ORAS Ubers Shaymin-S HO Team. Fly High! Peak #5 at 1805

Hey Everyone, im Asim just a guy who likes pokemon a lot. Lately i've been laddering a lot with this HO team i made using it in majority of my battles peaking #5 onto the ladder before i started to tilt and stop. So thought i'd make an RMT on it. Here goes my first RMT.
THE TEAM AT A FIRST GLANCE

The Team
Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 160 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Knock Off/Ice beam
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed​
I picked Deo-A as my main wallbreaker of the team. Used the standard moveset but changed the EV spread to outspeed everything upto base 130. Kept switching in between knock off and ice beam to deal more damage to mega-mence and yveltal which otherwise walls it at -2. Prefer focus sash over life orb as a personal preference.

Arceus @ Lum Berry

Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Force​
Added max speed e-killer for priority and to kill weakened 'mons. Prefer lum berry over life orb to get rid of any early burns and not be crippled. Max speed to outspeed/speed tie other ekillers and be at an advantage, shadow force to hit ghost types with more power and earthquake for better coverage. Shadow claw is a good option to prevent the opponent from looping into a normal-ghost switched making shadow force dealing zero damage.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite

Ability: Shadow Tag
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Destiny Bond
- Substitute
- Perish Song​
Chose mega-gengar as my primary mega since its one of my favorite pokemon and really good in the current metagames. Used the standard perish trapper set as another personal preference of this team also to mostly trap ho-oh creates a lot of problem to this team. Gengar also helps to perish trap ekiller and khangaskhan which can otherwise create lots of problems to the team removing them out of the way

Xerneas @ Power Herb

Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 100 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy/HP ground
- Thunder​
Next member is geoxern, part of almost every uber teams. I have a bit more speed than usual to get the speed advantage over other geoxerns. Thunder to hit ho-oh moonblast mandatory STAB and switched around aromatherapy and HP ground with the latter doing a good amount of damage to pdon(but not KO) and killing perish trapper mega gengar. Aromatherpy is more usefull in case it gets para'd by the opposing pdon 2HKO-ing it back with moonblast

Shaymin-Sky @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Healing Wish
- Earth Power
- Seed Flare​
This thing is the main surprise of my team. Chosen as my main revenge killer, scarf shaymin can outspeed even a +2 xerneas and +2 pdon and if lucky flinch it to death. Even though its really unrealiable and pathetic to rely on flinching, most of the time it seals the win. Seed flare is for additional STAB while earth power to get a guarantee'd miss and kill weakened pdon and gengar. Healing wish is an amazing utility healing up ekiller or deoxys late game. Modest is chosen over timid for the extra power as even at modest nature it still outspeeds geoxern and pdon at +2.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb

Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Lava Plume/Rock Slide
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock​
The don of ubers. Chose it as my stealth rocker and my check to xerneas as nothing else on this team can safely stop it after it get of a geomancy. Often switched lava plume up for rock slide to hit ho-oh and lugia for super effective damage and p-blades for strong STAB. Roar is an option over thunder wave too as it helps against aromatherapy varients of geoxern however if its a 1 on 1 with the opposing xern roar becomes useless so considered twave over it, not to mention twave helps to cripple faster mons as well

デオキシス (Deoxys-Attack) @ Life Orb
EVs: 12 Atk / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed

アルセウス (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Force

ゲンガー (Gengar-Mega) @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Destiny Bond
- Substitute
- Perish Song

ゼルネアス (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 132 Def / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Thunder

シェイミ (Shaymin-Sky) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Healing Wish
- Earth Power
- Seed Flare

グラードン (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 4 SpA / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Thunder Wave
- Lava Plume
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock

That's all for this RMT. Please rate it guys, i'm aware that this team has a lot of flaws but its a fun team i built that helped me on the current ladder so thought i'd share it.

Proof of peak:- http://prntscr.com/b6f1ae

Last edited:
Seems like more or less a typical Deo-A ho in terms of build, I don't really encourage Shadow Force on ekiller since your opponent can take advantage of that by pivoting to normal-types or something that can easily absorb hits, but since you're Lum Berry I can see why the extra power may be helpful. I would recommend having some form of hazard control though, you're mroe ro less forced to lead with Deoxys to keep your Focus Sash intact atm, and Shaymin gets worn down quickly as well repeatedly switching into rocks. You could run Giratina-O over Gengar, this still gives you an ESpeed immunity, while you still have Shaymin for speed control. This does make you weaker to stall and a less reliable way to deal with SD Arceus formes, although as long as you keep hazards off the field Deoxys should be able to soft check them.
You could alternatively run Mega Diancie over Xerneas, I don't feel it offers any useful utility that Diancie doesn't, and makes the team weaker to Ho-Oh. This approach would give you another answer to Darkrai, so you could potentially run something like SD Arceus Ground to better deal with Primal Groudon/Diancie.
Overall I feel there are many ways you could rearrange this, though some form of hazard control seems to be necessary.

Hola:)
Congratulations on your peak and welcome to smogon! Your team looks pretty nice, it's a funny HO but I can see some flaws on it and I'd like to suggest you a couple of things.
Starting with
and
. You have Lum Berry on Arceus and Aromatherapy Xerneas if you can cure your team with Xerni why would you run Lum on Arceus? If you don't like the recoil of Life Orb you can use Silk Scarf and Adamant Nature, Shadow Claw instead of Shadow Force because you can get ppstalled by Giratina-O and Arceus-Normal. Also, you should change Thunder on Xerneas and use Hidden Power Rock because of Ho-Oh.
Okay, let's talk about
it's an interesting mon on this team but, to be honest, I don't like Shaymin-Sky in Hyper Offense because (depends the moveset, in this case choice scarf) you are limited to one move and also, you are forced to have a switch defending Skymin because if you don't get the flinches your opponent can boost one of his/her mons in front of it =( My suggestion is replace
and run
Life Orb which is an incredible pokemon and I think it fits well on your team, you can abuse of its strong dark moves!
~The next is
perish trap is not a good option here friend, you are supposed to have more offensiveness and mega gengar makes a decent job as special attacker!
Now, here is your team with these small changes, good luck.:heart:

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a variant of this where Mega Diancie is utilized. This team actually feels more like it's been built around Shaymin-S than Deoxys-A, especially the way Gengar is utilized to trade against Ho-Oh. The Mega Diancie variant gives the advantage of being a bit more sound against Darkrai and means that you have more options to trump Ho-Oh that don't involve sacking your primary EKiller check. This variation of the build actually requires a number of mons changes from what you have. It ultimately swaps EKiller for SD Arc Ghost and utilizes Darkrai over Xerneas.

Back to this team I think there are a number of slight set altercations that you should try out. The first being that you run a Life Orb on Deoxys-A. Sash is an okay item, but when you have absolutely no hazard counterplay it makes me feel that you might as well just go for the increased damage output. I think the use of a Lum Berry on EKiller is okay since this team needs some help against Darkrai, although I think you'll want to be Adamant to help offset that weaker priority. With Skymin and Healing Wish I'm not too sure you need Xerneas to run Aromatherapy, and are probs better off using Focus Blast + HP Rock as coverage. An option is that you can run Choice Scarf Xerneas here to have a strong Darkrai check and then you can adjust the EKiller set accordingly, but there is certainly a benefit to using Geomancy as well. Something you can also consider is running a more Def heavy spread as extra EKiller coverage (since Gengar might be used to force a trade against something else). A heavy Def spread also helps against Mega Salamence, which your EKiller set is sorta weak to. Lastly I'd run Rock Slide over Lava Plume on P Don and make the EV spread much more offensive.

Arii's suggestion of Yveltal is an interesting one, and it can be used to get Gengar in more easily (Dark-types in general are nice). Only costs with doing these are fewer revenge-killing options (Yveltal does get Sucker Punch tho) and being slightly weaker against a few less prominent things.

Well, I must say, congratulations on your peak! Tbh, I actually gotten through the Top 50s once, though its being pretty hard to go back there now. XD

Now, I know this might not be much, but have you ever considered using a Life Orb + Rash Nature Deoxys-A? Why I am saying this is that Primal Groudon, which would probably stop your sweep cold, has a pretty great chance of being OHKOed by Psycho Boost by this variant (and that`s talking about the support set, btw). Also, you might need some Spikes/TSpikes support for Deoxys to get KOs he otherwise couldnt. Klefki might be pretty good, though he doesnt really help with your Groudon weakness, so I would suggest changing one of your team members to something that can check it, preferably Giratina/Latios. That`s my two cents, though. XD

Tanks for the rating guys, will definitely try them out and thanks!
Oh yeah, before you do, for Deoxys-A I would suggest a spread of 20 Atk/252 Spa/236 Spe with the Rash nature, since this Speed investment can just BARELY outspeed Mewtwo and Mega Gengar, while still being able to have at least some physical presence. If you want more physical power, though, you can just go for the regular spread, especially since, if you go for Klefki, you can actually just paralyze them, and if Mewtwo doesnt have Fire Blast/Mega Gengar doesnt have any reliable way to kill you, you can just set up Spikes and get a lot of KOs with Deoxys. Here is what I would sugest, in importable format:

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Knock Off/Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes/Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic/Light Screen
- Play Rough/Foul Play

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 244 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave
- Defog

Reactions: ckw

Cynara

Banned deucer.
The above suggestions are relatively good, Ariistella made the strongest suggestion, thus so far, however it still leaves a fundamental weakness.

Taking Ariistellas suggestion since she fixed up alot of main issues, I don't think Deoxys-attack can fit the build and the primal Groudon isnt as offensive as I would like it to be, the main issue I have is Mega Salamence builds, mainly offensive skewed builds, since you're basically forced to trade gengar for E killer vs Offense and Trading against Ho-oh vs balance, your team leaves an opening for a well played salamence-mega.

The change I would suggest if you decide to take Ariistella's sugesstions is replacing Deoxys-attack for Shuca Berry Dialga with stealth rocks, this gives you a defined check which can set rocks that can help vs Primal Groudon thanks to Shuca berry, it also relieves some pressure from Kyogre. freeing the groudon slot allows you to afford a rock polish Groudon on the build to help vs opposing offense, I would personally go with Double Dance (Rock Polish Swords Dance) to help with breaking balance/defensive teams aswell.

Following these changes is darkrai leading due to the loss of Deo-a to threaten an Anti-lead, you could try a scarf Xerneas with sleep talk moonblast or Alternatively Magic Coat on Arceus to anti lead vs Darkrai and even Deoxys-Speed teams if you dont want to drop Geomancy Xerneas.
Dialga @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder / Roar

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Good luck with your team

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)