Pokémon Silvally

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, i though this thing would be the equivalent of arceus in OU, but looks like pretty mediocre. such a shallow moveset. what a bummer. hopefully move tutors could help this dude when the next gen 7 game appears

Silvally-Ground @ Ground Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Parting Shot
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I've been using this thing as a pivot to deal with a lot of the strong electric types running around and it's found its way onto a few teams because of it. I feel like parting shot is really the main niche silvally has, and sleep talking it can really give you some momentum.

Could Steel Silvally do the same thing or am I missing something? A lot of people are talking poison typing.
Steel Silvally can be a thing, it could act as a bait for fire types and hit them back with Surf or Air slash Fighting types with a good chance of flinch.
Plus, a good resistance to a lot of types can lead to a defensive/ specially defensive set.
The thing about Silvally that I love is that he can answer back to pretty much any situation, but sadly he lacks things to stay strong in battle.
That's why he is probably more suited for Doubles, the question about will he be OU or UU is still unknown. Heck it might even go BL for as far as we know !

Last edited:
Careful Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Parting Shot
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I've been using this thing as a pivot to deal with a lot of the strong electric types running around and it's found its way onto a few teams because of it. I feel like parting shot is really the main niche silvally has, and sleep talking it can really give you some momentum.
Man, if this thing eventually gets Recover, it's gonna be a great pivot.

Does this thing have any sort of potential use in a Doubles metagame? All I really see from it is Snarl, Swagger and perhaps even Explosion on Normal-type sets. It could perhaps even be a backup weather setter since it knows Sandstorm, Hail, Sunny Day and Rain Dance, or use Z-Parting Shot to bring back a weakened teammate.

Other than that, I don't really see much use for this thing in VGC or Doubles OU, unfortunately...

Honestly, don't see any reason to use Z-Heal Block when Life Orb Work up increases your special attack by about the same amount and can be used multiple times per match.

Speaking of work up, I do think specific Silvally forms would make use of it for more specially based sets. While it does boost silvally's special attack less than Swords Dance boost its attack, Silvally's specially based coverage moves have significantly higher base power, making up for its weaker power boost somewhat. I feel that Ghost Silvally with Shadow Ball would be the most threatening in the lower tiers, as it achieves almost perfect neutral coverage with Shadow Ball and one coverage move, allowing Silvally to run Parting shot or another Utility move like Thunder Wave in the last slot.

Silvally @ Rock Memory
Evs: 252 Ark / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi Attack
- Crunch
- Iron head / Explosion

Probably not viable in OU, but I can see it being great in Uu or Ru

the most successful Silvally i've tried was a scarfer with DE/explosion/u-turn/parting shot. use u-turn or parting shot to grab momentum and/or set up a set up mon DE frail non-resists explode on a key mon to take it out or weaken for another mon.

Careful Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Parting Shot
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Used this set, It actually kind of effective and really uses grounds few weaknesses to the max.

It's been a long while since I tried creating my own set so I apologize in advance if this ends up not that great. A little theorycrafting with Silvally resulted in a bulky pivot set with the main objective being to cripple opposing pokemon (mainly special attackers) so your team has an easier time setting up against offense:

Silvally @ Steel Memory
252 HD / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature(?)
- Multi-Attack
- Snarl
- Thunder Wave
- Parting Shot

Note that Snarl's main purpose is to lower SpA rather than to deal damage, so the hindering nature might(?) be okay. My apologies, I'm uncertain of what the best nature would be for a set like this.

I also chose a physically defensive EV spread as Snarl discourages special attackers or lowers their damage output, even moreso when pivoting with Parting Shot. Steel is the chosen type for the large number of resistances, and it makes Silvally somewhat of a threat to the new Tapus with Steel STAB Multi-Attack. While the nerf to T-Wave is certainly noticeable it is still a fantastic move for slowing down opposing pokemon, but unfortunately does not work on the new Electric threat Tapu Cocoa.

I'd really like some feedback on this set, or some help making a similar yet more effective set. IMO Silvally is better used in a role where it doesn't get outclassed by many other pokemon. It seems to have a nice combination of tools that creates a cool, niche utility, or it could be just me.

Last edited:
Tried to work out how to best use Silvally-Normal.

I've tried a SD sweeper set with DE, but generally even with HP investment and no Life Orb I found it just dies too quickly to accomplish much.

Scarf Silvally shouldn't be used in OU, it's a poor man's Genesect. Genesect hits much harder with U-Turn, has a stronger Explosion and STAB if it gets the Download boost (+1 Iron Head does more damage than Double Edge, has no recoil and an annoying 30% flinch chance), a bit more speed and a much better typing. The only thing Scarf Silvally really has is Parting Shot, which I don't think makes it worth using over Genesect. It might be a usable substitute for Genesect if it gets banned though.

In the end, here's what I came up with:

Silvally @ Normalium Z
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Crunch
- Flame Charge
- Swords Dance

This works around its lack of longevity by just focusing on nuking and booming to tear holes in the opposing team. STAB 200 BP Breakneck Blitz which may be followed by the most powerful Explosion in the game (besides boosted Explosions like Download Genesect's or Galvanize Golem-Alola's) is incredibly hard to switch into, and becomes even worse when boosted with Swords Dance. Silvally's bulk is usually enough to setup on most things provided it isn't facing strong Fighting-type or boosted attacks. Generally, you're aiming to use Flame Charge (brings Silvally up to 433 / 475 Speed) against fast teams, taking advantage of their lower bulk to smash through them (most uninvested Pokemon that don't resist Breakneck Blitz are usually in danger of being OHKO'd), or set up Swords Dance to blow holes in slower teams. In my experience so far it usually at worst forces a trade, and more often than not takes out atleast 2 Pokemon on the opposing team before biting the dust.

Some calcs:
252+ Atk Silvally Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 234-276 (90.3 - 106.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Silvally Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 262-310 (88.2 - 104.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Silvally Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pinsir-Mega: 246-291 (90.7 - 107.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Silvally Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Latias: 315-372 (86.5 - 102.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Silvally Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 307-363 (100.9 - 119.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Silvally Flame Charge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Celesteela: 190-224 (47.7 - 56.2%) -- 84% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Silvally Explosion vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Skarmory: 268-316 (80.2 - 94.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Silvally Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash: 216-256 (67 - 79.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This set's biggest threats that I can see are Ghost-types and Protect moves nullifying its nukes, Terrakion (fast Fighting-type, resists everything on the set, and can take an unboosted BB/Explosion comfortably enough), physically defensive Skarmory, strong priority, fast scarfers (particularly those with Fighting coverage), and most unfortunately Mega Sableye. The various trappers can take out Ghost-types, Terrakion and Skarmory, speed control can reduce Terrakion and many scarfers to a check, and the threat of priority can be reduced with Psychic Terrain or screens. Not much can be done about Mega Sableye outside trying to bait it with a lure, or maybe having Safeguard or Mystic Terrain support to help Silvally get enough SDs to KO with Crunch before it can get burned.

Silvally with Electric Memory holds a niche of having a decent physical electric attack, with decent mixed potential thanks to Flamethrower/Ice Beam. Work Up with those 3 attacks turn it into a nice mixed cleaner (stay the hell away from A-Marowak though).

It can also have a Swords Dance set, and it's one of the TWO electric mons EVER that learns it (the other is... Electric Arceus). Correct me if i'm wrong. SD/Multi-Attack/Ice Fang/Rock Slide maybe?

Silvally with Electric Memory holds a niche of having a decent physical electric attack, with decent mixed potential thanks to Flamethrower/Ice Beam. Work Up with those 3 attacks turn it into a nice mixed cleaner (stay the hell away from A-Marowak though).
Mega Manectric is a better option as a special Electric type with Flamethrower / Hidden Power Ice, and he is stronger and faster. Although a good physical Electric attacker can be appeciated.

My friend tested a set I made last night based on Z-Parting Shot:

Silvally @ Darknium-Z
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Parting Shot
- Tri-Attack
- Snarl
- Thunder Wave

Z-Parting Shot won him a game by healing his Kartana from 1% to full. Silvally was also able to tank decently well with the EV spread and stat drops caused by its moves, while also spreading some status around with T-Wave.

In another game, Z-Parting Shot was used to heal his Golisopod that had a burn, and the burn was cured. Is this intended or a bug within Showdown?

It can also have a Swords Dance set, and it's one of the TWO electric mons EVER that learns it (the other is... Electric Arceus). Correct me if i'm wrong. SD/Multi-Attack/Ice Fang/Rock Slide maybe?
I've tried a similar SD set, but instead of Rock Slide, I ran Crunch as it not only does slightly more damage to Alolan Marowak as well as something to hit Aegislash super effectively, but also has a chance to lower the opponent's defense and not have a chance to miss. It's admittedly a pretty nice cleaner that has put in work for me at times, but tbh, this kind of SD set is just performed better by other mons, especially due to the fact that the Memory items don't boost the power of STAB moves used by Silvally unlike Arceus's plates, meaning even after an SD boost, Multi-Attack coming off a decent-at-best 95 Atk doesn't do as much damage as you'd like, especially if you run Jolly, which you'll need to do in order to outpace Xurkitree.

Given the lack of recovery and no real room to run any bulk on SD sets due to the laughably-poor offensive presence, I feel SD sets utilizing STAB Explosion will be the best way to use SD Silvally since it's not going to last very long in matches anyways. While having an SD mon with BoltBeam coverage is nice, the power is just lacking, I'm afraid.

This thing's multi attack with the Fairy memory is the only good physical Fairy move with perfect accuracy, right? I know it's probably not hitting hard with 95 base attack and no item, mind you, but good physical fairies look to be very hard to come by.

This thing's multi attack with the Fairy memory is the only good physical Fairy move with perfect accuracy, right? I know it's probably not hitting hard with 95 base attack and no item, mind you, but good physical fairies look to be very hard to come by.
I guess it depends how you define good...

252+ Atk (Fairy) Silvally (Fairy) Multi-Attack vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 206-246 (49.4 - 58.9%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Sylveon (1.2x Pixilate) Frustration vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 222-264 (53.2 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I guess it depends how you define good...

252+ Atk (Fairy) Silvally (Fairy) Multi-Attack vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 206-246 (49.4 - 58.9%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Sylveon (1.2x Pixilate) Frustration vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 222-264 (53.2 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Wow, point taken. That's spectacularly bad. Is that without an item on Sylveon?

Wow, point taken. That's spectacularly bad. Is that without an item on Sylveon?
yup, though after running a few more calcs physical Sylveon probably doesn't suck quite as much as you'd think

252+ Atk Life Orb Sylveon Frustration vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 181-214 (53 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 169-201 (49.5 - 58.9%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

It actually is pretty close to Clefable's Moonblast, while also being bulkier physically and faster.
0 Atk Silvally Multi-Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 93-111 (27.2 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 99-117 (29 - 34.3%) -- 2.5% chance to 3HKO

I was looking at potential fairy SD sets earlier but it's just really disappointing when you combine 95 atk with a 90 bp stab, 65 bp coverage moves, and it can't even use an item to boost it's attack.

yup, though after running a few more calcs physical Sylveon probably doesn't suck quite as much as you'd think

252+ Atk Life Orb Sylveon Frustration vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 181-214 (53 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 169-201 (49.5 - 58.9%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

It actually is pretty close to Clefable's Moonblast, while also being bulkier physically and faster.
0 Atk Silvally Multi-Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 93-111 (27.2 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 99-117 (29 - 34.3%) -- 2.5% chance to 3HKO

I was looking at potential fairy SD sets earlier but it's just really disappointing when you combine 95 atk with a 90 bp stab, 65 bp coverage moves, and it can't even use an item to boost it's attack.

This actually goes to show you just how overpowered Pixilate really is. Its kinda funny how 65 Base Attack Sylveon actually hits harder than 150 base Attack Aegislah

Silvally @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Been running this set and it isn't terrible. Because of Assault Vest and the natural bulk, the enemy has to put in work to take Silvally out. It's WIP but it's usable.

Modest is good too, but it will get outsped quite a bit.

Just made this aberration:

Manticore (Silvally-Flying) @ Flying Memory
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Flamethrower

Ok, it was originally made to be a paraflincher, or something like that. It's also very good to kill both Landorus forms, I'm just really trying to make a good set with the Memories, not sure if it is good or not, would love some rating tho.

Some replays with this thing:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-484670880

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-484675268

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)