Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 50 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting back into Pokemon and I just found out about the Ability Patch... not sure how to feel about it. >_>

Does it have any noticable affect on your Pokemon? Like is it something people on this trade forum state they've used? I assume its similar to Hyper Training but maybe I'm wrong?

Getting back into Pokemon and I just found out about the Ability Patch... not sure how to feel about it. >_>

Does it have any noticable affect on your Pokemon? Like is it something people on this trade forum state they've used? I assume its similar to Hyper Training but maybe I'm wrong?
The ability patch works the same way as the ability capsule - it just changes the ability. While hyper training clearly states that the stat has been modified, and mints don't change the face nature of a Pokemon (and only change the stat effects), both ability-changing objects won't leave any notable identifier.

That being said, you may still be able to tell if someone has used a patch on a Pokemon. Pokemon from Gen 3-5 (excluding Dream World/Dream Radar/Gotto Pokemon and their offspring) will never have their HA unless someone has used a patch on them. Most legendaries/mythics/events will also have a specified ability, and so if they have their HA they've had an ability patch used on them. If a Pokemon does not fall into these categories however, then there's really no way to tell from a surface level glance that a Pokemon has had their ability changed.

The ability patch works the same way as the ability capsule - it just changes the ability. While hyper training clearly states that the stat has been modified, and mints don't change the face nature of a Pokemon (and only change the stat effects), both ability-changing objects won't leave any notable identifier.

That being said, you may still be able to tell if someone has used a patch on a Pokemon. Pokemon from Gen 3-5 (excluding Dream World/Dream Radar/Gotto Pokemon) will never have their HA unless someone has used a patch on them. Most legendaries/mythics/events will also have a specified ability, and so if they have their HA they've had an ability patch used on them. If a Pokemon does not fall into these categories however, then there's really no way to tell from a surface level glance that a Pokemon has had their ability changed.
Awesome, thank you for letting me know the difference between the Ability Patch/Capsule and HT/Mints. Definitely gonna keep all that in mind!

Mostly I was just curious if me using an Ability Patch on a pokemon to get its HA so that I can breed it easier would be identifiable in any negative way. I think this clears that up (I'm not planning on changing abilities on Pokemon that couldn't technically have them like you said from Gen 3-5 and with legends. :D

So I'm trying to figure out what specific format I want when I restart/remake my trade and collection thread. I've decided I want to use the Pokemon sprites, rather than Home images or anything like that. These might look pretty similar, but does anyone have any preferences of what you think looks best? Thanks to Tatertot for the format inspiration, its basically that and my old one combined.

Genesect

Nature: Hasty | Ability: Download | Ø
IVs:
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Moves: Extreme Speed, Techno Blast, Blaze Kick, Shift Gear
OT: えいがかん | ID: 07133
Obtained in a trade from Victini.

Not For Trade

Genesect

Nature: Hasty | Ability: Download | Gender: Ø
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31

Not For Trade

#649 Genesect (Ø)
Nature: Hasty | Ability: Download

Not For Trade

#649 Genesect (Ø)

Not For Trade

#649 Genesect (Ø)

Not For Trade

Last edited:
So I'm trying to figure out what specific format I want when I restart/remake my trade and collection thread. I've decided I want to use the Pokemon sprites, rather than Home images or anything like that. These might look pretty similar, but does anyone have any preferences of what you think looks best? Thanks to Tatertot for the format inspiration, its basically that and my old one combined.
I like options 3 and 4 the most - I feel that having the number and name on the same line looks better, as well as having the font a big bigger if it's separated from the rest of the text.

I don't really frequent the other forums on Smogon at all, can anyone please tell me where the best place to ask what IV spread/nature I should breed/aim for on my Eeveelutions?

I know about the Smogon dex but is that the best place?

Here seems fine um. IVs are simple, all stats you use should be 31, 0 atk if all special ideally.

Nature I'd say Adamant Flareon, Timid Jolteon, Bold Vaporeon, Timid Espeon, any -atk or -SpA Def or SpD boosting nature Umbreon, Jolly Leafeon, Modest Glaceon, Modest Sylveon. On the Umbreon it depends if you're just running foul play, or if you use your own atk stat.

Lf a Pheromosa. Preferably w/ max Dynamax lvl. For trade many breedjects. FT many breedjects(most actually perfect or very near, just extra.) Bounsweet, Bouffalant, Hatenna, Ferroseed, Abra, Amaura, Mr.Mime-g., Mimikyu, Lotad(think I have 5IV+0 atk fwiw,) Siziilipede, Scorbunny, Rolycoly, Mareanie, Gossifleur, Darumaka-g, etc. Even some legends(I have 3 Palkias, idk even.)

EDIT: nvm, forgot I have this, asked out of habit

Last edited:
Looking for a Fossilized Fish and a Fossilized Drake. I have a bunch of Fossilized Birds/Dinos I can trade in return, or I can also offer a spare 5IV pokemon from breeding!

Could anyone please explain why so many Pokémon are RNG’d with 0 in special attack these days, if they are a physical attacker? I understand 0 Atk is for Foul Play but what about SpA?

Could anyone please explain why so many Pokémon are RNG’d with 0 in special attack these days, if they are a physical attacker? I understand 0 Atk is for Foul Play but what about SpA?
Steelix211 is correct on both accounts. Some people do it beacuse they think it looks cleaner, others as future-proofing in case SpAtk Foul Play comes to ruin all the fun. I do it beacuse of both reasons. Honestly however, it's just a matter of preference - nothing wrong with just doing whatever you want.

As the tools and information on how to do RNG abuse (and other methods) have become more ubiquitous, so to has the bar been raised for what people desire and can be produced. In Gen 5, it can take me an hour or more to plan, find spreads, and catch the Pokemon I'm after. In Gen 7, the SSR method makes it so I can produce flawless shiny Pokemon in 20-30 mins - and most of that time is spent just loading the save file since I do it on retail. Hoarders only know how to hoard harder! :P

Steelix211 is correct on both accounts. Some people do it beacuse they think it looks cleaner, others as future-proofing in case SpAtk Foul Play comes to ruin all the fun. I do it beacuse of both reasons. Honestly however, it's just a matter of preference - nothing wrong with just doing whatever you want.

As the tools and information on how to do RNG abuse (and other methods) have become more ubiquitous, so to has the bar been raised for what people desire and can be produced. In Gen 5, it can take me an hour or more to plan, find spreads, and catch the Pokemon I'm after. In Gen 7, the SSR method makes it so I can produce flawless shiny Pokemon in 20-30 mins - and most of that time is spent just loading the save file since I do it on retail. Hoarders only know how to hoard harder! :P
Cool, thanks for responding! Makes sense to me; I just have a personal preference for all 6 IVs being flawless, haha.

Not sure if you can talk about it in this thread but what’s SSR method you’re talking about? I feel like I’ve heard it before but Google isn’t giving me the answer.

Cool, thanks for responding! Makes sense to me; I just have a personal preference for all 6 IVs being flawless, haha.

Not sure if you can talk about it in this thread but what’s SSR method you’re talking about? I feel like I’ve heard it before but Google isn’t giving me the answer.
SSR is an initialism of "Save State Restoration" (or Super Soft Reset as Buckert has jokingly called it), IE, abusing save states to keep using the same egg generation over and over. This is a Gen 7 exclusive method however, but I go into more depth on this method on my trade thread here. I've been told that my explanation is a little wordy there, but I haven't had the time to do any rewriting and it still gets the point across.

SSR is an initialism of "Save State Restoration" (or Super Soft Reset as Buckert has jokingly called it), IE, abusing save states to keep using the same egg generation over and over. This is a Gen 7 exclusive method however, but I go into more depth on this method on my trade thread here. I've been told that my explanation is a little wordy there, but I haven't had the time to do any rewriting and it still gets the point across.
Awesome, I’ll definitely check out your write-up on it! I’m at work right now but how is it different from the Time Machine method from Gen 6? I seem to remember being able to use save states to keep the same IV spread on eggs back then.

Awesome, I’ll definitely check out your write-up on it! I’m at work right now but how is it different from the Time Machine method from Gen 6? I seem to remember being able to use save states to keep the same IV spread on eggs back then.
It's almost the same as the Gen 6 Time Machine method (albeit with the extra step of creating a save state) in that you know what the next egg will be, but Egg RNG for Gen 6 is determined when the previous egg is rejected/accepted. In Gen 7, if you have the Shiny Charm, all Egg RNG is pre-set. You can swap parents, fight the E4, go take a nap for 10 hours, and every single future egg will always be exactly the same and not just the first one. You don't have to save after accepting each egg, and don't have to hatch them individually.

There are also some more technical applications (you can use more spreads from within a shiny cluster which increases the chance you'll get what you want, for example), but the other major difference between Gen 6 and Gen 7 is that Egg RNG Abuse for Gen 6 requires CFW, while it can be done on retail in Gen 7 w/o CFW. The best way I can describe SSR is Gen 6 Time Machine with less flailing about and more room to maneuver. Hopefully this explains it better!

Does anyone know how IVs/DVs are generated when you use the Celebi egg glitch in gen 2? Is it true that they can be higher than 15?

This Serebii page says that Sandshrew can know vital throw from an event, but no other website mentions this event. Is the Serebii page wrong?

In which games can you encounter a roaming Pokemon while using the Poke radar?

Do abilities like static and magnet pull affect wild Pokemon encounter chances during a Poke radar chain?

In gen 4, how does the order of a parent's moves affect the child's inherited moves? Apparently breeding a Ditto and an Infernape knowing flare blitz, close combat, shadow claw, and grass knot passes down only shadow claw, and switching it to grass knot, shadow claw, flare blitz, and close combat causes the child to inherit both shadow claw and grass knot.

In BW, does the game reroll a roaming Pokemon's personality if you defeat it, defeat the champion, and re-encounter it?

Is it possible to use the DNS exploit to obtain mystery gift items?

What is the chance of encountering one of N's Pokemon?

Is it possible to do the DNS exploit from the title screen or DS Wifi connections menu in BW2?

If this is not the best place to ask these questions, where should I ask instead?

Last edited:
Hey guys, I’m surprised this username wasn’t taken lol

LF: Eevee (male) with Yawn or Wish

LF: Magmar or Slugma with Flame Body

LF: Kelpsy Berries

Basically, trying to do some breeding in BDSP

FT: Let me know what you want

Does anyone know how IVs/DVs are generated when you use the Celebi egg glitch in gen 2? Is it true that they can be higher than 15?

This Serebii page says that Sandshrew can know vital throw from an event, but no other website mentions this event. Is the Serebii page wrong?

In which games can you encounter a roaming Pokemon while using the Poke radar?

Do abilities like static and magnet pull affect wild Pokemon encounter chances during a Poke radar chain?

In gen 4, how does the order of a parent's moves affect the child's inherited moves? Apparently breeding a Ditto and an Infernape knowing flare blitz, close combat, shadow claw, and grass knot passes down only shadow claw, and switching it to grass knot, shadow claw, flare blitz, and close combat causes the child to inherit both shadow claw and grass knot.

In BW, does the game reroll a roaming Pokemon's personality if you defeat it, defeat the champion, and re-encounter it?

Is it possible to use the DNS exploit to obtain mystery gift items?

What is the chance of encountering one of N's Pokemon?

Is it possible to do the DNS exploit from the title screen or DS Wifi connections menu in BW2?

If this is not the best place to ask these questions, where should I ask instead?
Can’t speak for the rest of it, but in regards to the Sandshrew knowing Vital Throw, it could be from this event Sandshrew in Gen 3 (which doesn’t have listed moves on the Bulbapedia page):

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Trade_and_Battle_Day_event_Pokémon_distributions#Sandshrew

Last edited:
Hello! Looking nickname services of 2 of my events (2014 gengar and sly zoroark) if somebody still have the save files and can help me let me know, thanks in advance!

Edit: Nickname Gengar done only Sly zoroark remains

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)