Silly Things You've Seen In Other Metagames

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-232922284
Left:
-Dual screen Mega Audino. Screens are okay, I guess, but it's Mega Audino. And it set up said screens in front of Brick Break Mewtwo.
-Giga Drain Chesnaught.
-Non-mega Altaria with Dragon Dance and Aerial Ace.
-Night Slash+Water Shuriken+Waterfall+Hydro Pump Torrent Greninja using Hydro Pump and Waterfall against a Primal Groudon.

Right:
-Physical Assault Vest Mewtwo, apparently without a STAB move.
-Air Balloon Mega Rayquaza with Aerial Ace, Flamethrower, and Draco Meteor, not once using Dragon Ascent.
-Aerial Ace Mew.
-Primal Groudon using Dragon Tail against the last mon (Delphox) when it could have just used its Ground STAB to win.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-232916073
Another shitty 5 mon team, starring two uses of Memento against... Chansey.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-232920934
Shedinja didn't have a sash, but Drifblim did. Also starring Flash Cannon Quick Claw Deoxys-A, Giga Impact Megamence, Swagger Blaziken, and Poison Fang Megawile, also with Swagger.

oops, sorry, didn't realize that this was the room and not the replay. Oops.

I have a feeling he forfeited because of the Shedinja. He would have found out that it was Choice Band Giga Drain, however.

also
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-232922284
Left:
-Dual screen Mega Audino. Screens are okay, I guess, but it's Mega Audino. And it set up said screens in front of Brick Break Mewtwo.
-Giga Drain Chesnaught.
-Non-mega Altaria with Dragon Dance and Aerial Ace.
-Night Slash+Water Shuriken+Waterfall+Hydro Pump Torrent Greninja using Hydro Pump and Waterfall against a Primal Groudon.

Right:
-Physical Assault Vest Mewtwo, apparently without a STAB move.
-Air Balloon Mega Rayquaza with Aerial Ace, Flamethrower, and Draco Meteor, not once using Dragon Ascent.
-Aerial Ace Mew.
-Primal Groudon using Dragon Tail against the last mon (Delphox) when it could have just used its Ground STAB to win.
I would like to add here that mega rayquaza used Draco Meteor on enemies that would've died to anything else (twice!)

Last edited:
That's the room, we need the replay, please. Also, why does that M-Ray even have Draco? Outrage exists should the combo of DA/ExtremeSpeed not kill everything enough.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-233177420
Right side:
  • Stockpile / Substitute / Crunch / Dynamic Punch Snorlax, staying in vs. Florges when you have Metagross.
  • Stupidly sacced Gourgeist-XL.
  • Dark Pulse (DARK. IS. NOT. GHOST.) + Pain Split (when Recover exists) Jellicent which used Acid Armor vs. Volcarona, a special attacker.
  • Mimic Porygon-Z.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-233175291
Right side:
  • Head Smash Tyrantrum without Rock Head.
  • Jolteon, when Raikou exists.
  • Doublade, when Aegislash exists. It spammed Shadow Sneak on a healthy Mega Rayquaza (unless it was Banded, then that's even sillier).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-233170676
Left side:
  • Flare Blitz Magmortar.
  • Stupidly sacced Mega Gardevoir when you have Metagross to revenge kill Belly Drum Slurpuff.
  • Metagross forgetting Shedinja's Wonder Guard.
  • Hydro Cannon Greninja.
  • Haxorus using Taunt after letting Clefable use 5 Cosmic Powers. It could have just Taunted on turn 16, then switched to Metagross.
Right side:
  • Wobbuffet using Mirror Coat vs. a Dark Pulse Greninja.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-233164428
Left side:
  • Water Shuriken Greninja.
Right side:
  • Bright Powder Electivire, with Cross Chop as its only non-Electric-type move.
  • Meteor Mash Deoxys-A.
  • Dragon Pulse Aerodactyl.
  • Fly Mega Charizard Y.
  • Frenzy Plant Torterra.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
The opposing Seadra used Self-Destruct!
A critical hit! Mew lost 100% of its health!
Mew fainted!
The opposing Seadra fainted!
lordmagecar won the battle!

This is gen 1 challenge cup everybody!

The opposing Seadra used Self-Destruct!
A critical hit! Mew lost 100% of its health!
Mew fainted!
The opposing Seadra fainted!
lordmagecar won the battle!

This is gen 1 challenge cup everybody!
You forgot the part where I useedd mimic to get it even though it wasn't the last move you used... GLITCHMONS FTW

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
You forgot the part where I useedd mimic to get it even though it wasn't the last move you used... GLITCHMONS FTW
It's actually different for gen 1. The target doesn't copy the last move used by the target in gen 1 but selects a random move the opponent has

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-232647562
Left side:
  • Have pikachu, togitic, and leafeon
  • Dynamic punch, wish with leftovers pikachu
  • Rain dance mixed blastoise with earthquake, hydro pump, outrage
  • Drain punch gengar
  • Special charizard x
Right Side
  • Dragon pulse, glare heliolsk
  • Iapapa berry breloom with energy ball trying to spore leafeon
  • Mixed charizard y
  • X-Scizzor drapion
  • Ice beam, blizzard, heal bell manapy
  • Manapy using heal bell when none of his team was statused
  • Torrent aerice ace greninja

Last edited:
Also non-mega Sharpedo, or else an overpredict (counting on the other player counting on him Protecting). Not that it matters when you have Bisharp. (Bisharp is love. Bisharp is life.)

Further note: Garde had exactly 84 HP EVs (298 HP as a mega). Which means, I think, 84 across the board--a perfectly even EV spread. Aside from the random metas (randbats and Challenge Cup), who does that?

Also, Mega Sharpedo is better than LO Sharpedo. Strong Jaw Crunch hits harder than standard with a Life Orb while giving you semblance of actual bulk--not enough to survive a Pixilate Hyper Voice, but standard Mega Shark could have lived that Draining Kiss (assuming 84 SpA EVs and a neutral nature; see above).

Anyway, I have more (at last!). This shortie:
  • (L) Ninjask apparently intended to SpeedPass to Shedinja. Those are the only two mons on this team. (Go ahead and say it: Scolipede. Or Blaziken, for that matter.) However, Sheddy led.
  • (R) The opponent: a Substitute/Double Team/Protect Bidoof. At least it had Moody, but come on, have the decency to use Bibarel. And with only one attacking slot, you can imagine how this battle went.
And here, we see a Power Split Shuckle. Much better than Power Trick, as it allows you to neuter your opponent and boost your own punch without sacrificing those insane defenses. Alas, it used EQ on a Gengar (which was Sub/Double Team). That trainer then forfeited.

And here:
  • (L) Gyarados with Dragon Rage. What is this, RBY? No, it does not do 80 damage against Mega Ray. Also had Aqua Tail and Body Slam. Aqua Tail makes sense, but has that annoying tendency to miss at the worst times--which it did here.
  • (R) Ray, for its part, has Dragon Claw. Well, I guess you can play it somewhat safe on move selection, since even that will do a ton with 180 Atk. But: no Life Orb, no Band (it DD'd turn 1), no Leftovers, even. Okay then.
Another for you. This Mega Ray has a lone teammate in Smeargle, and is fairly well-built (Dragon Claw and Dragon Ascent for STABs, Leftovers for the item)...but when it tries to 6-0 a team, hax occur:
  • Darkrai outspeeds and puts it to sleep, then fires off a Nightmare. So will Darkrai show us why even The Ascendant needs a little help? No! It's a one-turn sleep, and it folds to a DA.
  • Next mon up is Rotom-N (!), which succeeds in paralyzing it with a Thunderbolt. Ray gets into the red thanks to a crucial full para and the DA drop, but alas, it folds.
  • Togekiss finally takes it down with Ancient Power--but it still needs two of those thanks to Delta Stream. (And okay, 20% chance of an across-the board boost, but come on. In comes Smeargle, a Moody one with Spore, Lock-On, Sheer Cold, and...Fissure. Um, worried about getting PP stalled or something?
  • Alas, the six-mon player figures it out when he's finally down to Bisharp and Chansey: Chansey throws out a Toxic, and then proceeds to switch around the horn while Smeargle whiffs Sheer Cold (and Fissure) after Sheer Cold (and Fissure) to no avail, until it finally bites it. Which is what happens when you don't have a move that can actually take advantage of Moody. (OHKO moves are unaffected by accuracy and evasion modifiers, remember.)

Further note: Garde had exactly 84 HP EVs (298 HP as a mega). Which means, I think, 84 across the board--a perfectly even EV spread. Aside from the random metas (randbats and Challenge Cup), who does that?

Also, Mega Sharpedo is better than LO Sharpedo. Strong Jaw Crunch hits harder than standard with a Life Orb while giving you semblance of actual bulk--not enough to survive a Pixilate Hyper Voice, but standard Mega Shark could have lived that Draining Kiss (assuming 84 SpA EVs and a neutral nature; see above).

Anyway, I have more (at last!). This shortie:
  • (L) Ninjask apparently intended to SpeedPass to Shedinja. Those are the only two mons on this team. (Go ahead and say it: Scolipede. Or Blaziken, for that matter.) However, Sheddy led.
  • (R) The opponent: a Substitute/Double Team/Protect Bidoof. At least it had Moody, but come on, have the decency to use Bibarel. And with only one attacking slot, you can imagine how this battle went.
And here, we see a Power Split Shuckle. Much better than Power Trick, as it allows you to neuter your opponent and boost your own punch without sacrificing those insane defenses. Alas, it used EQ on a Gengar (which was Sub/Double Team). That trainer then forfeited.

And here:
  • (L) Gyarados with Dragon Rage. What is this, RBY? No, it does not do 80 damage against Mega Ray. Also had Aqua Tail and Body Slam. Aqua Tail makes sense, but has that annoying tendency to miss at the worst times--which it did here.
  • (R) Ray, for its part, has Dragon Claw. Well, I guess you can play it somewhat safe on move selection, since even that will do a ton with 180 Atk. But: no Life Orb, no Band (it DD'd turn 1), no Leftovers, even. Okay then.
Another for you. This Mega Ray has a lone teammate in Smeargle, and is fairly well-built (Dragon Claw and Dragon Ascent for STABs, Leftovers for the item)...but when it tries to 6-0 a team, hax occur:
  • Darkrai outspeeds and puts it to sleep, then fires off a Nightmare. So will Darkrai show us why even The Ascendant needs a little help? No! It's a one-turn sleep, and it folds to a DA.
  • Next mon up is Rotom-N (!), which succeeds in paralyzing it with a Thunderbolt. Ray gets into the red thanks to a crucial full para and the DA drop, but alas, it folds.
  • Togekiss finally takes it down with Ancient Power--but it still needs two of those thanks to Delta Stream. (And okay, 20% chance of an across-the board boost, but come on. In comes Smeargle, a Moody one with Spore, Lock-On, Sheer Cold, and...Fissure. Um, worried about getting PP stalled or something?
  • Alas, the six-mon player figures it out when he's finally down to Bisharp and Chansey: Chansey throws out a Toxic, and then proceeds to switch around the horn while Smeargle whiffs Sheer Cold (and Fissure) after Sheer Cold (and Fissure) to no avail, until it finally bites it. Which is what happens when you don't have a move that can actually take advantage of Moody. (OHKO moves are unaffected by accuracy and evasion modifiers, remember.)
How do you know garde had 298 hp? And I never said that life orb sharpedo was better than mega sharpedo... I just said that he had a life orb, so it couldn't " or else an overpredict (counting on the other player counting on him Protecting)."

a Garbage Gen-Next OU set that should not be used for better Quiver Dancers like Masquerain and Volcarona

DONT USE THIS SET
Masquerain @ Focus Sash/Any item that is not Stick(AKA Gossamer Wing)
Ability: Unnerve
-Quiver Dance
-Air Slash
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
+SPE -ATK
252 Spe 252 Spatk 4 HP

USE THIS INSTEAD
Masquerain @ Stick
Ability: Intimidate
-Quiver Dance
-Surf
-Hurricane
-Bug Buzz
Modest Nature
252 SPATK 252 SPE 4 SPDEF

If you don't use Gossamer Wing on Masquerain, watch as it falls to a Thunderbolt or a neutral attack after 25% from stealth rock(Yea, it got nerfed). You should never use Hydro Pump over Surf, which now gets a signature move boost AND a chance to lower speed. Use Hurricane instead of Air Slash, mostly because Masquerain works very well in the rain. Ice Beam should not be used over any move, and Bug Buzz is a MUST on a set.

a Garbage Gen-Next OU set that should not be used for better Quiver Dancers like Masquerain and Volcarona

DONT USE THIS SET
Masquerain @ Focus Sash/Any item that is not Stick(AKA Gossamer Wing)
Ability: Unnerve
-Quiver Dance
-Air Slash
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
+SPE -ATK
252 Spe 252 Spatk 4 HP

USE THIS INSTEAD
Masquerain @ Stick
Ability: Intimidate
-Quiver Dance
-Surf
-Hurricane
-Bug Buzz
Modest Nature
252 SPATK 252 SPE 4 SPDEF

If you don't use Gossamer Wing on Masquerain, watch as it falls to a Thunderbolt or a neutral attack after 25% from stealth rock(Yea, it got nerfed). You should never use Hydro Pump over Surf, which now gets a signature move boost AND a chance to lower speed. Use Hurricane instead of Air Slash, mostly because Masquerain works very well in the rain. Ice Beam should not be used over any move, and Bug Buzz is a MUST on a set.
did you actually see that set once? also, bp masquerain > masquerain sweeper :]. Also,if you want to play NEXT,i'm typically at OM room.

Also
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-233792256
1) player 2 uses spore on ferrothorn. twice.
2) cosmic power smeargle tho?
3) hone claws bp blaziken. apparently with no fire type moves to kill ferrothorn.
4) bug bite caterpie. i think that was banded.
5) pain split forretress

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
did you actually see that set once? also, bp masquerain > masquerain sweeper :]. Also,if you want to play NEXT,i'm typically at OM room.

Also
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-233792256
1) player 2 uses spore on ferrothorn. twice.
2) cosmic power smeargle tho?
3) hone claws bp blaziken. apparently with no fire type moves to kill ferrothorn.
4) bug bite caterpie. i think that was banded.
5) pain split forretress
Contrary V-Create>Cosmic Power tbh js

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-234060367

Left Side:
- Kricketune
- Butterfree

Right Side:
- Brave Bird Mega Pidgeot
- Fearow
- Unfezant
- An entire team of Normal/Flying types, leading me to wonder if he set out to create a mono Normal or a mono Flying team.
- If your team almost gets swept from turn 1 by an Armaldo with leftovers, chances are you need to start over and try again.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-234079929

Dear god. As if this wasn't bad enough, this guy was TOP 200.

Kingscrubber later got into a match with the guy and we found out the electivire was Thunder Wave / Thunder Punch / Hammer Arm / Earthquake.

But that's not even the worst part.

THE MALAMAR HAD SLASH.

I also calced Calm Mind Arc-Steel vs. EQ Quaza.
252+ Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Steel: 252-299 (56.7 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It did over 85%.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-234081086

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)