Simple Question, Simple Answer Thread Advance

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
you should probably post the whole set you're thinking of for both pokemon

ok.

Medicham (M) @ Choice Band ** Hinder
Trait: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Shadow Ball

Basic CB. The reason why I was considering Fake Out is because Endrevvers are ruining my team.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers ** Funeral
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 116 HP / 104 Atk / 192 Def / 96 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

I was considering HP Bug because my team has Celebi problems.

Let's say I passed 2 Egg moves to a pokemon, If i was to breed that baby with the 2 egg moves with a ditto, would i still retain the egg moves (and does it matter if it's male or female)?

EDIT: To clarify

If I was to breed an egg move from Poke A to Poke B, Then I want to breed that egg move and another egg move from Poke B to Poke C, Could I then Breed Poke C with a Ditto and retain both egg moves.

hello prolly you answer this many times but i cant find the answer..

in emerald the ability of sinchronyze works on the legends like rayquaza and the regis???

Is it too early for me to post my next RMT? It's a Double Battle Water Team.

Edit: I don't see any objections, so I think it should be OK. Posting.

depends
donphan if you want a spinner who can also hit hard
claydol if you want a tankish spinner who can also set up screens/resist ground and fighting/explode/use spatks to an extent/doesnt have a crap spdef

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Basic CB. The reason why I was considering Fake Out is because Endrevvers are ruining my team.

Fake Out doesn't help vs. Endure + Reversal, because the odds are they'll just Endure again when you bring out Medicham.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers ** Funeral
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 116 HP / 104 Atk / 192 Def / 96 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Then use HP Bug. You just lose some Metagross coverage, mostly. Also always always always max Forretress's HP, especially before you even think of putting a single point in its Defense (and before you split Defense and Special Defense).

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Let's say I passed 2 Egg moves to a pokemon, If i was to breed that baby with the 2 egg moves with a ditto, would i still retain the egg moves (and does it matter if it's male or female)?
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but let's just say that you bred a Bulbasaur with Charm and Light Screen. If the Bulbasaur is male and you breed with Ditto, the egg moves will get passed down to the new Bulbasaur babies. Female Pokemon can never pass egg moves.

I am breeding for a good Blastoise on Emerald. I have good potential at breeding a Calm one.

Squirtle - #7 (Calm) (Female)
HP: 5 - 11
Att: 16
Def: 29
SpA: 30
SpD: 27
Speed: 3

Squirtle - #7 (Hasty) (Male)
Att: 0 - 3
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 22
SpD: 30
Speed: 14 - 21

I need to work on the HP , that much is obvious.

I was going to do Mirror Coat and Counter but would you? Mixed sweepers would be a problem for it. Should I go with Calm or Bold?

Is my friend right?
I'd say Counter if it's Calm and MC if it's Bold.
-Sisen

I am breeding for a good Blastoise on Emerald. I have good potential at breeding a Calm one.

Squirtle - #7 (Calm) (Female)

Squirtle - #7 (Hasty) (Male)

I need to work on the HP , that much is obvious.

I was going to do Mirror Coat and Counter but would you? Mixed sweepers would be a problem for it. Should I go with Calm or Bold?

Is my friend right?
-Sisen
Pick the first one. If you really want to use Mirror coat or Counter on Blastoise, go with both, or just Counter.

I'd go with the Calm Squirtle. Much better than Bold IMO.

Earthquake or Thunderpunch for my Quiet Sceptile? I'm leaning towards the fist of fury.

What's a better move set for Kecleon? I am thinking of either:

Kecleon @ Choice Band
Color Change
Adamant Nature
~Substitute
~Focus Punch
~Rock Slide
~Trick
Either Rock Slide with CB, or Trick it to a Special Attacker. High Sp.D should allow for Sub to be set up and allows for a Focus Punch to hit.

Or...

@ Leftovers
Impish Nature (Def/Sp.A)
~Return
~Brick Break
~Rock Slide / Shadow Ball / Thunder Wave
~Skill Swap
Skill Swap myself a Levitate or something good. Especially good against Gengars.

Other move set suggestions welcome. I am leaning more towards the Skill Swap version.

Also need help with EVs.

I heard from a friend there was more locations of Kecleon other than the two you must fight, any1 wanna give me directions to make it easier on me to find hidden power?

Pick the first one. If you really want to use Mirror coat or Counter on Blastoise, go with both, or just Counter.
I may just teach it both people can decide later on if they want them.

I'd go with the Calm Squirtle. Much better than Bold IMO.

Earthquake or Thunderpunch for my Quiet Sceptile? I'm leaning towards the fist of fury.
I am going with calm.

Squirtle - #7 (Hasty) male

Squirtle - #7 (Calm) female

Squirtle - #7 (Calm) male
HP: 31
Att: 29 - 31

Squirtle - #7 (Calm) male O(marked)
HP: 29 - 30
Att: 29 - 31
Def: 15
SpA: 25 - 27
SpD: 31

Should I breed with my Calm Male or my Hasty Male?

-Sisen

Ghandi1988: Kecleon may be located in the grass on the way to Fortree City, and along the route past of it. Both locations yield Kecleons, but are very rare.

Fairy: Thunderpunch.

Ceielo: The first set is much better, I've messed up many NU teams with Trick.

I recently hatched this:

Squirtle - #7 (Calm) (Female) Marked Heart
HP: 12 - 19
Att: 23
SpD: 31
Speed: 24 - 25

Should I use it? It has Mirror Coat and I will tutor counter.
Or should I breed some more?
It is going to be for my thread and to use in battles so...

-Sisen

I just checked this one.
Squirtle - #7 (Calm) (Male) (Marked Triangle)
HP: 27
Att: 14 - 15
SpD: 28 - 29
Speed: 24 - 25

Use it or breed it with the female?

-Sisen

Is there a good place to find an ingame Double Battle in Emerald? I'm trying to make a Smeargle, but I need a way to get Smeargle to copy moves. Something like the Battle Restaurant in D/P would be great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)