Shower Thoughts Thread

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
When I went to Portugal back in 2018, I remember looking out the plane window and noticing for the first time that the sky colour gradated from that rich blue colour in the open sky to white at the horizon/in the area around the sun, and only then did it click for me why those flat blue skies you see in kids' drawings don't quite look right. It's honestly kinda funny how there are so many little things that you see every day but don't register until you actively start to look for them, and my respect for those artists who have taken the time to observe the world around them in minute detail to make their paintings feel that little bit more immersive/realistic increases every time I spot one.

If the date today was 5000 years ago, I'd probably die of natural causes within the next 5–10 years.
Actually, probably not. The big hurdle in ancient times was living past infancy; if you managed to do that, there was a solid chance you'd survive into what we would still call old age today. When applied to populations with high infant mortality, life expectancy can be a pretty misleading statistic. In case you're curious, here's an article with a deeper explanation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)