Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 45 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey looking for a flawless spitback Whismur. Hoping someone could trade me one for a shiny Jellicent with decent IV's? It has 27 HP Iv's, 29 attack IV's and 27 speed IV's. Sorry if the Jellicent is not that good I'm new to this.
I can help!

No, no Speed/HP tests on me. I thought it was established that Sync is less effective in Gen 6? Because Sync was 50/50 on Gen 5 and honestly, it was about 50/50 when you used it without RNGing. Gen 6 is.. well, I'm guessing around 15%.
Synchronize is still 50/50 in gen 6. And do HP/Speed checks, man. Save yourself a lot more time by resetting stuff you would have reset over anyway had you wasted your time and caught it only to find it's obviously not what you want.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
LF a Salamencite, I can give a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Jolly Beldum or an Adamant Bagon w/Egg Moves in return for it; thanks in advance.

Synchronize is still 50/50 in gen 6. And do HP/Speed checks, man. Save yourself a lot more time by resetting stuff you would have reset over anyway had you wasted your time and caught it only to find it's obviously not what you want.
People use Staraptor for that, right? Final Gambit to test HP and Speed in one shot, Intimidate as well?
I do understand the concept of EVing it so that a 31 HP <pokemon> survives with 1 HP, and a 31 speed <Pokemon> outspeeds it.

People use Staraptor for that, right? Final Gambit to test HP and Speed in one shot, Intimidate as well?
I do understand the concept of EVing it so that a 31 HP <pokemon> survives with 1 HP, and a 31 speed <Pokemon> outspeeds it.
Check out Buckert's SRing guide here and there are lots of people here in wifi who give out capture helping Pokemon in their threads if you don't want to prepare them yourself.

Check out Buckert's SRing guide here and there are lots of people here in wifi who give out capture helping Pokemon in their threads if you don't want to prepare them yourself.
Unless someone has a Staraptor for Suicune laying around, I'll start on breeding one, thanks. :3
Tommorow. #procrastination
And fuck Terrakion, I'll use Mienshao. Already have an army of weasels anyway. And nothing is more manly than Reckless HJK.

Ugh, I hate the concept of asking "keep or reset" because I know that you can always get better if you spend more time on resets, but I just caught this:

Suicune - #245 (Bold) : 31 / 13 / 31 / 31 / 20 / 31

I'm wondering if there are any notable cases where the SpD would make a difference on turn 1? It becomes less of an issue after a Calm Mind, which makes me think that this is the stat that would be alright to skimp on a little if you had to...

Ugh, I hate the concept of asking "keep or reset" because I know that you can always get better if you spend more time on resets, but I just caught this:

I'm wondering if there are any notable cases where the SpD would make a difference on turn 1? It becomes less of an issue after a Calm Mind, which makes me think that this is the stat that would be alright to skimp on a little if you had to...
I would toss anything with lower than 28 in a usable stat.

Well, the way I look at it is, if you boost up a certain stat, the lower the stat to begin with, the lower and lower it gets while boosted in comparison to a perfect counterpart (because it uses a percentage of the original stat). That being said, a difference of 10-11 iv's is only a couple of percentage points different. But, I would say toss.

Ex. 50 at +1 is 75 (+25)
25 at +1 is 37.5 (+12.5) and keeps getting lower in comparison.

EDIT: ah, nevermind, I realized that was horrible logic XD. It actually keeps the same difference (duh)

Last edited:

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can someone help me evolve my in-game Kadabra?
I can, I need an Onix evolved too. Just give me a minute and I'll be online.

Edit: Sorry for canceling the trade, I was playing absent-mindedly XP Nice nickname on your Alakazam, I lol'd :)

Last edited:
Opinions on this for shiny (mega)gardevoir? i don't want to do moonball or diveball many people have done that.

No, Staraptor only checks HP. What are you going to do if you check the speed (you are outsped by the other pokemon) and get hit? Sure you get the speed check but you can't check HP anymore. So... Check HP with Staraptor(needs to be faster than the pokemon you want to SR) and then you check speed with smeargle.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
No, Staraptor only checks HP. What are you going to do if you check the speed (you are outsped by the other pokemon) and get hit? Sure you get the speed check but you can't check HP anymore. So... Check HP with Staraptor(needs to be faster than the pokemon you want to SR) and then you check speed with smeargle.
I actually used Staraptor to check both Speed and HP for my Rayquaza SR. It works if the other Pokemon uses a non-attacking move. If you really need an extra space in your party, then it can be done in certain situations.

Obviously, Staraptor's stats need to lie in the right range for it to work. I think I had to give it an Iron Ball to hold to make the stats line up for a different attempt.

I actually used Staraptor to check both Speed and HP for my Rayquaza SR. It works if the other Pokemon uses a non-attacking move. If you really need an extra space in your party, then it can be done in certain situations.

Obviously, Staraptor's stats need to lie in the right range for it to work. I think I had to give it an Iron Ball to hold to make the stats line up for a different attempt.
In a general sense it is a bad idea to have staraptor check for both. Pokemon like palkia and dialga only have attacking moves so you are guaranteed to fail the HP check if they outspeed you (speed check)

I'm quite keen to find a shellder with 4 ems in a special ball. Please contact me if you have one or can point me in the right direction.

Looking for Moltres, Zapdos and Articunos Pokedex entrys. Ill obviously trade them back and i would be very happy if somebody could help me out ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)