Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 38 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of slowbro... Is mixed wall slowbro viable if I throw an assault vest on him and just rely on regenerator for healing? Or am I dumb in thinking assault vest is better than eviolite :p
Edit Ok so yeah turns out I'm dumb since he doesn't benefit from eviolite. But my original query still stands.

Last edited:
Speaking of slowbro... Is mixed wall slowbro viable if I throw an assault vest on him and just rely on regenerator for healing? Or am I dumb in thinking assault vest is better than eviolite :p
Does Eviolite even work on Slowbro? It's one of Slowpoke's "final forms", and can't be evolved into Slowking.

Speaking of slowbro... Is mixed wall slowbro viable if I throw an assault vest on him and just rely on regenerator for healing? Or am I dumb :p
pure theorymon, it can go either way.

on the one hand, it can still burn with scald and has great coverage options

on the other hand, it's got good support moves like yawn, thunder wave, additional self-healing with slack off, in doubles it gets heal pulse (obv not a factor in singles) that you won't be able to use anymore.

that said, in gen V there was a specs set, so you'd be trading power for flexibility and more defenses

Does Eviolite even work on Slowbro? It's one of Slowpoke's "final forms", and can't be evolved into Slowking.
no.

eviolite only checks to see if the pokemon can evolve, not what else is in the evolutionary line.
so for example, AZ's floette is a completely different floette that can't evolve, no eviolite boost

Yeah I I had already edited my previous post. He doesn't get a boost from eviolite.
pure theorymon, it can go either way.

on the one hand, it can still burn with scald and has great coverage options

on the other hand, it's got good support moves like yawn, thunder wave, additional self-healing with slack off, in doubles it gets heal pulse (obv not a factor in singles) that you won't be able to use anymore.

that said, in gen V there was a specs set, so you'd be trading power for flexibility and more defenses

no.

eviolite only checks to see if the pokemon can evolve, not what else is in the evolutionary line.
so for example, AZ's floette is a completely different floette that can't evolve, no eviolite boost
Hm so I could use it like a tangrowth? Maybe throw in cleric support and he could spread burn with Scald, tank like a boss, switch out and get healthy from regenerator.

No, only on Slowpoke. Otherwise, Eviolite Slowbro would just be way too much fun. :P
And no on Gallade. If it cannot evolve it does not get Eviolite boost. Ditto, Farfetch'd, Hitmontop, etc.

Megazammy only outruns a handful more, and the Status / residual immune is pretty useful plus the ability to run another Mega is good. imo :3
Trick Room, I never used, I just use some anti-TR mons like Aegislash, Aromatisse, and Rhydon, so can't say much. I don't abuse it, I just try to cover it.

Trick Room, I never used, I just use some anti-TR mons like Aegislash, Aromatisse, and Rhydon, so can't say much. I don't abuse it, I just try to cover it.
Which is why Escavalier is so important for the team, he's literally the slowest pokemon, and the only pokemon that can match him or outspeed him through TR is Ferrothorn, who can be broken down since Gyro Ball would become completely useless. It makes me happy, his design is really cool but he's all but useless because of his poor stats. Suddenly he becomes a force to be reckoned with because of Trick Room, coverage galore, no pesky Venusaurs putting him to sleep, and a great typing

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
So why has a Diancie event been announced for Japan but nowhere else? It seems like Gamefreak really hates NA this gen

So my game was stolen far into end game, so I re-purchased it and I'm currently heading towards the 7th gym. Anyone want to trade me a 'mon to help me power through the game? Preferably something strong against the elite four. I can control up to level 70, but anything is fine since it'll level fast when traded.
I'll also give it back after if you want.

So my game was stolen far into end game, so I re-purchased it and I'm currently heading towards the 7th gym. Anyone want to trade me a 'mon to help me power through the game? Preferably something strong against the elite four. I can control up to level 70, but anything is fine since it'll level fast when traded.
I can get you something, pm me:)

Which is why Escavalier is so important for the team, he's literally the slowest pokemon, and the only pokemon that can match him or outspeed him through TR is Ferrothorn, who can be broken down since Gyro Ball would become completely useless. It makes me happy, his design is really cool but he's all but useless because of his poor stats. Suddenly he becomes a force to be reckoned with because of Trick Room, coverage galore, no pesky Venusaurs putting him to sleep, and a great typing
AV esca is really legit this gen, trick room or not

So why has a Diancie event been announced for Japan but nowhere else? It seems like Gamefreak really hates NA this gen
since forever ;~;
there have been additional japanese-only events outside of torchic as well (like the birthday eeveelutions)

Ill give you something just pm what you need

k.

Alakazam @ Flame Orb (Magic Guard, obvs)
Timid, 4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed

- Psychic
- Protect
- Encore
- Disable

Hard to explain, but as a lead it just dickbaggishly (yes I just pulled this out of my ass and called it a word) forces the opponent to Struggle to death by Encoring a Disabled move, or locks it into Protect or some other free setup bait. ALWAYS Protect on Turn 1, troll to death turn 2+. The AI is fairly stupid; it'll consistently use the same attack twice. ie, if it tries to Night Slash you Turn 1, it'll do it again on Turn 2, which means its just a free Disable -> Encore -> lol Struggle. If you do Protect -> Disable -> Encore, the next two turns are both Struggle. You can get 2 free Psychics if desired while foe loses 50% HP in recoil, switch to a setup sweeper, whatevs. Struggle is only a threat from strong, physical Pokémon like Rampardos. Funny enough, Zammy can actually tank a few Struggles. Flame Orb is to stop Paralysis/Sleep/Toxic and turn it into free hits with Psychic. No joke, this is the main killing machine.
If your foe is faster (Aerodactyl, Greninja, Noivern, Weavile, etc), run like hell. However, Scarf Pokémon (Mr. Mime, Manectric) are instantly crippled by Disable and usually fail to KO. Hilarious, and almost always Scarfed.
If they use Trick Room, shit your pants and get Khan out there.
If you see Spiritomb, it can't do a damn thing so just Protect and Struggle it.
If you see Priority, it will kill you if you don't Disable immediately.
If they use Phantom Force, switch to Khan. Protect DOES NOT block it.

MegaKhan (Its the AI, we're not being merciful)
Adamant, 180 HP, 252 Atk, 76 Speed

- Return
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch / Power Up Punch / Hammer Arm
- Sucker Punch

Unfortunately, I have at least 4 different Kangaskhan with different EVs, so I have no idea if that's actually what I ran >_>
HOWEVER, a tankish spread is vital, as you're largely spamming priority against Trick Room and sponging hits on the way in. Drain Punch is a Bank exclusive, so use Hammer Arm or Power-Up Punch if that's not available.
Khan is pretty simple; Fake Out first, smash second, avoid strong Fighting types and Ghosts. Opponent has Will-o-Miss? Zammy adores a free switch in on something harmless to Encore.

Salamence @ Life Orb (Intimidate, I reccommend Moxie)
Adamant, 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed

- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Don't use this, it failed to OHKO so much shit it's sad AND ended my streak at 95.
If you can, use Outrage (Bank exclusive), Dragon Claw means everyone and their mom survives with 1-10% HP and OHKO's you. Not entirely sure what to use here.
Dragon + Ground is obviously good coverage, Stone Edge is purely for Togekiss. Things like Skarmory, Alakazam tears apart. Thanks to Alakazam, you get a giggle on the switch in, plus a free Dragon Dance.
EVs look obvious, but thanks to DD you outspeed all non-Scarf Pokémon and max Attack for max disappointment when you fail a KO. The HP lets you survive 10 turns of Life Orb (171 HP at 50).
Beyond that, it's here to provide a good Fighting resist for Khan (Don't switch Zammy into attacks. Ever).

What to fix here:
1. I only need to outrun +130's after a single boost really, AI has no Megas and Accelgor / Electrode really aren't scary.
2. Perfect coverage, or close.
3. Fighting resist.
4. The ability to OHKO a Samurott. Or take a hit.
5. Special sweeper is probably best; Khan does good physically and two Pokémon fucked by Ferrothorn is why I lost. It kind of ignored the Encore/Disable and killed Alakazam.
6. Potent in 1 turn of setup. Its usually all you get.

I was thinking Volcarona? Fire/Bug/Psychic is only walled by Heatran.

If this is the wrong place / subject, I can drop this, no questions asked.
you pulled dickbaggishly out of your ass?
...just sayin >_<
Yeah I I had already edited my previous post. He doesn't get a boost from eviolite.

Hm so I could use it like a tangrowth? Maybe throw in cleric support and he could spread burn with Scald, tank like a boss, switch out and get healthy from regenerator.
I use AV Slowbro and LOOOOVE it...it's such a tank, and the coverage it gets is just so good..it does miss slack off, but if you have t wave support, it's a killer.

Also, this is my 999th post..i'll be posting my 1000th post giveaway in my thread to avoid people replying on it for three weeks after it's ended in this thread...mostly because I love Agonist SO much :) Also....
Nibb High Football RULES!

Edit: 1000 post....yaaaaay

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i think dragonair was a thing in NU once upon a time. i mean ingame, at least, anything's useful
i also agree that shiny dragonite is awful-looking with that ball and awful-looking in general >:(
Pretty much all of the middle stages for the Dragon-pseudo legends are usable in NU, since there aren't really many dragons in that tier. Set last gen was Dragon Dance/Outrage/Sleep Talk/Rest @ Eviolite, or some weird offensive set that absolutely fucking sucked.

Vic is good at that. :p

I use AV Slowbro and LOOOOVE it...it's such a tank, and the coverage it gets is just so good..it does miss slack off, but if you have t wave support, it's a killer.

Also, this is my 999th post..i'll be posting my 1000th post giveaway in my thread to avoid people replying on it for three weeks after it's ended in this thread...mostly because I love Agonist SO much :) Also....
Nibb High Football RULES!

Edit: 1000 post....yaaaaay
Oh sweet. Glad somebody see uses it :) What ev spread and nature do you use?

...just sayin >_<

Yesh I did. In public to boot.
And why did I not think of that, so trying one. Slowbro is just so cute.

Oh sweet. Glad somebody see uses it :) What ev spread and nature do you use?
Bold max hp 36 or 40 sp def (depending on level) rest in def..im not terribly sure of the purposes but ajwf posted the set early on in xy in an rmt and I ran with it
Looking for a female chlorophyll bulbasuar in a nest ball, IV's don't matter.

CMT if you have a spare
Also I can still do this for you..sorry! Let me just get a shower and ill come on

I feel like I should make a trade thread just to make trading easier and maintain a good formatting for the people I want to trade with. I don't know if I have enough to justify making one though (roughly two boxes of breedables with fancy balls and only two shinies). Ill also need help with formatting options im sure I can find those tools around the forums but I wouldn't mind a quick link here.

Finally is there any criteria for starting a trade thread? I imagine for somebody like myself it would be better to link up with someone.

Last edited:
I feel like I should make a trade thread just to make trading easier and maintain a good formatting for the people I want to trade with. I don't know if I have enough to justify making one though (roughly two boxes of breedables with fancy balls and only two shinies). Ill also need help with formatting options im sure I can find those tools around the forums but I wouldn't mind a quick link here.

Finally is there any criteria for starting a trade thread? I imagine for somebody like myself it would be better to link up with someone.
I started with 3 pokemons in a pokeballs (pre-bank). Yeah :)

I would also be interested in seeing a link to formatting codes.. I need to reformat mine soon.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I would also be interested in seeing a link to formatting codes.. I need to reformat mine soon.
If you want to use mine, it looks like this:

[IMG]http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/xy/sprites/animados-shiny/porygon2.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/sprites/diveball.png[/IMG]
([B]#233 - Porygon[/B])
[B]OT: [/B]Agonist (X, 06933)
[B]Nature:[/B] Modest - [B]Ability:[/B] Trace - [B]Location:[/B] -
[B]IVs:[/B] 31 - 0 - 31 - 31 - 31 - 31 - [b]Hidden Power:[/b] Dragon (60)
[B]Moves: -[/B]
Egg moves will be [I]italicized[/I], and other special moves will be [B]bolded[/B].

or

(#233 - Porygon)
OT: Agonist (X, 06933)
Nature: Modest - Ability: Trace - Location: -
IVs: 31 - 0 - 31 - 31 - 31 - 31 - Hidden Power: Dragon (60)
Moves: -
Egg moves will be italicized, and other special moves will be bolded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)