Shenanigans Everywhere

Team Preview

Team Building Process
So I found out that a specs landorus when running modest nature could ohko a specially defensive tyranitar with earth power so I decided to go with that.

Next I wanted something for the ever annoying amoonguss which had plagued me in many other teams while also help handle rain so latias became the next team mate

Next off I wanted a pokemon that could deal with mamoswine so Rotom Wash came to mind being immune to earthquake and resist ice while forming a volt turn core with landorus.

Next off I wanted a back up rain check and a pokemon that could set up some hazards so I decded to go with ferrothorn for spikes.

Next off I wanted a check to terrakion and a spinblocker golurk fit quite well being able to sub up on many things.

Finally I wanted a check to sun and a stealth rocker heatran fit quite nicely.

After some major testing I found that it was hard for me to hit dragons and relying on paralysis wasn't the best idea so I traded rocks for hidden power ice for a specific bulky garchomp spread.

In Depth Analysis

Garchomp (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
Evs: 176 HP / 240 Atk / 92 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Dual Chop
Now after some major testing landorus just wasn't pulling its weight even with the testing of life orb over specs, so I started to look for something else and when I realized there was a pokemon I haven't even used but had been wanting to Garchomp. So I began to test with the various sets that I had seen around showdown most commonly choice scarf and substitute swords dance sets however they didn't really work out that well so I created a personal set that would help ease the pressure off of heatran to set up stealth rock and allow me to threaten out many common leads such as tyranitar and breloom. Stealth rock should be fairly evident as it allows me to break the multiscale on dragonite and help ware down genesect as it seems to love to switch in on everything. Fire blast is there as a staple on any dragon type allowing me to hit skarmory, scizor, genesect, and ferrothorn. The speed evs allow me to outspeed any nonscarf breloom so I can either set up rocks or attempt to break their potential sash. Earthquake allows for garchomp to go on the offensive with near max attack it can certainly threaten to do that as well. Finally I have dual chop as explained to break the sash on lead brelooms and just incase I come across a classic subpunch breloom.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
Next off we have your classic offensive latias set which today is really the only that anyone can run with the presence of genesect on every team today most of them choice scarfed its hard to find any other set bar a sub three attacks set which would be weird but not the best thing to abuse. Draco Meteor is the move that will utterly annihilate any pokemon that doesn't resist it such as tornadus therian, rotom wash, and any dragon if I manage to paralyze them with ferrothorn and rotom wash. Psyshock allows me to have an option for a lot of pokemon that many pokemon within this team cannot touch such as amoonguss who only heatran can touch, or blissey who only golurk can touch, or tentacruel which again golurk is the only one who really threatens it. Psyshock also allows latias to hit offensive things such as terrakion, virizion, or breloom when I dont want to blast something with draco meteor. Recover allows latias to heal off the damage I take form life orb as well as toxic stall politoed if I can status it with heatran until draco meteor will kill them. Finally I have hidden power fire which gained a great rise in usage because of the genesect running around if I can predict correctly I can blast it out of the game.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
31/31/31/31/31/30
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Thunder Wave
Next off we have a pokemon who I at first hated however it grew on me as after it showed how well it was at taking hits. Most of the rotom washes these days tend to be specially defensive to counter act tornadus therian but My biggest threat to my offensive pokemon was mamoswine who could utterly destroy these pokemon while at full health bar any life orb recoil it would take. Rest is there as my favored style of recovery for rotom wash and it helps alleviate status from rotom weather it be paralysis, poison, or burn. Volt switch allows rotom wash to form a core with landorus to scout out move sets based on damage and effectiveness. It also allows rotom wash to go around politoed for ages while trolling it with paralysis and weakening it enough for latias to destroy politoed with a draco meteor. Next off is hydro pump for a powerful stab move that will help this team deal with thundurus therian and jolteon expecting to get a nice little health boost from volt absorb. Thunder wave may seem weird but with the lack of speed within this team bar latias, it allows me to switch to the appropriate counter after statusing it. Finally I run 30 speed ivs to speed decreep on opposing rotom wash which allows me to sponge a volt switch and then get the switch initiative.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 96 Def / 252 HP / 160 SDef
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
Next up on the team we have everyone's favorite pokemon to face especially with a water type ferrothorn leech seed allows ferrothorn to help recover health unbelievably fast as it can gain 20% of its health every turn also allowing ferrothorn to troll blissey and chansey. It also provides a great way for my team to get recovery when I'm switching into the appropriate check or counter. Power whip allows ferrothorn to deal with the incredible nuisances of water types such as politoed, jellicent, and vaporeon. Spikes is up next allowing ferrothorn to aid the forcing of switches when setting up spikes while simultaneously thunder waving opponents and making my opponent tear their hair out with frustration. This is also my main check to latios and latias after they are statused with either toxic if I can which is optimal or with paralysis from ferrothorn or rotom wash as it can attract those two specifically into coming in to sponge a hit and thunder wave on the switch making ferrothorn a potent wall to both of them.

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
Say hello to golurk a pokemon that besides landorus therian is the best terrakion check to date, the fact that it takes only about 55% from a +2 stone edge from a jolly terrakion and being immune to fighting and electric type moves isn't a bad thing either. Focus punch is the most powerful move that this thing can utilize enabling it to demolish blissey, abomasnow, and tyranitar if I manage to get a substitute up which isn't as hard as one might think since the ghost typing gives some nice resistances to bug making it a heracross counter which may be rare to find in OU it can be nice to find when I have golurk. Earthquake is the main stab move to use when I don't have a substitute up getting a stab and putting the fear of god into jirachi and terrakion. Finally there is ice punch to nail landorus therian and gliscor who switch in expecting to wall me.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Toxic
- Sunny Day
I guess you could say this is my mvp of the team because it can set up a weather but also can wall anything that threatens to abuse that weather most commonly Venusaur and Sawsbuck. Sunny day is essential to this team because I can send in heatran after getting rid of my opponents weather starter since they notice I don't have any evident weather they will typically be more reckless with them for example if I cam across a politoed most people when I volt switch out into ferrothorn tend to want to try to burn me with scald allowing me to demolish them with ferrothorn then bring heatran in on their tornadus and set up the sun permanently screwing over their weather while I don't fear sun teams since their the easiest for this team to handle. Toxic allows heatran to status politoed switch ins as well as toxic stall out latias. Lava plume is the only stab heatran really needs as it can threaten to burn any physical attackers who attempt to set up. I found that with the abundance of gliscor i've been seeing especially the sub toxic set I would run hidden power ice to combat this.. Finally i chose to run air balloon just because of the fact that it will can make dragonite hit it with a dragon move or extreme speed. Air balloon also helps create heatran into a secondary back up mamoswine check incase rotom wash has been defeated.
Cores

The last core is the classic fire water grass core which can deal with just about any weather today heatran stops hail and sun teams dead in their tracks while ferrothorn and rotom wash together allow this core to demolish rain and sand teams simultaneously. Finally there's possibility to beat any other team with the fact that heatran carries sunny day.
Importable
Garchomp @ Leftovers
Evs: 176 HP / 240 Atk / 92 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Dual Chop

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 96 Def / 252 HP / 160 SDef
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic
- Sunny Day

Team In Action
| 1 | 2 | 3 |
Problems With The Team

• Status- Status is probably the biggest problem for this team to go up against for the sheer fact that I dont have anything to get rid of it so a heal beller would be great if you have any ideas.
  • Hazards- Entry Hazards are not as potent to my team just because two things are affected by spikes and no pokemon is damaged indefinately by stealth rocks however with all the switching around this team does stealth rocks do eventually add up so either a way to add a magic bouncer or rapid spinner.
  • Wish Support- To help counter act I've been considering dropping hidden power fire for wish on latias what are your opinions on this?
Retired Team Members & Old Cores

Landorus (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 244 Spd / 252 SAtk / 12 Atk
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
First up we have landorus incarnate which has apparently fallen off the face of the metagame except for sand teams which use it to dismantle jirachi, however Landorus is a pokemon that is deadly the fact that it can ohko a specially defensive tyranitar now the rash nature is essential in doing this because it net specific kos on pokemon who switch in expecting to take a hit the first is that keldeo and genesect are always ohko'd without entry hazard damage by a rash nature as opposed to a naive nature which has a chance to let them live. So first up we have Earth Power which is obviously the main choice of stab allowing landorus to annihilate many things such as jirachi, tyranitar, and many bulky waters. Focus blast allows for landorus therian to demolish pokemon such as ferrothorn, rotom wash, and air balloon heatran. Hidden Power Ice allows landorus to damage opposing landorus switch ins, gliscor, dragonite, and salamence. U-Turn allows landorus to nail celebi who normally walls specially based landorus as well as hit pokemon like weakened latias and latios. All while maintaining switch initiative forming a time and tested duo in Landorus and Rotom Wash. The speed evs allow my landorus to outpace any nonscarf base 87 more specifically a timid rotom wash or rotom mow.

The first core is the classic fifth gen volt turn core allowing this team to get some sort of momentum going with their stabs together the can force switches with just about any pokemon bar breloom who doesnt appreciate a specs hidden power ice as well as celebi who couldn't really take a U Turn very well. However with them both being specially based special walls such as blissey and amoonguss leave them crying when they can't destroy them.

Hey man great team, I'm killeraxx2000 from crystalline guard. I like the use of golurk, i think it's very original. As i don't have much time all i can say for now is that replacing Choice Specs on Landorus for Life Orb If you want power and you can avoid recoil from life orb. It is the best possible item. Being locked into one move isn't really desirable for your Landorus, especially since there are many pokemon immune to earth power in the tier. Also since your going to use life orb i recommend replacing U-Turn for Rock Polish. As your Landorus is going to be hitting very hard you might want the ability to sweep by doubling Landorus' speed. This helps a lot against sun teams as well. If you opt to use these changes i recommend Modest > Rash. This is because as you will be using only special attacks and use rock polish to increase your speed, you would want to hit as hard as possible.

Hope I helped :)

Hey man great team, I'm killeraxx2000 from crystalline guard. I like the use of golurk, i think it's very original. As i don't have much time all i can say for now is that replacing Choice Specs on Landorus for Life Orb If you want power and you can avoid recoil from life orb. It is the best possible item. Being locked into one move isn't really desirable for your Landorus, especially since there are many pokemon immune to earth power in the tier. Also since your going to use life orb i recommend replacing U-Turn for Rock Polish. As your Landorus is going to be hitting very hard you might want the ability to sweep by doubling Landorus' speed. This helps a lot against sun teams as well. If you opt to use these changes i recommend Modest > Rash. This is because as you will be using only special attacks and use rock polish to increase your speed, you would want to hit as hard as possible.

I agree with just about everything except u-turn should be replaced with psychic.

I agree with just about everything except u-turn should be replaced with psychic.
Thanks killer but after testing landorus has been replaced so what are your thoughts now?
This team looks awesome! Imma try it out.
Glad you like it :]

Hey there Usatoday i got your request, this is a great weatherless team :)

Looking at this team you mentioned that entry hazards can be quite troublesome when they are used against this team. With no rapid spinner your team can get worn down easy by spikes and stealth rock. Through constant switching. Mamoswine also looks quite threatening to your team. Although you do have Rotom-W who is a great Mamoswine check, Mamoswine can hit all of your other team mates super effectively with Superpower / Earthqauke and an Ice-type move. With Ice Shards priority Mamoswine can pick off Garchomp or Latias weakend from Life Orb reciol.

The simplest way to fix this problem is to give your team a rapid spinner. Forretress>Ferrothorn sounds like a good suggestion to me. Forretress provides similar roles to Ferrothorn being a good stop to Outraging Dragon-types, having the great steel typing letting him resist a lot of common attacks, and being able to lay down Spikes like Ferrothorn. What Forretress has over Ferrothorn that this team will really enjoy is his ability to Rapid Spin hazards away, making your team much harder to wear down. With his good defence and Gyro Ball Forretress can also effectively beat down Mamoswine which your team would appreciate seeing as how i mentioned above Mamoswine can threaten a lot of your team. Without Ferrothorn you do lose a Water-type resist however with Latias and Rotom-W you already have rain teams covered decently well. Heatran can also change the weather to sun neutralising rain teams boosted Water-type attacks and infact weakening them. The Forretress set i am suggesting is the standard defensive set except with Stealth Rock instead of Spikes because this leads to my next suggestion.

I noticed your team lacks a revenge killer. Revenge Killers are aboslutely crucial on offensive and balanced teams to take care of weakend pokemon. With Stealth Rock on Forretress you can afford to change your Garchomp set. A Choice Scarf Garchomp>Stealth Rock Garchomp would fit perfectly. Garchomp is a great candidate for a revenge killer with its great base 102 speed letting it revenge kill +1 base 100s like Salamence, Jirachi etc but also base 101 pokemon like Thunderous-T and Landorus. Garchomp also gives you a secondary check to Dragon-types being able to outspeed every Dragon-type in the tier with the exception of the Lati twins.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped! Also Luvdisc'd

Sets

Forretress @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Relaxed | 252 Hp / 176 Def / 80 Sp Def
Stealth Rock | Rapid Spin | Gyro Ball | Volt Switch

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf | Rough Skin
Jolly | 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Outrage | Dragon Claw | Stone Edge | Earthqauke

Tl;dr

Forretress--->Ferrothorn

Gacrhomp
Choice Scarf Set--->Stealth Rock Set

~Superpowerdude

Hey there Usatoday i got your request, this is a great weatherless team :)

Looking at this team you mentioned that entry hazards can be quite troublesome when they are used against this team. With no rapid spinner your team can get worn down easy by spikes and stealth rock. Through constant switching. Mamoswine also looks quite threatening to your team. Although you do have Rotom-W who is a great Mamoswine check, Mamoswine can hit all of your other team mates super effectively with Superpower / Earthqauke and an Ice-type move. With Ice Shards priority Mamoswine can pick off Garchomp or Latias weakend from Life Orb reciol.

The simplest way to fix this problem is to give your team a rapid spinner. Forretress>Ferrothorn sounds like a good suggestion to me. Forretress provides similar roles to Ferrothorn being a good stop to Outraging Dragon-types, having the great steel typing letting him resist a lot of common attacks, and being able to lay down Spikes like Ferrothorn. What Forretress has over Ferrothorn that this team will really enjoy is his ability to Rapid Spin hazards away, making your team much harder to wear down. With his good defence and Gyro Ball Forretress can also effectively beat down Mamoswine which your team would appreciate seeing as how i mentioned above Mamoswine can threaten a lot of your team. Without Ferrothorn you do lose a Water-type resist however with Latias and Rotom-W you already have rain teams covered decently well. Heatran can also change the weather to sun neutralising rain teams boosted Water-type attacks and infact weakening them. The Forretress set i am suggesting is the standard defensive set except with Stealth Rock instead of Spikes because this leads to my next suggestion.

I noticed your team lacks a revenge killer. Revenge Killers are aboslutely crucial on offensive and balanced teams to take care of weakend pokemon. With Stealth Rock on Forretress you can afford to change your Garchomp set. A Choice Scarf Garchomp>Stealth Rock Garchomp would fit perfectly. Garchomp is a great candidate for a revenge killer with its great base 102 speed letting it revenge kill +1 base 100s like Salamence, Jirachi etc but also base 101 pokemon like Thunderous-T and Landorus. Garchomp also gives you a secondary check to Dragon-types being able to outspeed every Dragon-type in the tier with the exception of the Lati twins.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped! Also Luvdisc'd

Sets

Forretress @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Relaxed | 252 Hp / 176 Def / 80 Sp Def
Stealth Rock | Rapid Spin | Gyro Ball | Volt Switch

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf | Rough Skin
Jolly | 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Outrage | Dragon Claw | Stone Edge | Earthqauke

Tl;dr
Forretress--->Ferrothorn

Gacrhomp
Choice Scarf Set--->Stealth Rock Set

~Superpowerdude
Thanks I will definitely try this out I know chomp wasn't good scarf wise for the team but forretress may help to fix that thanks :].

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey there, got the request,

This team is pretty cool and I like how it utilizes Golurk. This team seems to have some issues with LO Tornadus-T in the rain. It doesn't mind spamming Hurricanes freely vs you and it outspeeds your entire team. Heatran, your main Hurricane absorber doesn't enjoy taking a Superpower either, and has no was to heal itself. To help with this I would recommend making your Rotom-W Specially Defensive. This gives you a very solid Tornadus-T check, and a check to rain in general. Rotom-W would run the same moves for the most part, but I would recommend Will-o-Wisp over Thunder Wave. This will help with Mamoswine, as Superpowerdude noted, but it will also help you hit hazard layers like Ferrothorn. It can help you neuter them and shorten their lifespan a lot. Also I really like the use of hazard layer Garchomp, but I think running a Focus Sash would help a lot. This guarantees hazards early game, and it can also make Garchomp a safety net at times. I would also heavily recommend changing Garchomp's spread to a faster set. Garchomp sits in an exceptional speed tier and you should utilize it. The spread will be in the set listed below. Hope I helped, gl.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Garchomp (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 SAtk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

I don't see how you can waste a turn of Garchomp attacking for Stealthrocks. SR is important; but it's absurd to put it on something so (a) strong, and (b) slow. Also... adamant? That's like super slow. Fireblast requires a mixed nature.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Your team at the moment struggles with handling some rain threats like Keldeo and Tornadus-T. Repeated hurricanes/surfs/secret swords can definitely wear down your team as your Latias doesnt have leftovers and nothing else on your team has access to instant recovery.

If you change up your Rotom's EV spread to make it specially defensive you handle those rain threats better. With a spread of 252 HP / 28 Spa / 228 SpD, you take special hits a lot better and are capable of ohko'g both Gliscor and Tornadus (under rain) with Hydro Pump. It's just a solid answer to special threats in general and thunder wave on it only compliments that.

Lastly, you could try Magmastorm on heatran with a more offensive spread to handle non sun weather tams better. magmastorm traps your opponent and it gives you a great opportunity to be able to take out their weather for good. Politoed/Tyranitar come in on heatran very often and if you can hit them with a Magmastorm on the switch and then change the weather, you won't have to worry about Tornadus spamming hurricanes as effectively or Stoutland outspeeding everything on your team.

Nice team USA, I like it.

I'd love to see a specially defensive spread on your Rotom-W. He's not going to be taking neutral physical hits very well, and can wall Mamoswine and Gyarados almost as well with the Specially defensive spread. 252 HP / 28 Spa / 228 SpD would be best, as Chimpakt suggested. Bold nature.

Little nitpick -- I almost said you had a Sawsbuck problem because you said Heatran counters Sawsbuck, but most carry Nature Power or Jump Kick to murder you. However, then I realized Latias is a great answer. Nice team

I got your request but I can barely do anything with all the previous raters using the good suggestions so I only have one thing to say. I would drop 4 EVs from your Latias's HPnto it's Def. Genesect will then be completely checked with no drawbacks.

Hey, sorry for late reply was busy for a few days It looks great now and as I'm not too good at rating teams I can't really say much. As superstar was about to suggest that sawsbuck is a problem, I agree, however, sawsbuck carry return/double edge most of the time which at +2 will OHKO latias iirc. To fix this issue i recommend Forretress > Ferrothorn. Replacing ferrothorn with forretress may mean u lose a resistance to water, but u already have latias and rotom-w to cover those for you. Forretress provides you with rapid spin support and a way to beat the rare sawsbuck and physical attackers in general. It also has great defensive synergy with latias with both tanking each other's weaknesses. Specially defensive forretress can also handle Latios etc. Here is the set.

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch

Also remember to change the speed IVs to 0 as that allows for a stronger gyro ball.
Hope i helped. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)