Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a Mudkip in Omega Ruby I think. If you got Pokemon Bank you can transfer it to Sun and Moon (or wherever you want to).

EDIT: Yep I got a Lvl 11 male Mudkip with Pokerus.
Ah thanks for the offer, unfortunately I don't have any gen 6 games. I'll edit my request with this.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Bold Abra's Synchronize didn't work :(

Necrozma @ Serious Nature 29/5/31/31/31/31

Keep or toss?
Toss, even if you are going for Untouched trade-value, Serious is unacceptable, because having that nature and those IVs is about the equivalent of having Bold nature with the IVs 29/30-31/8-10/31/31/31. (the defense equivalent would be even lower if you put investment into the stat)

If you were planning to Hyper Train it anyway, see BlizzardHero's post.

Still looking for a braviary, whimsicott, pollitoad, type null, silvally, cosmog cosmoem, tirtouga, carrocosta, and the ultra beasts (Bar exurkitree and kartana) for my dex. Any help would be much much appreciated!

Still looking for a braviary, whimsicott, pollitoad, type null, silvally, cosmog cosmoem, tirtouga, carrocosta, and the ultra beasts (Bar exurkitree and kartana) for my dex. Any help would be much much appreciated!
Hey there! I can help you finishing your dex. I can lend you some but I dont have all of the UBs and cosmog and cosmoem if its okay

Hey ! I'm looking for a tucannon with his hidden talent sheer force. I can give a shiny pikipek. Pm me if you want. I can trade other pokemon

Hi, I'm attempting to learn how to use RNG abuse for shinies in Gen 5 (White) and ran into an issue. I can't find my SID because I haven't caught a shiny Pokemon and I can't order an old Action Replay because my only computer is a Mac (the device isn't Mac compatible). I'm hoping to trade with someone who has the older Action Replay in Gen 5 so they can determine my SID. Thanks for any help you can offer.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Hi, I'm attempting to learn how to use RNG abuse for shinies in Gen 5 (White) and ran into an issue. I can't find my SID because I haven't caught a shiny Pokemon and I can't order an old Action Replay because my only computer is a Mac (the device isn't Mac compatible). I'm hoping to trade with someone who has the older Action Replay in Gen 5 so they can determine my SID. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Wifi trading in the old games is dead I'm afraid. If you can import any Pokemon with your Gen 5 OT into a Gen 6 game (not SuMo please), I can check your SID for you. PM/VM me!

If I'm going for HP Fire Tapu Lele, do its three guaranteed-31 IVs have to be HP/Def/SpD? I can determine whether its Spe is 31 since it would be 137 and I have a 136-Spe Registeel, so that's one factor.

Also, am I correct in assuming that if its HP at a 31 HP IV is 172/172, I need a Final Gambit Pokemon with 171 HP?

If I'm going for HP Fire Tapu Lele, do its three guaranteed-31 IVs have to be HP/Def/SpD? I can determine whether its Spe is 31 since it would be 137 and I have a 136-Spe Registeel, so that's one factor.

Also, am I correct in assuming that if its HP at a 31 HP IV is 172/172, I need a Final Gambit Pokemon with 171 HP?
HP/Atk/SpDef is another combination for the three flawless IVs (and the one I got for my HP Fire Lele).

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus

To answer your first question, 3 guaranteed 31's in HP, Def and Sp.Def and even numbers in Atk, Sp.A and Spe is the most optimal spread for Hidden Power Fire on Lele, but there is another IV spread that gives it Hidden Power Fire. If its guaranteed 31's are set to HP, Attack and Special Defense, it will also be Hidden Power Fire if the other IVs are even, but that means it spends one of the 31's in Physical attack, which means it'll take the most Foul Play and Confusion damage.

Also, since the Speed has to be even, you won't need a speed check if you're only going for Hidden Power Fire and the right nature, because even if the speed of it is 137, that could still mean it's 30, and if the speed is lower than that, it could still be an even number.
(also, I hope you're aware that 137 Speed is for Modest and other non +/-speed natures. When it's timid, its speed is 150 at 31 Speed)

To answer your second question though: yes, by using a mon with Final Gambit and 171 HP, you can automatically toss any non-31 HP Lele's, and none of the ones you tossed through Final Gambit would be HP Fire.

Also, since the Speed has to be even, you won't need a speed check if you're only going for Hidden Power Fire and the right nature, because even if the speed of it is 137, that could still mean it's 30, and if the speed is lower than that, it could still be an even number.
(also, I hope you're aware that 137 Speed is for Modest and other non +/-speed natures. When it's timid, its speed is 150 at 31 Speed)
This had occurred to me, but the odds of Lele having 137 Spe without having inherited one of the necessary-31 IVs is fairly low. I think I am ultimately saving time just discarding ones that outspeed a 136 mon. If it has 136-137 Spe, there's a chance it's 29, 30, or 31 (If I'm calculating correctly) but only 30 is usable to me.

And yes, I'm searching for Modest, so I know that if it outspeeds me it's either got that 31 IV (probably) or it's the wrong nature. (Not that I'd be opposed to Timid necessarily.)

Thank you for the information, though!

LF someone with two 5 star secret kitchens that could level up two of my Pokémon to lvl 98. Since I believe this is a lot to ask, I'll breed for this person two 5 IV Pokémon of his/her choice. PM me if interested.

I would like to know what's Smogon moral stance on the following situations, and by "moral stance" I mean if the pokémon obtained throught these methods are allowed to be traded here.

1º - Save Abuse

I backup my save, RNG a legendary pokémon, send it to Bank, restore my save, RNG it again but with a different spread/nature/HP.

2º - Extraction and injection throught .pk# files

I use a emulator/cartridge to RNG a pokémon on a Gen. 4 game, but I don't have a Gen. 5 game in order to do the chain transfer process. I extract the pokémon from the Gen. 4 game and directly inject it on a Gen. 6 or 7 game.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I would like to know what's Smogon moral stance on the following situations, and by "moral stance" I mean if the pokémon obtained throught these methods are allowed to be traded here.

1º - Save Abuse

I backup my save, RNG a legendary pokémon, send it to Bank, restore my save, RNG it again but with a different spread/nature/HP.

2º - Extraction and injection throught .pk# files

I use a emulator/cartridge to RNG a pokémon on a Gen. 4 game, but I don't have a Gen. 5 game in order to do the chain transfer process. I extract the pokémon from the Gen. 4 game and directly inject it on a Gen. 6 or 7 game.
We've allowed both provided you disclose that you did so. And as a caveat of the second topic:

However, if something gets messed up in the process (i.e. improper conversion of the files, something's not changed that should be [or vice versa], it gets some random extra trash bytes, etc), then they would be considered hacked [thus not tradable here]. Basically it should result in the same Pokemon as if you had used Bank. So unless you really trust yourself and the program, I wouldn't try it. Bank also doesn't allow some Pokemon through, so those Pokemon shouldn't be transferred either or would be "hacked".

There could be something else I'm missing, but that's what comes to mind right now haha.
I mention Bank specifically, but the same holds true for Pal Park or whichever official tool would be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)