Shedinja

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I heard the RU tier is making some good use of this guy. Good to know he seems to have finally found his place.

Me? I'm still using him on my swift swim rain team on the PO ladder. Rapid spin kabutops is like excadrill. Any spin blocker that would dare to wall it can't actually risk taking a hit from anything he does, be it double boosted waterfall or +2 stone edge. I'd be using this on the smogon server but finding a spinner to replace the almighty kabutops is impossible. As I was posting this, I realized that Starmie could be a good choice, so I guess I'll try that in the distant future.

I am also THIS close to using him on my sun team as a no skill easy answer to SubCM and CMRoar Latias. THIS close I tell you.
Shedinja may have found his niche on rain teams. rain+rapid spin makes most threats to shedinja obselete. I'll have to test this on my rain team using Starmie as my rapid spin pokemon. As it can take status due to natural cure. making it a pretty good shedinja partner.

Shedinja may have found his niche on rain teams. rain+rapid spin makes most threats to shedinja obselete. I'll have to test this on my rain team using Starmie as my rapid spin pokemon. As it can take status due to natural cure. making it a pretty good shedinja partner.
I would say Shedinja is better against rain than for it. For example: (Disregarding bans;) Shedinja is immune to anything Kingdra is likely to use, same thing applies to Starmie, Qwilfish, offensive Ludicolo, Kyogre, so on and so forth

But using it in a Rain Dance or Sunny Day team is still a good idea to keep Hail and Sandstorm away

wait youre right.
what on a usual rain team can defeat shedinja? i cant think of a single thing except tornadus and ferrothorn's leech seed.

best thundurus counter anyone?

wait youre right.
what on a usual rain team can defeat shedinja? i cant think of a single thing except tornadus and ferrothorn's leech seed.

Shedinja should really never be used in OU with all the sand teams running around, and its mediocre stats. Team preview also lowers the effectiveness of Shedinja since people will know they have to keep a pokemon that is capable of hitting it.

wait youre right.

Sucker Punch Toxicroak is a good counter. Its priority even stops Shadow Sneak since it's muich faster.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just a little quick comment. Shedinja doesn't have to attack. The user can just stall out sucker punches with swords dance.
agreed shedinja can just spam will-o-wisp or swords dance until toxicroak runs out of pp, Speaking of sucker punch, Shedinja learns it.

Shedinja will be a lot harder to use this generation thanks to Team Preview. If they see the opponent has a Shedinja, they will be trying to keep anything that can KO Shedinja alive, making it much harder to use.

I love the synergy this thing has with forretress. forry spins away hazards that kill shedinja. shedinja blocks rapid spin to keep around forry's hazards

I currently dislike Shedinja. The last opponent I battled stalled out my Hitmontop's Sucker Punches and the proceded to boost up and sweep the remainders of my team. By the way: I use a weatherless anti-weather team.

not only is shedinja vulnerable to five of the most popular types, but one its frailty would stop anyone from being able to use it effectively since they would be too worried about protecting it from the already overused fire, yet awesome, fire-type. so despite its kick-ass ability, it just isnt worth it with all the countless risks when something far more useful could fill its role, spirtomb for instance

My Hitmontop(moveset: sucker punch, rapid spin, close combat, and mach punch--now stone edge) is not designed to stall because my team is designed to go on the offense asap. I would have countered it easly, but my Evolite status inducer Porygon2(my main wall because I dislike pink blobs) fell due to a critical Earthquake early into the match. It didn't help that my opponent trapped my Skarmory with an evolite Magneton and then spun away my rocks. I am not trying to be rude: I just want to defende myself.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Shedinja will be a lot harder to use this generation thanks to Team Preview. If they see the opponent has a Shedinja, they will be trying to keep anything that can KO Shedinja alive, making it much harder to use.
This is arguably not that bad of a problem.

In 5th gen Shedinja's main gain is not sweeping the opponent due to them not having anything that can hurt it, but rather causing them to play more carefully with the things that can kill it, giving you more opportunities to kill things that would otherwise decimate your team.

While it may sound strange, the best way to use it is to put it on a team with a poke that has very similar weaknesses. Because your opponent probably only has one counter for them, they have to chose between letting the other poke set up a sweep or letting shedinja come in for free when it's too late to stop it.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
You know, ive been shedinja along with whimsicott, starmie (rapid spin) and weather support as an emergency stop to most sweepers. use sub with whimsicott and encore their attack, if it aint super effective send in sheddy and laugh as their precious sweep is roadblocked. if it is super effective, status it with toxic or
will-o-wisp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)