Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 50 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has recently been posted that many DS/3DS games are dying en masse. This is extremely fucking irritating, as my Pokemon Ultra Moon copy is basically the culmination of nearly 20 years of collecting, breeding, and RNGing over the generations. I am asking now; what is the safest, most reliable storage method for my Pokemon now? I had assumed that those cartridges would last "forever" but clearly not.. I was hesitant to put them all on my Shield copy because I don't like the idea of them being saved on the switch itself, as opposed to the cartridge. With that said, is pokemon HOME cloud-based? If my Switch breaks, how can I recover my Pokemon? Can I back them up?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
It has recently been posted that many DS/3DS games are dying en masse. This is extremely fucking irritating, as my Pokemon Ultra Moon copy is basically the culmination of nearly 20 years of collecting, breeding, and RNGing over the generations. I am asking now; what is the safest, most reliable storage method for my Pokemon now? I had assumed that those cartridges would last "forever" but clearly not.. I was hesitant to put them all on my Shield copy because I don't like the idea of them being saved on the switch itself, as opposed to the cartridge. With that said, is pokemon HOME cloud-based? If my Switch breaks, how can I recover my Pokemon? Can I back them up?
HOME and Bank are both cloud based, and are the closest things you'd find on stock systems to backing things up. Mons doesn't have cloud saves or an easy way to back things up (aside from home/bank) by design, since it would give people an easy way to farm legends or clone or w/e.

HOME and Bank are both cloud based, and are the closest things you'd find on stock systems to backing things up. Mons doesn't have cloud saves or an easy way to back things up (aside from home/bank) by design, since it would give people an easy way to farm legends or clone or w/e.
Yeah I'm going with HOME then. Such a shame I can't rely on the physical games to store data. Some 35-40 year old cartridges from retro systems still work no problem! Must be bit-rot or shoddy components.

Are you still looking for this? I could get this to you if you're okay with injected wondercards and receiving a clone of the mon in question
i am okay with a clone version as i want to be able to potentially nickname it in the future if i do get sword or shield, which i do not think you can do with wondercard event pokemon. thank you for the reply.

i am okay with a clone version as i want to be able to potentially nickname it in the future if i do get sword or shield, which i do not think you can do with wondercard event pokemon. thank you for the reply.
you cannot nickname event pokemon in generation 8 (sword and shield)

Wait the 3DS games are DYING? Really? How? When?

I already stuck all my shinies on bank because my 3DS is breaking and I don't want to lose too much data, but still I didn't know that! what are the details on that, why's it happening?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Wait the 3DS games are DYING? Really? How? When?

I already stuck all my shinies on bank because my 3DS is breaking and I don't want to lose too much data, but still I didn't know that! what are the details on that, why's it happening?
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/psa-on-the-topic-of-ds-3ds-games-dying-en-masse.3683704/

tbf, this is based off of anecdotes from a very small number of people of the total number of carts, which inevitably sparked people freaking out. Not to say there isn't science behind it. If you consider the DS was released in what 2004? We're already passed 15 years (which is in itself an average number that's probably based on a lot of factors not even quantified here) and this is the first time people have really bothered to look into it or consider this. No one actually knows if/when carts will die, so it's always a good idea to be smart about your stuff. I haven't researched it, but imo, be aware, but don't freak out.

Are you still looking for this? I could get this to you if you're okay with injected wondercards and receiving a clone of the mon in question
I already sent you a response. I can trade with you on Saturday at 11 am USA Eastern Standard Time. If you are looking for a particular pokemon, I'll check to see if I have any in any of my game files. Thanks again.

I am trying to do Method K Stationary RNG in Gen IV, specifically, the stationary Latios in HG in Pewter City. I loaded up time finder and found the following spreads that I want:

Capture.PNG

But it says I need a cute charm lead for this? Can someone explain what I would need for Latios, becasue the description says Cute Charm leads dont work for Pokemon that are only one gender, which Latios is only male. Do I still need a cute charm lead?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I am trying to do Method K Stationary RNG in Gen IV, specifically, the stationary Latios in HG in Pewter City. I loaded up time finder and found the following spreads that I want:

View attachment 343785

But it says I need a cute charm lead for this? Can someone explain what I would need for Latios, becasue the description says Cute Charm leads dont work for Pokemon that are only one gender, which Latios is only male. Do I still need a cute charm lead?
Wrong thread but no CC, and by extension those seeds, won't work with Latios. Either ignore those entries or redo the search with setting the gender ratio to fixed gender/genderless in the time finder.

Is there anyone on Smogon who could help me with cloning some of my legit Shiny Pokemon in USUM? I'm looking to make a small trade thread in addition to my breedjects one but I can't clone my Mons.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Bumping this.

Looking for someone to help transfer 18 Pokemon from Gen 5 to Gen 7 because I'm too stingy for Pokebank. (I trade them from my Black to your Gen 5 game, you transfer them, then you trade them to my Ultra Moon.)

I know Nintendo shut down Wii and DS Wifi, but for those who didn't know, fans have revived it so trading is possible. Here's a video on how if you want one, but it's just changing your DSi/3DS Wifi setting from Auto-Obtain DNS to setting DNS to 164.132.044.106
Gen 5 Games can use 3DS Wifi Settings.
(Edit: Better video.)
I can offer everything I'm offering below and clones of Pokemon I'm transferring if you want any when I get someone to clone some of them. (Pokemon I want transferred include a Luxury Ball 0 Atk Neutral Nature Softboiled Clefairy and a Lure Ball Neutral Nature Latios with crap IVs that can be taught Defog. IVs and Nautres can be fixed by Mints and Bottlecaps and Neutral Nature Pokemon don't get confused by any berries even after Mints.)

Asking for the following Pokemon in these Balls in Gen 7.

:Heavy Ball: :Bronzor: Bronzor
:Safari Ball: :Koffing: Koffing
:Fast Ball: :Magnemite: Magnemite
:Fast Ball: :Staryu: Staryu
:Dive Ball: :Mr. Mime: Mr. Mime with Technician (The odds that I'll need this are low enough that it's almost not worth asking for.)
:Repeat Ball: :Heatmor: Heatmor (I could use this, but it will probably lead to my pain and suffering.)

I can offer these Pokemon. I only have a 31/0/31/31/31/31 Dittos in Ultra Moon, but I'll make sure the Pokemon I give you have at least 4 31s. (or 3 31s and 0 Speed) I can also offer Gold Bottlecaps if you want them.
:Beast Ball: :Beldum: Beldum - Jolly
:Great Ball: :Bagon: Bagon - Adamant Moxie
:Dusk Ball: :Skrelp: Skrelp - Modest Adaptability
:Poke Ball: :Snivy: Snivy - Modest Contrary
:Lure Ball: :Corphish: Corphish - Brave Adaptability 0 Speed
:Luxury Ball: :Mimikyu: Mimikyu - Brave 0 Speed
:Heal Ball: :Slowpoke: Slowpoke - Calm Regenerator
:Dusk Ball: :Charmander: Charmander - Adamant
:Dusk Ball: :Oranguru: Oranguru - Relaxed 0 Speed or Calm
:Dream Ball: :Swablu: Swablu - Careful or Calm
:Heal Ball: :Chansey: Chansey - Bold or Calm
:Poke Ball: :Porygon: Porygon - Bold, Calm, or Modest
:Safari Ball: :Pinsir: Pinsir - Jolly
:Dusk Ball: :Houndour: Houndour - Timid
:Beast Ball: :Mareanie: Mareanie - Calm Regenerator
:Dusk Ball: :Pyukumuku: Pyukumuku - Calm Unaware 0 Attack
:Level Ball: :Sandygast: Sandygast - Bold/Calm
:Fast Ball: :Magnemite: Magnemite - Calm (Sorry for a bad nature)

I know this sounds like a stupid question because hacking isn't allowed, but I want to change a Pokemon's nickname but I reset the game they came from. Is there any way to change it that isn't against the rules here? For example, is it possible/allowed to have someone clone Pokemon using a tool and edit just the nickname instead of making an absolutely exact copy?

Edit: I figured not...

Last edited:

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I only have a 31/0/31/31/31/31 Dittos in Ultra Moon, but I'll make sure the Pokemon I give you have at least 4 31s. (or 3 31s and 0 Speed)
Just an FYI, Eisenherz is running a giveaway in Gens 6, 7, and 8 with Dittos of a variety of different IV spreads if you wanted to bolster your breeding abilities, here's a link :)
I know this sounds like a stupid question because hacking isn't allowed, but I want to change a Pokemon's nickname but I reset the game they came from. Is there any way to change it that isn't against the rules here? For example, is it possible/allowed to have someone clone Pokemon using a tool and edit just the nickname instead of making an absolutely exact copy?
Unfortunately no, any kind of editing (including nicknames) is not allowed by this forum's rules. If a Pokémon is nicknamed and the save file it's from is deleted, the only legitimate way to change its nickname would be to RNG a save file in the same generation that has the exact same TID, SID and OT.

Anyone got a spare Regenerator Kantonian Slowpoke I can have? IVs, natures, etc. don't matter. Just need one for breeding purposes.

Looking for a quick back-and-forth trade to evolve a Haunter in Ultra Moon! If anyone can help your boi out, lmk what it is you looking for... or... I got BA or non-BA shinies or breedjects in return or can prob breed whatever it is if I don't have it already. Hmu!

Edit:
Also looking for an Ice Body Seel for USUM trade as well! Not necessarily part of the Haunter request but I offer same things in return for the trade!

Breeding Disclaimer:
Nature's, IVs, Abilities, and Egg Moves are not an issue but specific Balls and Hidden Powers can be a little tricky or time consuming depending on what they are!

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Looking for a quick back-and-forth trade to evolve a Haunter in Ultra Moon! If anyone can help your boi out, lmk what it is you looking for... or... I got BA or non-BA shinies or breedjects in return or can prob breed whatever it is if I don't have it already. Hmu!
Can help with the haunter trade if still needed (no Seel I'm afraid). PM/VM me. Don't need anything in return.

Damn! This community is so dope! Always people ready and willing to help! Kinda makes a dilemma for me lol... I posted and for help with an evolution trade yesterday and got the help within 24hrs!! Went so fast that, I worry my next request is so soon, I'ma look like a needy mooch!! Lol anyway...

Looking For:
- Seel or Dewgong with Hidden Ability Ice Body for trade in Ultra Sun/Moon

In Return:

Got BA and non-BA Shinies. Some clones or genned and from GTS, but I will specify to you before hand. Have plenty of breedjects and can custom breed for you if it isn't anything too convoluted... Aka: Nature, IV, Ability, Egg Moves are no problem but combined with specific Balls, Hidden Powers, and Gender can end up taking FOREVER lol!

Holler!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)