Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In ORAS, with each SR, the chance of the legend being shiny increases right? Remember reading that somewhere but I'm not sure. If yes, what is the formula or how much does it increase each time?

In ORAS, with each SR, the chance of the legend being shiny increases right? Remember reading that somewhere but I'm not sure. If yes, what is the formula or how much does it increase each time?
I think is the same odds, unless you get the shiny charm. Obviously with more SR = more chance since you are doing more tries.

I think is the same odds, unless you get the shiny charm. Obviously with more SR = more chance since you are doing more tries.
You just contradicted yourself, unless I read that wrong.

You said same odds and then more SR=more chance. If it's the same odds then every SR would have the same chance. If more SR=more chance then with each SR, the chance(like the number in the game) needs to increase.

You said same odds and then more SR=more chance. If it's the same odds then every SR would have the same chance. If more SR=more chance then with each SR, the chance(like the number in the game) needs to increase.
what I meant is that it has no effect, is still 1/4096

It's more chances because you're trying more times. The odds are the same every time though..the game wouldn't even have a way of recognizing the number of resets (I don't believe) since every time you reset the data is reverted to the last time you saved

It's more chances because you're trying more times. The odds are the same every time though..the game wouldn't even have a way of recognizing the number of resets (I don't believe) since every time you reset the data is reverted to the last time you saved
I was referring to it being the same odds each time.(Individually)

However, I found what I read so I'm going to message that user.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

It's not something that the game does, it's statistics. The game doesn't give you a better chance if you try more times, it's just if you SR one time, you probably won't get it, but if you SR 100,00 times you probably will.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music

so youre saying theres a similarity to the legendary holes, like chain fishing? if thats the case, wouldnt you have to encouter, defeat, beat the elite 4, rinse and repeat?

It's not something that the game does, it's statistics. The game doesn't give you a better chance if you try more times, it's just if you SR one time, you probably won't get it, but if you SR 100,00 times you probably will.
I understand that. But what I read sounded like the base probability increased with each SR. And I wasn't sure how the game would record that, as Flarg said.
so youre saying theres a similarity to the legendary holes, like chain fishing? if thats the case, wouldnt you have to encouter, defeat, beat the elite 4, rinse and repeat?
I don't know. I don't think so. I just read something and I'm not sure.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
I understand that. But what I read sounded like the base probability increased with each SR. And I wasn't sure how the game would record that, as Flarg said.

I don't know. I don't think so. I just read something and I'm not sure.
Hmm, well it seems that whoever wrote what you read either doesn't understand how probability works, or was misinformed. Same chance each time.

Still looking for some RNG'd 5th gen legends. Willing to trade multiple Hidden Power pokes for any of these:

Modest and Adamant | Blue Flare, Glaciate, V-Create, Bolt Strike

Timid | Hidden Power Ghost

Rash | Sheer Force | Hidden Power Ice

Timid, Naive, or Calm

Still looking for some RNG'd 5th gen legends. Willing to trade multiple Hidden Power pokes for any of these:

Timid, Naive, or Calm
<Totes> has the Victinis and Thomaz has the Lando in their respective threads. Idk about Cobalion and Meloetta off the top of my head.

Hi I'm looking for a 6 iv ditto to start breeding with in oras and was wondering if anyone had any leads on active giveaways thank you in advance for any help you guys can offer

Hi I'm looking for a 6 iv ditto to start breeding with in oras and was wondering if anyone had any leads on active giveaways thank you in advance for any help you guys can offer
Most can help you and if you want spitbacks let me know and I can give you a few.

guys i need help! i will be very grateful if anyone answers this for me

so basically i have a Male shroomish with perfect hp, att special defence and speed

i also have a Female shroomish with perfect att ,def,special def and speed.

one of them is holding the destiny knot and the other an everstone

The question is however why have i not received a single 5 IV's Pokemon after 70 eggs, am i doing something wrong?

so basically i have a Male shroomish with perfect hp, att special defence and speed

The question is however why have i not received a single 5 IV's Pokemon after 70 eggs, am i doing something wrong?
Bad luck, just keep at it. Breeding can throw quite a bit of bad luck at you, I spent like 4 boxes trying to breed a 5IV Fletchling back in XY starting with 2IVs from the friend safari, and when I got it after two 5IV Big Pecks Fletchlings I was so happy. Just don't give up and you will get it.

This might help for the future but you should try using a 6iv ditto for breeding as well. If you used a 6iv ditto as a parent then the odds of you having a 5iv off spring increase by a lot and it saves you a ton of time.

Edit: and welcome to smogon.

Timid, Naive, or Calm
I have naive 31.31.31.31.31.31. Injected WC though. CMT for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)