Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 39 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for charizardite X and haracrossite, and my signature.
Long story short, I traded my charizardite for Y because it would be better in VGC, and I have X.

So...I have been hatching many snorlax in an attempt to get a female with the IVs 31/31/31/x/31/x. The parents are a perfect ditto (with destiny knot) and a female snorlax with the IVs 31/31/31/x/x/31. I have hatched well over 200 snorlax, and about twenty females, but none with desired IVs, yet. Am I having really bad luck or am I doing something wrong?
I was having a similar problem days ago when I tried to hatch a 5IV female elgyem...Both flawless parents, destiny knot on one, hundreds of eggs, but no 5IV female...And elgyem don't even have a low female rate! I gave up on that one.

Alright, I'm in a really good mood right now after RNGing 3 legends today (Impish Zekrom in a Luxury ball, Impish Cobalion in a Dive ball, and Impish Terrakion in a Luxury ball. In the first 5 days of me RNGing, I only RNGed 2 things lol). I also have extra copies that were cloned by the fabulous -=Blu=-. So I have decided to give this baby away:

Modest
31/14/30/31/31/31 (HP ice) in a masterball.

This was my very first RNG, so I will make it a challenge to get. To participate in the giveaway, you must give me a moveset you would use on a Impish Cobalion, a Impish Terrakion, or a Impish Zekrom. The set I like the best will win this prize (unfortunately, I cant give one per pokemon, just the overall best set for all 3 combined). I will announce the winner in about an hour ish (maybe 2 :P) Make sure you submit the movesets on my profile. Replies on here and PMs will be ignored. Good luck to all participants :D

Edit: Forgot to mention, but to whomever wins this, it will be NON REDIS. So basically, you cant trade it, but you are able battle with it :D
Repost for new page. I guess no one wants to try and win a Free Rnged pokemon :P

Gasp! What if its even worse than I thought. Maybe nobody likes virizion, especially with an HP ice spread ;-;

Last edited:

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So...I have been hatching many snorlax in an attempt to get a female with the IVs 31/31/31/x/31/x. The parents are a perfect ditto (with destiny knot) and a female snorlax with the IVs 31/31/31/x/x/31. I have hatched well over 200 snorlax, and about twenty females, but none with desired IVs, yet. Am I having really bad luck or am I doing something wrong?
I was having a similar problem days ago when I tried to hatch a 5IV female elgyem...Both flawless parents, destiny knot on one, hundreds of eggs, but no 5IV female...And elgyem don't even have a low female rate! I gave up on that one.
Just a spot of bad luck. It doesn't matter that it's a 1:1 rate. I've gotten two full batches of female Mudkips in a row and 5 full batches of either crappy females or correct spread male, Mr. Mimes. Just power through it.

Edit: You also shouldn't be using a hex ditto with a 31/31/31/x/x/31 parent if you want 31/31/31/x/31/x that's going to take forever. Use a 0 spd parent or missing spd parent, lol.

Last edited:
just bad luck, but i feel your pain. have perfect parents. been about 5 boxes of eggs, and i have 5 flawless males, customer ordered female.
and it's on a damn horsea, with 50/50% gender ratio >:(

Edit: You also shouldn't be using a hex ditto with a 31/31/31/x/x/31 parent if you want 31/31/31/x/31/x that's going to take forever. Use a 0 spd parent or missing spd parent, lol.
I don't mind whatever IV goes into speed or Sp.At on this one. I haven't gotten a non-flawless speed parent, yet, anyway. It's weird, every single one is inheriting speed. I just want the other four IVs.

HOLD ON: the 25th AND 26th female snorlax had the desired IVs! Now, on to munchlax-breeding! *cries*
I'll put the second female for trade on my thread. (I'd offer to trade it to someone here now, but I am unable to trade now.)

Art Vandelay

Banned deucer.
still looking for the following safaris:

-Rufflet/Braviary
-Drillbur/Excadrill
-Pinsir
-Heracross
-Shelgon
-Gyarados
-Spiritomb
-Beartic

Let me know if you have any of these plz

Esmeya

I don't mind whatever IV goes into speed or Sp.At on this one. I haven't gotten a non-flawless speed parent, yet, anyway. It's weird, every single one is inheriting speed. I just want the other four IVs.

HOLD ON: the 25th AND 26th female snorlax had the desired IVs! Now, on to munchlax-breeding! *cries*
I'll put the second female for trade on my thread. (I'd offer to trade it to someone here now, but I am unable to trade now.)
I think you're missing the point that you needed one missing speed, but you're using two parents that have 31 speed. You probably would've gotten one a million eggs sooner if you just used a parent missing speed. Of course, most if not all of them would inherit the 31 IV in speed when both parents have 31 speed IV than if they were inheriting it from even one parent that was missing speed.

Anyway, congratulations. Good luck.

Edit: Clarity.

I think you're missing the point that you needed one missing speed, but you're using two parents that have 31 speed. You probably would've gotten one a million eggs sooner if you just used a parent missing speed, of course most if not all of them would inherit the 31 IV in speed when both parents have 31 speed IV than them inheriting it if even one parent was missing speed.

Anyway, congratulations. Good luck.

Edit: Clarity.
So wait, what you're saying is a stat is more likely to be inherited if both parents are flawless in that stat? I thought the five inherited stats were chosen at random regardless of what the parent's IVs are. (I'm sure I'm misunderstanding you...)

Esmeya

So wait, what you're saying is a stat is more likely to be inherited if both parents are flawless in that stat? I thought the five inherited stats were chosen at random regardless of what the parent's IVs are. (I'm sure I'm misunderstanding you...)
Too tired, too late at night to try and explain to you, so just look at numbers instead:

With Hex Ditto and 31/31/31/x/x/31 Parent: 31 / 31 / 31 / xx / 31 / xx 4.0365%
With Hex Ditto and 31/31/31/x/x/x Parent: 31 / 31 / 31 / xx / 31 / xx 8.3984% (more variables available, but higher percentage to compensate)

With 31/31/31/31/31/x Ditto and 31/31/31/x/x/31 Parent (I assume you don't have another Ditto anyway): 31 / 31 / 31 / xx / 31 / xx 25.2604% (Least variables)

It's pretty arbitrary to be honest and you were trying to get something with missing speed from two parents who have perfect/flawless whatever you want to call it, speed. Versus using at least one thing missing speed (which you wanted), dominant/recessive all that. Not that big of a deal.

Edit: and with your new parent

Hex Ditto and 31/31/31/x/31/x Parent: 31 / 31 / 31 / xx / 31 / xx 16.6667%

Last edited:
Too tired, too late at night to try and explain to you, so just look at numbers instead:

With Hex Ditto and 31/31/31/x/x/31 Parent: 31 / 31 / 31 / xx / 31 / xx 4.0365%
With Hex Ditto and 31/31/31/x/x/x Parent: 31 / 31 / 31 / xx / 31 / xx 8.3984% (more variables available, but higher percentage to compensate)

With 31/31/31/31/31/x Ditto and 31/31/31/x/x/31 Parent (I assume you don't have another Ditto anyway): 31 / 31 / 31 / xx / 31 / xx 25.2604% (Least variables)

It's pretty arbitrary to be honest, you were trying to get something with missing speed from two parents who have perfect/flawless whatever you want to call it, speed. Versus using at least one thing missing speed (which you wanted), dominant/recessive all that. Not that big of a deal.
Thanks, I'm not sure I understand this...But I'll try to look into it more. Maybe I need a new ditto? I could use a zero-speed ditto.
Anyway, I wasn't actually trying to get one that was missing speed. It could have had flawless speed, just as long as the other 4IVs were good to go.

Thanks, I'm not sure I understand this...But I'll try to look into it more. Maybe I need a new ditto? I could use a zero-speed ditto.
Anyway, I wasn't actually trying to get one that was missing speed. It could have had flawless speed, just as long as the other 4IVs were good to go.
yeah you need a new ditto or a parent, you are using 31/31/31/31/31/31 ditto and a 31/31/31/x/x/31
so for most of the time, you will get 31 speed .
and why you couldn't get 31 sdef ? probably luck .

Esmeya

In this instance the parents you were using weren't ideal for your intended target. You don't need a new anything unless you plan on venturing into the wonderful realm of Trick Room. Don't worry about it I guess.

yeah you need a new ditto or a parent, you are using 31/31/31/31/31/31 ditto and a 31/31/31/x/x/31
so for most of the time, you will get 31 speed .
They already got what they wanted, just pointing out they probably would've gotten in sooner if they understood, well, any of what I said.

They already got what they wanted, just pointing out they probably would've gotten in sooner if they understood, well, any of what I said.
Sorry for not understanding, I just didn't know that the parent's IV affects the odds of it passing. That is new to me...I'll look into how it works in a bit, though.

still looking for the following safaris:

-Rufflet/Braviary
-Drillbur/Excadrill
-Pinsir
-Heracross
-Shelgon
-Gyarados
-Spiritomb
-Beartic

Let me know if you have any of these plz
not positive, but I have a steel safari with skarmory and ferroseed. I might have excadrill, so add me if you want. Reply with your fc pls :)

FC: 2466-2824-1476

Alright, I'm in a really good mood right now after RNGing 3 legends today (Impish Zekrom in a Luxury ball, Impish Cobalion in a Dive ball, and Impish Terrakion in a Luxury ball. In the first 5 days of me RNGing, I only RNGed 2 things lol). I also have extra copies that were cloned by the fabulous -=Blu=-. So I have decided to give this baby away:

Modest
31/14/30/31/31/31 (HP ice) in a masterball.

This was my very first RNG, so I will make it a challenge to get. To participate in the giveaway, you must give me a moveset you would use on a Impish Cobalion, a Impish Terrakion, or a Impish Zekrom. The set I like the best will win this prize (unfortunately, I cant give one per pokemon, just the overall best set for all 3 combined). I will announce the winner in about an hour ish (maybe 2 :P) Make sure you submit the movesets on my profile. Replies on here and PMs will be ignored. Good luck to all participants :D

Edit: Forgot to mention, but to whomever wins this, it will be NON REDIS. So basically, you cant trade it, but you are able battle with it :D
Last repost before I decide who wins (unless there aren't enough entries, in which case ill probably repost on another page again >_<)

Sorry for not understanding, I just didn't know that the parent's IV affects the odds of it passing. That is new to me...I'll look into how it works in a bit, though.
Here, use these, it is dangerous outside.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/breeding-perfect-pokemon-in-pokemon-x-y.3490432/

http://destinyknot.tk/

Also, you can check what perfect ivs your pokemon has via the person inside the pokemon center in the town on the bottom right middle of Kalos, he's the guy in the upper left of the pokemon center that has purple hair. Because anime

Esmeya

Please don't apologize for not understanding there's no point in that. It's simple probability though (kind of) if you've ever done any charts for genes and/or diseases.

And Empoleon_Master already gave you what you needed, if anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)