Gen 8 SHEDINJA STALL : An Advanced Guide to MU Locking

NA Weezing

Banned deucer.
Come the time has
1621031203896.png
Beware : After reading this thread, you'll master the power of the cancer dark side.

Table of Contents :
1. Introduction & Pokepaste
2. Team Building Process
3. Rotations
4. Auto-Lose MUs
5. Replays
6. Peak & Efficiency

1. Introduction & Pokepaste :

Hello there Challenger !
Are you fed up with Volt Turn Teams ?
Do you feel like your brain is no longer able to think after battling thousand and thousand of players making irrational plays on ladder ?
1621031959091.png
You have a lot of time ahead of you and don't figure out how to make it profitable ?
If it indeed is the case, let me relief your pain, because you'll learn to cancel your opponent's plays so many times he'll have no choice but forfeiting.

Note : All along your reading, make sure to get the following Pokepaste in order to have a quick-preview of the team in mind.
If you henceforth meet the aforementioned requirements, let's move on to the next part !

2. Team Building Process :

:ss/shedinja:
Shedinja @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Hex
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp

Why did I choose it ?
My initial intention was to build around Shedinja, in order to block as much breaker as possible. Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, Tapu Fini, Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, Slowbro, Slowking, Kyurem are the threats you'll love to face, being deadweights for your opponents from teampreview to the end of the battle.
Other Pokemons will get walled depending on their moveset, namely Blissey, Regieleki, Magnezone, Melmetal, Clefable, Skarmory and even Corviknight which you'll check with Ditto in order to be sure they cannot hit your Shedinja.
Shedinja's Heavy-Duty Boots are mandatory as we do not run a way to be 100% sure Stealth Rocks will be set on our side, otherwise we would have run Safety Googles.

How did I choose the moves ?
- It is intended to be our Anti-Future-Sight pokemon, Trading its 16 Protect's PPs against 16 Future Sight PPs.
- Toxic and Will-O-Wisp will mainly hit Ferrothorn, Clefable, Slowtwins, Toxapex, Heatran on switch-in, being usual status absorber in most of Balanced teams, but will heavily punish any team that isn't running one of them, like Landorus, Hydreigon, Swampert, Volcarona, Tornadus-T and so one.
- Hex abuses of both Toxic and Will-O-Wisp usage, while it could be a pity not to use a physical set using Shedinja's 90 Base Atk Stat, this move doubles its Base Power while the target is statused and has quite enough PPs to make it reliable on the long term, an average of 130 BP with 30 Base Spa Stat and 16 PPs is all you'll ever need in a Stall Team.

Why did I not choose this / those move(s) ?
- Shadow Sneak is a contact move, which means you'll more likely fear to use it when a Ferrothorn, a Garchomp or any potential Rocky Helmet user is in the opposite team.
- Poltergeist only has 8 PPs, plus it only activates if the target still holds its item, which does not combine well with Toxapex's Knock Off.
- Swords Dance is only useful in combination with one of the aforementioned moves, as I don't play them, I don't run it neither.

:ss/blissey:
Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA / 30 Spe
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Teleport
- Stealth Rock

Why did I choose it ?
Blissey's normal typing combined with fat stats in HP and Spe Def makes it hard to bypass for any Special Sweeper. Its wide movepool allows it to shoulder many roles in any kind of team and Natural Cure eases the Kyurem PP stalling process with Shedinja. It is intended to switch into Dragapult, Hydreigon, Nidoking, Zapdos, Volcarona, Slowking-Galar, Kyurem, Regieleki, Pelipper as well as other Special Based Pokemons if needed.
Blissey's Heavy-Duty Boots are mandatory.

- Soft Boiled is mandatory on any Blissey set.
- Seismic Toss is mandatory on any Blissey set.
- Stealth Rocks are needed in all Stall Teams, it fits perfectly well on Blissey which will have a lot of opportunities to set them due to its insane bulk, contrary to Clefable which only comes on the field to counter specific threats.
- Teleport allows a very good synergy between each member of the team, bringing Shedinja safely against Slowking-G, Clefable against Offensive Volcarona, and punish the opponent with Ditto's capability to check the opposing moveset. You can also regenerate your Toxapex safely if needed using Blissey's Teleport. 30 IVs in Speed will make your Blissey generally slower than opponent's ones using Teleport.

- Aromatherapy fits better on Clefable, and was less interesting than previously mentioned moves.
- Toxic is a move Blissey wouldn't even be able to benefit from, as all opponents will put their Poison / Status immunity in front of it to check it first, plus Shedinja and Toxapex already spread it nicely.
- Thunder Wave is a move you wouldn't like to run as it would make the PP stalling task way harder against Pokemons such as Clefable, Toxapex and Corviknight.
- Counter could be interesting, but there's no 5th moveslot unfortunately. This move is less interesting than previously mentioned moves.
- Wish could be interesting as well, but playing it with Teleport is forbidden, and we're obviously privileging Teleport for reasons above.

:ss/toxapex:
Toxapex @ Shed Shell
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 19 Spe
- Recover
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Scald

Why did I choose it ?
Toxapex is your T1 lead, planned to sponge any unexpected situations such as Trick / Choice Locked users and trades status for damages you'll cancel with Regenerator later. It's a prior switch in to Specs Dragapult, preventing it to spam U Turn on Blissey until it can't switch into it, hence those 100 SpD Evs to live 2 Shadow Balls after Stealth Rock's damage. It's also worth mentioning Toxapex lives the combination of SR+MS+EP from Heatran thanks to 80 initial Spe Def EVs, but I rounded it up to ease the Dragapult MU. 19 IVs Speed as well as a Relaxed nature allows it to outspeed the rare Alola-Marowak under Trick Room so that you can Knock it Off first on Switch in and live 2 Earthquake. Make sure to abuse Toxapex's ability to PP stall the least PP your opponent uses, while the combination with Ditto against other Regenerator users makes you win any stallish duel on the long term.
Toxapex's Shed Shell is preferred to avoid being trapped by other Block Spite Toxapex, Whirlpool Urshifu / Primarina / Azumarill, and mainly Heatran's Magma Storm, allowing you to get your free Knock Off on it.

- Recover is mandatory on any Toxapex set.
- Toxic is required as we do not run it on any member of the team except Shedinja, it puts to timer foes like Landorus-T, Zeraora, Tornadus-T, Hippowdon, Volcarona and so one. Toxapex's Poison Type also makes Toxic's accuracy 100% instead of 90% which is a synergy that'd be a shame not to abuse.
- Knock Off is the safest move to spam on Toxapex, removing Leftovers on defensive pokemons to ease your progression throughout the game. It deals a great amount of damages to unexpected Ghost types such as Aegislash, Gengar and so one as well.
- Scald is played so that you can fish burns in desperate times, but is perhaps the most interchangeable move of Toxapex. I generally prefer it to keep in touch with opposing Scald Toxapex trying to burn me, same goes for Slowking-G that likes to switch in too freely on Toxapex. Overall, its consistency is just great enough to put it above other moves I'll mention in the next paragraph.

- Block isn't played as we would have to run Spite with it, removing both Toxic and Scald that are preferred for previous reasons.
- Haze isn't played as all set up sweepers will be managed by our Unaware Clefable and Ditto if needed. Set up sweepers neither Clefable nor Ditto can deal with such as SD Rillaboom or SD Kartana can be dealt with Iron Defense / Body Press Corviknight.
- Baneful Bunker is Deadweight on this set, we'd even rather to play Spite instead in order to PP stall efficiently. Things it checks such as Choice Locked users will most likely switch instead of clicking U Turn and Banded Rillaboom is already walled by Corviknight.
- Toxic Spikes could be played to 6-0 particular MUs, but is somehow inconsistant wether the opponent runs a Poison type or not.
- Spite may be the move you could try instead of Scald, but still can be Tricky to use at times if the opponent switches out instead of staying in.

:ss/corviknight:
Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Defog

Why did I choose it ?
Corviknight is our best way to remove hazards, as main SR setters are Landorus-T, Garchomp, Clefable, Swampert, Hippowdon, Tyranitar and so one.
In combination with Pressure, there's little to no way to prevent it PP stalling each Stealth Rock PPs from your opponent, same goes for any move that fails to OHKO Corviknight. We don't need to run 88 EVs in Spe Def as Shedinja comes in Tapu Lele freely, allowing us to put everything in Defense. 4 EVs in Speed will help outspeeding opposing Corviknights running 252 / 168 / 88 Defensive EVs if needed.
The Rocky Helmet is preferred over Shed Shell as combinations of Weavile / Rillaboom / Kartana + Magnezone always feature a Knock Off anyway, while the Tapu Lele + Magnezone MU is single-handed by Shedinja.

- Roost is mandatory on any Corviknight set.
- Defog is mandatory on any Corviknight set.
- Iron Defense is used so that SD Garchomp / Rillaboom / Landorus-T / Excadrill as well as Dragon Dance Dragonite and other Iron Defense users get effectively walled by Corviknight in combination with Body Press.
- Body Press is our way to deal damage in synergy with Corviknight's great Defense Stat + Iron Defense.

- U-Turn has no place here as we have to run Iron Defense and Body Press.
- Brave Bird has no place here as we have to run Iron Defense and Body Press.
- Iron Head is deadweight on Stall sets, the gimmickal Hatterene is walled by Unaware Clefable.
- Protect has no place here as we have to run Iron Defense and Body Press.
- Taunt has no place here as we have to run Iron Defense and Body Press.
- Spite has no place here as we have to run Iron Defense and Body Press.

:ss/clefable:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Why did I choose it ?
Clefable's main interest is Unaware, allowing it to stop any set up sweeper that wasn't managed before in the team.
The fairy typing fits way better for an unaware Pokemon than Water and Water / Ground ones in pyukumuku and Quagsire overall, plus it can be used as a Win Condition with the correct moves.
Leftovers are preferred over Heavy-Duty Boots in order to effectively wall LO Garchomp, assuming SR aren't set. The item overall found better use in this team than Heavy-Duty Boots after many try.

- Soft-Boiled is mandatory on any Clefable set.
- Moonblast is mandatory on any Clefable set.
- Calm Mind is used in order to 1v1 any special set up sweeper, namely Volcarona or Suicune, and provides the main win condition on the long term. There isn't any true better move to play on Unaware Clefable that comes to mind.
- Aromatherapy is the guessed last moveslot as we do not run it on Blissey, but fits particularly well on Clefable as it eases the Calm Mind set up against status users.

Why did I not chose this / those moves ?
- Flamethrower often see some usage in Unaware Clefable sets among Stall teams for Kartana or Excadrill, but simply is inferior to Calm Mind and Aromatherapy here.
- Wish is a move that could have been used instead of Calm Mind, but you really need that extra way to sweep late game with Clefable, and you'll rarely need to heal anything with it in this Stall team.
- Protect is quite useless on Clefable, the only interest could be to abuse from Leftovers recovery but it remains inferior to Aromatherapy and Calm Mind, and if you want to play Wish + Protect well you simply replace Protect with Soft-Boiled so you don't really run Protect. Not to mention the fact Protect don't even work against Urshifu's Surging Strike.

:ss/ditto:
Ditto @ Air Balloon
Ability: Imposter
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Transform

Why did I choose it ?
Ditto's unique ability was the perfect choice for this team. The ability it has to get infinite PPs against other stallish builds such as Regecore or Pressure Mons make it at your advantage on the long term. Also, you can check opposing sets to know wether Shedinja walls X pokemon or not if needed.
Every aspect of this Ditto is important, from the shiny to the 252 Spa EVs.
The 252 Spa EVs are used in order to steal more powerful Future Sights from Slowtwins, as even if you cast Future Sight while being a Slowbro / Slowking(-G), if you then switch out your Ditto, only Ditto's Special Attack Base Stat will be taken in count instead of the copied caster one. Note that if you indeed cast Future Sight while being a Slowbro / Slowking(-G), then switch out the next turn and then come back on the field with Ditto on Future Sight's hit turn, the Future Sight damages will be calculated with the actual Special Attack Stat copy, taking in count its Spa Boosts and so one.
The Shiny version of Ditto is important so that you force opposing non-shiny-dittos to transform into you, avoiding the 1v1 duel with 16 Transform PPs in both sides to happen. Then the Quiet nature and 0 IVs in speed make all sense, as you should be slower than opposing Dittos, they will Transform first into you, having only 5 Transform PPs while you have 16 PPs, they'll reach Struggle first and will lose the 1v1 duel.
The Air Balloon allows you to hard-counter Heatran also known as the Stall Shredder using MS + Taunt + Toxic and Earth Power or Protect in general. Other foes such as Excadrill, Hippowdon, sometimes Nidoking, Garchomp, Melmetal and Tyranitar are worth mentionning as Ditto Air Balloon can come in at least one time to check the foe's set if needed, but you'll generally only do that if Heatran isn't in the opposite team making sure to keep your precious Air Balloon.
For those finding illogic not to play the classic Choice Scarfed version of Ditto, as a regular stall player, I'd rather wall at 100% certainty Heatran regardless the set it has and yet risk 50/50 speed ties against Set Up sweepers Unaware Clefable should already wall than being unable to safely switch into Heatran and be sure to unecessary outspeed Set Up sweepers Clefable already manages.

1621031386537.png

1621031432260.png

3. Rotations :

In this part, I'll explain how to successfully wall specific Pokemons with minimum PP loss from your side using a rotation involving 1, 2 or 3 pokemon(s) of the team.
This process is close to be automatic, and could be used for projects involving AI or algorithm if everything goes according to the plan.

Chosen pokemons will be those currently played in OU, as well as a personal selection of worth-mentioning pokemons in lower tiers such as Suicune, Thundurus-T and UUBL pokemons such as Weavile, Blaziken and so one.
I'll also mention how to play around important cores that could be problematic on the long term in a dedicated spoiler.
To avoid writing a second bible, I'll use spoiler commands. You can skip this part if you're not interested in reading it yet, or you can come back to it later if you need it while battling with this team.

:ss/bisharp:
Team Pattern 1 :
Capture d’écran 2021-05-12 à 11.27.33.png

Guessed set :

Bisharp @ Black Glasses / Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Corviknight.
T1 : If Bisharp used Swords Dance on switch in -> T2 : Use Body Press (Bisharp used Knock Off, dealing 71,2% to 84% *on Corviknight and fainted).
T1 : If Bisharp used Knock Off on switch in -> T2 : Use Roost. If the Bisharp used :
- Swords Dance -> T3 : Use Body Press (Bisharp used Knock Off, dealing 47.5 - 56.2% *).
- Knock Off -> T3 : Use Roost. If the Bisharp used :
Swords Dance -> T4 : Use Body Press (Bisharp used Knock Off, dealing 47,5-56,2% *)
Knock Off -> T4 : Use Body Press (Corviknight is at 90% HP at worst). -> TX : Repeat the process.
Switched Out -> T4 : Switch Out accordingly to the opponent's choice. -> TX : Repeat the process.

- Switched Out -> T3 : Switch Out accordingly to the opponent's choice. -> TX : Repeat the process.

Team Pattern 2 :
Capture d’écran 2021-05-12 à 12.50.49.png

Guessed set :
Bisharp @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Beat Up
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Toxapex.
T1 : If Bisharp used Knock Off or Beat Up on switch in -> T2 : Switch Out to Clefable. If the Bisharp used Knock Off or Beat Up -> T3 : Use Soft-Boiled. If Bisharp Switched Out -> T4 : Switch Out accordingly to the opponent's choice -> TX Repeat the process.
T1 : If Bisharp used Iron Head on switch in -> T2 : Use Knock Off. If the Bisharp used :
- Iron Head -> T3 : Use Scald. If the Bisharp used Knock Off -> Switch Out to Corviknight. Start the according process.
- Switched Out -> T3 : Switch Out accordingly to the opponent's choice. -> TX : Repeat the process.

:ss/blissey:
No different Team Pattern needed to wall it.
Guessed set :

Blissey @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave / Toxic / Stealth Rock
- Teleport / Aromatherapy
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Blissey / (Ditto) / (Shedinja) / Toxapex / Corviknight
T1 : If Blissey used Seismic Toss, Thunder Wave, Aromatherapy or Soft-Boiled on switch in -> T2 : Use Teleport. If the opponent's Blissey used :
- Teleport :
Before you -> Switch Out accordingly to the opponent's choice using Teleport. -> TX : Repeat the process.
After you -> Use Teleport into Ditto. Check Blissey's moves and start the PP stalling process by switching between Shedinja and Toxapex if it doesn't have Toxic neither Stealth Rock until Blissey switches out.
- Any other move except Stealth Rocks and Toxic -> Use Teleport into Ditto. Check Blissey's moves and start the PP stalling process by switching between Shedinja and Toxapex if it doesn't have Toxic neither Stealth Rock until Blissey switches out.
T1 : If Blissey used Toxic or Stealth Rock on switch in -> T2 : Use Stealth Rock. If the opponent's Blissey used :
- Teleport -> Switch Out accordingly to the opponent's choice. -> TX : Repeat the process.
- Any other move -> T3 : Switch Out to Toxapex. If Blissey used :
Seismic Toss -> T4 : Use Knock Off. If Blissey used Seismic Toss -> T5 : Switch Out to Corviknight. If Blissey used any move except Teleport -> T6 : Use Defog if SR are up or Iron Defense. If Blissey used Stealth Rock -> T7...TX : Use Defog if SR are up or Iron Defense. Repeat the process for each Stealth Rock used.
Any other move except Teleport -> T4 : Use Knock Off. Repeat the previous process involving Toxapex vs Blissey.
T1 : If Blissey used Teleport on switch in -> T2 : Switch Out accordingly to the opponent's choice. -> TX : Repeat the process.

:ss/clefable:
Team Patterns cannot help determine which set it'll run.
Guessed sets :

Clefable @ Leftovers / Sticky barb
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock / Wish
- Knock Off / Trick / Aromatherapy
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Toxapex / Corviknight
T1 : If Clefable used any of this moves on switch in -> T2 : Use Knock Off. If Clefable used any of those moves except Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Flamethrower -> T3 : Switch Out into Corviknight. If Clefable used any of those moves except Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Flamethrower -> T4 : Use Defog if SR are up or Iron Defense. If Clefable used any of those moves moves except Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Flamethrower -> T5...TX : Use Defog if SR are up or Iron Defense. Repeat the process for each Stealth Rock used.

Clefable @ Life Orb / Leftovers / Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Magic Guard / Unaware
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunderbolt / Thunder / Flamethrower / Aromatherapy
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Toxapex / Blissey / (Ditto) / (Shedinja) / Clefable
T1 : If Clefable used any of those moves except Thunder on switch in :
-> T2 : Use Knock Off. If Clefable used any of those moves -> T3 : Switch Out to Blissey. If Clefable used any of those moves on switch in -> T4 : Use Teleport into Ditto. If Clefable used any of those moves on switch in -> T5 : Switch Out to Shedinja if there are no Super Effective moves or to Toxapex if there are. If Clefable used any of those moves on switch in -> T6 : Switch Out to Clefable. If Clefable used :
Moonblast on switch in -> T7 : Use Soft Boiled and start the CM War until the opponent's Clefable switches out. Occasionally, switch out to Shedinja or Toxapex to save PPs.
Any other moves on switch in -> T7 : Use Calm Mind and start the CM War until the opponent's Clefable switches out.Occasionally, switch out to Shedinja or Toxapex to save PPs.
T1 : If Clefable used Thunder on switch in :
-> T2 : Switch Out to Blissey. If Clefable used any of those moves on switch in -> T3 : Use Teleport into Ditto. If Clefable used any of those moves on switch in -> T4 : Switch Out to Shedinja if there are no Super Effective moves or to Toxapex if there are. If Clefable used any of those moves on switch in -> T5 : Switch Out to Clefable. If Clefable used :
Moonblast on switch in -> T6 : Use Soft Boiled and start the CM War until the opponent's Clefable switches out. Occasionally, switch out to Shedinja or Toxapex to save PPs.
Any other moves on switch in -> T6 : Use Calm Mind and start the CM War until the opponent's Clefable switches out. Occasionally, switch out to Shedinja or Toxapex to save PPs.

:ss/corviknight:
Team Pattern 1 (sole Defogger) :
Capture d’écran 2021-05-13 à 00.01.24.png

Guessed set :
Corviknight @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Body Press
- U-turn / Iron Defense / Brave Bird
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Corviknight / Toxapex / Clefable / (Ditto) / (Shedinja)
T1 : If Corviknight used any moves except Defog or U-Turn on switch in -> T2 : Use Iron Defense. If Corviknight didn't use Defog -> T3 : Use Iron Defense. If Corviknight didn't use Defog -> T4 : Use Iron Defense. If Corviknight didn't use Defog -> T5 : Switch Out to Toxapex. If Corviknight used any moves ->
T6 : Use Knock Off. If Corviknight used any moves -> T7...TX : Use Scald until you get the burn. If Corviknight used any moves -> TX : Define Corviknight + Toxapex as the sole switch rotation to do each time Corviknight comes in, BUT whenever the opposing Corviknight comes in while SR are up on the opposing side, repeat the initial process until it does Defog on your own Corviknight.
T1 : If Corviknight used U-Turn on switch in -> Switch Out accordingly to the opponent's choice. -> TX : Repeat the process.
T1 : If Corviknight used Defog on switch in -> T2 : Switch Out to Toxapex. If Corviknight used any moves on switch in ->
T3 : Use Knock Off. If Corviknight used any moves -> T4...TX : Use Scald until you get the burn. If Corviknight used any moves -> TX : Define Corviknight + Toxapex as the sole switch rotation to do each time Corviknight comes in, BUT whenever the opposing Corviknight comes in while SR are up on the opposing side, repeat the initial process until it does Defog on your own Corviknight.

Team Pattern 2 (sole Tapu Lele SI + 2 Potential Defoggers) :
Capture d’écran 2021-05-13 à 00.39.54.png

Guessed set :
Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Substitute
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Corviknight / Clefable / (Ditto)
T1 : If Corviknight used any moves on switch in -> T2 : Switch Out to Clefable. If Corviknight used any moves on switch in -> T1,T2 : Repeat the process.

:ss/dragapult:
Team Pattern 1 :
Capture d’écran 2021-05-13 à 11.27.19.png

Guessed set :
Dragapult @ Choice Specs / Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball / Thunder Wave / Will-O-Wisp
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Hex
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Toxapex / Blissey / Clefable
T1 : If Dragapult used any moves except Draco Meteor or U-Turn on switch in -> T2 : Use Knock Off. If Dragapult used any moves -> T3 : Switch Out to Blissey. If Dragapult used any moves except U-Turn on switch in -> T4 : Use Stealth Rock. If Dragapult used any moves except U-Turn -> T5 : Use Teleport into Toxapex. If Dragapult used any moves on switch in -> T6 : Switch Out to Blissey. If Dragapult used any moves except U-Turn -> T5,T6 : Repeat the process.
T1 : If Dragapult used Draco Meteor on switch in -> T2 : Switch Out to Blissey. If Dragapult used any moves on switch in -> T3 : Use Stealth Rock, Define Blissey as the main switch in to Dragapult. If Dragapult used any moves -> T4...TX : Repeat the process.
T1 : If Dragapult used U-Turn on switch in -> T2 : Switch Out accordingly to the opponent's choice. -> T1,T2 : Repeat the process.

Team Pattern 2 :

Guessed set :
Dragapult @ Leftovers / Weakness Policy / Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Substitute / Flamethrower / Sucker Punch
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Toxapex / Clefable
T1 : If Dragapult used any move on switch in -> T2 : Use Knock Off. If Dragapult used any move -> T3 : Switch Out to Clefable. If Dragapult used any move on switch in -> T4 : Use Moonblast. If Dragapult used any move -> T5 : Use Moonblast.
Tips : If Dragapult's set appears to be Sub DD DDarts P Force, you can indefinitely switch between Clefable and Blissey due to Ghost and Dragon types immunities.

:ss/dragonite:
No Team Pattern needed to wall it.
Guessed set :

Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dual Wingbeat / Dual Wingbeat
- Earthquake / Heal Bell / Defog
- Roost
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Clefable / (Toxapex) / (Corviknight)
T1 : If Dragonite used any move on switch in -> T2 : use Moonblast. If Dragonite used any move -> T3 : Use Moonblast. If Dragonite used any move -> T2,T3 : Repeat the process.
Tips : You can speed up the process by sending Toxapex and use Toxic / Knock Off first. Corviknight is also a great option with Iron Defense + Body Press to beat Dragonite.

:ss/excadrill:
Guessed set :

Excadrill @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker / Sand Rush
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock / Swords dance
- Toxic / Rapid Spin / Rock Slide
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Corviknight / (Ditto)
T1 : If Excadrill used any move on switch in -> T2 : Use Defog if SR are up or Iron Defense. If Excadrill used any move -> T3 : Use Defog if SR are up or Body Press. If Excadrill used Stealth Rock -> T4 : Use Defog. If Excadrill used Stealth Rock -> T3,T4 : Repeat the process.

:ss/ferrothorn:
Guessed set :

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Careful Nature
- Spikes / Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Corviknight / Toxapex / (Ditto)
Rule 1 : Whenever Ferrothorn uses Leech Seed on Corviknight, Switch Out to Toxapex, then switch back to Corviknight.
Rule 2 : If Stealth Rock are up on your side while Corviknight is active against Ferrothorn, Use Defog.
Rule 3 : If 2 layers or more of Spikes are up on your side while Corviknight is active against Ferrothorn, Use Defog.
Rule 4 : Ignore any other move used by Ferrothorn while repeating this process.
Tips : Use Knock Off or Scald after Toxapex's switch in to remove Ferrothorn's item or to attempt burning it.

:ss/garchomp:
Guessed set :

Garchomp @ Leftovers / Life Orb / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Toxic
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang / Stone Edge / Stealth Rock
- Scale Shot / Rest / Flamethrower
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Corviknight / Clefable / (Ditto) / (Shedinja)
Rule 1 : Whenever Garchomp uses Swords Dance on Corviknight, Use Iron Defense.
Rule 2 : If Stealth Rock are up on your side while Corviknight is active against Garchomp, Use Defog.
Rule 3 : Ignore any other move used by Garchomp while repeating this process.
Tips : If you fear Garchomp's critical hit on Stone Edge, Switch Out to Clefable if he is at +2 Atk against Corviknight. If Corviknight is at +6 Defense against a +6 Atk Garchomp, Use Body Press after healing your Corviknight at full.

:ss/hawlucha:
Guessed set :

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed / Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Taunt
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Clefable / (Ditto)
T1 : If Hawlucha used any move in switch in -> T2 : Use Moonblast. If Hawlucha used any move -> TX : Repeat the process.
Tips : If needed, you can try to switch in Ditto on a Close Combat, losing Air Ballon while copying Hawlucha will activate its ability unburden, allowing you to maybe get the tie and kill it.

:ss/heatran:
Guessed set :

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic / Protect / Stealth Rock
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Ditto / Toxapex / (Blissey)
Rule 1 : If Heatran cannot set SR neither hit Ditto after checking his set, Use Magma Storm with Ditto until he switches out.
Rule 2 : If Heatran can set SR but cannot hit Ditto after checking his set, Use Stealth Rock with Ditto then Magma Storm until he switches out. Define Toxapex as the main Heatran switch in until he lost his Leftovers by Toxapex's Knock Off.
Rule 3 : If Heatran cannot set SR but can hit Ditto after checking his set, Define Blissey and Toxapex as the sole rotation to use in order to wall it.
Rule 4 : Ignore any move used by Heatran except Stealth Rock while repeating this process.

:ss/hippowdon:
Guessed set :

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Whirlwind
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Corviknight / (Toxapex) / (Ditto)
Rule 1 : If Stealth Rock are up on your side while Corviknight is active against Hippowdon, Use Defog. In other case, Use Iron Defense.
Rule 2 : Ignore any move used by Hippowdon while repeating this process.
Tips : If you want to speed up the process, switch out to Toxapex and use Toxic, Knock Off or Scald. If Hippowdon doesn't have Toxic, switching on Ditto is a possibility.

:ss/hydreigon:
Guessed set :

Hydreigon @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon / Nasty Plot / Defog
- Roost
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Blissey / Clefable / (Toxapex)
T1 : If Hydreigon used any move on switch in -> T2 : Use Teleport into Clefable. If Hydreigon used any move on switch in -> T3 : Use Moonblast. If Hydreigon used any move -> TX : Repeat the process.
Tips : You can switch in Toxapex in order to Toxic or Knock Off Hydreigon to speed up the process. If it appears Hydreigon is Defensive with Defog, you can try to PP stall opposing Defog by switching Corviknight in.

:ss/kartana:
Team Pattern 1 :
Capture d’écran 2021-05-13 à 17.04.36.png

Guessed set :
Kartana @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Corviknight / (Toxapex) / (Shedinja) / (Ditto)
T1 : If Kartana used any move except Leaf Blade or Smart Strike on switch in -> T2 : Use Roost. If Kartana used any move -> T3 : Use Body Press. If Kartana used any move -> T2,T3 : Repeat the process.
T1 : If Kartana used any move except Sacred Sword or Knock Off on switch in -> T2 : Use Body Press. If Kartana used any move -> T3 : Use Body Press. If Kartana used any move -> T2,T3 : Repeat the process.
Tips : You can eventually switch Toxapex, Shedinja or Ditto if needed in order to spare Corviknight's HPs.

Team Pattern 2 :
Capture d’écran 2021-05-13 à 17.04.04.png

Guessed set :
Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Corviknight / (Ditto) / (Toxapex)
T1 : If Kartana used Swords Dance on switch in -> T2 : Use Body Press. If Kartana used any move -> T3 : Use Body Press. If Kartana used any move -> T4 : Bring in Ditto and try to get the speed tie.
Tips : Instead of trading Corviknight, you can also try to Knock Off Kartana with Toxapex (50% chance to die vs +2 Leaf Blade LO Kartana) and switch back to Clefable once done, or you can try to sack an useless Pokemon instead.

:ss/kyurem:
Guessed set :

Kyurem @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Choice Specs
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute / Focus Blast / Draco Meteor
- Roost / Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Shedinja / Blissey
Rule 1 : Ignore any move used by Kyurem during the rule 2 process.
Rule 2 : Switch Out indefinitely between Shedinja and Blissey until Kyurem leaves the field.

:ss/landorus-therian:
Team Pattern 1 :

Guessed set :
Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Swords Dance / Rock Tomb / Imprison
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Corviknight
T1 : If Landorus-T used any move on switch in -> T2 : Use Iron Defense. If Landorus-T used any move -> T3 : Use Roost. If Landorus-T used any move -> T4 : Use Roost. If Landorus-T used any move -> TX : Repeat the process.
Tips : You can try to use Roost on T2 instead of Iron Defense if you're sure Landorus-T doesn't run Swords Dance. You can try to spam Defog since T2 instead of using Iron Defense if you're sure Landorus-T doesn't run Explosion.

Team Pattern 2 :
Capture d’écran 2021-05-13 à 19.17.30.png

Guessed set :
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Corviknight
Rule 1 : If Stealth Rock are up on your side while Corviknight is active against Landorus-T, Use Defog. In other case, Use Iron Defense.
Rule 2 : Ignore any move except Stealth Rock used by Landorus-T.
Tips : Other Choice scarfed sets and Swords Dance sets are also managed by those Rules.

:ss/magnezone:
This pokemon belong to "Auto-Lose MUs" part and won't be taken in count for our rotations.

:ss/mandibuzz:
Guessed set :

Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 152 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Corviknight / Toxapex / Clefable / (Blissey) / (Ditto)
Rule 1 : If SR are up on the opponent's side, stay in with Corviknight against Mandibuzz until it uses Defog. Use Iron Defense and Body Press to Stall Turns.
Rule 2 : If SR aren't up on the opponent's side, Switch Out to Toxapex instead of Corviknight. Use Knock Off, Toxic to threaten it until it switches out.
Rule 3 : If it appears neither Corviknight nor Toxapex can come in Mandibuzz, Switch Out to Clefable instead and threaten it with Moonblast and Calm Mind until it switches out.
Rule 4 : Ignore any move except Defog used by Mandibuzz in this process.
Tips : You can also use Ditto to steal Mandibuzz's Defog if needed, or eventually switch out to Blissey to set SR once again. In Ditto's case, be sure Heatran isn't in the opposite team.

:ss/melmetal:
Guessed sets :

Melmetal @ Choice Band / Assault Vest / Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Superpower / Protect
- Thunder Punch / Toxic
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Toxapex / Shedinja / (Corviknight)
Tips : Check the set with Toxapex first. By calculating damages done, identify Melmetal's item.
Rule 1 : If you identified an Assault Vest or Choice Banded set, switch out to Shedinja. Use Will-O-Wisp, or Switch back to Toxapex as it is unlikely to stay in.
Rule 2 : If you identified a Leftovers set, switch out to Corviknight. Use Iron Defense to PP stall it. Occasionally, switch back to Toxapex to get health back using Regenerator.

:ss/nidoking:
Guessed sets :

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt / Ice Beam / Substitute
- Flamethrower
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Blissey / (Ditto)
T1 : If Nidoking used any move on switch in -> T2 : Use Stealth Rock. If Nidoking used any move -> T3 : Use Seismic Toss. If Nidoking used any move -> T4 : Use Seismic Toss. If Nidoking used any move -> T3,T4 : Repeat the process.
Tips : If needed, Ditto could come in Earth Power thanks to its Air Balloon and try to get the tie.

:ss/pelipper:
Guessed set :

Pelipper @ Damp Rock / Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost / Weather Ball
- U-turn
- Defog / Hurricane
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Toxapex / Blissey / (Shedinja)
Tips : Check the set with Toxapex first. Determine wether it runs Hurricane or not to know if Shedinja could switch in it.
Rule 1 : If you identified a Damp Rock set, stay in with Toxapex and attempt to Toxic or Knock Off Pelipper. If there's no Hurricane, you can indefinitely switch between Shedinja and Toxapex to PP stall it until it switches out.
Rule 2 : If you identified a Choice Specs set, switch out to Blissey. Use Stealth Rock and Seismic Toss until it switches out.
Rule 3 : Ignore any move used by Pelipper except U-Turn by repeating this process.

:ss/regieleki:
Guessed set :

Regieleki @ Light Clay / Heavy-Duty Boots / Choice Specs
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Reflect / Extreme Speed
- Light Screen / Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin / Thunderbolt
- Explosion / Rapid Spin
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Shedinja / (Corviknight) / (Blissey)
T1 : If Regieleki used any moves on switch in -> T2 : Use Toxic or Will-O-Wisp. If Regieleki used any moves -> T3 : Use Toxic or Will-O-Wisp. If Regieleki used any moves -> T2,T3 : Repeat the process.
Tips : Using Shedinja, identify Regieleki's set. If you fear the rare Ancient Power, switch out to Blissey first to check it, then switch back to Shedinja if it doesn't run it.

:ss/rillaboom:
Guessed sets :

Rillaboom @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer / Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn / Superpower
- Knock Off
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Corviknight / Toxapex / Clefable / (Shedinja)
Tips : Using Corviknight, identify Rillaboom's set.
Rule 1 : If you identified a Choice Banded set, stay in with Corviknight. Use Iron Defense if little to no damages were taken, Defog if SR are up or Roost to stall it.
Rule 2 : If you identified a Life Orb set on switch in -> T2 : Use Iron Defense and start the duel using Corviknight if Rillaboom used Swords Dance, or switch out to Toxapex if he didn't use Swords Dance to then use Knock Off. Once Knocked Off, you can switch out to Unaware Clefable to wall it.

:ss/skarmory:
Guessed sets :

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers / Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind / Iron Defense / Toxic
- Body Press
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Toxapex / Corviknight / Clefable / Shedinja / (Ditto)
Tips : Using Toxapex, try to Scald burn Skarmory. If Heatran isn't in the opposite team, you can use Ditto to steal Spikes or Iron Defense's progress to your advantage.
Rule 1 : If 2 layers or more of Spikes are on your side, switch out to Corviknight, Use Defog.
Rule 2 : If Skarmory's set is known without Toxic, Define Shedinja + Toxapex + Corviknight as the sole rotation to use to wall it.
Rule 3 : Ignore any move used by Skarmory, except Iron Defense. In Iron Defense case, Scald burn it first and then switch out to Corviknight to cancel Spikes progress.

:ss/slowbro:
Guessed set :

Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Scald / Ice Beam
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Blissey / Shedinja / (Ditto)
Rule 1 : Whenever Slowbro uses Future Sight while Blissey is active, switch out to Shedinja. If Slowbro used Teleport on switch in, Use Protect.
Rule 2 : Whenever Slowbro uses any move except Future Sight while Blissey is active, stay in with Blissey. Use Stealth Rock or Seismic Toss until Slowbro uses Future Sight, in which case repeat "Rule 1" process.
Rule 3 : Ignore any move used by Slowbro except Future Sight while repeating this process.
Tips : This process allows to spare PPs by switching in Blissey first and then Shedinja if it indeed used Future Sight. If Heatran isn't in the opposite team, you can also use Ditto in order to steal Slowbro's Regenerator and Future Sight to stall it.

:ss/slowking:
Guessed set :

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
- Teleport
-> Answer :
Rule 1 : Follow all Slowbro's rotation Rules and Tips.

:ss/slowking-galar:
Guessed set :

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Scald / Earthquake
-> Answer :
Rule 1 : Whenever Slowking-G uses Future Sight while Blissey is active, use Teleport into Shedinja. Even if Slowking-G switches out this turn, Use Protect.
Rule 2 : Whenever Slowking-G uses any move except Future Sight while Blissey is active, use Soft Boiled, Stealth Rock or Seismic Toss.
Rule 3 : Ignore any move used by Slowking-G except Future Sight while repeating this process.
Tips : Using Blissey's Teleport first allows you to avoid a deadly Flamethrower on Shedinja's switch in to successfully use Protect on Future Sight. If Heatran isn't in the opposite team, you can also use Ditto in order to steal Slowking-G's Regenerator and Future Sight to stall it.

:ss/swampert:
Guessed set :

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flip Turn
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Protect / Rest
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Corviknight / Toxapex
Rule 1 : If SR are up on your side while Corviknight is active, use Defog.
Rule 2 : Ignore any move used by Swampert except Stealth Rock while repeating this process.
Tips : You can speed up the process by sending Toxapex on switch in, in order to Toxic or Knock Off Swampert. Beware of Stealth Rock usage while doing so.

:ss/tapu fini:
Guessed set :

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers / Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind / Trick
- Taunt / Defog
- Draining Kiss / Moonblast
- Scald / Hydro Pump
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Toxapex / Shedinja / (Blissey) / (Clefable)
Tips : Check Tapu Fini's set using Toxapex at first. If it appears Tapu Fini doesn't run Trick neither Knock Off, you can speed up the process by switching Blissey in to spam Seismic Toss. You can also use Unaware Clefable if it becomes annoying using Calm Mind if needed.
Rule 1 : If you identified a Choice Scarfed set, stay in with Toxapex. Use Knock Off and Scald / Toxic once Misty Terrain disappeared.
Rule 2 : If you identified a Leftovers set, stay in with Toxapex. Use Knock Off, then switch out to Shedinja if it doesn't run Knock Off. You can indefinitely switch between Toxapex and Shedinja if needed.

:ss/tapu koko:
Guessed set :

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn / Volt Switch
- Roost / Grass Knot
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Shedinja
T1 : If Tapu Koko used any move on switch in -> T2 : Use Toxic. If Tapu Koko used any move -> T3 : Use Hex. If Tapu Koko used any move -> TX : Repeat T3.
Tips : You can also use Will-O-Wisp on T2 if you need to target an obvious Ferrothorn, Toxapex or Slowking-G switch in.

:ss/tapu lele:
Guessed set :

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Shedinja
Rule 1 : Follow all Tapu Koko's rotation Rules and Tips.

:ss/tornadus-therian:
Guessed set :

Tornadus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn / Nasty Plot / Taunt
- Defog / Focus Blast
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Toxapex / Clefable / (Blissey) / (Corviknight) / (Ditto)
Tips : Using Toxapex, identify Tornadus-T set. If it appears it doesn't run Knock Off, you can switch out to Blissey. If it appears Tornadus-T doesn't run Nasty Plot, you can switch out to Ditto in order to steal Regenerator to stall it.
Rule 1 : If you identified a Nasty Plot set, Use Toxic. Then switch out to Blissey if Tornadus-T used any move. Then switch out to Clefable if Tornadus-T used any move.
Stall it using Soft-Boiled until it switches out. Define then Blissey + Clefable as the sole rotation to use in order to wall it.
Rule 2 : If you identified a Defog set, use Toxic or Knock Off if it runs Taunt. Then stall it using Toxapex + Corviknight or Toxapex + Ditto if it runs Taunt.
Rule 3 : Ignore any move used by Tornadus-T except Nasty Plot while repeating this process.

:ss/toxapex:
Guessed set :

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Scald / Toxic / Toxic Spikes / Spite
- Recover
- Haze / Block / Baneful Bunker
- Knock Off
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Toxapex / Corviknight / (Ditto) / (Blissey)
Tips : Using Toxapex, identify Toxapex's set. In order to speed up the stall process, Use Knock Off and try to Scald burn it first. If needed, Clefable can heal status using Aromatherapy trading its Leftovers. If Heatran isn't in the opposite team, use Ditto in order to indefinitely switch between Toxapex and Ditto.
Rule 1 : If you identified a Block Spite set, switch out to Blissey. Use Teleport or Seismic Toss in order to bring back Toxapex or your Ditto safely on it, even if you'd lose Heavy-Duty Boots in the process. If it appears it doesn't run Knock Off, Define Blissey + Toxapex as the sole rotation to use in order to wall it.
Rule 2 : If you identified any other set, Define Toxapex + Corviknight or Toxapex + Ditto if heatran isn't in the opposite team as the sole rotation to use in order to wall it.
Rule 3 : Ignore any move used by Toxapex except Block while repeating this process.

:ss/tyranitar:
This pokemon belong to "Auto-Lose MUs" part and won't be taken in count for our rotations.

:ss/urshifu-rapid-strike:
Guessed set :

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band / Protective Pads
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat / Whirlpool
- Aqua Jet / Taunt
- U-turn / Thunder Punch
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Shedinja / Toxapex
Tips : If needed, you can use Toxapex + Shedinja to indefinitely switch against it to avoid losing Shedinja's PPs.
Rule 1 : Follow all Tapu Koko's rotation Rules and Tips.

:ss/volcarona:
Guessed set :

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost / Psychic
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast / Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz / Safeguard
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Toxapex / Blissey / Clefable / (Ditto)
Tips : Using Toxapex, identify Volcarona's set.
Rule 1 : If you identified a Psychic set, use Toxic or Knock Off. Then Switch Out to Blissey in order to stall it spamming Soft-Boiled.
Rule 2 : If you identified a Safeguard set, use Knock Off. Then Switch Out to Blissey Use Stealth Rock and Use Teleport into Clefable. Start using Calm Mind to win the duel.
Rule 3 : If it appears Toxapex has less than 93% HPs on switch in, switch out to Blissey. Use Teleport into Clefable. Start using Calm Mind to win the duel.
Rule 4 : Ignore any move except Psychic and Safeguard used by Volcarona while repeating this process.

:ss/zapdos:
Guessed set :

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge / Volt Switch
- Roost
- Heat Wave / Hurricane
- Defog
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Blissey / Toxapex / (Ditto)
Tips : Using Blissey, identify wether Zapdos runs Volt Switch or not. To speed up the process while following "Rule 2", Use Teleport to bring in Toxapex, and trade Discharge damages for Toxic or Knock Off.
Rule 1 : If you identified a Volt Switch Zapdos, start PP stalling all Volt Switch's PPs using Blissey + Toxapex rotation. Stop repeating this process if Toxapex's HP falls down below 50%. Occasionally, Use Soft-Boiled to heal Blissey, even if this means a loss of momentum on the turn it occurs.
Rule 2 : If you identified Zapdos doesn't run Volt Switch, Use Blissey's Stealth Rock while Zapdos uses Defog to stall it. Occasionally, Use Seismic Toss.

:ss/zeraora:
Guessed set :

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch / Toxic / Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Clefable / Toxapex / (Ditto)
Tips : Occasionally, use Ditto on predicted Plasma Fists or Volt Switch in order to duel Zeraora. Use Knock Off, then Close Combat, even if Heatran is in the opposite team. To deal with Heatran, rely then on Toxapex + Blissey. Use Aromatherapy with Clefable against Zeraora if needed.
Rule 1 : If Zeraora comes in Toxapex while it isn't in Plasma Fists range, attempt to Toxic or Knock Off Zeraora.
Rule 2 : If Toxapex is in range of Plasma Fists or Zeraora doesn't run Volt Switch, Switch Out to Clefable. Use Soft-Boiled accordingly to cancel Plasma Fists damage.
Rule 3 : If it appears Zeraora stays in Clefable while Clefable has more than 78% HPs, Use Moonblast.

Note :
- When several pokemons are listed on an "Answer :" category, follow the listed pokemon's order rotation.
- If an opponent's action appears to be different from the ones listed in this algorithm, it means they switched out in an unexpected moment. If it indeed is the case in practice, then repeat the process of Switching Out accordingly to the opponent's choice.
- If a Pokemon's HP drops below 62,5%, always priorise healing for the active pokemon before algorithm's initial recommendation. If Toxapex is supposed to heal itself due to this rule, switch out to the following pokemon in the rotation instead of using a healing move.
- If an opponent's pokemon already revealed its full moveset, then cancel all actions involving Blissey's Teleport into Ditto regarding this Pokemon in order to save Teleport's PPs.
- If it appears SR are up on your field, priorise Corviknight's switch in so that you can use Defog as soon as possible after identifying the unexpected opponent's SR setter. Define then Corviknight as the main switch in to the opponent's SR setter each time it'll come in the field again to use Defog and stall opposing SRs accordingly until all PPs are exhausted.

This Part is currently being written. Wait for more details !

:ss/weavile:

:ss/blaziken:

:ss/suicune:

:ss/thundurus-therian:

:ss/scizor:

:ss/zarude:

:ss/marowak-alola:

:ss/cloyster:

This Part is currently being written. Wait for more details !

Pressure + Hazard Setter
:corviknight: + :ferrothorn:

SR Heatran + Future Sight user
:heatran: + :slowbro:

SR Setter + Defiant user
:landorus-therian: + :zapdos-galar:

Note :
Those rotations doesn't take in count RNG effects, unexpected or gimmickal sets.
It is more than obvious to know a simple algorithm cannot successfully replace a player's mind depending on the situation.
Though, my intention is to provide help to any player that doesn't figure out how to optimize plays at best with this specific team.
If you discover a problem in one of those rotations, I'd be glad to correct rotations in question.

4. Auto-Lose MUs :

In this part, I'll mention Cores or Threats in front of which you should instantly forfeit instead of losing time.
Those threats are common to many Stall Teams, but again, Ditto can reverse many situations if you play well.
I'll mention ways you could escape a loss if you really want to try battling them, but your chances of winning are rather low.
Replays showing such MUs will be used in the next Part to illustrate.

Magnezone + Threat Corviknight has to wall :
:magnezone: + :rillaboom: / :kartana: / :excadrill: / :landorus-therian: / ...
How to steal this MU : Switch Out to Ditto when you expect Magnezone to come in, hope it is Iron Defense, and try to kill it using Ditto. Once Corviknight saved from Magnezone's trap, use previous rotations to wall your opponent as intended.

Sand / Hail setter + Threat Shedinja has to wall :
:tyranitar: / :hippowdon: / :ninetales-alola: + Tapu Lele / Slowbro / Slowking / ...
How to steal this MU : There is no way you'd win this. Forfeit to earn time for a next battle.

Sand / Hail setter + Dracozolt / Arctozolt / Arctovish
:tyranitar: / :hippowdon: / :ninetales-alola: + :dracozolt: / :arctozolt: / :arctovish:
How to steal this MU : Let Shedinja die as a sack when needed. Then, Revenge Kill dracozolt or others using Ditto. The Speed Tie is at your advantage, and is worth it to fish because eliminating the threat should make you win the game. Also, be aware that Clefable can live a hit from regular Dracozolt, abuse from Clefable's position to make your opponent switch out due to Moonblast. Corviknight Iron Defense could also steal the game by clicking Iron Defense, but Dracozolt Teams not running a Fighting resist isn't something you should rely on.

Superpower / Focus Punch Nidoking
:nidoking:
How to steal this MU : Given that Blissey is your usual Nidoking answer, if a Superpower set is known, you should try to spam Soft-Boiled to let it being weakened by its own Life Orb. Occasionally, using Ditto Balloon could make him switch, and could switch in Superpower / Focus Punch once in the battle.

Crawdaunt
:crawdaunt:
How to steal this MU : Switch Out to Toxapex first. Check wether Crawdaunt runs Swords Dance or not. The Banded set should be ok to deal with unless it also runs Crunch once Crawdaunt Knocked Off Toxapex. In Swords Dance's case, you'll have to let one of your most useless Pokemon die, then come back to Clefable and attempt to trade Crabhammer's damages against Crawdaunt.

Garchomp LO Mixed Fire Blast SR Setter + Threat Corviknight has to deal with.
:garchomp: + :rillaboom: / :kartana: / ...
How to steal this MU : There's little to no way to be sure wether Garchomp uses this set or not. If he does, you're baked.

Honorable Mentions :
- Victini :victini: Banded or Heavy-Duty Boots
- Necrozma :necrozma: CM Rest
- Gengar :gengar: Nasty Plot
- Aegislash :aegislash: Mixed Spell Tag
- Rotom-Wash & -Heat :rotom-wash: & :rotom-heat: Volt Switch
- Togekiss :togekiss:
- Toxtricity :toxtricity: Choice Specs with Snarl
- Conkeldurr :conkeldurr: Guts

5. Replays :

In this Part, I'll show you all first 18 replays of my Stall Team on ladder.
"Locked MU" mention means the Matchup was under control accordingly to planned Rotations from teampreview to the end of the game.
Notable MUs will be mentioned, as well as Auto-Lose MUs encountered.
Unpretentiously, I'll also mention the Ladder in which games were played for more clarity.
Losses will be bolded (Check the Ladder Drop), as well as unexpected victories mentioning the reason.

VS : Nasty Plot Slowking-Galar (No Flamethrower). Ladder : 1903 -> 1921
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1335976039-z5zxz8i84w4j9xauhqxnk9or8359i7npw

VS : Locked MU. Ladder : 1870 -> 1883
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1335534851-72nto44z07ee8te847mqdr4l1st5pblpw

VS : Locked MU. Ladder : 1852 -> 1866
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1334682758-qznycp4ld0qutyr2j0mc2mplcyqkpfhpw

VS : Sand TTar + Drill. Ladder : 1851 -> 1862
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1333447468-uangf2fzbbrkmeua2oz2112bzi5pgfapw

VS : Gengar Trick + NPlot. Ladder : 1836 -> 1851
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1333443655-ewbelf83318xtb04xlh2w0hddu975zspw

VS : LO Fire Blast SR Setter Garchomp (Auto-Lose MU). Ladder : 1859 -> 1837
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1333430627-f9z7tthxggprklmvrutj5g91hg1cixwpw

VS : Locked MU. Ladder : 1852 -> 1855
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1333406030-d98u0p2c74ngt5p88szhq5ghy1bya5ppw

VS : :magnezone: + :kartana: + :mamoswine: (Auto-Lose MU) Won using Ditto to Counter Magnezone. Ladder : 1832 -> 1852
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1333378347-rtgmbe62szbyikkxw2nfk49s6z7p825pw

VS : Ditto Fake Stall Won using Ditto Shiny as lead in a Ditto Duel T1. Ladder : 1747 -> 1764
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1330893783-l7r20r0pk8kv2ev116vdfoxtw2hlj23pw

VS : Locked MU. Ladder : 1789 -> 1811
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1330848367-ge82xo16yjh4nrw4lbakal490umozs0pw

VS : Locked MU. Ladder : 1773 -> 1789
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1330847452-1up8dccfrvq108mh7pnarr1bt0oiqn6pw

VS : Locked MU. Ladder : 1744 -> 1762
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1330845466-7221mdfnvsgvri0ngkhyiwut74jdk80pw

VS : Locked MU. Loss due to Parahax. Ladder : 1701 -> 1680
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1330307948-37mmpg4sopxzuveke5uan7dz7nh29yrpw

VS : Locked MU. Ladder : 1712 -> 1732
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1330186187-sz2ktxhs4ucrn7jjkgmrsvtywhbv5vdpw

VS : Stall. Ladder : 1796 -> 1815
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1329865826-eyndov3os5enkk5jz4rebw4ru4ircmtpw

VS : Rain. Ladder : 1904 -> 1912
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1325167297-83uqdwusqwlai0n6inqjxqpxl31x24kpw

VS : Banded Tyrantrum (Imposible but Gimmickal MU). Ladder : 1862 -> 1846
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1328040465-iyd22zapgd21ythnf99ycw4cvq99z8kpw

VS : Triple Regenerator (Zama-C Suspect Test). Ladder : 1818 -> 1841
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1323259493-opqwo5z7howafe46c7m8p0r8zp5c8ygpw

6. Peak & Efficiency :

1621029826975.png

To conclude my thoughts about this Stall Team, I have to say it is one of the rare that made me feel I had a total control of the game whatever my opponent did, and this reached nasty levels at times.
The fact it had the ability to cancel and deny what players used in games was so mean I felt it deserved such a RMT, but again don't get me wrong : If the MU isn't in your favor from teampreview, you're unlikely to win.
Bouncing on the last assumption, this Team abuses the unlikely probability to fall on an "Auto-Lose MU" while playing on Ladder, Roomtour and less regularly tournaments.
The average GxE while running this team was 80%, but I recently managed to cross 82% as shown in the screenshot : It all depends on what you encounter on ladder.

Finally, if you feel any changement would increase this team efficiency, I'd like to know about it !
Ditto could eventually be replaced by a Rest Garchomp, this is the only replacement that I could imagine at the moment.

Thanks for reading, and have fun seeing your opponent rage in tchat !

I know the people above already said this but I wanted to say this is a really nice RMT. This is very well thought out and the team itself looks pretty solid. In my opinion, this is the best RMT I have ever read through and I could see this kind of formatting for an RMT being a sample for newcomers to Smogon. Nice job on your peak, by the way.

At long last, an RMT Team worthy of love.

Absolutely stunning job in explanation of the team members, their moves, and their functions. I especially love the use of Ditto and Shedinja which are commonly not seen in stall all that often; and in addition, the general effect of your great detailing gives a subtle yet complete guideline to their usage that is specific and to the point. Unironically, this is probably the strongest stall team I've seen in gen8ou. The fact that you also made it work against so many losing matchups, especially on ladder, is a very impressive feat. I wasn't even aware Ditto and Shedinja had such niches!

Thank you for blessing us with your wrinkled five-head team, you'll definitely be seeing me using this on ladder!

Last edited:
Hey, I love your team! I am a stall player myself. I personally hate using the metal birds because of magnezone. So, I have some ideas to help with the magnezone problem. I switched corviknight and Toxapex for Bulky Togekiss and Buzzwole and its working great. Togekiss is a great counter to Dragapult and u-turn in general and provides defog and Buzzwole is a much better counter to physical threats than Corviknight. It seems to shore up all the matchups that Corviknight and Toxapex provide but without the threat of Magnezone. Just wanted to know what your thoughts were. It seems like silly changes but they work out.

NA Weezing

Banned deucer.
Hello everyone !

I finished writing the rotation part, unfortunately it has crossed the character limit.
As I can't make it fit in the initial RMT thread, I'll write it here so that you can still get my tips.

Pressure + Hazard Setter
:corviknight: + :landorus-therian:
What will happen :
Your opponent will start setting Stealth Rock, and then will switch out to Corviknight in order to PP Stall your own Defog PPs, leading to a failure of the planned rotation.
How to play around it :
-> Switch Out to Corviknight VS Landorus-T in order to PP Stall Stealth Rock if he used it.
-> 2 Possibilities knowing the opponent may use U-Turn with Landorus-T :
1 : Once your opponent starts sending Corviknight on your Defog Turn, Switch Out to Ditto instead of using Defog with Corviknight (No U-Turn Plan).
2 : Use Iron Defense with your Corviknight instead of using Defog, then Switch Out to Ditto as you're faster than the opposing Corviknight (If U-Turn).
-> Once Ditto effectively copied Corviknight, Use the stolen Defog.
Why does it work :
Using the opponent's Defog with Ditto will prevent your true Defog PPs on Corviknight to get PP Stalled. This way, the opponent won't be able to PP Stall you as he intended to.
Note : This gameplan won't work if Heatran is also in the opposite team. On Turn 1 of the battle, attempt to Toxic the opposing Landorus-T with Toxapex (T1 Lead) if you encounter this core. If you manage to do so, you'll be allowed to ignore this Anti-PP Stall process as Landorus-T will die before you got your Corviknight's Defogs PP Stalled due to Toxic's damages.

SR Heatran + Future Sight user
:heatran: + :slowbro:
What will happen :
Your opponent will use Future Sight -> Teleport with Slowbro and bring Heatran against Shedinja.
During this turn, you won’t be able to switch into Ditto as Future Sight would break your Air Balloon.
Plus, while using Protect to effectively wall the combination of Magma Storm + Future Sight with Shedinja, the opponent will most likely set his own Stealth Rock on your Protect Turn.
How to play around it :
-> Each time your opponent uses Future Sight + Teleport to bring Heatran, Use Protect as intended.
-> If the opponent set Stealth Rock during Shedinja’s Protect Turn, Define Toxapex as the main Heatran switch in until it has been Knocked Off by Toxapex.
-> Once Heatran has been Knocked Off, Define Ditto as the main Heatran Switch in. Use the stolen Stealth Rock with Ditto against Heatran, then wait for the opponent to Defog, in which case Use the stolen Stealth Rock again the next time Heatran comes in.
-> If your opponent cannot Defog, accept to trade Ditto for Heatran.
Why does it work :
Even if Ditto cannot Heal itself while coming on Stealth Rock, Heatran won’t be able neither due to Toxapex’s Knock Off.
Each time your opponent will attempt to make progress, he will take as much residual damages as Ditto, leading to Heatran’s death.
Note : Do not attempt to use Defog with Corviknight while repeating this process. As Corviknight can't come in Heatran, opponent's Stealth Rock PPs cannot be PP Stalled, meaning your Defog PPs will remain inferior to Stealth Rock PPs in the game.
Once Heatran died, you can use Defog again as intended.

SR Setter + Defiant user
:landorus-therian: + :zapdos-galar:
What will happen :
Your opponent will set Stealth Rock, then try to switch out into Zapdos-G on your Defog to get the Defiant Boost and punish your play, leading to a failure of the planned rotation.
How to play around it :
-> Use Iron Defense with Corviknight instead of using Defog against Landorus-T the turn it was intended to, so that you'll punish the likely switch into Zapdos-G effectively.
-> Once Zapdos-G has entered the field, use Defog with Corviknight to get rid of Stealth Rock as intended. During this turn, the opponent will either use Close Combat, Brave Bird, Substitute or U-Turn. Use the Calculator to check the opponent's Zapdos-G set (Choice Banded / Scarfed or Leftovers ...).
-> Once you've identified Zapdos-G's set, he should be at +2 Atk due to your previous Defog. You can either stay in with Corviknight, or switch out to Unaware Clefable depending on Zapdos-G's set.
-> If the opponent attempts to set SR again with Landorus-T, 50/50 plays will occur, regarding wether you used Defog immediately as you knew the opponent won't send Zapdos-G instantly after setting Stealth Rock with Landorus-T, or if you used Iron Defense to prevent the opposing Zapdos-G to come in freely.
Why does it work :
Repeating this process will force the opponent to reveal its Zapdos-G set, on the turn you'll have to Defog, he'll hit you first on your +2 Def Corviknight, meaning you'll get the information of the opposing Zapdos-G set and play accordingly to what the opponent tries to do.
Note : You'll have to guess well your opponent's choice in order to keep walling it. Occasionally, Ditto could steal the opponent's Zapdos-G if it ever made a kill in the game, and attempt to reverse the situation.

:ss/weavile:
Guessed set :

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Low Kick
- Triple Axel / Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Toxapex / Clefable / Corviknight
T1 : If Weavile used any move on switch in -> T2 : Use Knock Off or Toxic. If Weavile used any move -> T3 : Switch Out to Clefable. If Weavile used any move -> T4 : Use Soft-Boiled. If Weavile used any move -> T5 : Use Moonblast. If Weavile used any move -> TX : Repeat the process.
Tips : While switching into Toxapex, check Weavile's damages using the calculator to determine which set it runs. If it appears it is Choice Banded, you may first use Recover instead of using the T2 Rotation if you want.
If it appears it is Swords Dance + Boots, follow the rotation to wall it accordingly.

:ss/blaziken:
Guessed set :

Blaziken @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz / Blaze Kick
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch / Earthquake / Knock Off / Protect
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Toxapex / Clefable
Rule 1 : Each time Blaziken uses Swords Dance, Switch Out to Clefable. Then, start the stall process using Soft-Boiled until you're fully healed, then use Moonblast.
Rule 2 : If Blaziken doesn't use Swords Dance, Use Knock Off or Toxic. Then, start the stall process using Recover with Toxapex.
Rule 3 : Ignore any move used by Blaziken except Swords Dance while repeating this process.
Tips : If Blaziken runs a Life Orb set, priorise Knock Off over Toxic so that Clefable won't fear being 2HKOed by Flare Blitz on switch in.

:ss/suicune:
Guessed set :

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Protect / Ice Beam / Roar / Rest
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Shedinja / Toxapex / Clefable / (Ditto)
Rule 1 : Switch indefinitely between Shedinja and Toxapex until Suicune is at x3 Spa (+4 Spa Boosts).
Rule 2 : Switch indefinitely between Shedinja and Clefable while Suicune is at x3,5 Spa (+5 Spa Boosts) or more.
Rule 3 : If Clefable got Burnt by Suicune's Scald, use Aromatherapy to get rid of it.
Rule 4 : Ignore any move except Calm Mind used by Suicune while repeating this process.
Tips : You may speed up the process by using Calm Mind with your Unaware Clefable to make the opposing Suicune Switch Out.
You may use Moonblast 1, 2 times with Clefable to break Suicune's Substitute, then Switch Out to Ditto to copy Suicune's Boosts and attempt to sweep with it / PP Stall your opponent.

:ss/thundurus-therian:
Guessed set :

Thundurus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt / Thunder
- Grass Knot / Weather Ball
- Focus Blast
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Shedinja / (Clefable) / (Ditto)
T1 : If Thundurus-T used any move on switch in -> T2 : Use Toxic or Will-O-Wisp. If Thundurus-T used any move -> T3 : Use Hex. If Thundurus-T used any move -> TX : Repeat T3.
Tips : You may use Calm Mind with Clefable, or less regularly Ditto if something went wrong with Shedinja in order to stop Thundurus-T's progress.
If you're willing to use Clefable to wall it, first switch out to Blissey, then Use Teleport into Clefable to minimize the risk of being Paraed by Thunder on switch in.

:ss/scizor:
Guessed set :

Scizor @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn / Sand Tomb / Psycho Cut
- Roost
- Knock Off / Swords Dance
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Toxapex / Corviknight
Rule 1 : Unless Toxapex's item has been Knocked Off, Use Knock Off to remove Scizor's item. Then, Use Scald until it gets burnt.
Rule 2 : If Toxapex's item has been Knocked Off and you couldn't identify Scizor's set, switch out to Corviknight. Use Iron Defense + Body Press to wall it with Corviknight.
Rule 3 : If Scizor isn't burnt and is at x2 Atk (+2 Atk Boosts), switch out to Corviknight. Use Iron Defense + Body Press to wall it with Corviknight.
Rule 4 : Ignore any move used by Scizor except Knock Off and Swords Dance while repeating this process.
Tips : If Scizor cannot threaten Toxapex with moves such as Sand Tomb / Psycho Cut / Knock Off, you can attempt to spam Scald once you used Knock Off on it.

:ss/zarude:
Guessed set :

Zarude @ Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Jungle Healing
- Power Whip / Close Combat
- Darkest Lariat
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Toxapex / Clefable / (Ditto)
Rule 1 : If Zarude still holds its item, Use Knock Off with Toxapex.
Rule 2 : If Zarude doesn't hold its item, Use Toxic or Scald to force your opponent using Jungle Healing.
Rule 3 : If Zarude is Toxiced or Burnt while Toxapex is your active Pokemon, Switch Out to Clefable. Use Soft-Boiled and Moonblast to threaten and wall it accordingly.
Rule 4 : Ignore any move used by Zarude while repeating this process.
Tips : If Toxapex has been weakened previously and can't follow this rotation due to Power Whip damages on switch in, switch out to Clefable in order to safely keep Toxapex alive. If Zarude is fully boosted for some reason, you can send Ditto and try to get the speed tie if something went wrong with Clefable.

:ss/marowak-alola:
Guessed set :

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Poltergeist
- Earthquake
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Toxapex / Clefable / (Ditto)
Rule 1 : If Marowak-A still holds its item, Use Knock Off. Then, Use Recover if Trick Room is still active, or Switch Out to Clefable.
Rule 2 : If Marowak-A doesn't hold any item, Switch Out to Clefable. Then, Use Moonblast and Soft-Boiled to wall it accordingly.
Rule 3 : Ignore any move used by Marowak-A while repeating this process.
Tips : If Marowak-A isn't under Trick Room and used Swords Dance while you switched out on Toxapex, let one of your most useless pokemon die, then attempt to Revenge Kill it with Ditto. Be careful for next times it could come in the field by abusing of Toxapex's presence to prevent it doing so.

:ss/cloyster:
No different Team Pattern needed to (attempt to) wall it.
Guessed set :

Cloyster @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard
-> Answer :
Send / Stay In : Toxapex / Clefable / (Ditto) / (Corviknight)
T1 : If Cloyster used any move on switch in -> T2 : (Attempt to) Use Knock Off. If Cloyster used any move -> T3 : Switch Out to Clefable. If Cloyster used any move on switch in -> T4...TX : (Attempt to) Use Soft-Boiled until you're at full HP. If Cloyster used any move -> TX+1 : Use Moonblast.
Tips : If Cloyster flinched Toxapex on T2's rotation, you can either attempt to :
- Use Knock Off depending on the damage roll (+2 Rock Blast Adamant Cloyster has 43,8% chance to 2HKO Toxapex).
- Choose to let one of your most useless pokemon die, then attempt to revenge kill it with Clefable (you have 2 times 59% chance to RK due to King's Rock flinches).
- Try to get the 50% tie against Cloyster using Ditto as a RK (and occasionally sweep your opponent's team).
- Corviknight may be used as a way to wall it using Iron Defense, but is a risky path knowing you need a set up turn, undergoing another flinch attempt (2 times 41% risk to lose Corviknight).

In order to be as accurate as possible, I'll soon post Replays featuring the "Important Cores" Section so that you can see how it works in practice.
Wait for more details !

Last edited:
Congratulations, this team is insanely good, I would even argue it is too much powerful actually. Your teambuilding skills are unparalleled, thumbs up for you. The system of rotations you described in great detail is an awesome work. It reveals that, while there are key matchups in which you do autolose, those are rare (the only two prominent ones being sand and magnezone+threat only corviknight can wall) and not generic stall answers (for a stall team with mandibuzz instead or in tandem with corviknight, kartana and many other wallbreakers aren't a problem even when paired with magnezone). Against all other matchups, you do autowin without even thinking, without making plays. Due to the huge success this rmt has deservedly received, I faced this team several times. I knew all the sets, I knew all the moves they'll click and tried to play agressively in response, I had several stall answers (generally 2 or 3 strong physical breakers backed up by future sight support; heatran+lele; heavy hazard+pivot spam; stallbreakers;...) and I just autolost several times without them doing anything. The only games I did win were because I cheesed my opponents with random coverage to lure in shedinja after I patiently made them believed I was hard walled by it. And even when it did work, it did only once, after that your opponent knows your suboptimal set you're running specifically to counter this team and just walls you another way. It should have struck people how unhealthy the metagame already was when nidoking began to run focus punch of all things; dedicating one full moveslot to a very insonsistent move that can catch only blissey, only when they do not anticipate... And there's worse: imprison mew, imprison+toxic+psychic slowbro, whirlpool+spite toxapex, perish trappers of all sorts just to try to have a fighting chance against stall. Your truly excellent team shows that these hard measures while not being sufficient to beat stall are mandatory in order not to lose. To say it heavily constricts teambuilding is an understatement when all of the above mons are nothing more than sacks vs all other matchups. Prior to this post, I was advocating on a toxapex ban (which will never happen because although everyone hate stall, smogon staff will never do anything vs it, why making the game fun and competitive when you can shedinja pp stall for 5 hours like an automaton and win on matchup) but now I realize that even that probably won't even be enough to make stall less obnoxious, let alone invalidate it. Thanks for highlighting how overpowered stall was at the moment, you're an amazing player and teambuilder. Blame the rules, not the players.

Last edited:
Hey nice team you have there. I can tell it was well thought out and it beats Lele which is amazing. I have some questions about this team however and I want to point out some issues with it that I’ve tested. Regardless it’s still a good stall team that can definitely win lots of games.

1. How do you deal with Pressure + SR setter in the long term?

I know you said you can go Ditto on the Pressure mon switch in and use their Defog, but it simply does not work in the long term. First of all, this is prediction reliant. What if the SR setter simply knocks you off, or U-Turns? Then you would lose your Air Balloon (so you take damage on the switch) and they would get momentum + rocks which isn’t good for stall teams. With rocks on your side, you would then be very weak to knock off and would take too much damage on pivots to ultimately lose the game. And even worse, the rocker could have something like protect. With protect, it completely shuts this method down knowing if you go Ditto or not making it harder for you to win. (Heatran as the rocker would just be a bad auto lose MU.)

2. How do you deal with certain FS matchups?

Yes, you can go Blissey and teleport into Shedinja (I read the entire rotations), but sometimes this way of dealing with FS just doesn’t work. What if the opponent teleports into Bisharp? What would you do? Would you let Corviknight take damage, risk a SD while Shedinja is in, or just sac a mon? It’s not just Bisharp. It’s the same thing with Weavile, Crawdaunt, and other setup attackers to destroy your team.

3. How do you beat sand and hail setters?

Yes, it’s Shedinja stall, it’s suppose to be weak to Hippowdown, Ninetails, and Ttar, but it’s extremely annoying when you just auto lose because you face a hippo. Let’s just say it’s ladder RNG and hope your opponent is bad and misplays. Or maybe I just have bad RNG myself lol.

4. How do you beat Magnezone?

Magnezone + Kartana/Rilaboom/Other mons are very popular cores right now. I usually just run Shed Shell on my Corviknight so I can Defog SRs but of course you could just get knocked off. There’s almost no way you can beat this core with this team and that’s a huge downside.

There are other concerns with this team like the RNG method of beating SR + Banded Zapdos G, Taunt hazard setters + knock users, and Rotom Heat and Wash. It’s only 4 major problems but when you spread it out and look at some teams, you will notice that a lot of them can get out of control. For example, the sample teams. For about 4-5 of those teams, I can see you having major problems against them which isn’t good if you’re trying to win.

Shed shell on Corviknight eases the Magnezone matchup with potential hazard removal when executing the rotations, but I do think RH is better to help with pivots and u turns. Future sight seems like it’s going to be a problem with this team regardless but it’s only problematic if they have something like Weavile.

Like I said this is a great team that was well thought out and if you have good RNG you may be able to get past the 1950s which is great. Time to wreck some Tapu Lele noobs lol.

NA Weezing

Banned deucer.
Hey nice team you have there. I can tell it was well thought out and it beats Lele which is amazing. I have some questions about this team however and I want to point out some issues with it that I’ve tested. Regardless it’s still a good stall team that can definitely win lots of games.

1. How do you deal with Pressure + SR setter in the long term?

I know you said you can go Ditto on the Pressure mon switch in and use their Defog, but it simply does not work in the long term. First of all, this is prediction reliant. What if the SR setter simply knocks you off, or U-Turns? Then you would lose your Air Balloon (so you take damage on the switch) and they would get momentum + rocks which isn’t good for stall teams. With rocks on your side, you would then be very weak to knock off and would take too much damage on pivots to ultimately lose the game. And even worse, the rocker could have something like protect. With protect, it completely shuts this method down knowing if you go Ditto or not making it harder for you to win. (Heatran as the rocker would just be a bad auto lose MU.)

2. How do you deal with certain FS matchups?

Yes, you can go Blissey and teleport into Shedinja (I read the entire rotations), but sometimes this way of dealing with FS just doesn’t work. What if the opponent teleports into Bisharp? What would you do? Would you let Corviknight take damage, risk a SD while Shedinja is in, or just sac a mon? It’s not just Bisharp. It’s the same thing with Weavile, Crawdaunt, and other setup attackers to destroy your team.

3. How do you beat sand and hail setters?

Yes, it’s Shedinja stall, it’s suppose to be weak to Hippowdown, Ninetails, and Ttar, but it’s extremely annoying when you just auto lose because you face a hippo. Let’s just say it’s ladder RNG and hope your opponent is bad and misplays. Or maybe I just have bad RNG myself lol.

4. How do you beat Magnezone?

Magnezone + Kartana/Rilaboom/Other mons are very popular cores right now. I usually just run Shed Shell on my Corviknight so I can Defog SRs but of course you could just get knocked off. There’s almost no way you can beat this core with this team and that’s a huge downside.

There are other concerns with this team like the RNG method of beating SR + Banded Zapdos G, Taunt hazard setters + knock users, and Rotom Heat and Wash. It’s only 4 major problems but when you spread it out and look at some teams, you will notice that a lot of them can get out of control. For example, the sample teams. For about 4-5 of those teams, I can see you having major problems against them which isn’t good if you’re trying to win.

Shed shell on Corviknight eases the Magnezone matchup with potential hazard removal when executing the rotations, but I do think RH is better to help with pivots and u turns. Future sight seems like it’s going to be a problem with this team regardless but it’s only problematic if they have something like Weavile.

Like I said this is a great team that was well thought out and if you have good RNG you may be able to get past the 1950s which is great. Time to wreck some Tapu Lele noobs lol.
I nearly laughed, nice try.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
I don't often comment on RMTs but I genuinely do want to give major props for this team and its write-up. I feel as though Stall is an incredibly difficult archetype to make work in this metagame since most compositions struggle to force progress while staying well-positioned against offense, but the way in which these members interact with each other and the unique way in which they force progress and take advantage of specific switch-ins is beyond fascinating. Moreover, I love how you tackle that issue of progress head-on and even make the added effort to explain planned and calculated rotations and take advantage of every little caveat of offense, demonstrating directly that Stall isn't a "braindead" archetype, especially in such a wild environment. Although Taunt users like Tornadus-T and Spikes Mew are definite issues and restrict this team's general gameplan, Taunt in general is a pretty big problem for any Stall team regardless.

This has a great combination of innovation, practicality, dedication, and focus that makes it stand out as probably one of the better Stall compositions I've seen in the DLC2 metagame (and the ladder seems to agree). Great job, and I hope to see more from you going forward!

I have battled this team 4 times in a row it’s anoying and dumd but to be fare It is a good team I built a team like this when I was into stall it use to be common in Gen7 then in Gen no one played this style of stall now 50% of stall teams use shedniga

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)