Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 45 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Keep or Toss?

Thundurus
Bold
16-17

Was initially going for HP Ice with a low Atk IV, and I came across this after several weeks of resetting. I can backup/restore saves, which makes me lean more towards keep, but would the lack of HP Ice, the somewhat-highish Atk, and the 30 SpA/SpD be too much of a detriment in VGC?

Keep or Toss?

Thundurus
Bold
16-17

Was initially going for HP Ice with a low Atk IV, and I came across this after several weeks of resetting. I can backup/restore saves, which makes me lean more towards keep, but would the lack of HP Ice, the somewhat-highish Atk, and the 30 SpA/SpD be too much of a detriment in VGC?
30 is the same as 31 stat-wise at level 50 (VGC).

Reactions: Xen
Keep or Toss?

Thundurus
Bold
16-17

Bold won't care much about Sp. Atk, and 30 IVs at level 50 make no difference if no EVs are invested. What hidden power is it btw? Defensive set doesn't really need to use a hidden power. And with save backup.. what exactly are you losing? :P

edit: also, if you do invest EVs, you'll just have to tweak it very slightly for the IVs, that's all. Special stats don't matter nearly as much as a 30 Speed.

Reactions: Xen

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Bold won't care much about Sp. Atk, and 30 IVs at level 50 make no difference if no EVs are invested. What hidden power is it btw? Defensive set doesn't really need to use a hidden power. And with save backup.. what exactly are you losing? :P

edit: also, if you do invest EVs, you'll just have to tweak it very slightly for the IVs, that's all. Special stats don't matter nearly as much as a 30 Speed.
True. Guess I'm just being a bit too OCD about the IVs since imperfect stats are slightly more pronounced in VGC as opposed to Lv 100 (not sure how I want to EV it atm, so this may be a moot point anyway.)

Guess I'll throw it in Bank for now and see I find anything better. If I don't find anything in a few more resets, then I may use this one instead.

According to the Fortree lady, the HP is Ground, which I guess isn't the worst HP it could have.

That's not entirely true for stats that you want to EV train, since you'll need 4 more EVs to reach the same number if your IV is 30 and not 31, which makes you lose points that could have been placed elsewhere.
You also won't be able to reach the same max stat with 252 EVs if your IV in that stat is 30 and not 31, which is very important for Pokémon that want to be as fast as possible, since they will lose possible "speed ties" otherwise...

Last edited:
What 4 EMs for Timid Technician Mr. Mime?

Fake Out, Future Sight, Hypnosis, Icy Wind*, Nasty Plot, Teeder Dance, Trick*?

* ORAS Tutor Move also.

Hi,

I am looking for someone to help me evolve 2 pumpkaboo.

I can help you if you're still looking.
Thanks!! I will help you with the evolution if it's through trade :) add me 5429-8641-2596 xdtrainer

Someone can help me with transfering 5 pokes?

Last edited:
Keep or Toss?

Thundurus
Bold
16-17

Easy keep as you have backups.

I've seen you requesting this quite frequently with no reply so I thought I'd give you some advice...

Firstly, no one has HA Scyther / Scizor because Light Metal is a trash ability on Scizor and Steadfast is situational at best on Scyther so literally everyone opts for the far superior Technician True fans of Scyther/Scizor collect all types.

HA is also hard to obtain on Scyther / Scizor. You could get it from the Dream World in gen V, but obviously that isn't an option anymore since that feature is no longer available. So now in gen VI you would have to get it through horde encounters, which is already difficult in itself because Scyther hordes are the rarest of the 3 you can encounter on route 21 in Kalos HA Sudowoodo is hard to obtain from Hordes, Scyther just takes a bit of free time.

You are also making these requests without making any offers, or have a link to a trade thread / list for people to check out. No one is going to donate this already-hard-to-obtain-yet-pointless-to-use Pokemon to you. The first part I agree with.

My I ask why you want Scyther's HA in the first place? The only logical reason is because you want to make some gimmicky Eviolite Scyther build for VGC that benefits from enemy Fake Out but I read in a previous post that you want it for Mega Scizor so that explanation is out the window. I know Scizor 'loses' Light Metal when it evolves but what's the point? Just go catch a normal one in the ball you want and leave it at that imo... My understanding is it's mainly for Mega-Scizor in Ubers where Low Kick/Grass Knot are viable moves with all the fatass gods running around, the only benefit to running Tech is to bluff a CB set.
All mentions of Scyther/Scizor summon me, comments in bold.

What 4 EMs for Timid Technician Mr. Mime?

Fake Out, Future Sight, Hypnosis, Icy Wind*, Nasty Plot, Teeder Dance, Trick*?

* ORAS Tutor Move also.
Fake Out, Hypnosis, Icy Wind*, Nasty Plot.
Teeter Dance/Future Sight suck, 12BP for Icy Wind too expensive.

Or you could breed Mime Jr. with Fake Out, Hypnosis, Nasty Plot, Healing Wish :)

All mentions of Scyther/Scizor summon me, comments in bold.

Fake Out, Hypnosis, Icy Wind*, Nasty Plot.
Teeter Dance/Future Sight suck, 12BP for Icy Wind too expensive.

Or you could breed Mime Jr. with Fake Out, Hypnosis, Nasty Plot, Healing Wish :)
Breeding Mime Jr. means that you either can't control the nature or won't be able to pass 5 IVs. Good luck getting a flawless one that way.

It's actually what I decided I'm going to do.

Time Machine Breeding Method, look it up ;]
So you are going through egg cycles until you get one that randomly generates the nature you want, passes the 5 IVs you need and, in case you want the HA, the right ability? Like I said... good luck with that.

So you are going through egg cycles until you get one that randomly generates the nature you want, passes the 5 IVs you need and, in case you want the HA, the right ability? Like I said... good luck with that.
Take a look at .com's old trade thread. I think you'll like it.

Take a look at .com's old trade thread. I think you'll like it.
I'm pretty sure I already understand how this works so please correct me if I'm wrong, but saving and checking one egg at a time to see, which parent passes what IV until you get the right IV spread and then resetting the game to exchange the parents, is one thing. Doing this while hoping that the egg doesn't just get the 5 IVs you need, but also the right nature out of the 25 possible, is a whole other story...

I'm pretty sure I already understand how this works so please correct me if I'm wrong, but saving and checking one egg to see, which parent passes what IV until you get the right IV spread and then reseting the game to exchange the parents, is one thing. Doing this while hoping that the egg doesn't just get the 5 IVs you need, but also the right nature out of the 25 possible, is a whole other story...
Yeah, again, check .com's thread. I know of him doing it at least twice, one of them a perfect mixed attacking HP Grass Pichu. It's not an impossible feat lol.

Yeah, again, check .com's thread. I know of him doing it at least twice, one of them a perfect mixed attacking HP Grass Pichu. It's not an impossible feat lol.
Never said it's impossible, just doesn't really sound like a fun experience to me. xD
I once bred an Adamant 5IV Selfdestruct Munchlax on my X the old fashioned way, which took me forever and I don't really see how doing this the "time machine" way could be much faster, since you still need to find the right egg cycle.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'm pretty sure I already understand how this works so please correct me if I'm wrong, but saving and checking one egg at a time to see, which parent passes what IV until you get the right IV spread and then resetting the game to exchange the parents, is one thing. Doing this while hoping that the egg doesn't just get the 5 IVs you need, but also the right nature out of the 25 possible, is a whole other story...
You don't really want to use the TM method to get perfect Pokémon that need those Insences, unless your spread has a useful nature. Mine is Careful, so I could do Munchlax.
What about Pichu?

Art Vandelay

Banned deucer.
not that hard yeah. Key is you don't aim for the super hard spreads but rather use the spreads you get for other stuff (flawless 5IV Sp attacker, TR pokes, etc) and when you come around something with the right heritage and nature BAM you use the appropriate parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)