Simple Question, Simple Answer Thread Advance

how mnay times can you battle steven?
In Ruby / Sapphire you can battle him as many times as you want but in Emerald you can only battle him once.
when do the gym leaders battle you for the second,thrid,fourth, and fifth time?
I believe you need to get more Symbols on your trainer card to battle then for a second / third time.

well that stinks i beat steven with one pokemon... there was no chance for him to win. atlest in gold and silver you could battle ash once a day...

i thought id just say you can battle ash everytime you beat the e4 not once a day and just to stay on topic can you buy rare candys at all or do you have to use pick up trait? :P

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Have to use Pick Up or find them but seriously once you have one in Emerald you should be able to clone it as much as you like.

They, like the Latis in RSE, are far more likely to have bad IVs unfortunately.
The Latis have bad IVs in Emerald as well? I didn't notice that.. so just out of curiosity, all the good Latis in people's trade threads.. where do they generally come from? Events?

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Either they're really lucky or I know some people used the E-reader thing to unlock the other Lati at level 50 which is stationary and can be reset for pretty easily. Or yeah an event I suppose.

i thought id just say you can battle ash everytime you beat the e4 not once a day and just to stay on topic can you buy rare candys at all or do you have to use pick up trait? :P
i know you can battle him everyday i would just battle him day after day then save and battle hi mthe next day... and i remember the e4 trick so you could battle hi mas many times as you wanted in a day.

but its everyday or if you beat the e4 then you can battle him more then once per day.

I was wondering if there are Koffings in Sapphire Version or are there just Grimers? Or is it one of those things, where they are very, very rare?

Ok, im planning of trainig myself a cradily for the frontier battles, and i need suggestions on evs, natures and so on...

Cradily@???
Trait:Suction Cups
Nature:???
EVs:???
-Rock Slide
-Barrier
-Recover
-???

thanks in advance :)

I was wondering if there are Koffings in Sapphire Version or are there just Grimers? Or is it one of those things, where they are very, very rare?
Sapphire = Grimer are common while Koffing are rare.

Ruby = Koffing are common while Grimer are rare.
Ok, im planning of trainig myself a cradily for the frontier battles, and i need suggestions on evs, natures and so on...

Cradily@???
Trait:Suction Cups
Nature:???
EVs:???
-Rock Slide
-Barrier
-Recover
-???

thanks in advance :)
Cradily (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Not related to Netbattle or anything like that. It's PMD related, and I don't want to post a topic for it seeing as it can most likely be answered quickly, so...

Does anyone know what happens if you lose to Rayquaza in the story mode? Does the shooting star crash and destroy the world? (although I can bet not)

Carl* on Rare Candy in E said:
Have to use Pick Up or find them but seriously once you have one in Emerald you should be able to clone it as much as you like.
That's assuming you are okay with cloning. If you're not, check all your advance games. I found I had amassed a couple dozen of them. Then, a team of high level pickups (min 40+) while you're EV training will net you plenty more.

My question: is the PC item storage box on Emerald unlimited? I heard that it was, and the Ruby/Sapphire one certainly isn't (both bag and box full on my Ruby, real pain) but don't want to mass transfer then find I'm in the same situation.

ok lets say i just bought emerald and beat all eight gym leaders, and i want to start breeding pokemon for competative link battles.

Where do i start?

how do i get pokemon with multipul great ivs?

should i just catch a bunch of ditto and use them to breed with or breed them to use there offspring to breed?

what are the common natures ditto should have for breeding?

whats the everstone breeding trick?

thanks to everyone that helps.

ok lets say i just bought emerald and beat all eight gym leaders, and i want to start breeding pokemon for competative link battles.

Where do i start?
Catch the Pokemon you want to breed, and parents with Egg Moves.

how do i get pokemon with multipul great ivs?
Every time you breed a Pokemon, it inherits some IVs from it's parents. Keep breeding and you'll eventually get a Pokemon with great IVs.

should i just catch a bunch of ditto and use them to breed with or breed them to use there offspring to breed?
You should use Dittos after all the egg moves have been passed on. Dittos can be mass caught, and some have very good natures.

what are the common natures ditto should have for breeding?
Pretty much every nature but the neutral ones.

whats the everstone breeding trick?
The parent holding an Everstone has a 50% chance of passing on its nature. Useful if you want to breed, say, a Modest Bagon.
thanks to everyone that helps.

I have a question about Emerald Version:

I'm trying to get a good IV'ed Groudon ATM by soft-resetting. However, before I do it for too long, I want to know:

If I have say, an Adamant Ralts or Abra with the Synchronize Ability in front, will the Groudon be Adamant half the time (50%)? Some people tell me that that only works in D/P, but some say it works on Emerald. So can someone tell me if it will work in Emerald, because I really don't want to end up with a good Groudon with the wrong Nature.

Thank you!

If I mix records, battle the person in their secret base, then mix records again. Can I re-battle them in the same day in their secret base?

@Yoko: Synchronise doesn't work on 1-off pokemon in Emerald. You have to keep resetting for nature and IVs which is a pain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)