Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Once the metagame settles in a few months, is the OU tiering council considering a retest of any of the following?

Darkrai (due to Dark Void being nerfed to 50%), Deoxys-S (Due to Pheromosa and the Power Creep), Deoxys-D (Due to the Power Creep), Mega Kangaskhan (Due to the Parental Bond nerf), and the item Soul Dew (due to its boost being decreased from a 50% boost to Latios and Latias to only 20%)

Edit: I thought it said that Soul Dew was still banned, ignore that part.
Mega Kangaskhan will still be banned because despite the nerfs, Seismic Toss can still 2HKO anything under 401HP/anything 370HP and under holding lefties.
Pheromosa is far more likely to be suspected than anything considered fine now because of it, and Deoxys-S' ban wasn't because of it's offensive potential.
Dark Void still instantly takes anything out of play, no matter the accuracy. In much the same way, OHKO moves are banned despite having 30% accuracy.

Mega Kangaskhan will still be banned because despite the nerfs, Seismic Toss can still 2HKO anything under 401HP/anything 370HP and under holding lefties.
Pheromosa is far more likely to be suspected than anything considered fine now because of it, and Deoxys-S' ban wasn't because of it's offensive potential.
Dark Void still instantly takes anything out of play, no matter the accuracy. In much the same way, OHKO moves are banned despite having 30% accuracy.
The problem which is what made Darkrai so deadly was that Dark Void was a somewhat inferior Spore, but not it's a vastly inferior Spore. Even if that's the case for those others, what about Deo-D?

Dark Void still instantly takes anything out of play, no matter the accuracy.
Ok, but so does Spore and Sleep Powder. The difference between that and OHKO moves is that OHKO moves COMPLETELY remove something from the game whereas sleep isn't broken at all, especially Dark Void which doesn't have any other effects that differentiate it enough from other sleep moves besides the Bad Dreams ability that takes away 12% of your health per turn when you're asleep, something that any sleep move used by Darkrai would cause anyways. If anything, Darkrai's better off just using Z-Hypnosis since it grants it +1 speed.

I'm not advocating a retest or anything, but I don't see how that argument holds any weight when unbanned strategies like Spore, Sleep Powder and Hypnosis do the same thing Dark Void does, but with much better accuracy.

Ok, but so does Spore and Sleep Powder. The difference between that and OHKO moves is that OHKO moves COMPLETELY remove something from the game whereas sleep isn't broken at all, especially Dark Void which doesn't have any other effects that differentiate it enough from other sleep moves besides the Bad Dreams ability that takes away 12% of your health per turn when you're asleep, something that any sleep move used by Darkrai would cause anyways. If anything, Darkrai's better off just using Z-Hypnosis since it grants it +1 speed.

I'm not advocating a retest or anything, but I don't see how that argument holds any weight when unbanned strategies like Spore, Sleep Powder and Hypnosis do the same thing Dark Void does, but with much better accuracy.
I wasn't advocating for OHKO moves, I was advocating for a Darkrai retest due to the nerf.

On the topic of threads being made, when will the Viability Rankings thread be made so I can pick 6 from A+ tier when teambuilding?

also tired of wading through shit in the metagame thread and would like something with more direction
Within the next week or so I would guess. But if you think it's going to be an improvement from the metagame discussion thread I'd lower your expectations.
Once the metagame settles in a few months, is the OU tiering council considering a retest of any of the following?

Darkrai (due to Dark Void being nerfed to 50%), Deoxys-S (Due to Pheromosa and the Power Creep), Deoxys-D (Due to the Power Creep), Mega Kangaskhan (Due to the Parental Bond nerf), and the item Soul Dew (due to its boost being decreased from a 50% boost to Latios and Latias to only 20%)

Edit: I thought it said that Soul Dew was still banned, ignore that part.
Extremely unlikely. Also SQSA isn't a ban discussion venue so that's the end of that.

Badly worded but my point is that despite the nerfed accuracy, it still does what it's always done so it's no reason for a retest.

Won't say anything more because we're not supposed to discuss bans and such here, just wanted to clarify.

For Pyukumuku, if you KO it with a multi-hitting move, is the health damage you receive for the whole damage you do or for the last hit of the multi-hit attack?

I know Beast Boost buffs the actual stat so I can invest in the one I want, but are in-fight boosts also in the calc? Lets say I have a Kartana invested to have higher Spe than Atk so Beast Boost increases its Spe; if I use Swords Dance before getting any boosts will it still boost Spe or it will increase Atk?

Probably a dumb question, but I can't remember if I made a team or hijacked it from this forum somewhere.
The team I'm not sure about is Scarf Lele / Mega Metagross / Scarf Genesect / Zygarde - 10% / A-Marowak / Mandibuzz.
I can't find the team anywhere, but I don't remember building it either. It's not super important, but can anyone take credit for it?

Also, are there any mons or cores that check a Dugtrio + Mega Scizor core on rain? I can't seem to handle that. My best idea was some kind of Roost Zard-Y to switch in on Scizor and avoid Arena Trap, but it's shaky at best.

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
Also, are there any mons or cores that check a Dugtrio + Mega Scizor core on rain? I can't seem to handle that. My best idea was some kind of Roost Zard-Y to switch in on Scizor and avoid Arena Trap, but it's shaky at best.
Mega venusaur with hp fire would be a decent check here. Celesteela or skarmory also would be good

What do you guys think is a good stallbreaker in the current pokebank OU meta
Calm Mind Tapu Lele with Psyshock, Moonblast, Focus Blast would be really hard to deal with for most walls

Any ideas for offensive counters to scarf Pheromosa? Breaking that speed tier is hard, and psychic terrain is everywhere (doesn't help that I use it, haha). Should I just have a Pokémon with focus sash?

Any ideas for offensive counters to scarf Pheromosa? Breaking that speed tier is hard, and psychic terrain is everywhere (doesn't help that I use it, haha). Should I just have a Pokémon with focus sash?
Not as relevant anymore but Talonflame hard stops any variants of Pheromosa, Araquanid can tank mostly anything and OHKO with Liquidation. There's quite a few options to deal with it.

Offensive counters to Pheromosa? lol there aren't many. But against the scarf set and under psychic terrain, intimidaters like Gyarados and Landorus-T or ghost types like Mimikyu, Alolan-Marowak are surely gonna help. Then there's Buzzwole.

I know Beast Boost buffs the actual stat so I can invest in the one I want, but are in-fight boosts also in the calc? Lets say I have a Kartana invested to have higher Spe than Atk so Beast Boost increases its Spe; if I use Swords Dance before getting any boosts will it still boost Spe or it will increase Atk?
Beast Boost only affects base stats. With your Kartana example, it could SD, get a KO, and get +1 speed from beast boost if properly EV'd. Likewise, choiced items also do not affect beast boost. This is why Naughty Scarf Pheromosa (+Atk, -SpD) gets an attack boost after a KO, even though with a scarf it technically has 411 Attack and 601 Speed.

Hello, i'm New to smogon and competitive pokemon in general, but I really want to get into it. Is there any section in the 3DS wifi battles (not pokemon showdown) were I can do ranked battles using smogon rules? I know about battle spot but I hate how they force you to use a 3v3 team when pokemon battles have always been 6v6, also I hate how Gf doesn't care for balance at all.

I'm a very competitive person so having a way to track my progress is very important to me.

Shouldn't the "S/M OU Banlist" thread say Landorus-Incarnate and not just Landorus?

This is just a nitpick.

(As a side note to anyone who doesn't know, Burnett gives you the Reveal Glass if you talk to her in her lab after completing the second trial.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)