Shut Up

No one really gives a damn about intros, ladder rankings, or your 7 page long teambuilding process.... I made this around November last year and am pretty much over using it. It is incredibly consistent if you are willing to play patiently.

SHUT UP

Long story short, I wanted to make a forretress + ferro team based on abusing hazards, that means stall... super fun.

The descriptions are kind of bare bones, but you get the point.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Careful 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sturdy (yeah, because I'm going to run overcoat)

Stealth Rock
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Toxic

Forre is the primary hazard user of the team, having the number one priority Stealth Rock to throw out. Toxic Spikes are awesome for hampering just about everything, but a lot of the time I don't bother with them unless there is something like M2 or Arceus in team preview, or Tentacruel is around. Rapid spin is a given with Lugia on the team, and also makes the ferro vs. ferro spike war VERY beneficial for me, especially if they lack a ghost-type. Toxic is really just a filler, but comes in handy for SD arceus or whatever else decides to set up in his face.

Against offensive teams I play forre pretty loosely. I have a second steel-type, so if getting rocks or a layer of t-spikes up turn one is a must, he can pretty much always get it done. If I see an opposing ferro or another hazard mon I keep forre around to get rid of the mess when he gets a chance, though.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD

Spikes
Leech Seed
Protect
Gyro Ball

The second part of the steel backbone of the team, Ferro bosses its way around everything. The moveset is completely standard, but it works well. Spikes make the forced switching on this team realllly dangerous, and he is perfect for laying the layer or two I need. Leech seed is for passive damage and recovery, and it stacks well with toxic damage. Protect scouts or recovers a bit from lefties and leech seed... or just annoys stuff. I went with Gyro Ball over power whip for the ability to hit fast frail shit and non-resistant Dragons for decent damage.

Self explanatory, and beast.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Impish 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe

Substitute
Roost
Whirlwind
Toxic

I saw TR and a fuckton of other people using a similar lugia when drown all was posted, but I was like "What the hell are you doing using dragon tail???" A ton of stuff uses sub, now, and ferro, who is like the number one switch into Lugia, gets a layer and iron barbs damage on you? Screw that, I would rather phaze everything, sub or not. The tiny bit of Dtail damage isn't all that big a loss in the long run. That change aside, its pretty much the same set. Sub blocks weak attacks, leech seed, and status, Roost is roost, and Toxic lets Lugia damage stuff.

This thing is surprisingly where a lot of momentum comes from; one free sub and a whirlwind or two can lead to 60-70% being spread across the opponents team, and at pretty much no cost to me thanks to roost and lefties.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Timid 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Spacial Rend
Thunder
Fire Blast
Draco Meteor

I had never used a scarf Palk before this team, always straying away because it is super OU in ubers, but I ended up needing it to patch a few holes up. Pretty standard, Spacial Rend is consistent, Draco Meteor is POWER, Fire Blast eats ferrothorn in the rain, and Thunder is for Kyogre. I don't use a water move because the coverage overlaps with Ogre, and having DM and Fire Blast adds some extra utility to the team. Taking a Water Spout, revenging stuff, and cleaning up late game is the general gameplan.

Giratina-O @ the only thing he can hold
Lonely 252 Atk / 56 SpA / 200 Spe

Dragon Tail
Shadow Sneak
Draco Meteor
Substitute

Sub Dtail Gira-o? Yeah, it is pretty sick. Sub lets me block Leech Seed, Toxic, T-wave, or scout a switch and either loose a DM or Phaze for chip and hazard damage. Shadow sneak with max investment gives me an awesome safety net against M2, who is always 2HKO'd, as well as giving the team a tiny bit of priority to revenge random stuff clinging to a few HP. The 56 SpA evs let me always OHKO an opposing Gira-O, and the speed puts me comfortably ahead of most base 90's. I rarely rely on his physical defense to take a hit, and his water-type resistance comes in handy, sometimes, so I went with lonely.

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Modest 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe

Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Thunder
Sleep Talk

This is the reason Darkrai isn't anything to this team, which is incredible for a defensive team. This is far and away the most effective Ogre set in the meta, you play it just like every other Specs Ogre, but hen you see a Darkrai and think, "ok... damn... now what am I going to put to sleep?" You don't think, you send in Kyogre, take the Dark Void, and while whatever noob Darkrai user hits Nasty Plot and thinks they are all set to fuck shit up, you click Sleep Talk, and the Darkrai that was previously an annoyance to your team dies. Sleep Talk lets Ogre throw out an attack or two through out the match while asleep, which is cool considering the set's wicked coverage and the 1/3 chance to wreck ANYTHING coming in.

Why use Water Spout??? You get how many? Thats right, usually just 1. One super OP full force get the hell off my field blast. Thats cool and everything, but switch into rocks twice or pretty much any attack and cool, welcome to being walled by ferrothorn. Hydro Pump is always 120BP and will always 2HKO ferrothorn, Chansey, Blissey, and Grass Arceus, and OHKO pretty much everything else, bar select 4X resistors like Palk and Colo, and ability immune pokes, no matter what health I am at. So yeah, I basically get 8 unquestioned full power Water Spouts. Use it, seriously.

--------------------

Thanks for checking out the team, give it a whirl.

but hen you see a Darkrai and think, "ok... damn... now what am I going to put to sleep?" You don't think, you send in Kyogre, take the Dark Void, and while whatever noob Darkrai user hits Nasty Plot and thinks they are all set to fuck shit up, you click Sleep Talk, and the Darkrai that was previously an annoyance to your team dies.
As much as I'm cool with choice users with Sleep Talk (I used ST on Scarf Chomp back in GenIV) I think your statement is assuming a little too much. The only people Dark Voiding the first turn are the same people that click Psycho Boost with Deo-A every single time without thinking or use Psychic Gem Mewtwo for that matters (hint: not very good players). You could argue that those players are 75% of the meta right now and it will be probably true, but a half-decent player would know how to use Darkrai and smell the Sleep Talker bait.

Stuff that I agree on: Whirlwind >> Dragon Tail. Cool points for that.
Why use Water Spout??? You get how many? Thats right, usually just 1.
QFT. Hydro Pump is boss. I wouldn't rely on it hitting twice on a row, though.

Nice job when typing out that Shut Up. I was about to shout. :)
But the team isn't bad at all.
However, be careful around StallTwo. Once again, good job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)