very strong since the only viable moves to break it are dragon darts and to a lesser extent gear grind. This would likely lead to ban of sturdy as well. It would all follow a path similar to last gen. Stall seems mroe under control as compared to before with the workarounds to fluffy, so stamina would heavily tip to offense again.

Current thing with Stamina is that it helps keep some skill link + technician teams under control. If Stamina goes, there is the potential that skill link runs the metagame. Granted, skill link tech took hits losing mega-beedrill and automatic all abilities at start. But assuming skill link tech runs more wild with stamina gone, then that likely gets banned for over-centralizing and power, similar to last gen. With skill link tech banned, now Queenly Majesty + Sturdy + heavy duty boots (and + weak armor would be a good addition) then become very strong since the only viable moves to break it are dragon darts and to a lesser extent gear grind. This would likely lead to ban of sturdy as well. It would all follow a path similar to last gen. Stall seems mroe under control as compared to before with the workarounds to fluffy, so stamina would heavily tip to offense again.
I agree with this in in saying that it's like a circle of weaknesses. Stamina can beat skill link, skill link can beat general HO teams, and team sweepers team such as technician dragapult beat stamina. Stamina can be worked around with the massive set of moves that invalidate it. SpA focused teams are not something that iv'e heard so far but that is a no-brainer to beat stamina. I think it's pretty balanced.

Please stop banning defensive abilities if you're not going to unban Fur Coat. The meta is already 100% offensively oriented even if the playerbase isn't there yet, and aren't running the efficient counter teams yet to the only variation of stall of stall that has a chance. Banning stamina wont hurt the meta much simply because stamina is a trash ability that doesnt aid at all in surviving a singular hit, but it does kill the skill link match-up which was the only match-up stall still consistently won.

None of the offense bans so far have actually addressed this massive gap that's been created by a ban that simply was not needed.

(posted in bug reports thread before, got told to move here)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8sharedpower-1101527955

In Shared Power, Rattled is not activating on Intimidate except when the original user is out - afaik, Rattled isn't banned or complex banned in any way. The intended effect here is that Rattled should activate on anyone (when active) in Shared Power when they get Intimidate'd.
This is a very good point. I can't see why it isn't activating every time, anyone know?

Please stop banning defensive abilities if you're not going to unban Fur Coat. The meta is already 100% offensively oriented even if the playerbase isn't there yet, and aren't running the efficient counter teams yet to the only variation of stall of stall that has a chance. Banning stamina wont hurt the meta much simply because stamina is a trash ability that doesnt aid at all in surviving a singular hit, but it does kill the skill link match-up which was the only match-up stall still consistently won.

None of the offense bans so far have actually addressed this massive gap that's been created by a ban that simply was not needed.
I do see a fair few stall based teams still, but HO is definitely more common, but it doesn't mean that stall can't be effectively used.

I also think we should leave the meta alone for a a few days to see what is truly OP at the moment, if anything.

This is a very good point. I can't see why it isn't activating every time, anyone know?

I do see a fair few stall based teams still, but HO is definitely more common, but it doesn't mean that stall can't be effectively used.

I also think we should leave the meta alone for a a few days to see what is truly OP at the moment, if anything.

Show me this stall that magically beat offense. I want to see it and verify with my own eyes it's not the offense player being oblivious about the meta and how to handle balance/offense. Otherwise I simply cannot believe that.

Show me this stall that magically beat offense. I want to see it and verify with my own eyes it's not the offense player being oblivious about the meta and how to handle balance/offense. Otherwise I simply cannot believe that.
He's not saying that stall can magically beat offense, that's not the goal. He's saying you can still effectively use stall and still win a lot of matches. I keep my accounts top 5 with stall, so you saying that everything is 100% offense is not right. I like stall too but you are not making true statements.
I will agree with you that any solid player can beat stall with preparation, but the ladder is not good players. So yes, it is players being oblivious about how to handle stall, but luckily that's like 80% of players to begin with. You can still effectively use stall against most team archetypes.
I will also agree that Fur Coat ban greatly decreased the viability of stall, but it is not gone or unplayable by any stretch.
Here are some of my teams, I am sure you personally can think of 3 or 4 mons that easily dismantle them but I can play them well enough to be consistent on high ladder:
Dusclops Stall
https://pokepast.es/d1d679891192ff1a
Sticky Hold Stall
https://pokepast.es/46a00fb22be328b4
Snorlax Stall
https://pokepast.es/3f1dd8dde1e7522f

And yes, it's easy to say Chandelure beats this one, Crawdaunt beats this one, Terrakion this one: but you have no way of knowing which of the 3 I'm pulling up with. Even if you are a really good player ready for stall, there's a 50/50 you're not ready for my exact team composition every time.

Keep in mind that I strongly advocate for Stamina to stay, it is good. It's weak and easy to bypass, but it is good on stall. It most certainly helps you survive hits, and not just from Skill Link teams. Play with my Sticky Hold team if you don't agree. You will lose to well prepared strong physical mons, but you also can win if you play well; which is the most important part.

Last edited:
This team is proving effective atm:
https://pokepast.es/71df913a41159136

I've also seen rain and hail stall which is difficult to get through for certain HO teams.

He's not saying that stall can magically beat offense, that's not the goal. He's saying you can still effectively use stall and still win a lot of matches. I keep my accounts top 5 with stall, so you saying that everything is 100% offense is not right. I like stall too but you are not making true statements.

Exactly! That's what I'm saying. Don't get me wrong, HO is imo more effective atm, but stall is not dead at all.

I feel like it's becoming harder to make checks to teams atm because of the diversity and creativity in teambuilding, which is what should happen in a meta. If you can guarantee that out of 5 battles, you will see 4 Dragapult's, then something's wrong, but atm I see a variety of pokemon which is amazing!

Top The Shared Power Ladder In Style With These 5 Underrated Mons
This shamelessly Buzzfeed-style article is sure to get your creative juices flowing.

1. Darmanitan :darmanitan:
Our favorite ape is back to torch the Fluffy teams on ladder. Band Darm packs a serious punch, and as a nice aside it roids up your team with Sheer Force. No longer will your Dragapult's Steel Wing fail to KO fairies. It can even cripple a wall with Trick versus those pesky stall teams that don't crumble to Flare Blitz. And would you want to stare down those eyebrows? Yeah, me neither.

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Trick
- Toxic

2. Kommo-o :kommo-o:
The clangorous dragon is back in a big way. Pair it with a Scrappy user and this ankylosaurus will Iron Defense and Rock Polish its way to a Body Press sweep. And if you ever come across one of those irritating Sylveon Toxtricity Boomburst teams, Soundproof stops them dead in their tracks. But what Scrappy user to pair it with...

Kommo-o @ Protective Pads
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Body Press
- Rock Polish
- Iron Defense
- Taunt

3. Sirfetch'd :sirfetchd:
The vegetable warlord Sirfetch'd lets your Bewears, Kommo-os, and Snorlaxes hit the Dragapults and Dusclopses and Doublades of the world. The ducc hits like a trucc with Close Combat and First Impressions everything faster than it. Resists are no issue with Final Gambit in the back. Always bring a sharpened leek to a food fight.

Sirfetch'd @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- First Impression
- Final Gambit
- Steel Wing

4. Delibird :delibird:
Christmas is coming early this year with HO (or should I say HO HO HO)'s new favorite Spiker. This off-meta anti-lead will make sure you start the battle right with plenty of hazards and the opponent under pressure. Live life on the edge spamming Hustle boosted Rapid Spins, or pair with your No Guard mon of choice and enjoy 1.5x-boosted physical attacks free of charge. And did I mention Ice Shard is one of the best options to revenge kill Dragapult?

Delibird @ Focus Sash
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Destiny Bond
- Ice Shard

5. Polteageist :polteageist:
If you like free wins versus hyper offense, Polteageist is your cup of tea. Shell Smash sweepers are always in style in a metagame where Queenly Majesty prevents priority, and Polteageist kicks things up a notch with Weak Armor + Endure, turning the tables on greedy Dragon Darters.

Polteageist @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Endure
- Shell Smash
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power

You've seen the sets, now it's time to sauce up your teams and hit the ladder! Remember to like, subscribe, and smash that bell icon for more Shared Power content.

Last edited:
I will agree with you that any solid player can beat stall with preparation, but the ladder is not good players. So yes, it is players being oblivious about how to handle stall, but luckily that's like 80% of players to begin with. You can still effectively use stall against most team archetypes.
I will also agree that Fur Coat ban greatly decreased the viability of stall, but it is not gone or unplayable by any stretch.
Here are some of my teams, I am sure you personally can think of 3 or 4 mons that easily dismantle them but I can play them well enough to be consistent on high ladder:
Dusclops Stall
Sticky Hold Stall
Snorlax Stall

And yes, it's easy to say Chandelure beats this one, Crawdaunt beats this one, Terrakion this one: but you have no way of knowing which of the 3 I'm pulling up with. Even if you are a really good player ready for stall, there's a 50/50 you're not ready for my exact team composition every time.

Keep in mind that I strongly advocate for Stamina to stay, it is good. It's weak and easy to bypass, but it is good on stall. It most certainly helps you survive hits, and not just from Skill Link teams. Play with my Sticky Hold team if you don't agree. You will lose to well prepared strong physical mons, but you also can win if you play well; which is the most important part.
People seem to serious be confusing "nothing is balanced" with "the meta is balanced".
The goal isn't that you "win 50% of your games because the other 50% is bad match-up", that's not a healthy state for a meta to be in and it's exactly what it is right now, except the entire meta match-ups are decided by singular mons.
What's worse is that the entire idea that stall is good still only stems from a complete incapability of people to just use special mons. Most stall variants (which I built 80% of, so, I happen to know how they work ty) straight up 6-0 to a strong earth power user; which is very easy to get given that anything can donate sheer force.

Using the teams that were supplied as examples:

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Sirfetch'd: 196-231 (59.7 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (go figure what it deals to the rest of the team (hint: It's a lot.), better yet, thanks to No guard being on every team, a kyurem running focus blast has 0 risk of missing anyways. Ice Beam / Draco (or Dragon P)/ Earth Power/ Focus doesn't just beat this team on its own, it annihilates it. The only thing that remotely has a shot is chandy, which assumes there's no rocks as it straight up just dies if there's rocks out to earth power.

Dusclops Stall
Long reach.

Sticky Hold Stall
This should really be called "General Stamina Stall" since that's all it is, but whatever: Zeraora being who it is and hustleguard still being legal, added to the fact that Dhelmise, RIllaboom, Tsareena and Flapple are all out there as very potent threats, add up to "lul this team dead."
That's the whole issue with Stamina. I see mudsdale, I just play passive until there's a good opening. Gastrodon can't bulk out the team due to the permanent threat of strong grass type moves, Corv can't safely come in because it gets clean ohko'd by any electric move under sheer force, mudsdale similarly cannot handle the threat of SF LO Eball hitting it in the face twice.

"snorlax stall"
Apart from the fact this team tries to cheese fluffy + ice scales by me when that shouldn't be legal under the same idea as fur coat (which fur coat got unjustly banned for); this is a nice 6-0 loss to the same sheer force team's physical offensive mon. Have a pick who that is. This team simply doesn't have the bulk to live 2 heavy hitting special mons that can tag out into a physical SF user with EQ and a fighting type move. Let's say Terrakion for the sake of not leaving it blank. Let's say I bring Terrakion in against... Coalossal. Set up the SD, enjoy the clean sweep.
Bring it in against snorlax (why would I know it has whirlwind)? Enjoy the CC ko because long reach/PPads ignores your defensive bonus anyways.
Bring it in against Frosmoth? Bye frosmoth
Mareanie? 252 Atk Terrakion Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Mareanie: 140-166 (46 - 54.6%) -- 58.2% chance to 2HKO (note this is without LO)

I don't need to say "bring this bring that bring this", my general sheer force team beats all four.
Guess why? Because stall has no outs to a team that pressures you on both sides at once and doesn't have the slots to actually prepare for that due to needing Stamina + Fluffy (which is useless thanks to LR), Ice scales (hello Terrakion), or a combination of the three (in which case you have 3 slots left to build a team that tanks Kyurem + Terrakion + Decidueye)

Darmanitan/Kyurem/Terrakion/Decidueye and I have 2 slots left unused. Could make one of those dear old Zeraora to pressure gastrodon + Corv better. Or Rotom-Mow, which just keeps them both under wraps. Either's fine, I think I prefer mow's utility there. I don't even have to care about abilities for the most part. Mow's Levitate is nice, Decidueye is important, Justified is bad but so what, and Pressure is pressure. My last 2 slots can be any ability I want to aid me because my 4 mons already beat what I want to beat.

You can say "but we're not saying it should beat well-built offense" but that's the whole point. If stall cannot beat well built offense without having to go completely out of its way to running a 33% chance counter team, that shows exactly that stall is being majorly disadvantaged by the bans that have taken place for no reason.

The team comp I mentioned isn't even good or optimal, it's just 3 mons that can walz over most stall on their own, with the presumed help of whatever aid you want to run. Fur coat decreased verstallity in the meta, forcing stall to run that moronic horse that nobody likes, making bewear an almost must-carry despite its massive flaws, makes a flash fire mon nearly mandatory, and still requires frosmoth to handle the special side because otherwise you get walzed over (still do but w/e) by most special sweepers. That's nearing 4 slots for what, to not autolose? While Offense gets to run Hustle Adap No Guard Tough Claws/SJ/IF/Steelworker for free given their users are menaces on their own.

Stall is in a terrible position because a completely unnecessary ban.

This shamelessly Buzzfeed-style article is sure to get your creative juices flowing.

Our favorite ape is back to torch the Fluffy teams on ladder. Band Darm packs a serious punch, and as a nice aside it roids up your team with Sheer Force. No longer will your Dragapult's Steel Wing fail to KO fairies. It can even cripple a wall with Trick versus those pesky stall teams that don't crumble to Flare Blitz. And would you want to stare down those eyebrows? Yeah, me neither.

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Trick
- Toxic

The clangorous dragon is back in a big way. Pair it with a Scrappy user and this ankylosaurus will Iron Defense and Rock Polish its way to a Body Press sweep. And if you ever come across one of those irritating Sylveon Toxtricity Boomburst teams, Soundproof stops them dead in their tracks. But what Scrappy user to pair it with...

Jolly Nature
- Body Press
- Rock Polish
- Iron Defense
- Taunt

The vegetable warlord Sirfetch'd lets your Bewears, Kommo-os, and Snorlaxes hit the Dragapults and Dusclopses and Doublades of the world. The ducc hits like a trucc with Close Combat and First Impressions everything faster than it. Resists are no issue with Final Gambit in the back. Always bring a sharpened leek to a food fight.

Sirfetch'd @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- First Impression
- Final Gambit
- Steel Wing

Christmas is coming early this year with HO (or should I say HO HO HO)'s new favorite Spiker. This off-meta anti-lead will make sure you start the battle right with plenty of hazards and the opponent under pressure. Live life on the edge spamming Hustle boosted Rapid Spins, or pair with your No Guard mon of choice and enjoy 1.5x-boosted physical attacks free of charge. And did I mention Ice Shard is one of the best options to revenge kill Dragapult?

Delibird @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Destiny Bond
- Ice Shard

If you like free wins versus hyper offense, Polteageist is your cup of tea. Shell Smash sweepers are always in style in a metagame where Queenly Majesty prevents priority, and Polteageist kicks things up a notch with Weak Armor + Endure, turning the tables on greedy Dragon Darters.

Polteageist @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Endure
- Shell Smash
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power

You've seen the sets, now it's time to sauce up your teams and hit the ladder! Remember to like, subscribe, and smash that bell icon for more Shared Power content.
A bit of a risk but you could give poltageist weakness policy and have it on a sturdy team. Anyway all the others seem pretty good. Great Job on coming up with them

A bit of a risk but you could give poltageist weakness policy and have it on a sturdy team. Anyway all the others seem pretty good. Great Job on coming up with them
Darm is honestly better with LO so it isn't inhabited by picking 1 move. Flare blitz still hits like a truck but you can freely uturn or superpower without locking yourself in. In a meta with a lot of ghots (decidueye, doublade, golurk, dragapult) and flash fire (chandy, coal) this is a pretty huge thing.

People seem to serious be confusing "nothing is balanced" with "the meta is balanced".
The goal isn't that you "win 50% of your games because the other 50% is bad match-up", that's not a healthy state for a meta to be in and it's exactly what it is right now, except the entire meta match-ups are decided by singular mons.
What's worse is that the entire idea that stall is good still only stems from a complete incapability of people to just use special mons. Most stall variants (which I built 80% of, so, I happen to know how they work ty) straight up 6-0 to a strong earth power user; which is very easy to get given that anything can donate sheer force.

Using the teams that were supplied as examples:

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Sirfetch'd: 196-231 (59.7 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (go figure what it deals to the rest of the team (hint: It's a lot.), better yet, thanks to No guard being on every team, a kyurem running focus blast has 0 risk of missing anyways. Ice Beam / Draco (or Dragon P)/ Earth Power/ Focus doesn't just beat this team on its own, it annihilates it. The only thing that remotely has a shot is chandy, which assumes there's no rocks as it straight up just dies if there's rocks out to earth power.

Dusclops Stall
Long reach.

Sticky Hold Stall
This should really be called "General Stamina Stall" since that's all it is, but whatever: Zeraora being who it is and hustleguard still being legal, added to the fact that Dhelmise, RIllaboom, Tsareena and Flapple are all out there as very potent threats, add up to "lul this team dead."
That's the whole issue with Stamina. I see mudsdale, I just play passive until there's a good opening. Gastrodon can't bulk out the team due to the permanent threat of strong grass type moves, Corv can't safely come in because it gets clean ohko'd by any electric move under sheer force, mudsdale similarly cannot handle the threat of SF LO Eball hitting it in the face twice.

"snorlax stall"
Apart from the fact this team tries to cheese fluffy + ice scales by me when that shouldn't be legal under the same idea as fur coat (which fur coat got unjustly banned for); this is a nice 6-0 loss to the same sheer force team's physical offensive mon. Have a pick who that is. This team simply doesn't have the bulk to live 2 heavy hitting special mons that can tag out into a physical SF user with EQ and a fighting type move. Let's say Terrakion for the sake of not leaving it blank. Let's say I bring Terrakion in against... Coalossal. Set up the SD, enjoy the clean sweep.
Bring it in against snorlax (why would I know it has whirlwind)? Enjoy the CC ko because long reach/PPads ignores your defensive bonus anyways.
Bring it in against Frosmoth? Bye frosmoth
Mareanie? 252 Atk Terrakion Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Mareanie: 140-166 (46 - 54.6%) -- 58.2% chance to 2HKO (note this is without LO)

I don't need to say "bring this bring that bring this", my general sheer force team beats all four.
Guess why? Because stall has no outs to a team that pressures you on both sides at once and doesn't have the slots to actually prepare for that due to needing Stamina + Fluffy (which is useless thanks to LR), Ice scales (hello Terrakion), or a combination of the three (in which case you have 3 slots left to build a team that tanks Kyurem + Terrakion + Decidueye)

Darmanitan/Kyurem/Terrakion/Decidueye and I have 2 slots left unused. Could make one of those dear old Zeraora to pressure gastrodon + Corv better. Or Rotom-Mow, which just keeps them both under wraps. Either's fine, I think I prefer mow's utility there. I don't even have to care about abilities for the most part. Mow's Levitate is nice, Decidueye is important, Justified is bad but so what, and Pressure is pressure. My last 2 slots can be any ability I want to aid me because my 4 mons already beat what I want to beat.

You can say "but we're not saying it should beat well-built offense" but that's the whole point. If stall cannot beat well built offense without having to go completely out of its way to running a 33% chance counter team, that shows exactly that stall is being majorly disadvantaged by the bans that have taken place for no reason.

The team comp I mentioned isn't even good or optimal, it's just 3 mons that can walz over most stall on their own, with the presumed help of whatever aid you want to run. Fur coat decreased verstallity in the meta, forcing stall to run that moronic horse that nobody likes, making bewear an almost must-carry despite its massive flaws, makes a flash fire mon nearly mandatory, and still requires frosmoth to handle the special side because otherwise you get walzed over (still do but w/e) by most special sweepers. That's nearing 4 slots for what, to not autolose? While Offense gets to run Hustle Adap No Guard Tough Claws/SJ/IF/Steelworker for free given their users are menaces on their own.

Stall is in a terrible position because a completely unnecessary ban.
I appreciate where you're coming from and I understand that special mons can break through most stall, but all I know is that I'm winning a lot of battles with my stall team and I'm winning a lot of battles with the HO teams I use. I manage fine with special mons and yes, they are the biggest threat most of the time, but when I lose, I'm outplayed by my opponent and when I win, I outplay the opponent, which to me is a somewhat balanced meta.

I'm not saying that if we ban this or unban that it wouldn't balance the meta further,I'm just saying it's not necessarily needed in my opinion (opinion being the optimal word here).

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Trick
- Toxic

Jolly Nature
- Body Press
- Rock Polish
- Iron Defense
- Taunt

Sirfetch'd @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- First Impression
- Final Gambit
- Steel Wing

Delibird @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Destiny Bond
- Ice Shard

Polteageist @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Endure
- Shell Smash
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power

I love you mengy

I appreciate where you're coming from and I understand that special mons can break through most stall, but all I know is that I'm winning a lot of battles with my stall team and I'm winning a lot of battles with the HO teams I use. I manage fine with special mons and yes, they are the biggest threat most of the time, but when I lose, I'm outplayed by my opponent and when I win, I outplay the opponent, which to me is a somewhat balanced meta.

I'm not saying that if we ban this or unban that it wouldn't balance the meta further,I'm just saying it's not necessarily needed in my opinion (opinion being the optimal word here).

dw I respect that, sorry if I came across as trying to negate or ignore your opinion!

dw I respect that, sorry if I came across as trying to negate or ignore your opinion!
No problem! :D

Also, I thought Drizzle + Rain Dish + Dry Skin were complex banned? I suggest they are, not based on the replay below, but because this is kind of insane if used with the right team (not that this team wasn't good that they were using, but if it was more stall-focused, I feel like it may be a bit too OP?

If it's not supposed to be banned, then I'll give it a test run see if it really is OP before any action needs to be taken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)