Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

This is the part of breeding with egg moves that I don't like. Have to find a pokemon that knows the move you want then make sure it's in the same egg group. With my luck it never is lol so when it's not and it's the only one you have then you have to find a poke that can know it and is in the same egg group then level it up. I'm going from level 1 to 49 right now :( on level 34. Takes forever without the audino ladies in the battle chateau
Lucky Egg + level 100 lead pokemon + exp. share. one run-through of the E4 usually gets my whole team 30+

Updates!
Total eggs to date: 300
Total shiny: 1

What I've hatched: 200 aron, 25 vulpix, 25 poliwag, 25 corphish, 25 marill. All were bred with an English parent of the same species and a japanese ditto. The lone shiny was a vulpix.
Add 125 eevee and 75 swirlix with none shiny to that, and my grand total is now:

500 hatched
1 shiny

Another
Lucky Egg + level 100 lead pokemon + exp. share. one run-through of the E4 usually gets my whole team 30+
Another really good method is to have 2 Lucky Eggs on pokemon you want to level, put them in spots 2 and 3 respectively, go to Cafe Le Wow, Put a good lvl 100 sweeper up front with amulet coin, activate EXP lvl 3, go into a rotation battle. You easily go into the 40's or 50's and with amulet coin and the balm mushroom rewards you get your money back

Eggs Hatched: 1000
Shinies obtained: 1

Shiny Pinsir obtained at 795

BTW Anyone know what Pokemon I should do next?

Ok, I started hatching Goomy Eggs. Ended up with a present! Modest Gooey 5IV (missing Special Attack AGAIN! GOD DAMN IT!) Goomy. The best part? 150 eggs AGAIN! Ever since I gave up on Charmander, I've been on a GREAT roll!

Eggs: 3150
Shinies: 5

Add 125 eevee and 75 swirlix with none shiny to that, and my grand total is now:

500 hatched
1 shiny
I hatched 50 more eevee eggs, and got a shiny! So that makes my total:
550 hatched
2 shiny

This eevee was the last shiny that I really wanted and I probably won't purposely try to hatch another shiny, so I won't keep track of eggs any more. I had pretty good luck with my shiny quest. I'm happy.
But wow, it's a female modest eevee, has its hidden ability, and Iv's appear to be 31/?/31/27/31/31 That is incredibly lucky! What should I evolve it into? I'm leaning towards espeon so I can name it Palutena. 'Cause espeon is green, like her hair. :) Decided on espeon.

Last edited:
Update #3 :D

No 2nd Shiny Ponyta, but they are being put on hold, so I can get a Shiny Charmander instead

Pokemon - Vulpix; Number of Eggs Hatched: 35; Egg # Shiny Vulpix Achieved: 31
Pokemon - Ponyta; Number of Eggs Hatched: 420; Egg # Shiny Ponyta Achieved: 332
Pokemon - Charmander; Number of Eggs Hatched: 60; Egg # Shiny Charmander Achieved: N/A
Total: 515 Eggs
Shinies: 2

Ok so I contributed 810 to the other thread, but I finally unlocked shiny charm so Im going to start pledging eggs here. My intitial goal will be 3000 eggs, bred in batches of 300 eggs then hatched. I will use Kalos parents ONLY (pentagon). I usually hatch my eggs in random order, so I will state the box they are from but not the exact egg number. I will update shinies as they hatch here, and then enter my results in the doc once each batch is completed.

Batch #1 - 300 eggs
(Complete)
1 Shiny so far, box 7 (181-210)
Jap Goomy X Eng Goomy
No tipping.

Batch # 2- 300 eggs
(Complete)
1 Shiny Box 8
German Noibat X Eng Noibat
No tipping.

Batch # 3- 300 eggs
(Complete)
2 Shinys Box 5 and Box 7
Jap Skrelp X Eng Skrelp
No tipping.

Batch # 4- 300 eggs
(Complete)
1 Shiny Box 10
French M Charmander X Eng Kangaskhan
No tipping

Batch # 5- 300 eggs
(Complete)
1 Shiny Box 4
French M Charmander X Eng F Charmander
No Tipping

Batch #6- 300 eggs
(Complete)
2 Shinies Box 1 and Box 10
Japanese M Gible X Eng F Gible
No Tipping

Batch #7- 300 eggs
(Complete)
0 Shinies
French M Mawile X Eng F Mawile
No Tipping

UPDATED 3/29/14
Updated with Mawile batch, no shinies this time... quite surprised actually!

Update:

egg count: 5110
Shiny: 7

(1002th egg) Kricketot
(1088th egg) Blitzle
(2376th egg) Cottonee
(3340th egg) Eevee
(3840th egg) Misdreavus
(3841th egg) Shuppet
(5108th egg) Vulpix

working on shiny cherubi now....

Last edited:
Ok, so at 600 eggs, no shiny.
Decided to switch it up, I'm now using an English Fennekin and an Italian Ditto.

I know it doesn't help my chances but I guess foreign Dittos are just a wives tale for luck >.>

Hey there guys I just got my Shiny charm last night and I was wondering I'm gonna pledge 300 eggs but I'm gonna do things a little differntly I won't hatch my eggs I'm just gonna keep them in my boxes then use Mas Dumper to check which ones if any have a ESV that matches my TSV, since those would count as being shiny, plus I can just upload my progress with the spreadsheet that it spits out

Update 4...

So I strayed off the path again, I wanted to breed a competitive team, and so while breeding I happened to get a Shiny Joltik, upset that yet again I bred a non-competitive Pokemon, but it's a shiny, so hey... without further ado my results

Pokemon - Charmander; Number of Eggs Hatched: 85; Egg # Shiny Charmander Achieved: N/A
Pokemon - Absol; Number of Eggs Hatched: 45; Egg # Shiny Absol Achieved: N/A
Pokemon - Skarmory; Number of Eggs Hatched: 55; Egg # Shiny Skarmory Achieved: N/A
Pokemon - Joltik; Number of Eggs Hatched: 75; Egg # Shiny Joltik Achieved: 64
Total: 715 Eggs
Shinies: 3

Update 4...

So I strayed off the path again, I wanted to breed a competitive team, and so while breeding I happened to get a Shiny Joltik, upset that yet again I bred a non-competitive Pokemon, but it's a shiny, so hey... without further ado my results

Pokemon - Charmander; Number of Eggs Hatched: 85; Egg # Shiny Charmander Achieved: N/A
Pokemon - Absol; Number of Eggs Hatched: 45; Egg # Shiny Absol Achieved: N/A
Pokemon - Skarmory; Number of Eggs Hatched: 55; Egg # Shiny Skarmory Achieved: N/A
Pokemon - Joltik; Number of Eggs Hatched: 75; Egg # Shiny Joltik Achieved: 64
Total: 715 Eggs
Shinies: 3
I want your luck

Update, doing batches of 100 :

Batch 1 : Nothing
Batch 2 : Venipede
Batch 3 : Nothing
Batch 4 : Venipede #2
Batch 5 : Nothing
Batch 6 : Nothing
Batch 7 : Gastly

Total : 700 eggs, 3 shinies.

This whole thing is still active? I think I will help!
I'm using batches of 150.

Batch 1 - 1 shiny (150 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 2 - 1 shiny (300 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 3 - no shiny (450 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 4 - 1 shiny (600 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 5 - no shiny (750 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 6 - no shiny (900 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 7 - no shiny (1050 eggs hatched so far)
Batch 8 - 2 shinies (1200 eggs hatched so far)
Total - 1200 eggs hatched - 5 shinies
Hatched batches 7 and 8

UPDATE!!

egg count: 5345

Shiny: 8

(1002th egg) Kricketot
(1088th egg) Blitzle
(2376th egg) Cottonee
(3340th egg) Eevee
(3840th egg) Misdreavus
(3841th egg) Shuppet
(5108th egg) Vulpix
(5343th egg) Cherubi

just hatched a shiny modest charmander w/ dragon pulse (egg move) only perfect IV is sp. def but i'm not complaining

Eggs Hatched: 1745
shiny count: 2 :)

edit: the best part is, i was hatching houndours (ENG houndoom, JAP ditto) and that one random charmander egg happened to be in my PC

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)