Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

1.2k eggs and no shiny, highly doubt shiny charm stacks with MM
I noticed you are using a japanese ditto and an australian froakie. 12k without shiny is weird, same when I was using SPA honedge x ENG honedge. No shiny in 14k eggs.... So I gave up and started using American/Latin pokemon x Japanese pokemon to be absolutely sure that language, region and 3DS/cartridge manufacture differ between them. My friends and I are having the same results that way, getting shinies before 400 hatched eggs. Just a comment, maybe it can help.

Reporting results:

JAP male 5iv Mawile x ENG female 5iv Mawile

0-100 eggs: no shiny
100-200 eggs: no shiny

I'll try another couple later. Planning a batch of 100 eggs. Probably going to use Solosis.

Last edited:
Just got my charm and I figured this would be a good time to give MMing a try

ENG Marill x FRE Marill. The French Marill is foreign but has an English name, if that means anything. I'll target 1,000 eggs since its hatch rate is crazy fast

Progress
100: Shiny @ #63
200: none
300: none
400: Shiny @ #388
500: none
600: none
700: none
900: none
1000: Shiny @ #918

Last edited:
I will hatch an undefined amount of eggs and update this post every 300 eggs. 5v female Japanese absol X 5v male absol w/ shiny charm
Batch 1: Done. No shiny. Gonna keep going
Batch 2: Done. 1 Shiny! I just noticed it while I was releasing Absols! Must've been too tired to notice at the time.
Batch 3: Not done

Unrelated news: Gotta stop staying up hatching pokemon. Updating this on my phone, I'll update the doc when I get home.

Last edited:
I'm hatching eggs with the shiny charm.

I'll do 720 eggs in 6 batches (120 eggs per batch), and report back when I'm done with each batch. I'll be doing them in these doses because all my boxes are full...

1st Batch: 0 Shinies
2nd Batch: 0 Shinies
3rd Batch: 0 Shinies
4th Batch: 0 Shinies
5th Batch: 1 Shiny (Starly @ Egg 542)
6th Batch: 1 Shiny (Riolu @ Egg 616)

My SV is 2299.

Currently: 720 Eggs/ 2 shinies

EDIT: My initial cap was reached, however I will still be breeding and counting eggs. I'll be updating my bit of the spreadsheet with my current progress.

EDIT: Shiny Magikarp @ egg 1343.
I'm going to take a break to train these shinies; I may be doing more eggs later.

EDIT: Shiny Torchic @ egg 1513

EDIT: Shiny Honedge @ egg 2501

EDIT: Shiny Sableye @ ~ egg 2542

Last edited:
I have started breeding with Masuda Method and the Shiny Charm. I will log all my eggs done and hold myself to hatching multiples of 100 eggs. I will report back every 100 eggs.

Progress:
Update 01/13/2014(last was on 01/12/2014)
Eggs hatched: 600
Shinies found: 2

Last edited:
As an update to my last post, I hatched a shiny Froakie at egg 1250. I hatched a total of 1300 eggs for this research, and I think I'm going to stop for now. If I pick it back up, I'll let you know. As a recap, here are my results:

1300 eggs hatched with Shiny Charm + Masuda method. 3 shinies received: #312 (Darumaka), #1005 (Honedge), and #1250 (Froakie).

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out an early ratio based on what the data you guys have been collecting, and I have to say, it makes it really difficult when you post results in separate posts. This number won't be perfect, but it might give an idea of the chance.

Here it is: 28/12033

I honestly hate fractions, so if anyone could simplify that number it'd be appreciated. However, this equates to a .23% chance. For reference, the regular Masuda rate is .073%. My result seems too high, but remember, it was difficult finding the data through all the posts... So take it with a grain of salt. By the way, feel free to sift through it and do the calculations. But I do think that we should have everyone post results in a separate thread dedicated to that and that only.

EDIT: I just did the calc for the BW shiny charm masuda chance, and it came out significantly lower at .098%, so something is really wrong here.

Just signed up to comment on this thread. Haven't played a game seriously since diamond and pearl so I'm just getting back to my addiction in Y.

BEFORE I got the shiny charm I hatched one shiny tepig in about 800 eggs with masuda

AFTER I acquired the shiny charm I just hatched a shiny growlith on my first batch of 100. Working on the second batch and will update, probably gonna do 500 eggs altogether.

EDIt/UPDATE : hatched 500 eggs so far and had a second shiny growlith hatch on the 480th egg with masuda and shiny charm. Will update the chart

Last edited:
I'm gonna help too!

I just recently got my shiny charm and going to breed with Masuda Method to see how long it takes me to get a shiny.

First goal is to hatch 100 eggs. Will come back when I finish with that.

Progress:

200/300 = 0 shiny

Last edited:
Thirdbird, you missed mine. Currently I'm clocked in at 120, but still working on it. I'll be updating my post as I go, and I'll be posting one last post to confirm that my old post is all done.

If you followed all that XD

I pledge 1,000 eggs
batch 1- found a shiny on egg 19.
batch 2- 0 shinies
batch 3- 0 shinies
batch 4- 0 shinies
batch 5- found shiny on egg 99
batch 6-.

Last edited:
Just finished another batch of 100 and no luck. Hopefully it's a shiny every other batch, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Also, is it okay if I swap breeding parents? I might try for a shiny Aron next seeing as how my box is literally filled to the brim with 6IV and 5IV -SpAtk HA Venipedes. How do you guys dispose of your rejects and unwanted babies so quickly? Releasing them seems so wasteful.

I used to just wonder trade everything cause releasing flawless 5IV and 6IV seemed wrong but it takes too damn long so I just release everything and start again

Just finished another batch of 100 and no luck. Hopefully it's a shiny every other batch, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Also, is it okay if I swap breeding parents? I might try for a shiny Aron next seeing as how my box is literally filled to the brim with 6IV and 5IV -SpAtk HA Venipedes. How do you guys dispose of your rejects and unwanted babies so quickly? Releasing them seems so wasteful.
I generally keep all the 6 IV offspring (unless I get lots of them) and then only keep the female / low atk offspring to keep stock in my trade thread. I generally send a box into WT for every batch of 100 then release whatever is left over. WT helps take away the monotony of hatching eggs for a while.

I updated the chart. We're currently at 13,569 eggs and 30 eggs. I don't feel like constantly posting the chart up here, but I'll give updates whenever I can.

Also: This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but if you say, "I WILL pledge x eggs" without posting the results, then I won't count that because I won't know if you actually did those eggs or not. So if you say you will pledge x eggs, please be sure to post your results.

So I have 2 3DS and i move the cart between them. My one 3ds has given me 4 shinies and my other 3ds has given me 1. It probably doesn't matter the 3ds though right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)