Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the correct section, but how do i calculate the accuracy of follwing situation: My Pokemon wears bright powder and the opponent is using Focus Blast?
Is it: 0,7*0,9 = 0,63 ?

In the 4th generation you could scale the level of Pokemon to level 100 to determine its IVs. Those battles' purpose was solely to find out the IVs.

Since Pokecheck it has become an unnecessary liability.

Okay stupid question and I'm sorry for double posting but I have to ask this.

If someone used the reveal mirror on a landurous that came from Black 1 does it get transformed?

Okay stupid question and I'm sorry for double posting but I have to ask this.

If someone used the reveal mirror on a landurous that came from Black 1 does it get transformed?
Yes the Reveal Glass can transform any Genie into their Therian Forme. In fact I'm RNGing a shiny Landorus right now for this purpose.

-PsyJ

LF a Eevee
Nickname Presea
IV's: 31 Speed 31 SpA
Nature: Timid
Ability: Anticipation
EV'd or UT: UT
Shiny/Not Shiny: Shiny
Moves/Hidden Power Type/Egg Moves: Hp Fire or Ice
Other info. I can Provide the female Dream world Eevee and will be Offering Shiny Naive Male Psyduck Shiny Flawless Timid Rotom and Mild Shiny Male Eevee not sure What IVs or on the Eevee and Psyduck.Will Trade all 3.

Hi guys, got another question.

I want to abuse my ID/SID in Soul Silver to catch a Shiny Zapdos. Following the on-site guide, it says to use Method 1 when searching for spreads; however, Zapdos is generated by Method K. Should I use Method 1 or Method K when searching for spreads to abuse my ID/SID for?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Search with Method K. Method H/J/K spreads are all a subset of Method 1, but H/J/K has less possible spreads than the full set of Method 1.

When someone is looking for a "flawless" Pokemon, does that mean that they want to see a hexa-flawless or a hepta-flawless mon? If you ask me, flawless is 31 in each stat but I don't exactly know Smogon's customs.

Thanks, Sir!

hexa
but competivitely, I believe most look for hepta unless its a mix pkmn or a physical pokemon that have a decent spatk stats, or if the pkmn is trick room
for example if a pokemon is -Atk and +some other stat

I know this thread says "Simple questions", but when I posted this as its own thread, I was redirected here.

I have a few questions concerning breeding that aren't 100% clear to me for whatever reason, and I'm hoping someone can spell it out for me.

1. I understand that power items pass on the IV's of the parent it is attached to, according to the item. However, some articles I've read suggest that if a power item is attached to both parents, only one of them is passed on? If this is the case, is it one of the stats with the band, or does it simple "increase the chances" if the desired IV to be passed down?

For instance, I'm trying to breed an Hidden Power Fire onto a child pokemon. The Mother has 30 Special Attack and 31 Special Defense. The Father has a 30 Speed and a 31 Special Defense. My theory is that, if I equip the mother with the SPATK Item and the Father with the Speed Item, then the only babies I should consider are ones with the desired nature and have a "Somewhat Vain" Characteristic. Since the Speed and SPATK are "guaranteed", the only stat "Somewhat Vain" could be is 31. Now, after that, I know that the Hidden Power could be Water, Fire, or Steel, and at that point, it would just be a matter of waiting, but my main question is: is all of this correct thinking, or am I missing something?

2. In previous generations, if the father's moveset changed such that your desired move would be forgotten, the children reflected this. I have noticed so far that, in this generation, that doesn't seem to be the case. It seems that the moves that the father learned at the time he was placed in the daycare stay until the father is taken out of the daycare. Can anyone confirm this? The only reason I ask is that I'm chain-breeding, and I can't simply get my move back with a Heart Scale. (I know I can use the offspring should I decide to take him out, but I'm just wondering)

Thanks to anyone who bothers to read all of this and give me a straight answer!

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
I know this thread says "Simple questions", but when I posted this as its own thread, I was redirected here.

I have a few questions concerning breeding that aren't 100% clear to me for whatever reason, and I'm hoping someone can spell it out for me.

1. I understand that power items pass on the IV's of the parent it is attached to, according to the item. However, some articles I've read suggest that if a power item is attached to both parents, only one of them is passed on? If this is the case, is it one of the stats with the band, or does it simple "increase the chances" if the desired IV to be passed down?

For instance, I'm trying to breed an Hidden Power Fire onto a child pokemon. The Mother has 30 Special Attack and 31 Special Defense. The Father has a 30 Speed and a 31 Special Defense. My theory is that, if I equip the mother with the SPATK Item and the Father with the Speed Item, then the only babies I should consider are ones with the desired nature and have a "Somewhat Vain" Characteristic. Since the Speed and SPATK are "guaranteed", the only stat "Somewhat Vain" could be is 31. Now, after that, I know that the Hidden Power could be Water, Fire, or Steel, and at that point, it would just be a matter of waiting, but my main question is: is all of this correct thinking, or am I missing something?

2. In previous generations, if the father's moveset changed such that your desired move would be forgotten, the children reflected this. I have noticed so far that, in this generation, that doesn't seem to be the case. It seems that the moves that the father learned at the time he was placed in the daycare stay until the father is taken out of the daycare. Can anyone confirm this? The only reason I ask is that I'm chain-breeding, and I can't simply get my move back with a Heart Scale. (I know I can use the offspring should I decide to take him out, but I'm just wondering)

Thanks to anyone who bothers to read all of this and give me a straight answer!
1) Using two Power items is not a good idea. You're much better off using an Everstone and one Power item, as nature is much more important to pass on. The game doesn't seem to like passing on IVs from different parents via Power items for some reason. Also, if you're breeding in a B/W2 cart, the Everstone works 100% of the time, while the mother's ability is passed on 80% of the time (60% for DW), unless a Ditto is involved.

2) In 5th generation the game remembers what movesets the parents had when you deposit them. Until you take them out the game will always use those moves, even if some of them are lost due to level-up.

1) Using two Power items is not a good idea. You're much better off using an Everstone and one Power item, as nature is much more important to pass on. The game doesn't seem to like passing on IVs from different parents via Power items for some reason. Also, if you're breeding in a B/W2 cart, the Everstone works 100% of the time, while the mother's ability is passed on 80% of the time (60% for DW), unless a Ditto is involved.
I understand that typically one parent with an everstone, and one parent with a Power Item is ideal. However, in the case of Hidden Power, IV's can mean the difference between a power 40 move and a power 65 move, even if they have the same type. Since I was lucky enough to procure 2 parents with ideal IVs for Speed, Special Defense, and Special Attack for a Fire Hidden Power, the idea is what I could determine everything I needed to know at level 1:
1:Provided that the Speed and Special Attack IVs were passed by both parents, the requirements for the fastest, most "power"-ful pokemon was obtained.
2: Given #1, if the child has a characteristic of "Somewhat Vain", that means that the all-important Special Defense IV has been met.
3: Keep all of the Modest pokemon with the Characteristic of #2
4: If conditions for #2 and #3 have been met, check the Hidden Power. If Fire, check other stats. If acceptable, then keep.

The idea is, instead of checking a bunch of Modest pokemon, I'd rather just be able to know what's going on at level 1. While getting a specific nature occurs less often than the transfer of stats from a parent, I think it saves a bit more time to simply do things that way, instead of having to check every child for hidden power and stats. Of course, this philosophy means nothing if the Power Items don't work in the way that I'm suggesting. If they only pass one of the two equipped stats, then obviously I'd switch to the Everstone on one of them, as they are both the nature I'm looking for. (I went on a HUGE catching spree using Synchronize and Trace in tandem to get hundreds of pokemon in the wild specifically for this)

Oh, and thank you for clearing up the father's moveset question. It helps me out a bit, logistically.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Using two Power items doesn't guarantee both IVs will be passed down. Often, only one will be passed down, and you've wasted an item slot on the parent. Using an Everstone and a Power item is the best way to do it.

Hello, could someone please trade me a Landorus Therian that they used to get the reflecting mirror?
I have tried with appropriate Dream Radar Landorus from Pokecheck, and they are not working :( So I would appreciate if someone could send me their own.

If needed, I can AR clone and return. Thank you very much :)

EDIT: Never mind, appqrently it doesnt work unless it has your own trainer ID and name. Oh well.

As far as I know, the Therian formes cannot be traded (they can only be traded in their Genie formes). So you'll have to catch them on your Dream Radar to unlock the mirror.

Would getting a loan of a Shaymin to complete my Pokedex be considered simple? I don't want to keep it, I can just get one off the GTS later or something if I wanted my own. It's the only one I need now to complete my National dex

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
nop. YOu can still find it by uploading the pokemon ( or any for that matter) to pokecheck.com or use an AR

Looking for a few things:

dream world females for breeding with 2-3 31 iv's
Shiny hp fire 70 latios and latias

Can offer stuff from my old trade thread or i have stuff not in my thread. If your able to help with any of these send me a VM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)