Shift Gear (Peaked 2200+)

SHIFT GEAR!

Hey all! When building this team, I wanted to focus on three major things: Shift Gear Genesect, Sacred Fire Entei, and Synergy. With the pokemon I have assembled, I believe I have created a team that balances very well and can still hit very hard. Without further ado, I give you Shift Gears!

Gen.jpg

Genesect @ Leftovers
Ability: Download
EVs: 234 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Shift Gear
- Blaze Kick
- Iron Head
- Extreme Speed
First we have the main sweeper of the team and the focus, Shift Gear Genesect. I was never a big Genesect fan last Gen, because I was never big on the Ubers playlist, but now that it has made it's way back to OU, I thought I'd take a shot with it. It is a powerful, mind game playing freak and I love it. Shift Gear, for those who don't know, gives Genesect +1 Atk and +2 Spd. This allows it to outspeed the majority of the Meta. Now, with some prediction work and knowledge of the game, I can use download to my advantage. Coming in on the right Pokes can lead to a +1 Download boost. Blaze Kick is for steel, grass, and ice types that I encounter. Iron Head is for Stab and hits Rock and FAIRY types very hard, which is nice because they are all over. Extreme Speed is for priority. Usually, I won't need it, but it is nice to out speed BB Talonflame after a Shift Gear. Max Evs in Atk for hitting power, and a mass of Evs in HP for some staying power. I usually use him as my late game sweeper. I come in on a Pokemon I can force out, use Shift Gear, and proceed to sweep. It is crucial that common checks such as Heatran and Rotom-W be removed before a formal sweep can be done.

Ent.jpg

Entei @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 132 Def / 124 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze
- ExtremeSpeed

Entei has always been a favorite Pokemon of mine! He was my favorite Legendary Dog as a kid and now he is slowly making his way back up the Tiers with his new toy, Sacred Fire. I run max attack with an Adamant nature to amass as much power as I can without running the band set. This Entei, while powerful, is more of a Utility/Sweeper. I usually lead with Entei. I run Sacred Fire over Flare Blitz because Sacred fire has a high damage output without the recoil. also it has a 50% BURN RATE which is very crucial to my team because there isn't a physical wall/tank. Stone Edge is for Flying types and does decent damage on anything that doesn't resist it. I also run it for Air Balloon Heatran, which otherwise walls me completely. I have Bulldoze over Iron head for two reasons. First, with Iron Head, Entei and Genesect have mirroring movesets and secondly, bulldoze is garunteed to lower speed by one stage. With prediction in mind, Bulldoze + another move has landed me some solid 2HKOs. It also helps with Roost Talonflame and potentially helps whatever comes in after to clean up. Extreme Speed is to hit anything I can't out speed. Evs are split between Def and SDef to make it a nice mixed tank. Sacred Fire's burn rate boosts his Defensive potential, while the Assault Vest boosts his Special Defensive capabilities without much downfall.

Ty.png

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

While I normally run Assault Vest T-tar for it's massive SpDef stats, I chose to run a Choice Band Variant for this team. Evs are standard, 252 Atk for max power and 252 HP for some bulk. Crunch and Stone Edge are the most powerful STAB moves and are coupled with Pursuit and Superpower. Pursuit trapping has always been a big piece of Tyranitar's usage. I can successfully trap Latias, Latios, Starmie, and now the king of OU, Talonflame. I wanted to make sure I had a strong Talonflame counter because without one, Talonflame can run through Genesect, Keldeo, and Mega-Venusaur with ease. Superpower is for predictions, such as Ferrothorn switch-ins and Heatran. Honestly, it doesn't get much use so suggestions are open. Other than that, this is your pretty standard Tyranitar.

Kel.jpg

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Grass]

One of the most used Pokes in Gen 5 is back to rain hell on everyone's parade. PONY is so powerful. I'm running scarf Keldeo, but I am also considering Specs because it is even more powerful. I run max Special Attack and max Speed evs with a timid nature. I run Hydro Pump for power on Scarf Keldeo and Surf for reliability on Specs Keldeo. Secret Sword is for Ground, Rock, Steel, and Rotom-W. Icy Wind is for dragons, grass, and my last ditch efforts to slow Pokemon down. I run Hidden Power Grass for Gastrodon and Jellicent. I'm considereing switching to Hidden Power Electric, but I'm not sure. All around, this is your standard scarf Keldeo. Fast and Powerful.

MV.png

Venusaur (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb

Mega-Venusaur is a champion. Not only is it super bulky, It's also very powerful. I run chlorophyll on the off chance that someone is running a sun team and I can do some shenanigans before I Mega-Evo. Thick Fat is what made Venusaur a champion. Venusaur now takes 50% less damage from two of it's major weaknesses (Fire and Ice). Evs are to boost it's special defenses, but it remains bulky on the defensive side as well. Earthquake is to hit Poison, Fire and Ice types that try to hit it, and Electric types. Giga Drain is one of the main stabs and offers me nice recover with 33% of the damage done. Leech Seed is also helps with 12% each turn. Lastly, Sludge Bomb rounds out the set and sometimes poisons the enemy. After poison and Leech Seed, damage really racks up. With Thick Fat and Bulk on both sides of the spectrum, Mega-Venusaur is the defensive center of my team. He also rounds out the Water/Fire/Grass core giving my team awesome Synergy.

Lat.png

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk
- Dragon Pulse
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Defog
Latias is my win condition. For one, It is my only Pokemon with Levitate or a ground resist. It has nice special bulk and hits hard offensively. Evs are to maximize speed and damage. Dragon Pulse and Psyshock are the offensive stabs. Healing Wish is the win condition. When Latias gets low on health or loses some of it's use, I use Healing Wish. Healing wish allows me to Recover another Pokemon to full health and remove any status condition. This is great is Genesect gets weak or burned. It is also nice to pass to Mega-Venusaur when it gets low on HP. It give a pokemon a second life. Defog is my last move which allows me to free my team of Stealth Rocks, Spikes, and Sticky Web. He is my status absorber and my main Rotom-W counter. She has very good synergy with Entei and Venusaur and finishes the defensive tanky core.

Standard OU Defensive Threats

- Genesect's Iron Head does the most damage, however, Entei can do sizeable amounts of damage.

- Entei's Sacred Fire does the trick every time, also a Blaze Kick from Genesect will do. Tyranitar can pursuit trap or hit it with Crunch.
Support -

Spikes - Entei can wreck it with Sacred Fire, Genesect can hit it with Blaze Kick and Mega-Venusaur can weaken it with Sludge Bomb

- Gives my team a bit of trouble with it's speed and U-turn. My best option is to pursuit trap or Stone Edge with T-Tar or proceed to Stone Edge with Entei

- Choice Band Tyranitar can 2HKO with Crunch, but other than that I have to hit it with powerful moves and Defog after it faints

- Uncommon. Venusaur can handle it, Latias can defog the rocks away.

- Entei takes care of it easily. I also run Bulldoze in case it is paired with Heatran, Latias can Defog the hazards away

- Iron Head from Genesect does the most damage. Sludge + Leech Seed from Mega-Venusaur will kill over time.

- Entie + Latias

- Mega-Venusaur and Keldeo if I'm desperate.

- Keldeo is my best bet. Entei can out speed some variants and get the Sacred Fire burn. Without Atk investment, Mega-Venusaur handles it all day long.

- Entei.

-Mega-Venusaur.

- Entei is my best bet for physical variants. Keldeo and Genesect can hit hard, and Tyranitar can hit Iron Headless variants.

- A mix of Entei and Latias Usually does the trick.

- Tyranitar's Crunch and Pursuit

- Mega-Venusaur and Keldeo

- Mega-Venusaur and Latias

Prankster -Ugh.

- Keldeo + Entei does the trick

- Mega-Venusaur usually doesn't mind Psychic or 3 from uninvested Slowbro lol.

- Iron Head Genesect.

- Entei Entei Entei

- Mega-Venusaur + Latias

- Genesect and Entei usually handle it. Mega-Venusaur

- Mega-Venusaur

- Entei. If it is the mega variant, Psyschock from Latias and Sacred Fire + Bulldoze from Entei is my best bet

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Importable:

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Genesect @ Leftovers
Ability: Download
EVs: 234 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Shift Gear
- Blaze Kick
- Iron Head
- Extreme Speed

Entei @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 132 Def / 124 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze
- ExtremeSpeed

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Venusaur (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk
- Dragon Pulse
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Defog

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replays coming soon!

Last edited:
Nice team, Its late so ill just throw out some small suggestions but ill get more involved later

I know banded ttar hits hard but I think you should either get rid of the band and put on Stealth Rocks instead of pursuit or crunch, or get a new banded poke all together, like terrakion or something like that. Mainly because ttar has a nice movepool for coverage and doesnt like being locked into moves. I know banded superbower is nice and the banded crunch for deoxys is great so it is totally up to you.

For enteis ev's I think you should just put all the evs into attack and hp, with 4 in defense because it is just better for all around bulk.

I have been using keldeo alot and I love it, I think I am sticking with scarf though and you should too because it is a great answer to lucario with an easy OHKO using secret sword. It also is a fantastic revenge killer so keep the scarf, however I have been experimenting with what hp to use and elsectric doesnt hit much very hard at all so I think sticking with grass would be best even if its just for gastrodon and quagsire.

venusaur is missing 4 evs put them in spatk

and put latias' 4 atk evs into hp

hope i helped cheers

Nice team, Its late so ill just throw out some small suggestions but ill get more involved later

I know banded ttar hits hard but I think you should either get rid of the band and put on Stealth Rocks instead of pursuit or crunch, or get a new banded poke all together, like terrakion or something like that. Mainly because ttar has a nice movepool for coverage and doesnt like being locked into moves. I know banded superbower is nice and the banded crunch for deoxys is great so it is totally up to you.

For enteis ev's I think you should just put all the evs into attack and hp, with 4 in defense because it is just better for all around bulk.

I have been using keldeo alot and I love it, I think I am sticking with scarf though and you should too because it is a great answer to lucario with an easy OHKO using secret sword. It also is a fantastic revenge killer so keep the scarf, however I have been experimenting with what hp to use and elsectric doesnt hit much very hard at all so I think sticking with grass would be best even if its just for gastrodon and quagsire.

venusaur is missing 4 evs put them in spatk

and put latias' 4 atk evs into hp

hope i helped cheers

Thanks for all of your suggestions! I'll be sure to take them all into consideration. I've been thinking about stealth rocks because this team does cause a lot of switches. I would appreciate suggestions for a possible T-tar replacement!

You should try synthesis on mega-saur instead of leech seed, it makes him even more annoying to deal with and maybe switch t-tar with something that works better with your team like heatran since it makes a really good defensive core with mega saur or maybe even assault vest conkeldurr since it can 2hko deoxys D with knock off and over all a nice tank for the team or the amazing mixed attacker aegislash.

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
Remember that Chesnaught has Bulletproof which means it is immune to Venusaur's Sludge Bomb.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Out of curiosity, why is Genesect Hasty when all you have on it are physical moves? I recommend going Jolly unless you plan on running something special, perhaps Flamethrower instead of Blaze Kick.

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Out of curiosity, why is Genesect Hasty when all you have on it are physical moves? I recommend going Jolly unless you plan on running something special, perhaps Flamethrower instead of Blaze Kick.
Shift Gear, Extremespeed and Blaze Kick are nature locked to hasty since its from an event :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)