Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 37 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LF: Timid Unburden female treeko with some egg moves. Spitback is fine with me.

Willing to trade a shiny for it from my thread,

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
thanks a lot for the help ! I think ill get it so I can clone pokemon and have a back up in case my cartridge breaks. Is RNG used with AR or power save also or is that something else ?
It's completely different. You use RNG Reporter or PPRNG to RNG. Basically, 4th and 5th Gen games use a Pseudo-Random Number Generator whose starting seed is based off of the DS's clock. So by changing the time, you can change what the starting seed is and by extension, what IVs, nature, gender and ability you get

It's completely different. You use RNG Reporter or PPRNG to RNG. Basically, 4th and 5th Gen games use a Pseudo-Random Number Generator whose starting seed is based off of the DS's clock. So by changing the time, you can change what the starting seed is and by extension, what IVs, nature, gender and ability you get
I know I didn't actually ask the first question but I'm just curious, can you not RNG in 6th Gen because the numbers are legitimately random now?

Would it be dumb to invest 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA on an assault vest goodra for a dual full tank? Dunno if it's viable so thought I'd ask for opinions. Calm natured Btw.
I really wish Goodra had any kind of recovery, but yeah, you really want that offensive investment to enable it to hit stuff rather than tank a bunch of stuff it can't heal from.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Repost for new page:
***Tatertot's Bizzare Bazaar Bicentennial Blowout!***

GIVEAWAY

Hey everyone! I just recently added the 200th Breedable Pokemon to my thread, so I'm hosting a massive giveaway in celebration! All the Pokemon below are 100% free, and have 5 perfect IVs. Please only 1 per customer, and POST ON MY PROFILE WITH YOUR FRIEND CODE if you want one. Any replies on this thread or through PM will be ignored.

Again, these are completely free! However, if you feel like sending me something small in return, like a Heart Scale, or nifty spitback, then I wouldn't say no :)

All Pokemon being offered below are male, so please don't ask for females! The number I have to give away is noted next to the Pokemon's ability.

#142 Aerodactyl | Nature: Jolly | Ability: Rock Head (2) | IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31 | Egg Moves: Roost

#142 Aerodactyl | Nature: Adamant | Ability: Pressure (6) / Rock Head (1) | IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31 | Egg Moves: Roost

#345 Lileep | Nature: Bold | Ability: Storm Drain (5) | IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31 | Egg Moves: Recover, Stealth Rock, Curse, Mirror Coat

#347 Anorith | Nature: Adamant | Ability: Swift Swim (4) / Battle Armor (1) | IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31 | Egg Moves: Rapid Spin, Aqua Jet, Knock Off, Cross Poison

#138 Omanyte | Nature: Modest | Ability: Swift Swim (3) / Shell Armor (2) | IVs: 31/xx/31/31/31/31 | Egg Moves: Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Water Pulse

#004 Charmander Y | Nature: Naive | Ability: Solar Power (3) / Blaze (3) | IVs: 31/31/31/31/xx/31 | Egg Moves: Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse

#239 Elekid | Nature: Adamant | Ability: Static (11) | IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31 | Egg Moves: Ice Punch, Cross Chop, Fire Punch, Dynamic Punch

Giveaway time!!! I have to clear out some boxes and have a bunch of pokes to give out! I don't want anything in return, but heartscales/pp up would be appreciated (especially for 12.5% females).

PM ME - All profile posts and replies will be ignored!

Adamant Torrent Mudkip w/ Avalanche
(F) 31/31/X/31/31/X
(F, M) X/31/31/31/31/31 (apparently the female doesn't have Avalanche. Will give a male which I have extras of in addition to this female)
(F, 4xM) 31/31/31/31/31/X
(F) 31/X/31/31/X/31
(F, 4xM) 31/X/31/31/31/31
(2xM) 31/31/31/31/X/31

Modest Drought Vulpix w/ Hypnosis
(2xM) 31/31/31/X/31/31
(M) 31/31/31/31/X/31
(M) 31/31/X/31/31/31

Modest Flash Fire Vulpix w/ Hypnosis
(F) 31/x/31/31/31/31
Calm Swift Swim Poliwag
(F) 31/31/31/31/31/X
(F, M) X/31/31/31/31/31
(M) 31/31/X/31/31/31

Adamant Huge Power Marill w/ Aqua Jet & Belly Drum
(F) X/31/X/31/31/31
Adamant Thick Fat Marill w/ Aqua Jet & Belly Drum
(M) 31/31/31/31/31/x
(M) 31/x/31/x/31/31

Timid Blaze Charmander w/ Dragon Pulse
(F) 31/31/31/31/31/x
(F) 31/31/x/x/31/31
(M) 31/31/31/31/x/31
(M) 31/31/31/31/x/x
(M) 31/31/x/31/x/31

PM ME - All profile posts and replies will be ignored!
Reposting for new page

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
I know I didn't actually ask the first question but I'm just curious, can you not RNG in 6th Gen because the numbers are legitimately random now?
I don't think so, the reason it can't be RNGed is because it uses an AES generator. Basically, the method that XY uses to generate random numbers is encrypted

The problem with 6th gen RNG abuse isn't that the numbers are truly random (as far as I know, technology can't produce true random numbers), rather that the security of the 3DS has not been breached yet (or maybe ever, I dunno). I'm sure someone like Agonist or TheMantyke could clarify it for you, seeing as I'm not a heavy RNG abuser/researcher.

EDIT:
damn these Greninja's

After hatching my competitive Pacham, along with a somewhat viable shiny one, I'm going to be giving away my remaining 5IV spitbacks!
They will all come in a Dusk Ball, are Adamant, and are nicknamed "Pandamonium" and have four egg moves: Quick Guard, Foul Play, Storm Throw, and Me First. This giveaway will run until either all are gone or interest fades. First come, first served!

x1 M|Iron Fist|x/31/31/31/31/31
x3 M|Mold Breaker|x/31/31/31/31/31
x2 M|Scrappy|x/31/31/31/31/31
x1 M|Iron Fist|31/x/31/31/31/31
x1 M|Mold Breaker|31/x/31/31/31/31
x1 M|Scrappy|31/x/31/31/31/31
x1 M|Iron Fist|31/31/31/31/31/x

x3 F|Scrappy|x/31/31/31/31/31 *Note that one of these is Lvl 34 - used solely for breeding. It has no EVS and all egg moves can be relearned
x1 F|Scrappy|31/x/31/31/31/31
x1 F|Mold Breaker|31/31/x/31/31/31
x1 F|Scrappy|31/31/x/31/31/31
x1 F|Scrappy|31/31/31/31/x/31
x1 F|Mold Breaker|31/31/31/31/31/x
x1 F|Scrappy|31/31/31/31/31/x

ONLY PM/VM me if you are interested, as in accordance with the rules. Do NOT ask for one on this thread!

This is a giveaway, so you do not have to trade me anything of value. However, 4IV+ 'mons and/or special ball females are always appreciated :)
Reposting, after being busy/lazy for the last few days.

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
The problem with 6th gen RNG abuse isn't that the numbers are truly random (as far as I know, technology can't produce true random numbers), rather that the security of the 3DS has not been breached yet (or maybe ever, I dunno). I'm sure someone like Agonist or TheMantyke could clarify it for you, seeing as I'm not a heavy RNG abuser/researcher.

EDIT:
damn these Greninja's

Reposting, after being busy/lazy for the last few days.
Technology can generate random numbers it's just more expensive and time consuming than PRNG and it requires a truly random natural phenomenon such as radioactive decay.

Anyone interested in male Chlorophyll Bulbasaur spitbacks? They're inside Nest Balls and have Giga Drain and Grassy Terrain as egg moves. I'm trying to get a female and I'm having the worst luck right now... they'll most likely have terrible IV's as well since I'm using a 2 IV Ivysaur for breeding.

Edit: Leave a message on my profile if you want one, plenty to go around :]

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's not possible to actually create a true random number generator, which is why the correct term for RNG abuse is PRNG abuse (pseudo-random number generator abuse), however most people just shorten it to RNG abuse. Anyway, the reason we can't do RNG abuse yet in Gen VI in a combination of problems, for example, the way the game is seeded, and the fact we don't actually know how the RNG works (or at least, if it's known, it hasn't really been shared).

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
LF: Timid Unburden female treeko with some egg moves. Spitback is fine with me.

Willing to trade a shiny for it from my thread,
I have that treecko, and it has 4 egg moves. It'll have 3IVs at 31, cuz I was HP breeding. Could I please get that torchic on your thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)