SP Shared Power - Survey at post 418

hi i got top 10 again so thought i'd share another of my teams.

Special HO (with Mewtwo and Cinderace)
https://pokepast.es/7305151fbe83c78a
:indeedee: :mewtwo: :spectrier: :chi-yu: :cinderace: :landorus:

this feels like a very standard special HO team, with obligatory Indeedee for priority protection and Psychic move-boosting, Chi-Yu to buff all special moves, Landorus to buff almost all special moves, and Spectrier to allow itself or any of its fast teammates to act as a wincon.

the mons that make this team somewhat unique are:
:cinderace: Cinderace gives the entire team Libero + acts as extra speed control + counters Webs + benefits from sheer force and psysurge
:mewtwo: Mewtwo cteams Berry teams with Unnerve as well as standard stalls with Nasty Plot

:choice-scarf: also worth noting the item choices - 3 scarfs allows me an extra slot since I don't need the typical Valiant/Bundle for Quark Drive, and synergises well with Grim Neigh. eject button on Landorus is used since its main purpose is to come in very early, get up rocks and maybe break a lead's sash - this allows you to get all your damage boosting abilities up early which gives you a strong advantage vs HO -- i think eject button should really be used more on HO in this tier.
LO on Mewtwo synergises with Sheer Force and allows it the damage output to break special walls like Blissey, Giratina and Wo-Chien. Specs on Chi-Yu is just to maximise damage output vs bulky teams/stall, since unlike Mewtwo it's probably not getting an opportunity to Nasty Plot sweep when your opponents almost always have a mon in the 100-130 speed range, so just bring it in and click as many strong attacks as you can until you faint.

Thought I'd share my hyper offence team here since I'm at 1422 (which is the best I've done in any format). This is my first post on these forums, but I'll share it since I think its pretty cool and it has 4 scarfed mons. laugh now.

https://pokepast.es/f22696204769e3cb

This team initially had kingambit as a sash rocks setter but since it was banned, sheer force lando was subbed in and works just as well if not better since sheer force is more immediate than SO and means you can just switch instead of having to sac mons to get the SO boost. The idea behind this team is to stack 4 scarf special threats on psychic terrain to outspeed the opponent and get kills quickly, allow them to die and stack their abilities for a sweep. Usually Spectrier is the final sweeper but Pult is in the back as an extra option if the horse falls to something like scarf zamazenta.

- Lando is the main lead. Immediately gets up sheer force (most mons have sheer force boosted moves) and to get up rocks. 3 attacks allow for coverage and to hit hatterene to get up rocks. Tera Ghost deals with any early rapid spins since Lando is only really used in the early game, before any scrappy spins can happen. Also means giving up tera on horse and pult, but they are still threats with shadow ball / tbolt + adaptability + beads + sheer force + grim neigh snowballing + having rocks up for a surprise sash in the back.

- Basculegion woman form gives adaptability for the team. Scarf flip turn allows it to outspeed a 1hp sash lycanroc and then get in the other fish for beads. Neither fish is the main sweeper, but having them scarfed in the back means that if the opponent has pincurchin or non scarfed rillaboom (for legion only, scarf red fish outspeeds scarf rillaboom) you can switch them in for an outspeed and nab a kill. Also having them scarfed gives options should Spectrier or pult die quicker than expected and you need to clean.

- Chi-Yu gives beads of ruin which is important for a special sweeping team. Chi-Yu also helps to break through Frosmoth which is a big problem for the team, hence why its tera fire for as much damage as possible. Overheat is slightly stronger than sheer force flamethrower (130 compared to 117) and psychic for coverage.

- Indeedee is one of the few non scarfed mons in the team. Terrain extender is used because indeedee is simply here for the priority block. This team struggles if the opponent has set up at all, especially againts something like agility zamazenta-c, which outspeeds scarf pult. Having Terrain extender means it can be switched in as a sac, and then you can immediately go to spectrier or pult and not worry about priority if the opponent doesn't have grass monkey or yellow pyukumuku. The sweep relies a lot on a grim neigh snowball, so switching to reset terrain isn't good. Having 8 turns of terrain when needed is perfect for pult and horse.

- Spectrier is the main sweeper. Grim Neigh is mainly why it works well, since the other scarfed mons have probably chipped the team down enough for spectrier to break through more defensive teams, get a boost and then break through more mons. Scarf allows for an outspeed on anything faster than a max speed quackquaval at +2 (which scarf on horse outspeeds). Shadow ball is a stronger than fairy tera blast given its sheer force boost, but that relies on no normal mons or any potential tera normal threats from the opponent. Tera fairy means that it can live a shadow ball from opposing unboosted scarf spectrier and get a kill on it instead and for a sucker punch resist should psychic terrain run out. Psychic is for coverage if its needed and wil o wisp is there if pult needs to live a resisted priority hit. Its other moves dont matter too much given that your mainly clicking shadow ball or fairy tera blast, buts options are fine.

- Dragapult is the final mon. It's job is for when spectrier is outsped by anything else. Pult outspeeds +2 lokix (if thats happened somehow) and any quark drive mons that arent other dragapult. Dragon Pulse is for a reliable dragon stab that doesn't lower special attack. Its not sheer force boosted, but works because of grim neigh boosting. Tera electric thunderbolt provides the team with coverage that also benefits from opposing electric terrain if your dealing with that. Infiltrator is good if spectrier cant break through screens or theres a sub sweeper that nothing can break through without dragapult.

The team struggles a lot with anything that has setup which is its best to switch to everything needed quickly before something gets to +2 speed. The team also really struggles againts any bulky teams, especially cheeck pouch berry teams. For those, its best to ignore rocks and just try and switch around until spectrier can sweep, but its unlikely to happen before the opponent is setup.

Overall its a fun team thats best againts opposing offence.

Modified my team, tera choices still lazy, but I think some of the sets are improved, (I based them off of what I've seen)

:Weezing-galar::FrosMoth::Heatran::Wo-Chien::Houndstone::Zamazenta:
https://pokepast.es/1fc34b5e9063188d
proof.png

:Weezing-galar: (I don't know how to make the big version)
I'm not sure if this is obvious or not, but Misty Terrain does more than just protect your mons from status. It also prevents the use of Rest, which is used a lot in this meta, and it prevents opposing mons from gaining boosts from Status. Levitate is a way around that though, but a Guts team randomly having Levitate seems unlikely atm.

Edit: Forgot to mention that removing opposing terrain is good too. It's a bunch of small things that add up I think, that makes it good.

The steel dog is strong, I'm interested in seeing what the new Viability Rankings will be.

I've tried Gravity, have not experimented enough with it to make a strong team, but you can fit it on Charm :Chansey: or one of the Ubers. It mostly seems useful for Hazard Damage.
I'm guessing that DLC2 won't have too much of an impact. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Might as well share my team, given how Shared Power won't be ladderable soon and I do not really plan on playing in this meta where my team gets shut down by good Dondozo players or Eternatus and beats nearly everything else.

1701204961769.png

https://pokepast.es/5ead204f857d5e21
:basculin:
Mostly self-explanatory. Adaptability is a great ability, Aqua Jet eliminates Talonflame, Flip Turn is an easy pivot, and I have Tera Dark Crunch just in case (which has never really worked but whatever). Final Gambit is the only thing that reliably eliminates a weakened Dondozo, and no stall player ever expects it. Given the EVs I gave it, Basculin should take out around 60% of Dondozo's health at full HP. Feel free to fool around with EVs invested into HP. I do not know how to optimize them.

:zamazenta-crowned:
The #1 win condition on my team. Simply sacrifice Pokemon or pivot in Zamazenta during horrible matchup for your opponent and go for an Agility and then stack up Iron Defense or Body Press. It absolutely destroys physical attackers, but special attackers such as Landorus and Mewtwo are really annoying. The speed EVs, as I said before in a previous post, are to beat scarfed Dragapult, the fastest Pokemon in this meta. Tera Fighting is for an attack boost or to avoid being KOed by Mach Punch.

:decidueye:
Long Reach is essential for physical attackers, and Decidueye gets Defog, Roost, and U-Turn as support options. Shadow Sneak is important because after Basculin uses Flip Turn on a hazard setter (usually Lycanroc), Decidueye switches in, uses Defog, and then uses Shadow Sneak to KO the opponent before setting up more hazards. It is also a great Will-O-Wisp absorber and Roost is just for facing stall.

:ursaluna-bloodmoon:
Mind's Eye enables Body Press to hit Ghost-types and allows Okidogi to sweep better.

:ogerpon-wellspring:
The #2 win condition on my team. Water Absorb stops any Rain teams, Aqua Jets, or Jet Punches from eliminating Zamazenta-C. This is important given how the other prominent priority moves (Accelerock, Sucker Punch, Bullet Punch), are resisted by Zamazenta-C. Encore allows it to set up a free Swords Dance or Trailblaze and completely sweep teams.

:okidogi:
The #3 win condition on my team and the replacement for Kingambit. Okidogi is the best stallbreaker on my team. Using Guard Dog, nothing can Whirlwind it or my Zamazenta-C setting up Iron Defense. Ting-Lu and Wo-Chien lose to it, and it can use Toxic on Dondozo. Bulk Up Drain Punch and Poison Jab is insane.

Last edited:
i think one of the most reliable strategies ive found is hex spam. theres a few ways to do it, utilising merciless and poison from toxapex + a corrosion mon is very potent and underated, ive not seen a single other person try it. at the moment im using no guard zap cannon coming from regeileki and zapdos. it gets the job done with spectrier and dragapult in the back. I'm not sure which is better yet.

:sv/regieleki:

i think one of the most reliable strategies ive found is hex spam. theres a few ways to do it, utilising merciless and poison from toxapex + a corrosion mon is very potent and underated, ive not seen a single other person try it. at the moment im using no guard zap cannon coming from regeileki and zapdos. it gets the job done with spectrier and dragapult in the back. I'm not sure which is better yet.

:sv/regieleki:
Toxic from Toxapex firstly requires two turns to properly set up (Toxic and then switching out), and you risk whatever Pokemon that comes in to die. Furthermore, the entire strategy hinges on Toxapex staying alive, which is unreliable since if you use Recover, it just wastes another turn and risks the opponent just setting up on you. It does not matter if the opponent's Pokemon is badly poisoned if they can KO your entire team.

The most successful Merciless team I faced was with Maushold and Toxic Chain, which again, hinges entirely on one Pokemon: Maushold.

Special teams usually fail against stall unless you stack every special attack boosting ability. You need Beads of Ruin, Sheer Force, Adaptability, Grim Neigh, and Psychic Terrain (anti-priority since special attackers get none and Greninja was banned). Even after all that, you only deal 1.3 x 1.333... x 1.3333.../2 = 1.155 around 15.5% more damage using a STAB sheer force boosted move against Ice Scales compared to a normal STAB boosted move.

Haaa, my turn!
Team number 1
:Coalossal: :Gardevoir: :Crawdaunt: :Espathra: :Giratina-Origin: :Corviknight:
https://pokepast.es/e39c715f1eef2254

Steam Engine is the funniest ability in the meta, with all the fire and water moves that are thrown around. Getting to +6 speed is always funny af. Coalossal is a nice DEF wall. SR to break sashes, Spin because hazards are bad on our side of the field (tbh, just SR), W-o-w because it's useful, Body Press is the best attacking move. Tera fighting because it avoinds the ohko from water moves and makes BP stronger.

Trace is the second most fun ability in the meta and it's surprisingly useful. It does NOT share the "stolen" ability with the team (it always gets the base one!), but it's not that much of a problem. Having FF, WA or VA is really useful to wall heatran or ceruledge/ogerpon-W/Thundurus-T respectively. Plus there are always other abilities that are cool to get on top of yours. Scarf for speed contro, trick against stall, dual stab and Focus Miss because they're good.

Then I thought about getting generic good abilities.
Adapt is almost a mandatory one. SD instead of DD because it's still slow af and there aren't many occasions to click either move. At least this way Aqua Jet hits harder. Gets walled by Ogerpon-W. Still good and knock off is really useful, especially against those damned berry teams.

Opportunist lets us not die against setup teams. Usually it almost makes those useless. Espathra dies to everything, sadly. Crash is useful, Energy Ball hits Groudon, Tera fighting against steels if needed be, U-Turn because pivoting is always useful. LO because there aren't other good items for it.

Levitate is here because the OG team had Kingambit instead of Corvi, but it's just useful to have an immunity of some sort. SR is the only hazard that we care about, this way. CM makes it a cool wincon, especially if it gets +6 speed. TBolt because f flying types and 56 speed evs let it outspeed by one point jolly Crawdaunt.

Mirror Armor is there because, since I don't have that many damage amp abilites, getting -1 atk/spatk is really bad. This way I avoid so much stuff (eg, webs if Giratina was not sent out earlier) Bulk Up because I already have hazard control somewhere else and it can survive a bunch of water/fire attacks (especially by losing its steel typing) and sweep. U-turn over BP on this team because pivoting was better at the time and BB is enough, most of the time.

Team 2
:Coalossal: :Palkia-Origin: :Chi-Yu: :Basculegion-F: :Azelf: :Garchomp:
https://pokepast.es/a7bf3e74b49604f6

Palkia is there because it resists 4X both water and fire. +Speed because it's not always possible to proc Steam Engine.
Chi-Yu is there as damage amp. Same with Basculegion, but from the special side and not the physical one. Flip Turn is always useful.
Azelf for levitate and Explosion is always fun. Garchomp because I met like 7 Maushold teams in a row.

Team 3
:Garchomp: :Meowscarada: :Baxcalibur: :Quaquaval: :Basculegion-F: :Chandelure:
https://pokepast.es/6094e097aec7e267

Garchomp is there to provide rough skin and with rocky helmet to let maushold die. Meowscarada for protean as damage amp. Baxcalibur's ability is useful against WOW and it's considered a really strong mon in other formats. It is strong here too. Quaquaval as hazard removal, Basculegion as Adapt, Chandelure because not caring about subs is useful, plus it hits hard.

Team 4
:Landorus: :Basculegion-F: :Chi-Yu: :Spectrier: :Gardevoir: :Giratina-Origin:
https://pokepast.es/f8458b360908d6ba

I wanted to try a special based attacking team. Sheer Force is probably my favourite ability in the whole game and it's mandatory for a special team. Adapt too. Same for Beads of Ruin and Grim Neigh. Trace is fun and Levitate might be useful, can be changed to something elese though. Giratina has 56 speed evs to outspeed by 1 point jolly Crawdaunt. Defog because we still need SR removal

I'm too tired to write better explanations for the last three teams. The moves are useful against the meta/they're the only good moves the mon has sometimes.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
We are entering the final day of the ladder, time to check the answers we received in the survey, well I did read them as we received each one but still. We got 72 answers, that's a lot for a monthly format near the end of the month, is a lot for OMs in general really, with that and the high elo scores in ladder, it seems like the tier was extremely popular during this period, I have to thank everyone who answered the survey, for sharing their opinions.

Gráfico de respuestas de formularios. Título de la pregunta: How much did you enjoy the tier this month?. Número de respuestas: 72 respuestas.

The enjoyment score was very high, with barely anyone giving it less than a 3, not much to say here, will try to keep the tier fun to play and competitive. But it seems like big changes aren't needed anymore.

Gráfico de respuestas de formularios. Título de la pregunta: How much better or worse was the tier made by restrictions?. Número de respuestas: 73 respuestas.

With 1 being "Much worse" and 5 being "Much better", this was another great result, seems like the changes have been for the better and while reading the answers to "What did you think of restrictions?" it seems like some things can still be improved, but it has been working so far.

:indeedee: :frosmoth:
We also asked about both Psychic Surge and Ice Scales, neither had much support for action, so while we will keep an eye on them, any action for now will be on possible abusers.
The meta is about to change a lot with DLC2 so it is hard to predict what will happen, but we will use what we learned here to take decisions next month, what was suggested in both the thread and the survey will be discussed when preparing the DLC2 slate, to see if anything changes about the main targets for a ban and if anything changes to reintroduce any banned element to the tier.

You can check all the responses here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1a13fTVDYVz8lrvLoI3_5rzmeH7NUOA_7FEJvmz-g4nc/viewanalytics

KaenSoul

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Because of the success of the ladder, reaching a total of 238213 games played during the month, the OM staff has decided to turn Shared Power into a permanent ladder!
The ladder should be back up soon, don't ask me when I don't control that.
This was possible thanks to all of you.

:Zangoose:-:Conkeldurr:-:ambipom:-:lycanroc-dusk:-:Shiftry:-:decidueye-hisui:
(https://pokepast.es/8178a437763f5206)

Normally, I'd ladder to the 1600s or higher to make sure I was actually cooking something good before I put it out. Sadly the OM's ticket for this month has finally expired, I figured that I might as well share this cool Prio Spam team featuring Wind Rider (:shiftry:) before next DLC wave somehow makes it outdated.

The is a pretty basic Toxic Boost (:Zangoose:) + Guts (:Conkeldurr:) physical offense team with the priority spam elements of Technician (:Ambipom:) & Tough Claws (:Lycanroc-Dusk:). Still there were a few more unique elements to beat a wider variety of teams.

:Ambipom: was chosen over the more common options of :scizor:/:Maushold:/:fezandipiti: for its combination of fantastic speed, access to fake out, and ability to be poisoned without tera. It is often times the MVP of matches featuring :Indeedee: because it can outspeed and KO Pokémon the old-fashioned way. Even scarfers or booster energy abusers can sometimes by outpaced if it has tailwind support from :decidueye-hisui: or :Shiftry:. Since it can usually click Fake Out + U-Turn against most non-ghost leads, it's usually the default lead unless it seems better to go :Lycanroc-dusk: early to activate Tough Claws while saving its sash for later. Fake Out + Facade are great for dealing with Sticky Web leads (:kricketune:/:Masquerain:/:Ariados:) but since shield dust (:Ribombee:) grants flinch immunity, an immediate technician Double Hit is often a better sash breaker.

:Lycanroc-Dusk: is a typical stealth rocker but is also an important emergency answer to bulky set up monsters like :Dondozo:, :zamazenta:, and even :annihilape: who quickly become too much for the team to break if they get on the field before most of the damage boosting abilities are fully shared (:Zamazenta-Crowned: is an extreme example that becomes unbreakable if it switches in on anything besides :Conkeldurr:). Minimum HP and defense evs are ran in tandem with endeavor and accelrock in order to safely eliminate these threats so long as the teams 3 defog users (:Conkeldurr:/:Shiftry:/:decidueye-hisui:) can keep hazards from breaking its sash. I've considered using counter in place of close combat, but I like CC more so I can more easily pressure things that don't fear accelrock. :shiftry: is the fastest defogger but rarely actually clicks it from my experience. Perhaps taunt could replace defog so I don't lose to the rare flower veil :Torterra: teams who love breaking sash via leech seed? :blobshrug:

:Shiftry: helps the team out a ton in matchups against both opposing prio spam and psychic surge offense by giving the team a source of tailwind speed control (:brambleghast: doesn't learn it) and granting everyone a temporary choice band level boost in power. Previously this sort of teams would run :Kingambit: in this spot before it was banned and then switch to adaptability after the fact (I personally used to have a Scarf :Basculin-Blue-Striped: here to help with my iron defense problems by clicking final gambit). Technician Fake Out is a no brainer and Thief being a STAB option that gets boosted by :Lycanroc-dusk:'s Tough Claws & :Ambipom:'s technician is fun, but I don't know enough about Shiftry's moveset to know if there are any more optimal moves I'm missing. If it uses it's sash before clicking it, it can even remove an item. I'm a bit conflicted on whether the team needs a 3rd defog user just in case, or if I'd better off running either taunt for utility or Scrappy Explosion for momentum preservation (Dunno why it learns explosion, but it might be a Seedot thing). Tera Fairy is run because most common sash ignoring multi-hit moves lack types that block them except :Dragapult:'s Dragon Darts (teams with arm thrust or the many normal type multi-hits run scrappy/mind's eye anyway so ghost didn't really feel worth it) so I might as well stop those. PS: Wind Rider gives the team immunity to a few moves, but these moves aren't actually that "splashable" like Bulletproof's immunity list, so it's pretty easy for both the opponent and user to forget about them. :bloblul:

Last Pokémon I'll be discussing is :decidueye-hisui:. Chosen mostly for the role compression of scrappy + defog (Tailwind was a pleasant surprise after Shiftry's addition, but the other scrappy user had that too). I'd been experimenting between max speed :choice scarf:, spdef/physdef :flame-orb:/:toxic orb:, and spdef :leftovers:/:heavy-duty boots:. Even now with the month over, I don't know which one is the most optimal. I stopped using scarf completely after Shiftry's addition, but toxic orb seemed to be cutting into it's bulk too much despite the team synergy. Surprisingly, Triple Arrows not having tough claw synergy never really felt like a problem. The only teams it could even consistently click it against were defensive teams that had Fluffy :houndstone: to overpower the tough claw modifier anyway (only other non-contact attack on the team is Feint on :zangoose: and that's mostly just to win priority wars against faster pokemon).

Bidding this metagame farewell (for now), I'm just glad I was able to play an OM where both :samurott-hisui: & :decidueye-hisui: were viable. Tough luck for :typhlosion-hisui: though, better luck next time! :blobthumbsup:

My favorite meta Shared Power is now Permanent Yipee ( i wanted to test a thing, there is another No Guard Pokémon that is better than Lycanroc Midnight that will come back in the DLC and so I can play Him and Lycanroc Dusk as a Tough Claws user instead of Lycanroc Midnight and Perrserker )

Edit : I completly forgot Golurk was shown in a Indigo Disk Trailer that him the No Guard user i want

KaenSoul

Community Leader
Post DLC2 Slate, we voted on both new and old stuff:
KaenSoulPonchlakeGimlafClefableResult
DondozoBanBanBanBanBanned
Zamazenta-CrownedBanBanBanAbstainBanned
EternatusDo Not BanBanAbstainBanBanned
Arceus-PsychicBanBanBanBanBanned
RegielekiBanBanDo Not BanDo Not BanFree
Calyrex-IceDo Not BanBanDo Not BanDo Not BanFree
Water BubbleRestrictRestrictRestrictRestrictRestricted
TriageRestrictRestrictRestrictRestrictRestricted
LugiaDo Not BanBanBanDo Not BanFree
Ho-ohDo Not BanBanDo Not BanDo Not BanFree
Reshiram/TurboblazeRestrictRestrictAbstainBanRestricted
Zekrom/TeravoltRestrictRestrictRestrictBanRestricted
Kyurem-WDo Not BanBanAbstainDo Not BanFree
Kyurem-BDo Not BanBanBanDo Not BanFree
SolgaleoDo Not BanDo Not BanDo Not BanDo Not BanFree
Lunala/Shadow ShieldRestrictBanRestrictRestrictRestricted
Necrozma-DWBanDo Not BanAbstainDo Not BanFree
Necrozma-DMBanBanAbstainDo Not BanBanned
DeoxysBanBanBanDo Not BanBanned
Deoxys-SpeedDo Not BanDo Not BanBanAbstainFree
Deoxys-AttackBanBanBanDo Not BanBanned
Deoxys-DefenseBanBanDo Not BanDo Not BanFree
:sv/dondozo: :sv/zamazenta-crowned: :sv/eternatus: :sv/arceus-psychic: :sv/necrozma-dusk-mane: :sv/deoxys: :sv/deoxys-attack:
Now Banned: Dondozo, Zamazenta-Crowned, Eternatus, Arceus-Psychic, Necrozma-DM, Deoxys-Base and Deoxys-Attack
:sv/araquanid: :sv/comfey: :sv/zekrom: :sv/reshiram: :sv/lunala:
Now Restricted: Water Bubble, Triage, Teravolt, Turboblaze, Shadow Shield

:dondozo: :zamazenta-crowned: :eternatus: :arceus-psychic:
Those Pokémon already in the tier were banned for similar reasons, they had an easy time setting up in front of a large amount of common Pokémon, while being extremely hard to take down when paired with defensive abilities.

Welp, there goes my highly successful Zama-C team.
Time to replace Ursaluna-Bloodmoon, Okidogi, and Zamazenta-C for some other Pokemon.

Or I could just use normal Zamazenta. I can also use Lum Berry for anti-burn.
Ok nevermind having non STAB Behemoth Bash is bad.

Last edited:
Two things
1. Terapagos technically has 3 different abilities, which one will be passed?
2. Any thoughts on poison touch, toxic chain, merciless with that new toxic pokemons ability which gives confusion and serene grace iron head/air slash?

Two things
2. Any thoughts on poison touch, toxic chain, merciless with that new toxic pokemons ability which gives confusion and serene grace iron head/air slash?
Pecharunt is not available in the game yet. Furthermore, the only thing the ability does is prevent counterattacks from other Pokemon, which I doubt are surviving a Merciless Toxic Chain Population Bomb.
Serene Grace flinching has been nonexistent since Gale Wings was restricted and Shaymin-Sky was banned.

Two things
Regardless of how Terapagos shares its abilities, all of it's abilities are definitely going to be restricted, and there's a good reason for all of them:

Tera Shift: (if it works like how it says it works, and is actually passed) no. giving a free tera to every mon on your team is busted. that's like adding adaptability on top of adaptability, and is also insane defensively, along with plenty of other reasons.

Tera Shell: stronger multiscale. restrict immediately.

Teraform Zero: We don't yet know the full details on this one, but if what it says is to be believed, this immediately cancels electric terrain, psychic terrain and weather, essentially killing a good portion of the meta reliant on those things.

yeah.

KaenSoul

Community Leader
Terapagos will begin banned, we are unsure at this stage on how its abilities will interact with the format, so we may give it a chance in the future after the meta stabilize a bit, and after the recent bans it seems like a bad idea to allow another extremely bulky set up sweeper to roam free.

I've noticed a few things that have returned in DLC 2 we should probably be aware of, but were not mentioned in the slate. starting with the most important:

:Porygon-z: Download: Download, inconsistent as it is, is still an attack or special attack boost for the whole team. While I might be wrong about it's impact in the metagame, I feel this should definitely be suspected.

:Excadrill: Excadrill: Excadrill's absence was (mostly) the reason sand sucks this generation, and now that he's back, we have to consider what that means. First off, Excadrill gets to make use of a near-permanent 2x speed boost due to sand rush + Sand stream. Secondly, Excadrill gets huge mileage out of sand force, seeing as two of the types overlap with STAB, and Excadrill also gets rock blast, which bypasses fluffy. Thirdly... yeah ok there's no third thing I just feel a really fast mon with high attack might be dangerous in this meta. I'd suggest suspecting either Excadrill or (more likely) Sand Rush.

:Smeargle: Smeargle: Keep an eye on this thing. even with low stats, a mon with every move in the game is bound to cause shenanigans.

:Dodrio:Tangled Feet: I know Tangled feet isn't anywhere near as problematic as Stench, Sand veil or Snow Cloak, and was already Ingame before DLC 2, but can we just ban it anyway?

the following two aren't as big a problem but they definitely should be recognized
[placeholder]:Cobalion:Iron Crown: I'm not sure if this one is that big of a threat, but his signature move is liable to boosts from technician, sharpness and Steely spirit, on top of a possible booster energy boost seems like a strong mon on the field. It's also great in Psychic terrain due to expanding force. I wouldn't suggest doing anything right now, but he does seem like a good mon in the post DLC metagame.

[placeholder 2]:Raikou:Raging Bolt: the only reason I'm mentioning it is becauseit gets rising voltage, when electric surge teams are doing pretty well in the meta (I think?)

that's all bye-

KaenSoul

Community Leader
Starting next month we are planning to start running suspects test, would do one now but with Holiday season already here is better to not force everyone to ladder, so expect a suspect test on Psychic Surge right after the new year party, depending on what happen next we may look at Ice Scales and Tera down the line, but as we can't really predict the meta changes, it will all come down to what happens at the time.

KaenSoul

Community Leader
I updated the viability list, meta has been live for only a few days, so a lot of this is more theory than anything, you can find it in the first page at anytime here https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/shared-power.3711011/#post-9401958
But I'm reposting it here for visibility, you can discuss and propose pracement if you want to.

Viability List: (WIP)

Offensive Donors
(Check this if you want to add power to your team)
High
:chi-yu: Chi-Yu (Beads of Ruin)
:cinderace: Cinderace (Libero)
:conkeldurr: Conkeldurr (Guts, Sheer Force, Iron Fist)
:decidueye: Decidueye (Long Reach)
:galvantula: Galvantula (Compound Eyes)
:golurk: Golurk (No Guard)
:groudon: Groudon (Drought)
:indeedee: Indeedee-Male (Psychic Surge)
:iron valiant: Iron Valiant (Quark Drive)
:klawf: Klawf (Anger Shell)
:kyogre: Kyogre (Drizzle)
:maushold: Maushold (Technician)
:ninetales: Ninetales (Drought)
:lilligant-Hisui: Lilligant-Hisui (Hustle)
:landorus: Landorus-Incarnate (Sheer Force)
:lycanroc-Dusk: Lycanroc-Dusk (Tough Claws)
:Lycanroc-Midnight: Lycanroc-Midnight (No Guard)
Iron Boulder (Quark Drive)
:iron bundle: Iron Bundle (Quark Drive)
:pawmot: Pawmot (Iron Fist)
:pincurchin: Pincurchin (Electric Surge)
:porygon-z: Porygon-Z (Adaptability, Download)
:regieleki: Regieleki (Transistor)
:rillaboom: Rillaboom (Grassy Surge)
:samurott-hisui: Samurott-Hisui (Sharpness)
:scizor: Scizor (Technician)
:spectrier: Spectrier (Grim Neigh)
:sylveon: Sylveon (Pixilate)

Mid
:ambipom: Ambipom (Technician, Skill Link)
:Annihilape: Annihilape (Defiant)
:arcanine-hisui: Arcanine-Hisui (Rock Head)
:braviary: Braviary (Sheer Force, Defiant)
:breloom: Breloom (Technician)
:calyrex-ice: Calyrex-Ice (As One)
:cloyster: Cloyster (Skill Link)
:decidueye-hisui: Decidueye-Hisui (Scrappy)
:dragapult: Dragapult (Clear Body, Infiltrator)
:drifblim: Drifblim (Flare Boost)
:flamigo: Flamigo (Scrappy)
:gallade: Gallade (Sharpness)
:golem-alola: Golem-Alola (Galvanize)
:honchkrow: Honchkrow (Super Luck)
:iron moth: Iron Moth (Quark Drive)
:kleavor: Kleavor (Sheer Force, Sharpness)
:lucario: Lucario (Inner Focus)
:meowscarada: Meowscarada (Protean)
:ogerpon: Ogerpon-Teal (Defiant)
:Perrserker: Perrserker (Steely Spirit, Tough Claws)
:primarina: Primarina (Liquid Voice)
:quaquaval: Quaquaval (Moxie)
:Sneasler: Sneasler (Poison Touch)
:toxapex: Toxapex (Merciless)
:toxtricity: Toxtricity (Punk Rock)
:ursaluna: Ursaluna (Guts)
:ursaluna-bloodmoon: Ursaluna-Bloodmoon (Mind's Eye)
:urshifu: Urshifu-R/S (Unseen Fist)
:zapdos-galar: Zapdos-Galar (Defiant)
:zangoose: Zangoose (Toxic Boost)

Low
:bombirdier: Bombirdier (Rocky Payload)
:charizard: Charizard (Solar Power)
:Ceruledge: Ceruledge (Weak Armor)
:clawitzer: Clawitzer (Mega Launcher)
:drednaw: Drednaw (Strong Jaw)
:feraligatr: Feraligatr (Sheer Force)
:glastrier: Glastrier (Chilling Neigh)
:inteleon: Inteleon (Sniper)
:iron hands: Iron Hands (Quark Drive)
:iron leaves: Iron Leaves (Quark Drive)
:kingdra: Kingdra (Sniper)
:luxray: Luxray (Guts)
:regidrago: Regidrago (Dragon's Maw)
:smeargle: Smeargle (Technician)
:staraptor: Staraptor (Reckless)
:vivillon-fancy: Vivillon (Compound Eyes)

Defensive/Utility Donors (Check this if you want to improve your defenses or want general utility)
High
:alcremie: Alcremie (Aroma Veil)
:baxcalibur: Baxcalibur (Thermal Exchange)
:blissey: Blissey (Natural Cure)
:cresselia: Cresselia (Levitate)
:dachsbun: Dachsbun (Well-Baked Body)
:dragonite: Dragonite (Multiscale, Inner Focus)
:espathra: Espathra (Opportunist)
:frosmoth: Frosmoth (Ice Scales)
:giratina: Giratina (Pressure)
:giratina-origin: Giratina-Origin (Levitate)
:heatran: Heatran (Flash Fire, Flame Body)
:houndstone: Houndstone (Fluffy)
Hydrapple (Sticky Hold)
:mewtwo: Mewtwo (Pressure, Unnerve)
:mudsdale: Mudsdale (Stamina)
:necrozma-dawn-wings: Necrozma-Dawn-Wings (Prism Armor)
:ninetales-alola: Ninetales-Alola (Snow Warning)
:ogerpon-wellspring: Ogerpon-Wellspring (Water Absorb)
:pawmot: Pawmot (Volt Absorb, Natural Cure)
:pelipper: Pelipper (Drizzle)
:ting-lu: Ting-Lu (Vessel of Ruin)
:weezing-galar: Weezing-Galar (Misty Surge)
:wo-chien: Wo-Chien (Tablets of Ruin)

Mid
:altaria: Altaria (Cloud Nine, Natural Cure)
:appletun: Appletun (Rippen)
:arboliva: Arboliva (Harvest)
:chansey: Chansey (Natural Cure)
:chesnaught: Chesnaught (Bulletproof)
:clodsire: Clodsire (Water Absorb)
:cloyster: Cloyster (Shell Armor)
:Corviknight: Corviknight (Pressure, Unnerve)
:deoxys-Speed: Deoxys-Speed (Pressure)
:exeggutor-alola: Exeggutor-Alola (Harvest)
:farigiraf: Farigiraf (Cud Chew)
:garchomp: Garchomp (Rough Skin)
:gastrodon-east: Gastrodon (Storm Drain, Sticky Hold)
:glimmora: Glimmora (Toxic Debris, Corrosion)
:golduck: Golduck (Cloud Nine)
:greedent: Greedent (Cheek Punch, Gluttony)
:hippowdon: Hippowdon (Sand Stream)
:ho-oh: Ho-oh (Pressure)
:jirachi: Jirachi (Serene Grace)
:kommo-o: Kommo-o (Bulletproof, Soundproof)
:lapras: Lapras (Shell Armor)
:manaphy: Manaphy (Hydration)
:moltres: Moltres (Flame Body)
:muk: Muk (Sticky Hold)
:muk-alola: Muk-Alola (Gluttony)
:ribombee: Ribombee (Shield Dust)
:rhyperior: Rhyperior (Solid Rock)
:salazzle: Salazzle (Corrosion)
:swalot: Swalot (Gluttony, Sticky Hold)
:tauros-Paldea-Fire: Tauros-Fire/Tauros-Water (Cud Chew)
:tentacruel: Tentacruel (Liquid Ooze, Rain Dish)
:torkoal: Torkoal (Shell Armor)
:toxicroak: Toxicroak (Dry Skin)
:tyranitar: Tyranitar (Sand Stream)
:ursaluna: Ursaluna (Bulletproof)
:Vaporeon: Vaporeon (Hydration)
:volcanion: Volcanion (Water Absorb)
:volcarona: Volcarona (Flame Body)

Low
:azumarill: Azumarill (Sap Sipper, Thick Fat)
:blastoise: Blastoise (Rain Dish)
:Ceruledge: Ceruledge (Flash Fire)
:Cyclizar: Cyclizar (Shed Skin)
:fezandipiti: Fezandipiti (Toxic Chain)
:goodra: Goodra (Hydration, Sap Sipper)
:mabosstiff: Mabosstiff (Guard Dog)
:meloetta: Meloetta (Serene Grace)
:milotic: Milotic (Marvel Scale)
:Okidogi: Okidogi (Toxic Chain, Guard Dog)
:oinkologne: Oinkologne M/F (Gluttony)
:orthworm: Orthworm (Earth Eater)
:rabsca: Rabsca (Synchronize)
:revavroom: Revavroom (Filter)
:rotom-wash: Rotom-Wash (Levitate)
:sawsbuck: Sawsbuck (Serene Grace)
:zamazenta: Zamazenta (Dauntless Shield)
:zapdos: Zapdos (Static, Pressure)

Other Pokémon (Either Restricted abilities or with no effects in other Pokémon)
High
:excadrill: Excadrill (Sand Rush, Mold Breaker)
:gholdengo: Gholdengo (Good as Gold)
:kyurem-black: Kyurem-Black (Teravolt)
:kyurem-white: Kyurem-White (Turboblaze)
:lugia: Lugia (Multiscale)
:lunala: Lunala (Shadow Shield)
:lycanroc: Lycanroc-Midday (Sand Rush)
:Palafin-Hero: Palafin (None)
:reshiram: Reshiram (Turboblaze)
:reuniclus: Reuniclus (Magic Guard)
:serperior: Serperior (Contrary)
:solgaleo: Solgaleo (Full Metal Body)
:walking wake: Walking Wake (Protosynthesis)
:zekrom: Zekrom (Teravolt)

Mid
:cetitan: Cetitan (Slush Rush)
:clodsire: Clodsire (Unaware)
:comfey: Comfey (Triage)
:farigiraf: Farigiraf (Armor Tail)
:garganacl: Garganacl (Purifying Salt)
:gliscor: Gliscor (Poison Heal)
Gouging Fire (Protosynthesis)
:grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl (Prankster)
:hatterene: Hatterene (Magic Bounce)
:ogerpon-cornerstone: Ogerpon-Cornerstone (Sturdy)
Raging Bolt (Protosynthesis)
:skeledirge: Skeledirge (Unaware)
:talonflame: Talonflame (Gale Wings)

Low
:enamorus: Enamorus (Contrary)
:klefki: Klefki (Prankster)
:mimikyu: Mimikyu (None)
:persian-alola: Persian-Alola (Fur Coat)
:tinkaton: Tinkaton (Mold Breaker)
:whimsicott: Whimsicott (Prankster)

As a bit of a warning, I have not gotten high in the ladder with the teams below, but I want to share ideas in hopes to spark new ones.

Trick Room + Gravity
:Porygon2::Calyrex-Ice::Ting-Lu::Rampardos::Chi-Yu::Clawitzer:
The idea behind this team is simple, set up trick room and blow through your opponent's team.

I think that :Rampardos: is actually decent in the meta. It uses moves that don't make contact and provides sheer force.

:Porygon2: is fantastic for providing download boosts. :Ting-Lu: Increases your teams bulk in order to aid in allowing your mons to set up Trick Room. :Chi-Yu: protects you from opposing :Chi-Yu: which is funny.

The two fish support each other, but not so much the entire team. Through my limited testing, it seems pretty solid. This team actually successfully made use of Gravity, which makes me happy since Gravity is my favorite move. Too bad it does not make much use of the evasion lowering part.

Double Dog + Double Moth
:Latias::Frosmoth::Volcarona::Houndstone::Heatran::Zamazenta:
This is similar to my previous Zamazenta team, but you have moths and an airplane to set up instead.

:Latias: has Stored Power because it is far more powerful than mist ball. Zamazenta helps to allow your team to set up. I haven't tested the team enough, I believe that it struggles against phasers with Ice Scales. Flame Body is pretty useful in weakening Physical attackers and against :Maushold: specifically.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think that's all I'll post for now, I want to see what sort of things you come up with. Curious to see if :Zekrom: teams are viable, I'm a bit afraid to use it b/c volt absorb kinda nerfs it a lot, but there are players high on the ladder with berry teams that are countered by Unnerve, so Idk. Edit: I just noticed that Zekrom learns tailwind, which can give Zekrom a Pseudo-Shift Gear with Wind Rider.

Last edited:
:Kyurem-Black: :Smeargle: :Lilligant-Hisui: :Lycanroc-Midnight::Basculegion: :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:

Viva La Vida (of Kyurem being legal)

Very fun HO(?) team centered on maximizing :Kyurem-Black:'s damage with Tech + Hustle + Adapt. Still climbing ladder but i got a win-streak of 12, for whatever that's worth.

:Kyurem-Black: is a big badass dragon that gores everything that isn't :Zamazenta:, (Something tells me that isn't an issue anymore tho) Scale Shot and Fairy Tera act as a sort of safety net and help get get up some more DD's, tank Fightings and Dragons or help boost speed. Kyurem also looks like Alatreon from Monster Hunter, so thats also why he's here

:Smeargle: Donates Tech and sets up webs and spikes on non levitate teams and spreads status and removes hazards if i can't hazard stack. Nuzzle is nasty against set up mon trying to get in and Ceaseless edge helps do something after i get taunted. Mortal spin is also funny as the ultimate slot-compression move

:Lilligant-Hisui: Donates Hustle and functions as a check for set-up mon with Encore + V-Dance. the sheer power it packs between Axe Kick and Triple Axel also make her good at breaking after the other mons go out

:Lycanroc-Midnight: Donates No Guard, sets rocks and prevents Defogs with Taunt. Prevents :scizor: from pressing defog by killing it, also has tera fire punch to kill :Iron-Crown:. Been juggling Play Rough, Sucker Punch and Endeavor, but this set works best.

:Basculegion: Donates Adaptability and functions as my priority move, pivot and spin immunity and dies shortly after mating (or having to play against :Indeedee:.)

:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: My Beloved, Surging Strikes is a dumb move, after the boosts it does 70% minimum to pretty much every resist that is extremely fat. Dynamic Punch was chosen over CC 'cause it's funnier and Urshifu usually comes out after :Lycanroc-Midnight:. Scarf U-Turn does wonders for this team and Urshifu can force out a lot of pokemon that otherwise stop one of my set-up mons to flourish. Urshifu also provides a second priority move if i ever need to kill something at low hp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)