Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 37 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Jeez that's a huge post gonna do my best so gengar I run substitute gengar in my opinion is really good with substitute and also should have sludge wave shadow ball and if you want it to fit your description of troll use destiny bondXD and this set works...your team is also very weak to earthquake and adding mega lucario makes things worse...also you should consider then a pokemon that resists earthquake and can deal with ground and mega gyarados so yeah that's a problem...your also weak to water if you wan you can pm me and I'll look a little more thoroughly into your team but those are a couple things I noticed right off the bat
Gengar can't have Sludge Wave in VGC

Why don't you breed flawless versions of your Pokemon? I'm not even sure if Zygarde is VGC legal, but if it is, there's no point in using it when you have a speed boosting nature and a 0 speed IV. Land's Wrath is terrible. Hazards are also nearly non existent in VGC, so a spinner seems unnecessary. A special Lucario with Power Up Punch is not smart. Physical Lucario with Power Up Punch is also not smart. Dream Eater is a bad move. There are quite a few improvements you could make with Pokemon and item choice as well. Hopefully I don't seem too harsh, just my opinions.
To you and the other two:
All true points. But since a lot of people don't tend to enter the VGCs with EV Trained Pokemon, and instead spam all the Legendaries they can legally, I just want to do this for fun (or at least they did or that was just my luck in Gen V). I don't even care about winning yet just laughts. I want to see what I encounter then make a team for the next on that is perfect. Also I ran out of time, it took me 3 weeks to get Gengar, 3 more for Delphox, and 1 for Lucario, and I only got a 5 IV Ditto when i was working on breeding Delphox I think, and that still took for ever. So to answer the breeding question in brief TIME. For me this is a beta test to determine what Strategies I see most often, and then counter them in unique ways that works that no one sees coming. But since Rapid Spin MIGHT not be needed, I'll Dark Pulse back in. And the Dream Eater Hypnosis Combo is my personal favorite combo for Mega Gengar, However I might teach it Toxic/Venoshock in place of those two. See if I can get it to learn Destiny Bond, and Keep Shadow Ball.
But based on the comments I saw as of writing: I've determined this so far:
Blastiose nix Rapid Spin for Dark Pulse
Gengar with above changes
Ferrothorn unchanged
Zygarde for Gimmicky Fun
Delphox unchanged
And now I just need to pick between Zapdos and Hydregion. Also despite all my attmepts I can't make that hide message trick work. So sorry if they are long statements.

Everything you said is right and zygarde is vgc legal as well as xerneus yveltal and mewtwo x and y which really sucks and relating what he said about lucario get ride of metal claw try running this special set...
Dragon pulse
Aura sphere
Flash cannon
And physic or dark pulse your choice
Lucario has no use for Dragon Pulse or Psychic. Upon further research, Zygarde, Yveltal, Xerneas, and Mewtwo are all banned, at least according to NuggetBridge.

Anyone have a Gothitelle with Trick? Please PM me if so.

Edit:
Apricorn Ball for this?

Last edited:
I want some opinions on my VGC Team Please. Confirmed for the run I have:

Blastiose/Mega Blastoise my Rapid Spinner and Primary Mega Evo Tank. Modest Nature 31/x/31/31/x/x Water Pulse/Dragon Pulse/Aura Sphere/Rapid Spin @Blastiosenite
Zygarde Kinda Gimmicky I guess but I want to try it. Naive Nature x/31/x/31/31/0 Crunch/Land's Wrath/Camouflage/Dragon Pulse. I'm looking for Movepool/Item Suggestions here, But I'm wanting to keep Land's Wrath.
Ferrothron Trolly Set Up Physical Wall and Stealth Rocker. Relaxed 31/31/31/x/x/0 Power Whip/Stealth Rock/Leach Seed/ Gyro Ball @ Rocky Helmet
Delphox Special Attacker to Deal with Steel/Poison Types. Timid Nature 31/x/31/31/31/31 Flamethrower/Mystical Fire/Willo-Wisp/Physic @ Charcoal

Haven't Decided on these and want some opinions. I try to Run Two Mega Evos for Versatility and I can't pick between:
Special Sweeper OP Lucario. Timid Nature 31/x/31/31/31/31 Aura Sphere/Flash Cannon/Power-Up Punch/Metal Claw

OR

Gengar Just an OP Troll Poke you could say. Timid Nature 31/x/31/31/31/31 Shadow Ball/Sludge Bomb/Hypnosis/Dream Eater

For my final I want to pick either my wall Krookodile (Impish Leftovers Crunch/Earthquake/Toxic/Tuant 31/31/31/31/31/x, Slyveon (Quiet Pixilate @ Leftovers Moonblast/Draining Kiss/Hyper Beam/Calm Mind x/31/x/31/x/x), Hydregion (Modest x/x/31/31/31/31 Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse/Flash Cannon/Dark Pulse @ Roselia Berry) or my Zapdos (Brave 31/x/31/31/x/31 Thunder/Fly/Roost/Thunderbolt @Yache Berry). What do you guys think?
I would also like to add my input.

Mega Blastoise should be running Dark Pulse instead of Dragon Pulse. Not only is it stronger, but it hits more Pokemon super-effectively, not to mention hits more Pokemon in general for at least neutral damage. Aura Sphere is fine, but you should consider possibly running Ice Beam in its place to deal with Grass types as well as Dragons and others. It's n option though, down to preference.

Zygarde.....for a VGC team, running a Pokemon that you admit is gimmicky because you "want to try it" is odd...but hey, to each his own favorites. In any case, Land's Wrath may be Zygarde's signature move, but it's completely inferior to Earthquake, so be aware of that. If Zygarde is gonna be going mixed, then give it a Life Orb. But personally, I would suggest forgoing Dragon Pulse and giving it Outrage for a solid Physical set, so you can focus more EVs into a single stat. Camouflage...not sure if you have a plan for that or if it's another gimmick, but if it's the latter, I suggest replacing it with Dragon Dance or Coil. On any Pokemon designed to KO others, changing your own type will always cripple you more than help you.

Ferrothorn...I would suggest replacing Leech Seed with Curse, and taking off Rocky Helmet and giving it Leftovers. It may seem like he's losing power, but really, Iron barbs will be bad enough for the opponent without hampering yourself. Rocky Helmet will just further discourage physical attacks, the only attacks Ferrothorn is really strong against. Leftovers increases survivability. That removes the need for Leech Seed, and in it's place you can give it Curse. On Ferrothorn, a single Curse will make Power Whip deadly, and increase Gyro Ball's power exponentially.

Delphox.....I got nothing. Never paid much attention to that thing.

And picking two Mega Evolutions on the same team is a bad idea. You're wasting an item slot that could potentially go towards something much more useful. Yes, you lose the choice between Mega Evolutions, but that is small compared to the downsides of having multiple in your team. You can still keep a Mega-Evolution POTENTIAL Pokemon in your team, though. I find that this throws off the opponent, as they don't know for certain which Pokemon will be Mega Evolving.

Lucario has no use for Dragon Pulse or Psychic. Upon further research, Zygarde, Yveltal, Xerneas, and Mewtwo are all banned, at least according to NuggetBridge.

Anyone have a Gothitelle with Trick? Please PM me if so.
Ohh wait I'm thinking if the global link tourny facepalm and I like dragon pulse simply because it's good coverage against dragon types but then again I would understand why you would not want that

Would you happen to have an HA Omanyte/Omastar of any type, or a Bunneary/Medicham that knows Ice Punch? I could trade you my Timid male 5iv Eevee to keep.
I would give you one if I had it. I just need any old eevee male or ditto to pass down a nature.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
I want some opinions on my VGC Team Please. Confirmed for the run I have:

Blastiose/Mega Blastoise my Rapid Spinner and Primary Mega Evo Tank. Modest Nature 31/x/31/31/x/x Water Pulse/Dragon Pulse/Aura Sphere/Rapid Spin @Blastiosenite
Zygarde Kinda Gimmicky I guess but I want to try it. Naive Nature x/31/x/31/31/0 Crunch/Land's Wrath/Camouflage/Dragon Pulse. I'm looking for Movepool/Item Suggestions here, But I'm wanting to keep Land's Wrath.
Ferrothron Trolly Set Up Physical Wall and Stealth Rocker. Relaxed 31/31/31/x/x/0 Power Whip/Stealth Rock/Leach Seed/ Gyro Ball @ Rocky Helmet
Delphox Special Attacker to Deal with Steel/Poison Types. Timid Nature 31/x/31/31/31/31 Flamethrower/Mystical Fire/Willo-Wisp/Physic @ Charcoal

Haven't Decided on these and want some opinions. I try to Run Two Mega Evos for Versatility and I can't pick between:
Special Sweeper OP Lucario. Timid Nature 31/x/31/31/31/31 Aura Sphere/Flash Cannon/Power-Up Punch/Metal Claw

OR

Gengar Just an OP Troll Poke you could say. Timid Nature 31/x/31/31/31/31 Shadow Ball/Sludge Bomb/Hypnosis/Dream Eater

For my final I want to pick either my wall Krookodile (Impish Leftovers Crunch/Earthquake/Toxic/Tuant 31/31/31/31/31/x, Slyveon (Quiet Pixilate @ Leftovers Moonblast/Draining Kiss/Hyper Beam/Calm Mind x/31/x/31/x/x), Hydregion (Modest x/x/31/31/31/31 Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse/Flash Cannon/Dark Pulse @ Roselia Berry) or my Zapdos (Brave 31/x/31/31/x/31 Thunder/Fly/Roost/Thunderbolt @Yache Berry). What do you guys think?
Sorry, but this team needs a lot of changes.

Blastoise: replace Rapid Spin with Dark Pulse, hazards aren't used in doubles

Zygarde: Replace with Garchomp

Ferrothorn: replace Stealth Rock with something

Delphox: Replace with Chandulure or Talonflame

Lucario: Don't use metal claw or Power Up Punch. Replace them with dark pulse/Dragon Pulse/Vacuum Wave and protect

Gengar: Replace Dream Eater and Hypnosis with something else like Protect, Focus Blast or Thunderbolt

I'll add more later

Last edited:
Still looking for a HA Omanyte/Omastar or a Medicham/Buneary that knows Ice Punch, need them ASAP for training for the April Friendly tomorrow.

New page: looking for a timid male eevee or timid ditto for a nature breed. Do not need special ivs or anything. I could even return the poke after i breed one.
I have extra 5iv male timid Eevee spitback and an extra timid ditto from Friend Safari. Post on my profile if you still need it.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Was the Tickle Wynaut event RNG-able? If so, could anyone here point me towards someone who did so and is willing to trade one/a clone of one away?
Nope, any Tickle Wynaut is pretty much guaranteed to have shit IVs and a bad nature.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Was the Tickle Wynaut event RNG-able? If so, could anyone here point me towards someone who did so and is willing to trade one/a clone of one away?
No, plus very few people have 3rd Gen events. Even IF you found found a legit, it probably wouldn't have good IVs. Plus, even fewer of them would be willing to trade it. I know that I'm unwilling to part with any of mine

The only 3rd gen events that were RNGable were the ones that appeared as stationaries with an event Item (Lati@s, Deoxys, Mew), the "go to place and recieve a Pokemon" events weren't even SRable.

I just found out that swagger is banned from OU. Is this true? Why is it banned? I wish I knew this sooner because I've gotten plenty of battles via smogon where people used swagger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)