Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Sun and Moon are going to give us the option to increase the ivs of a select few Pokemon. I am excited to start breeding and catching shinies and legendaries whenever possible because as long as the ability and nature are good, the Pokemon can be perfect.

Now, does anyone have a list of competitive Pokemon (preferably ones who don't rely on their hidden abilities) that appreciate having perfect ivs in every stat? Something like Hydreigon or Garchomp or Diancie?
It's called the pokedex...

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Pokemon Sun and Moon are going to give us the option to increase the ivs of a select few Pokemon. I am excited to start breeding and catching shinies and legendaries whenever possible because as long as the ability and nature are good, the Pokemon can be perfect.

Now, does anyone have a list of competitive Pokemon (preferably ones who don't rely on their hidden abilities) that appreciate having perfect ivs in every stat? Something like Hydreigon or Garchomp or Diancie?
What IV spreads are best on a Pokemon depends on what movesets the Pokemon tend to run. And since the suggested sets on almost all Pokemon tend to change (especially between games), maintaining a list of all Pokemon that prefer to have 6IV is quite difficult. Because while something like Dragonite could tend to run Mixed sets and thus benefit from having all 31's across the board in BW, that's less viable of an option now.

Of course, this is all based on the assumption that by "Pokemon (...) that appreciate having Perfect IVs in every stat?" you meant "Pokemon (...) that runs 31/31/31/31/31/31 IV Spreads". if not: what flargananddingle said is a good answer to the self explanatory question.

Sondero

Keep or Toss:

Arceus - Adamant nature; 31/31/31/31/9/31.

Sp.D being so low is a bummer...
Definite toss. If an IV in a relevant stat is less than 24, it's never worth keeping, IMO (unless you're just soft resetting for nature and wait until you can hyper train it in S/M, but then why ask k/t in the first place?). For most resets that have 3 guaranteed IVs: I'd say best to only ask K/T if the nature is usable and the IVs are at least 31 in speed and the stat boosted by the nature (unless it's for a beneficial Hidden Power type or Trick room), and 26+ in the other relevant IVs.

Definite toss. If an IV in a relevant stat is less than 24, it's never worth keeping, IMO (unless you're just soft resetting for nature and wait until you can hyper train it in S/M, but then why ask k/t in the first place?). For most resets that have 3 guaranteed IVs: I'd say best to only ask K/T if the nature is usable and the IVs are at least 31 in speed and the stat boosted by the nature (unless it's for a beneficial Hidden Power type or Trick room), and 26+ in the other relevant IVs.
Thanks for the explanation. I only asked because I'm a casual player, never played any tournament, never studied the "meta" and I have absolutely no idea what is the best nature for certain pokémon. I was SR'ing this and thought I had something good. Since I have no clue at all, I decide to ask someone more knowledgeable then me. But I think you are right. Should have guessed a stat so low would be bad. Sorry if it was a stupid question.

Sondero

Thanks for the explanation. I only asked because I'm a casual player, never played any tournament, never studied the "meta" and I have absolutely no idea what is the best nature for certain pokémon. I was SR'ing this and thought I had something good. Since I have no clue at all, I decide to ask someone more knowledgeable then me. But I think you are right. Should have guessed a stat so low would be bad. Sorry if it was a stupid question.
No worries, I used to ask K/T on some bad resets myself when I was new to SR'ing. If you're wondering which natures that are optimal for the Pokemon you're SR'ing, I suggest looking up the Pokemon on Smogon's strategy dex. If there's a Pokemon that has sets that recommends to use Adamant or Jolly nature, that's often the natures you'd want to go for. With Arceus, there are sets that recommends Jolly, Bold, Timid, Modest (there is also a set that suggests impish, but that requires Defog, which the GF Arceus can't get). But just because there are some natures that aren't recommended in any sets doesn't mean they're an instant toss, Like if you get an Adamant Arceus with the IVs 31/31/31/X/31/31, that's well worth considering. But the natures Gentle, Lax, Serious, Hardy, Quirky, Docile and Bashful serve next to no purpose on any Pokemon, so they're pretty much an instant toss.

Good Luck on future Soft Resetting!

Last edited:
Hello guys, If I have a Garchomp father with nothing but Crunch and Dragon Rush as egg moves in this order from up to down, and a mother charmander with the moves Crunch, Flare Blitz, Outrage, Dragon Dance. What egg moves will the offspring get? I'm so confused by the inheritance order.

Edit: Just so yo know the baby hatched with Dragon Rush, Flare Blitz, Outrage and Dragon Dance in this order, no Crunch even though both parents know it. Ideas?

Anyone have Chanceys in their Friend Safari? I could use a few more lucky eggs in my X Y game to help with leveling pokemon for my living dex.

Anyone have Chanceys in their Friend Safari? I could use a few more lucky eggs in my X Y game to help with leveling pokemon for my living dex.
Pelipper also holds Lucky Egg. Use a dead compound eyes lead + a pokemon with Frisk + Thief in 2nd slot for easy grabs ^^

Pelipper also holds Lucky Egg. Use a dead compound eyes lead + a pokemon with Frisk + Thief in 2nd slot for easy grabs ^^
Huh, didn't think of using a dead compound eyes lead to increase odds while still getting the turn 1 frisk. However, Pelipper isn't found in X Y (Just Wingull). Although given how much faster my Blissey Base is compared to Le Wow, I still might be better off transfering the 'mons I want to evolve over to ORAS.

Huh, didn't think of using a dead compound eyes lead to increase odds while still getting the turn 1 frisk. However, Pelipper isn't found in X Y (Just Wingull). Although given how much faster my Blissey Base is compared to Le Wow, I still might be better off transfering the 'mons I want to evolve over to ORAS.
Well yeah if you got access to ORAS, the lvl 100 blissey bases are wonderful. Slam an exp o-power + lucky eggs and you're good to go lol

Hello guys, If I have a Garchomp father with nothing but Crunch and Dragon Rush as egg moves in this order from up to down, and a mother charmander with the moves Crunch, Flare Blitz, Outrage, Dragon Dance. What egg moves will the offspring get? I'm so confused by the inheritance order.

Edit: Just so yo know the baby hatched with Dragon Rush, Flare Blitz, Outrage and Dragon Dance in this order, no Crunch even though both parents know it. Ideas?
If you want Crunch on the offspring you could delete Flare Blitz from the mother as Charizard can learn it via move re-learner as soon as its evolved .

Anyone here with a ground friend safari that has Marowak? I need a Cubone with his HA for my Little Cup Team but i can't find someone who has one and I'm getting kinda desperate.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Anyone here with a ground friend safari that has Marowak? I need a Cubone with his HA for my Little Cup Team but i can't find someone who has one and I'm getting kinda desperate.
Welcome to Smogon! I can catch you one for free. I actually have one in a Premier Ball from the safari if that works, otherwise I'd be happy to catch one in a different ball if you prefer. Message me (preferably by writing on my profile or starting a conversation with me) when you're around again!

Hrrm... interesting. I'm not an expert, but I think the game is smart and it knows Crunch is a lvl-Up move from the father and skips the mother's move, and it also searches for moves to add from back to front (Its easier for programmers to find the number of values in a set, then use that number as the starting value, instead of waiting for an null error when checking to kill the check) . Here's the order of inheritance (I think)
1. Mothers Egg Moves
2. Fathers Egg Moves
3. TM/HM Mother Egg Moves
4. TM/HM Fathers Egg Moves
5. Lvl-Up Inheritable Mother Egg Moves
6. Lvl-Up Inheritable Father Egg Moves
5. Normal Baby Moves

I always thought that Lvl-Up Inherited moves meant the offsprings level-up moves, but I might have been wrong, and it can be the level-up inherited moves of either parent. The move sets for offspring start off as a blank set, and new moves are added to the front for the list. So it would go:
(Tier 1, +Dragon Dance(It's an egg move from mother, and cannot be learned through TM or Lvl-Up)(Crunch is ignored beacuse it's the fathers Lvl-Up Move)
(Tier 2, Nothing added, as both are considered Lvl-Up Inherited Moves)
(Tier 3, +Outrage(Move Tutor Move))
(Tier 4, Nothing added, both are considered Lvl-Up Inherited Moves)
(Tier 5, +Flare Blitz (Learns from Lvl-Up))
(Tier 6, +Dragon Rush (Learns from Lvl-Up))
At this point the inheritor method ends, as it has returned the maximum of 4 egg moves, thus leaving "Crunch" not to be inherited, and with an infant with (Dragon Rush, Flare Blitz, Outrage, Dragon Dance). It could also be the Crunch is added in tier 2, then removed once it checks the fathers Lvl-Up moves, or that it pre-excludes each tier set from each pokemon, before allowing them to be searched for to be added when in the appropriate tier. However there's no way to test for this, without looking at the code.

Hope this helps! (And that I didn't just waste everyone's time if I'm wrong :P)

Quick question, is a shiny technician breloom without spore worth anything?
If so can someone suggest a viable move set for it?
Thanks.

Anybody knows where to get a 6 IV ditto with a foreign tag? (not ENG). Any will do, I just want it for Masuda method purposes.

What IV spreads are best on a Pokemon depends on what movesets the Pokemon tend to run. And since the suggested sets on almost all Pokemon tend to change (especially between games), maintaining a list of all Pokemon that prefer to have 6IV is quite difficult. Because while something like Dragonite could tend to run Mixed sets and thus benefit from having all 31's across the board in BW, that's less viable of an option now.

Of course, this is all based on the assumption that by "Pokemon (...) that appreciate having Perfect IVs in every stat?" you meant "Pokemon (...) that runs 31/31/31/31/31/31 IV Spreads". if not: what flargananddingle said is a good answer to the self explanatory question.
A better question then, would be, which Pokemon in UBERS and OU are run best as mixed attackers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)