Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 40 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyper voice is a gen 5 tutor move for eevee, so unfortunately no kalos born hyper voice sylveon. :(
Yeah, I know. :(

That's also why I am asking if you can't teach it to learn those 5th gen attacks on the 6th gen, what attacks would you teach it to replace those attacks?

Do you think Skill swap would be one of the two good attacks? Cause I thought of the idea of when a player is in a two on two battle by using a sylveon and a slaking, you can use skill swap to have Sylveon swap it's hidden ability with slaking's ability that way slaking's normal type attacks would become fairy-type attacks and have advantage against fighting, dark, and dragon types. I thought it might be a great idea. :D

Oh and speaking of which, didn't the guide book of Pokemon coliseum said that one of the trainer's Slaking knows skill swap? If it did, then why did it say that if Slaking can't learn that attack? Was it an error/typo in the guide book?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oh and speaking of which, didn't the guide book of Pokemon coliseum said that one of the trainer's Slaking knows skill swap? If it did, then why did it say that if Slaking can't learn that attack? Was it an error/typo in the guide book?
In Pokémon Colosseum Cooltrainer Rask uses Slaking in a doubles battle paired with an Alakazam that knows Skill Swap (which when used gives Slaking Inner Focus, and Alakazam Truant. Alakazam may then switch out and upon re-entry have Inner Focus restored too). There is no legal way for Slaking to learn Skill Swap (as far as I know).

Edit: Inner Focus, not Synchronise.
Edit2: Also has a Synchronise Espeon with Skill Swap.

In Pokémon Colosseum Cooltrainer Rask uses Slaking in a doubles battle paired with an Alakazam that knows Skill Swap (which when used gives Slaking Inner Focus, and Alakazam Truant. Alakazam may then switch out and upon re-entry have Inner Focus restored too). There is no legal way for Slaking to learn Skill Swap (as far as I know).

Edit: Inner Focus, not Synchronise.
Oh okay. Thanks. I must mis-read it or it probably was a typo/error.

Anyway, What two attacks would you teach Sylveon in place of the Heal bell and Hyper Voice? Would Skill swap be one of them?

That's also why I am asking if you can't teach it to learn those 5th gen attacks on the 6th gen, what attacks would you teach it to replace those attacks?

Do you think Skill swap would be one of the two good attacks? Cause I thought of the idea of when a player is in a two on two battle by using a sylveon and a slaking, you can use skill swap to have Sylveon swap it's hidden ability with slaking's ability that way slaking's normal type attacks would become fairy-type attacks and have advantage against fighting, dark, and dragon types. I thought it might be a great idea. :D

Slaking would lose STAB on Return and such. Though with Pixilate you're only losing about.. 17% of your power? I suppose it does have the movepool to hit Steel and Poison types at least. Plus Sylveon is.. one of few things that gets Skill Swap with a pentagon, and it doesn't suck.
Skill Swap Slaking is a hack, iirc some trainer uses a Skill Swap Pokémon + Slaking is what it means.

KB Sylveon, you have Moonblast obviously, which is less powerful than Hyper Voice but at least it has an awesome side effect on a Pokémon that can actually use it. Shadow Ball adds almost perfect coverage (pyroar walls it, whoopdy fucking do :P ) and Psyshock can hit Poison types like Mega Venusaur, Gengar, and Muk. Wish+Protect is doable as ever. Pixilate Quick Attack could be funny for sash'd Ghosts and Dragons. Yawn is for trollin', and Fake Tears can cause brickshits. Helping Hand for doubles as well.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet

Oh, lol, sorry I was confused. Without hyper voice, I have heard of sylveon using round in doubles/triples, especially when paired with a fast round user (I think like noivern?), because the bp of sylveon's pixillate round will be boosted, and it'll hit when the fast round user's move hits. I've never used this strategy myself, so I'm not sure if I'm describing the mechanics right. Sylveon always loves having wish for healing, skill swap is useful not just for pairing with slaking, but also for stealing abilities from the likes of mega mawile, mega kangaskhan, mega medicham, and azumarill (all of which really rely on their abilities to be useful), so I could see those as a viable options as well.

Last edited:
Oh okay. Thanks.

Anyway, What two attacks would you teach Sylveon in place of the Heal bell and Hyper Voice? Would Skill swap be one of them?
I'd guess that Moonblast would replace Hyper Voice, although tbh without hyper voice or heal bell, you might as well use florges, who is basically slightly worse than sylveon in every way, but gets aromatherapy for being a cleric

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Slaking would lose STAB on Return and such. Though with Pixilate you're only losing about.. 17% of your power? I suppose it does have the movepool to hit Steel and Poison types at least. Plus Sylveon is.. one of few things that gets Skill Swap with a pentagon, and it doesn't suck.
Skill Swap Slaking is a hack, iirc some trainer uses a Skill Swap Pokémon + Slaking is what it means.

KB Sylveon, you have Moonblast obviously, which is less powerful than Hyper Voice but at least it has an awesome side effect on a Pokémon that can actually use it. Shadow Ball adds almost perfect coverage (pyroar walls it, whoopdy fucking do :P ) and Psyshock can hit Poison types like Mega Venusaur, Gengar, and Muk. Wish+Protect is doable as ever. Pixilate Quick Attack could be funny for sash'd Ghosts and Dragons. Yawn is for trollin', and Fake Tears can cause brickshits. Helping Hand for doubles as well.
If sylveon had cute charm instead of pixillate, slaking wouldn't lose STAB. :)

I'd guess that Moonblast would replace Hyper Voice, although tbh without hyper voice or heal bell, you might as well use florges, who is basically slightly worse than sylveon in every way, but gets aromatherapy for being a cleric
Florges has better Special bulk (not that either is lacking...), slightly better special attack (Which is actually the difference between a guarenteed OHKO on 4/0 Garchomp at level 50, and a 87.5% chance), better Speed, and also has Grassy Terrain. Sylveon of course has its perks like Helping Hand, better physical bulk, and an ability that actually does something in Singles.

EnGarde I know. I did forget to mention though. :P
Slaking so cute <3

Diabolico Pixilate turns Normal moves to Fairy Moves - Slaking is not a Fairy, so it doesn't get STAB on Return and such with that ability. Cute Charm, its the same as ever. That was mostly me being a derp.

Giveaway
Chimchars
Jolly
EM thunder punch blaze kick fire punch and fake out
They are 3-4 ivs pm or post on my wall if you would like one before i release them or wonder trade them
They are iron fist

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
lose STAB? What do you two mean by that?

And what is the definition of STAB in this case?
pixillate changes the type of normal type moves to fairy type. So slaking, a normal type pokemon, would lose STAB on it's main attack, return, which goes from being normal type to being fairy type.

EDIT: Ninja'd :)

Florges has better Special bulk (not that either is lacking...), slightly better special attack (Which is actually the difference between a guarenteed OHKO on 4/0 Garchomp at level 50, and a 87.5% chance), better Speed, and also has Grassy Terrain. Sylveon of course has its perks like Helping Hand, better physical bulk, and an ability that actually does something in Singles.

EnGarde I know. I did forget to mention though. :P
Slaking so cute <3

Diabolico Pixilate turns Normal moves to Fairy Moves - Slaking is not a Fairy, so it doesn't get STAB on Return and such with that ability. Cute Charm, its the same as ever. That was mostly me being a derp.
pixillate changes the type of normal type moves to fairy type. So slaking, a normal type pokemon, would lose STAB on it's main attack, return, which goes from being normal type to being fairy type.

EDIT: Ninja'd :)
Actually, I'm really not planning on giving it Return. I was thinking about Body slam or some other normal physical attacks besides Return. Because I'm really not good at the Return attack. Making the return attack takes forever to make it stronger. Plus I'm really not good at my pokemon using the return attack. I actually stink at it tbh. hehe :P

Sylveon's Pixilate Hyper Voice hits harder than Florges Moonblast, so the actual stat doesn't matter. But yeah I should have clarified, I meant for OU, Sylveon is essentially always better. And the Special bulk is like a 1% difference iirc

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Actually, I'm really not planning on giving it Return. I was thinking about Body slam or some other normal physical attacks besides Return. Because I'm really not good at the Return attack. Making the return attack takes forever to make it stronger. Plus I'm really not good at my pokemon using the return attack. I actually stink at it tbh. hehe :P
Double checked the mechanics of round, and it works as described: www.serebii.net/attackdex-xy/round.shtml

From Serebii:
This move increases in power when used by different Pokémon on your side in a single turn. When Round is used by multiple Pokémon, the Pokémon will immediately use it, regardless of Speed or Priority. Each consecutive use of this move has the power doubled up until it hits the maximum of 240.
So, if you're willing to ditch slaking, you could build a team around sylveon, aurorus, and mega gardevoir with 3 other fast round users.

---

As for using slaking...have you tried one in a lux ball holding a soothe bell during level up? Though, TBH, between using horde battles for EV training, getting 2 hearts in pokemon-amie for the EXP boost, and leveling up to level 50, I've found that most pokemon reach max happiness relatively quickly for me. :)

Double checked the mechanics of round, and it works as described: www.serebii.net/attackdex-xy/round.shtml

From Serebii:

So, if you're willing to ditch slaking, you could build a team around sylveon, aurorus, and mega gardevoir with 3 other fast round users.

---

As for using slaking...have you tried one in a lux ball holding a soothe bell during level up? Though, TBH, between using horde battles for EV training, getting 2 hearts in pokemon-amie for the EXP boost, and leveling up to level 50, I've found that most pokemon reach max happiness relatively quickly for me. :)
I think I had. Thank you, btw.

Sylveon's Pixilate Hyper Voice hits harder than Florges Moonblast, so the actual stat doesn't matter. But yeah I should have clarified, I meant for OU, Sylveon is essentially always better. And the Special bulk is like a 1% difference iirc
Yup, by a fair bit:
90*1.5*1.3 = 175
95*1.5 = 142

I'm kinda confusing to people, sorry. I use VGC style sets, not Smogon's rules, so things like Hyper Voice Sylveon are banned to me and I'm really bad at specifying these things xD
For OU yeah, Sylveon's the better bet in pretty much any case I can think of. Even in VGC.. Sylveon is usually better, but Florges has slightly more of a niche there than OU because of Grassy Terrain and some nice Grass-specific support. Kinda had a rough time picking between Gardevoir, Sylveon, and Florges for the June International so I got really educated on all 3.

Special bulk... is about that minor, yeah.
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sylveon in Sun: 109-130 (53.9 - 64.3%)
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Florges in Sun: 96-114 (51.8 - 61.6%)

---

244+ SpA Florges Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 186-218 (101 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Sylveon Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 182-216 (98.9 - 117.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Sylveon is literally 1 point shy of guarenteed. xP

For Return, simply hatching it, EVing it, and getting it to 50 will max out happiness with no direct effort. Befriending Power Lv. 3, Soothe Bell, and Berries are are really just to evolve Togepi into Togetic for breeding.
I guess as extra options.. Magic Guard Zammy + Toxic Orb Facade Slaking is one alternative to Return, or Crush Claw can be used for the Defense drop but the power difference is huge. Body Slam is a lower hax chance per hit, but has more power and a generally more useful side effect. Slash and Chip Away are... good in-game moves for killing wave after wave of derpish foe but not so useful in actual battles. Covet is something that, well, to be blunt, Ambipom is the only thing I can think of with any real use for it.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
!?!

I have just gotten 3 perfect 6IV pokemon in one evening: 2 plusle and a vivillon. I must have a really good RNG seed right now or something.
6 perfect IVs, and the ability shield dust... T_T Looks like I'll have to do some battle maison/institute to earn more BP...

Which ones gets more BP faster, btw?

Need help obtaining a Pokemon. I need an ev trained Shiftry w/Knock Off. Don't really mind if it's a fully offensive set or if it's a rash mixed attacker. Shiny would be cool. I have boxes on boxes of trained pokes, so if theres something you need in particular maybe we can do a clone swap. Equally willingly to breed something for it though too. I have a 6IV Ditto, so I can pretty much breed you anything. PM me or respond here.

Edit: Also looking for a reckless mienfoo spitback.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)