Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I have a question regarding Clones. If I were to clone Pokémon via Action Replay (Without using other cheats) would I still be able to trade these Pokémon here?

[Note:] I am cloning them in Gens 4 and 5.

Is there any way to check if a pokémon came from a game which had it's egg seed altered?

A friend of mine wants to trade me flawless shiny eggs of the 3 Alola starters. Males Litten and Rowlet are somewhat easy to shiny RNG, but a female Popplio, with it's 12.5% female chance, can take quite some time. Seeing as he once suggested the possibility of altering the egg seed from his game and the fact that he accomplished to get all 3 eggs in one week, I got a little worried that his 'mons might be hacked.

Last edited:
Is there any way to check if a pokémon came from a game which had it's egg seed altered?

A friend of mine wants to trade me flawless shiny eggs of the 3 Alola starters. Males Litten and Rowlet are somewhat easy to shiny RNG, but a female Popplio, with it's 12.5% female chance, can take quite some time. Seeing as he once suggested the possibility of altering the egg seed from his game and the fact that he accomplished to get all 3 eggs in one week, I got a little worried that his 'mons might be hacked.
From my experience, no. But that's not to say it isn't possible - I've just never looked into it because it's cheating.

That said, it may not be as difficult as you think to get that Popplio. I have an M/M/M/M/31/F TMM save that allows me to RNG low ratio females. If your friend has proof, i.e. a screenshot of the pokemon just after the egg has hatched or something (before any suspected edits can be made) it should be fine.

Looking for the following apricorn ball mons:

Love and level ball goomy (!!)
Love ball stufful
Moon ball pancham
Heavy/moon ball klefki
Moon ball drifloon

Or I suppose the balls themselves so I can catch these.

Also still looking for these:
Dream ball squirtle
Dream ball bulbasaur
Luxury ball chimchar

I have many breedables (all in shop/apri/dream balls) for trade. Thanks. :)

From my experience, no. But that's not to say it isn't possible - I've just never looked into it because it's cheating.

That said, it may not be as difficult as you think to get that Popplio. I have an M/M/M/M/31/F TMM save that allows me to RNG low ratio females. If your friend has proof, i.e. a screenshot of the pokemon just after the egg has hatched or something (before any suspected edits can be made) it should be fine.
Indeed, one might be lucky and get a close shiny frame, but 3 in one week is a lot of luck. The sad thing is, it works. I decided to test it, to see if it would really work. That way, if it wasn't possible I could safely assume that his 'mons were legit. But I tested and, unfortunately, it's possible. Visually there's no difference. You receive the egg and it hatches as normal, so I was hoping that there could be something inside the pokémon code, a unique signature or something like that that could give away the hack. Oh well, better stay away from those eggs then. Thanks, man.

Best ball for Bulu?
because apricorn balls.

Repeat as well I guess but looks worse IMO :)

Indeed, one might be lucky and get a close shiny frame, but 3 in one week is a lot of luck. The sad thing is, it works. I decided to test it, to see if it would really work. That way, if it wasn't possible I could safely assume that his 'mons were legit. But I tested and, unfortunately, it's possible. Visually there's no difference. You receive the egg and it hatches as normal, so I was hoping that there could be something inside the pokémon code, a unique signature or something like that that could give away the hack. Oh well, better stay away from those eggs then. Thanks, man.
Still possible if he is able to backup/restore a save file. His Pokemon wouldn't be edited if that were the case. Because the game creates the Pokemon with no external influence there's nothing fishy about the code, even the stuff you can't see. Maybe worth discussing in the RNG thread if you want more information, as this conversation has the potential to derail this one :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)