Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 50 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Red Cross Circle means you can't transfer it to that game you're connected to Bank with and the Yellow Triangle means they know moves that aren't in the game you're connected with.
Does that mean that it's impossible to transfer them and use them on Pokemon Sword/Shield and Brilliant Diamond /Shining Pearl?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Does that mean that it's impossible to transfer them and use them on Pokemon Sword/Shield and Brilliant Diamond /Shining Pearl?
You can transfer. It just means they'll have a move that can't be used.

New Page, so bumping that I'm looking for these Pokemon in Gen 7. I'd prefer for the Legends have a 0 Atk IV. I don't care about anything else because of Mints, Bottlecaps, and breeding. Please don't offer Shinies because they're not special to me unless I find them myself.

:Repeat Ball: :Torchic: Torchic with Speed Boost
:Mudkip: Midkip with Damp (Any Pokeball)

:Repeat Ball: :Heatran: Heatran
:Repeat Ball: :Buzzwole: Buzzwole (I have one with 31 Atk that I'd be fine with using, but I'm asking for one with 0 Atk because why not?)
:Nest Ball: :Tornadus: Tornadus

I can offer to breed these Pokemon or to hunt for any Ultra Moon Exclusive Pokemon.
:Beast Ball: :Beldum: Beldum - Jolly
:Great Ball: :Bagon: Bagon - Adamant Moxie
:Dusk Ball: :Skrelp: Skrelp - Modest Adaptability
:Poke Ball: :Snivy: Snivy - Modest Contrary
:Lure Ball: :Corphish: Corphish - Brave Adaptability 0 Speed
:Luxury Ball: :Mimikyu: Mimikyu - Brave 0 Speed
:Heal Ball: :Slowpoke: Slowpoke - Calm Regenerator
:Dusk Ball: :Charmander: Charmander - Adamant
:Dusk Ball: :Oranguru: Oranguru - Relaxed 0 Speed or Calm
:Dream Ball: :Swablu: Swablu - Careful or Calm
:Heal Ball: :Chansey: Chansey - Bold or Calm
:Poke Ball: :Porygon: Porygon - Bold, Calm, or Modest
:Safari Ball: :Pinsir: Pinsir - Jolly
:Dusk Ball: :Houndour: Houndour - Timid
:Beast Ball: :Mareanie: Mareanie - Calm Regenerator
:Dusk Ball: :Pyukumuku: Pyukumuku - Calm Unaware
:Level Ball: :Sandygast: Sandygast - Bold/Calm
:Fast Ball: :Magnemite: Magnemite - Calm (Sorry for a "bad" nature)
:Quick Ball: :Hoothoot: Hoothoot - Bold/Calm
:Luxury Ball: :Rotom: Rotom - Calm
:Repeat Ball: :Torkoal: Torkoal - Calm
:Friend Ball: :Exeggcute: Exeggcute - Calm Harvest

(Disappointed at myself)

(Sigh) I know this might be a silly question to ask, but isn't there a way to Battle Eternatus again so I can capture it with the right Nature?

My Nintendo Switch saved automatically after I captured it and I didn't think about bringing a Timid synchroner with me before I Battled it. :(

It's my fault for not thinking and being prepared before I Battled it.

(Disappointed at myself)

(Sigh) I know this might be a silly question to ask, but isn't there a way to Battle Eternatus again so I can capture it with the right Nature?

My Nintendo Switch saved automatically after I captured it and I didn't think about bringing a Timid synchroner with me before I Battled it. :(

Once you've caught it, I don't believe there's a way to reattempt the capture. You can turn auto-save off and intentionally lose the 2nd fight to save directly before the capture (next time). I don't think you can synch Eternatus or any of the other stationary legends, but I might be wrong on that

Hey, anyone have any weak Hisui starters that they can trade over to me? All I've got is crap so I can't really give you anything in return unless you want an Alpha Bidoof or Alpha Floatzel. Or if you haven't gotten something rare I might be able to help.

Once you've caught it, I don't believe there's a way to reattempt the capture. You can turn auto-save off and intentionally lose the 2nd fight to save directly before the capture (next time). I don't think you can synch Eternatus or any of the other stationary legends, but I might be wrong on that
Thanks, Craymond

(Disappointed at myself)

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to re-battle Eternatus in SwSh on a single save.

However, since save files are no longer saved on the cartridge for Switch titles (part of their anti-piracy measures), you can also technically make multiple saves now by creating another user profile on your Switch. Save files are locked to their creator's profile, thus when you create a new user, it'll act as if you haven't played the game yet and allow you to make a new save file. This will require you to redo the entire game up to Eternatus which may not be an option for you, but it'll be the only way for you to access Eternatus again.

Moreover,
I don't think you can synch Eternatus or any of the other stationary legends, but I might be wrong on that
Unfortunately it's as craymond stated: no raid/gift/stationary legendary/mystery gift Pokemon can be synchronized in Gen 8. You can still soft reset for the nature and IV's you desire (except for mystery gift Pokemon, and raids are more complicated), but it's a much longer and painful process.

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to re-battle Eternatus in SwSh on a single save.

However, since save files are no longer saved on the cartridge for Switch titles (part of their anti-piracy measures), you can also technically make multiple saves now by creating another user profile on your Switch. Save files are locked to their creator's profile, thus when you create a new user, it'll act as if you haven't played the game yet and allow you to make a new save file. This will require you to redo the entire game up to Eternatus which may not be an option for you, but it'll be the only way for you to access Eternatus again.

Moreover,

Unfortunately it's as craymond stated: no raid/gift/stationary legendary/mystery gift Pokemon can be synchronized in Gen 8. You can still soft reset for the nature and IV's you desire (except for mystery gift Pokemon, and raids are more complicated), but it's a much longer and painful process.
I see. Thank you, Blizzard.

(Disappointed at myself)

If you do decide to create a new save you can use a iv sr'ing team to get around the lack of being able to sync the nature. From testing this method it takes a lot of time (and I haven't managed it successfully yet) but if you want the team information tag me on the wifi discord.

(Learned about the mints from Christian)

Hm?

(Reading about the mints)

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Timid_Mint

These mints can change a Pokemon's nature?

I wonder if I can use the Timid mint to change Eternatus's nature to Timid?
Mints are an item introduced in Gen 8 that change the stat effects of natures. If you use a mint on a Pokemon, the display nature that the Pokemon has will remained unchanged but the effects on the Pokemon's stats will change to that of the mint. There are also some competitive shenanigans you can accomplish with mints that confuse game mechanics, but I'm not qualified to speak about that.

If you're just looking for an Eternatus for competitive purposes, minting it will suit your needs.

Moreover, Anubis' giveaway distributes mints here. Simply follow the instructions, and you should be able to acquire one easily.

Mints are an item introduced in Gen 8 that change the stat effects of natures. If you use a mint on a Pokemon, the display nature that the Pokemon has will remained unchanged but the effects on the Pokemon's stats will change to that of the mint. There are also some competitive shenanigans you can accomplish with mints that confuse game mechanics, but I'm not qualified to speak about that.

If you're just looking for an Eternatus for competitive purposes, minting it will suit your needs.

Moreover, Anubis' giveaway distributes mints here. Simply follow the instructions, and you should be able to acquire one easily.
I see. Thank you.

Karmaloop3

formerly Jim Bailey
(Disappointed at myself)

I'd imagine it'd probably easier to just Mint it to the right nature.

Nidoran M/F are considered different species for ball inheritance, right? Like, a Safari Ball Nidoran-M & HA Nidoran-F can't result in HA Safari Ball?

Nidoran M/F are considered different species for ball inheritance, right? Like, a Safari Ball Nidoran-M & HA Nidoran-F can't result in HA Safari Ball?
From what I recall in my testing, yes. While Nidoran-M and Nidoran-F can mate and pass stats/nature to their offspring, cross-mon ball inheritance doesn't work beacuse they're treated as different species.

Whether this applies to other Pokemon species that have funky breeding mechanics, I have no idea. For example, I didn't test it with Volbeat and Illumise, but it probably acts similarly. Wormadam/Mothim + Beautifly/Dustox may also not work, but it's a non-issue since their first stage evolutions are the same.

Hope this helps!

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
From what I recall in my testing, yes. While Nidoran-M and Nidoran-F can mate and pass stats/nature to their offspring, cross-mon ball inheritance doesn't work beacuse they're treated as different species.

Whether this applies to other Pokemon species that have funky breeding mechanics, I have no idea. For example, I didn't test it with Volbeat and Illumise, but it probably acts similarly. Wormadam/Mothim + Beautifly/Dustox may also not work, but it's a non-issue since their first stage evolutions are the same.

Hope this helps!
Different nat dex number = different species (so won't work for nidoran or volbeat/illumise). Side note: Regional variants don't have different dex numbers, so they can each pass the ball.

How do LGPE and SwSh nuzlockes usually work given you can see the Pokémon on the overworld?
I've seen a few variations of this:

1. Pick the first Pokemon that spawns
2. Go for encounters you cant see in the overworld - (!) in the grass
3. Pick your encounter
4. Close your eyes and hope for the best

I went for 3. as my rule but i also had an increase in general difficulty enabled so wanted to give myself a fighting chance.

LF an HA Sizzilipede or Centiskorch. I only have non-HA and want to run Flame Body.

FT many breedjects(most actually perfect or very near, just extra.) Bounsweet, Bouffalant, Hatenna, Ferroseed, Abra, Amaura, Mr.Mime-g., Mimikyu, Lotad(think I have 5IV+0 atk fwiw,) Siziilipede, Scorbunny, Rolycoly, Mareanie, Gossifleur, Darumaka-g, etc.

LF an HA Sizzilipede or Centiskorch. I only have non-HA and want to run Flame Body.

FT many breedjects(most actually perfect or very near, just extra.) Bounsweet, Bouffalant, Hatenna, Ferroseed, Abra, Amaura, Mr.Mime-g., Mimikyu, Lotad(think I have 5IV+0 atk fwiw,) Siziilipede, Scorbunny, Rolycoly, Mareanie, Gossifleur, Darumaka-g, etc.
If you only want the HA I can help you with this - unfortunately, I bred off the HA on my parents, but I still have it stored. Send me a msg here or on Discord if you still need to be helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)