Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 39 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you give for it I can buy one but since I suck at bm Im not giving it for free because my record is 27 and it wil never get higer
Well anything in my thread would be a go. If you want you could send it to me and I could clone it and give it back if that works for you

I need some advice. I want to breed a Tyrunt with egg moves for my trade thread. Which combination of 4 of these 5 egg moves would be best for him?
Poison Fang
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Dragon Dance
Fire Fang

I need some advice. I want to breed a Tyrunt with egg moves for my trade thread. Which combination of 4 of these 5 egg moves would be best for him?
Poison Fang
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Dragon Dance
Fire Fang
Ice Fang/Thunder Fang/D Dance. Ice Fang/Thunderfang have that great coverage

Poison Fang
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Dragon Dance
Fire Fang
I say dragon dance and the elemental fangs. Poison fang is not that great of a move, even with strong jaw :3

can someone please tell me how they get so many shinies I have over 3000 eggs with the masuda method and shiny charm and got none.

yet I see a lot of people here who have dozens

can someone please tell me how they get so many shinies I have over 3000 eggs with the masuda method and shiny charm and got none.

yet I see a lot of people here who have dozens
TSV hatching ;]. Basically, everyone has a TSV (mine is 1836). Each egg that is generated from the daycare has it's own egg shiny value. If you have an egg shiny value that matches a TSV (trainer shiny value), then you can have that person hatch it and it will be shiny 100% of the time :]

Last edited:
TSV hatching ;]. Basically, everyone has a TSV (mine is 1836). Each egg that is generated from the daycare has it's own egg shiny value. If you have an egg shiny value that matches a TSV (trainer shiny value), then you can have that person hatch it and it will be shiny 100% of the time :]
I thought nintendo made that impossible already

still its a prety lame way to get shinies if shinies dont have my ot they have no value at all to me

I thought nintendo made that impossible already

still its a prety lame way to get shinies if shinies dont have my ot they have no value at all to me
make sense, but other people spent countless time to bred the eggs , and spent countless time finding a match, and spent countless time getting it hatch .

Some people have different opinion on shiny. i hatched 3500+ eggs too and only have 2 eggs that match my tsv ( a 4 iv chansey, and a 2 iv torchic) - in 5 months
with tsv method i have about 25+ - in just a month

make sense, but other people spent countless time to bred the eggs , and spent countless time finding a match, and spent countless time getting it hatch .

Some people have different opinion on shiny. i hatched 3500+ eggs too and only have 2 eggs that match my tsv ( a 4 iv chansey, and a 2 iv torchic) - in 5 months
with tsv method i have about 25+ - in just a month
im sure there is more to it then that because if it works the same way for youre own eggs how can the odds increase by things like shiny charm? to increase the ods youshould be able to hatch more then 1 value to a shiny yourself

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
im sure there is more to it then that because if it works the same way for youre own eggs how can the odds increase by things like shiny charm? to increase the ods youshould be able to hatch more then 1 value to a shiny yourself
The game (most likely) re-rolls the egg's SV a few times and stops if it finds a match for your own—if it doesn't, then it stops on a non-shiny one.
Means each individual egg has a few chances to hatch shiny on your save. It can't make more than one value hatch shiny on your save.

The game (most likely) re-rolls the egg's SV a few times and stops if it finds a match for your own—if it doesn't, then it stops on a non-shiny one.
Means each individual egg has a few chances to hatch shiny on your save. It can't make more than one value hatch shiny on your save.
that would mean that as soon as you trade the egg the massuda method and shiny charm doesnt matter anymore which in a way would be a downgrade at least as trading is concerned

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
that would mean that as soon as you trade the egg the massuda method and shiny charm doesnt matter anymore which in a way would be a downgrade at least as trading is concerned
No it wouldn't...

You still have the increased odds of the egg hatching shiny on your save in the first place. You then wouldn't (I assume...) trade it if it was already going to hatch shiny on your save. If it didn't, then you are in the same position as with any non-shiny charm, non-masuda method egg.

The difference being you might have a (roughly) 3/4096 chance of an egg hatching shiny for you (on your save) with shiny charm and Masuda Method. But with TSV match, you have a ~4096/4096 (assuming there's an active member around with every TSV) chance of hatching it shiny.

Edit: If you're trading the egg before checking if it hatches shiny for you, then yes the shiny charm and masuda method don't matter. But just don't do that.

No it wouldn't...

You still have the increased odds of the egg hatching shiny on your save in the first place. You then wouldn't (I assume...) trade it if it was already going to hatch shiny on your save. If it didn't, then you are in the same position as with any non-shiny charm, non-masuda method egg.

The difference being you might have a (roughly) 3/4096 chance of an egg hatching shiny for you (on your save) with shiny charm and Masuda Method. But with TSV match, you have a ~4096/4096 (assuming there's an active member around with every TSV) chance of hatching it shiny.

Edit: If you're trading the egg before checking if it hatches shiny for you, then yes the shiny charm and masuda method don't matter. But just don't do that.
i meant that if

I received an egg which wassnt his shiny nuber then even though I have the shiny charm my chance would still be 1 in 8900 or so

I have a small question on breeding I have a light metal beldum if breed with a ditto will it have a chance to have the ability and and that other way around could it get one of its other abilities?

Just a quick legality question:

If I use PowrSaves to inject a 6th gen wondercard, would the pokemon be considered legal?

Obviously I would inform potential traders how I got that pokemon.

Giveaway Bump

Whelp my summer job is soon upon me. This will be my 10th, and possibly final, year working as a Merit Badge Instructor for El Rancho Cima Scout Ranch, just outside San Marcos, Texas which lies in the heartland of Texas's Hill Country. I teach Nature merit badges, specializing in Reptile & Amphibian Study but also teach Forestry, Insect Study, Nature, and Fishing regularly.

Either way this place has 0 wifi options so I will be without the means to trade for 2 months.

I wish to rid of all my spare spitbacks before I go!

crazy_man's Crazy Summer Giveaway!!!

-Everything is female
-Remember, never respond to giveaways in this thread. Respond via PM's or profile posts.
-Everything is free. Tho a nice thanks can be from special ball'd females (even with no good IV's or NU tier, I'll take it!).
-I leave Friday morning. So this Giveaway's last day is Thursday.

Adamant | Multiscale | Dragon Dance + Extreme Speed

(26 24) Various 4 IV's that don't include Special Attack

Adamant | Sturdy

(9) Various 4 IV's that don't include Special Attack.

(7 6) Sassy or (2) Relaxed | Regenerator

(9 8) Various 4 IV's that don't include Speed

Naive | Rock Head -> Intimidate | Dragon Dance

31/x/31/31/31/31
x/31/31/31/31/31

(6) Various 4 IV's

Timid | Levitate | Disable (2 lack it)

(4 1) Various 4 IV's that don't include Attack

Modest | Magic Guard

(4 3) Various 4 IV's that don't include Attack (One is Lv. 29)

Modest | Spell Tag

31/x/31/30/31/x (Lv. 12)
(3) 31/x/31/x/31/x

Impish | Harvest (2 1) or Natural Cure (1)

(3 2) Various IV's that don't include Special Attack (One w/ Harvest is Lv. 22)

Bold | Run Away -> Effect Spore

(2) Various 4 IV's that don't include Attack

Calm | Clear Body (Gonna Need an Ability Capsule) | Rapid Spin + Knock Off

31/x/31/31/31/31

Modest | Swift Swim -> Drizzle

31/x/31/x/31/31

Last edited:
I have a small question on breeding I have a light metal beldum if breed with a ditto will it have a chance to have the ability and and that other way around could it get one of its other abilities?
Yeah. I'm not sure of the % chances of how they'll end up as normally the females have a much higher chance of passing down their ability, but genderless still do when bred with Ditto.

Is it fine to use the Rage/Mimic Glitch to learn one time 3rd gen tutor moves like Double Edge provided they were bred in 3rd gen and are legal in their move pool ? Obviously I wouldn't mix Brave Bird and Double Edge on a Pidgeot for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)